chapter 15*

My Bully, My Lover

Chanyeol's POV

I lay in bed Sunday morning with a smile on my face. I don't think I have ever woken up smiling before. It was new, but I liked it. I had plans to spend the entire day with Soojin today for tomorrow was her big history exam. She was supposed to come around 11am, but knowing her, she was going to be late. I looked over at the clock and it read 10:30am.

Maybe we can eat breakfast together again. I stretched in bed for a while before I got up to shower. When I got out, I could smell a delicious breakfast cooking downstairs. My stomach grumbled automatically as I rushed to get dressed.

10:55am. She's definitely going to be late. I cleaned my room to look semi-presentable before heading downstairs to wait for Soojin to arrive. I walked into the kitchen expecting to see a maid cooking me breakfast, but I was frozen in place, shocked to see that it was in fact Soojin in front of the kitchen stove.

She turned after hearing my footsteps and gave me a big smile. "Good morning, you're finally awake!"

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked her, rubbing my eyes, not believeing what I was seeing.

Soojin looked at me like I was dumb. "Um, you're the one that told me to be here by 11 remember?" She put eggs on two plates as the toaster popped.

"I meant what are you doing here, in my kitchen?" I asked again, still not moving.

"I wanted to make breakfast for you!" she admitted, turning back around to face the stove.

"Why?" There had to be some kind of occasion or something. Soojin wasn't just at my home early, but she was making me breakfast too? Something had to be up.

She sighed and turned around. "I felt bad about what happened yesterday. I ruined your birthday party and made you leave early because I was being a big baby."

I just looked at her suspiciously. What did that have to do with making me breakfast?

"And I realized that I never got you anything for your birthday," she frowned. "So the best thing I could think of in such short notice was to make you a nice meal."

Soojin making me a meal? I like the sound of that. A smile slowly started to creep on my face as I walked over and took a seat on the island counter. "So is this going to be a daily thing?"

"What? No!" she retorted. "Don't push it Park Chanyeol."

I laughed and leaned back with my hands behind my head. "Should I be scared? You're not going to try and kill me with your cooking are you?"

"For your information, I think I'm a pretty decent cook!" she exclaimed, finishing the last touches to our breakfast. She placed a plate in front of me and my eyes grew big in shock. It looked and smelled delicious. There was freshly buttered toast, a vegetable omelette, potatoes and bacon strips cooked just the way I like. There was a big bowl of yogurt with blueberries and another plate full of perfectly cut apples, oranges and bananas.

"Stop staring at it, I promise I didn't do anything to it." Soojin said as she took a seat next to me.

I took a bite out of the omelette and I swear I have never tasted anything so good. My eyes grew wide in complete shock of goodness.

"Do you not like it?" Soojin looked at me worried, biting her lip. "You don't have to eat it if you don't like it. I prepared other options."

"Are you kidding me?" I stuffed a bigger portion of omelette into my mouth. "This is delicious!" I exclaimed with a mouth full of food.

She let out a small laugh of relief and grabbed a fork. "Whew! That's a relief. Slow down!" She handed me a glass of orange juice and I gratefully took it. I took a large gulp from the glass and gave her a huge smile.

"You need to do this more often," I told her, preparing to go back into my plate.

She shook a finger at me and took a bite out of her toast. "Happy birthday," she smiled.

*****

"I THINK I'M GOING TO DIE!" Soojin wailed.

"Don't be so overdramatic," I told her without looking up from my own books. After breakfast, we went straight into our study session. I had a physics test tomorrow in addition to helping with Soojin with her history test, so both of us didn't have time to fool around today. Instead of studying in my room, we took up the small library on the first floor so we had enough table space for our books and papers.

"If I don't die from studying for this history test tonight, then I'm going to die tomorrow during the test," Soojin got up from her chair and laid on the floor.

"What the heck are you doing?" I looked down at her.

"I need a break," she told me.

"On the floor?" She was lying on her back with her hands on her stomach.

"Yes," she responded with her eyes closed. I don't know why, but I wanted to join her on the floor and lie right next to her. It look comfortable and oddly relaxing. But that can't be the case on the wooden flooring in this room.

"Do you wanna join me?" she asked with one eye open, catching me staring at her.

I cleared my throat and faced the papers in front of me. "I don't have time for that and neither do you."

She sighed and got up to take her place in ther chair next to me. "Come on, we've been at this for hours! We should do something to cool off our nerves, break time!" She stood up with her arms in the air.

"Sit back down." I told her, not looking up. She huffed back into her chair.

"18 year old Chanyeol is no fun," she grabbed her pen and went back to her history textbook.

*****

Soojin's POV

"I'll be right back," Chanyeol told me as he got up to leave the room. "Do you need anything?"

I shook my head sadly. I just wanted us to relax a little. Why does he have such a stick up his ? I flipped the page of my textbook and frowned. He was right, I really didn't have time to relax. I straighted my posture and felt a rush of determination. I'll study until I die just for today and I can relax all I want after.

A few minutes passed and Chanyeol got back. I was too focused on the passage I was reading when something hit my head.

"Ow!" I rubbed the spot on my head as I picked up something off the floor. It was a nerf dart. "What the heck!" Chanyeol was standing in the doorway with a nerf gun aimed at my head as he smiled evily.

"You have 5 seconds." he warned with a twinkle in his eye.

"5 seconds until what?" I questioned. What the heck are you doing?!

Chanyeol's eyes twinkled again before he shot another dart straight to my face. Luckily I was able to dodge it this time.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted, confused and yet, amused.

"You said you wanted to have some fun!" Chanyeol laughed.

"Yeah, maybe for you! How is this even fair?" I pointed out. There was no way I was going to be his target during this "fun time". Chanyeol suddenly threw a second nerf gun in my direction, as I caught it in surprise.

"It's 8:43pm right now. At 9pm we go back to studying." Before I knew it, we were shooting at each other, ducking under tables, grabbing loose darts on the floor to reload our weapons. It sounds stupid, I know, but it was a lot of fun.

"Ow!" Chanyeol shouted, a hand cupping his face. "You hit my eye!"

"Oh my gosh, are you alright?" I was sorry, but I couldn't stop the laughter. It was just too funny and because I knew he wasn't actually harmed, I thought it was okay if I laughed a little.

"Foul!" he shouted, pointing at me.

"It's not my fault you have bad reflexes!" I defended, still laughing.

"You aimed for my eye! Foul!" Chanyeol repeated, still cupping his face.

"Don't be such a baby," I put down my weapon and walked towards him. "Let me see."

I moved his hand out of the way and looked into the eye that I shot my dart at. It was teary and a little red, but other than that, he was going to be fine. "Who knew a bully could be such a cry baby." I teased.

There was no response from Chanyeol until I noticed that our faces were merely inches apart. My breath caught and I stood frozen where I was. It reminded me of that day we were together in the park when I was patching up his wounds after he saved me. The familiar feelings of that night suddenly washed over me and I felt a strong heat creeping up my face. Chanyeol didn't seem to know what to do either at our proximity so I did what I always did in these situations: try to make the awkwardnedd disappear, so I nudged his cheek with my finger.

"You're fine." I told him as I turned to go back to my seat. "It's 9:07pm, let's get back to work."

*****

At midnight, we both called it a night and I gathered my things to head home.

"Do you need a ride?" Chanyeol offered as he started to collect this belongings as well.

"No, I called a few minutes ago. My ride should be here soon." I told him.

After we were finished gathering our things, we head out of the room and walked to the front door together. Chanyeol handed off his books to a maid to take to his room as we bumped into Mrs. Park.

"Ahnnyounghasaeyo," I greeted her with a bow.

"Oh Soojin! You're still here?" she smiled at me brightly, looking at us back and forth. "You must be very studious!"

"I have to be with history if I want to do well!" I told her, trying to match the brightness in her smile. "I'm actually leaving right now."

"Oh, do you have a ride home? I can have one of our drivers take you home if you'd like," Mrs. Park offered.

I waved my hands in front of me. "Oh, no thank you. My ride should be here soon, but thank you!" I said.

She nodded and faced Chanyeol. "I'm going to go to bed now dear, don't stay up too late okay?"

"Okay umma," Chanyeol smiled. I could tell that Chanyeol really loved his mom, anyone could see it. He was gentle with her and really caring. His eyes were soft and full of love when he was around his mom, it was truly a heartwarming sight to see.

"Have a safe trip home Soojin and good luck on your test!" she cheered.

I gave her another deep bow and laughed at her enthusiasm. "Thank you Mrs. Park!" She gave me one last wave and left.

"Your mom is awesome." I told Chanyeol, still smiling as we walked out of the house.

"Duh, where do you think I got my awesome from?" he smiled confidently.

"Yeah...so thanks for today!" I told him. "I hope I didn't take too much of your own study time." If he didn't do well on his own test, then I would feel so guilty.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to fail my physics test." he reassured me. "But I might have to take the test with an eye patch."

I hit his arm as we both laughed. "Thank you, really. I had fun today." I told him.

"More thank yous!" Chanyeol pointed out.

"I take it back." I told him curtly as my ride pulled up. "I'll see you tomorrow! Good luck on your test!"

*****

I took a big sigh of relief as I sat back in my chair. I was the last one to hand in my history test and I couldn't have been more nervous. I felt confident when I first received the test paper, but as time went on, I felt more and more nervous, second guessing my knowledge.

But I was just glad that it was over. I had tried my best and that was all that mattered. I just hope I didn't fail. The history teacher told us good job and left for her next class.

"So?" Shinji turned to me immediately. "How do you think you did?"

"I don't want to think about it," I sulked. "How about you?

Shinji nodded. "I like history."

"Yeah, I used to too" I joked.

"What are you doing after school today?" she asked. I could tell she wanted something form me.

"Nothing, why?" I asked back, raising a curious eyebrow.

"Well..." she started, biting her lip. "Do you think you can help me after school with some Winter Fundraiser Formal stuff? I'll buy you dinner."

I softly laughed. She looked as if she was asking me to give her my kidney. "Yeah, sure. Now that I don't have a history test to worry about, I have some time. What do you need help with? I thought you had a whole committee to help you out."

"I do, but I have them doing other stuff. You're artistic right? I need help designing the invitations..." she told me.

"Since when was I artisitc?" I asked.

"I don't know!" Shinji wailed. "I just need your help, and I don't trust anyone's judgement but yours right now. These invitations need to be flawless!"

"Alright! Alright! I'll help, geez." I calmed her down. "But I want pizza. Extra cheesy."

*****

Chanyeol's POV

"Dude, you're like..glowing." Baek mentioned after we finished our physics test. Baek, Suho and I were now getting ready for a much needed lunch period.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, putting my things away.

"No, I see it too!" Suho added. "Did something happen between you and Soojin last night?" he teased.

I thought back to our nerf gun fight last night and a smile automactically appeared on my face.

"Something did happen!" Baek exclaimed. "Spill it man!"

I gave him a soft shove. "Nothing happened you idiot. We were just studying." I rolled my eyes for added effect. "I barely had time to study for that physics test!"

"Yeah, whatever. Not like we ever have to really study." Suho said.

"We still need to talk about what happened at the carnival with Minji," Baek mentioned.

Oh no. I had totally forgotten. I really hoped that they would forget about it and let it go, but I should have known better than to hope. "Don't worry about it, it's nothing."

"What do you mean it's nothing. Minji got you rings. I would hardly call that nothing." Suho said. "Even for Minji, she wouldn't do something like that unless she had a reason to think it was okay."

"Is there something you're not telling us?" Baek asked me with a concerned look. Apparently, I'm engaged to Minji and no way to get out of it. I wanted to tell them, I did. But I was afraid that if I said it outloud for someone else's ears to hear, then it would be true and I would have to accept my fate. And it was not something I was planning on giving into so easily.

"Nope." I lied. I'm sorry guys, don't hate me.

*****

Kai and Sehun gave Soojin a high five as the rest of the boys, including Shinji, continued to laugh.

"Right on Soojin!" Kai said.

"That better teach you a lesson hyung!" Sehun added.

"You don't need an eye patch or something?" D.O joked.

"You guys are so annoying, I'm fine." I mumbled and glared at Soojin, who was also trying to hold in her laughter and gave me an apologetic smile. I couldn't hold a grudge on her.

"So how's the planning going Shinji?" Kai asked, drinking from his glass of orange juice.

"It's going great! Soojin is going to help me after school with some things." Shinji told him. "You guys will be there right?"

"Not like our parents give us much of a choice." Suho groaned.

"Hey guys!!" Minji cheered as she walked over to our table. Ugh, what does she want now? It better not be something rash. "Whatcha guys up to?"

"Um..eating?" Sehun told her obviously.

"Whats up Minji?" Suho asked like the good hyung he was.

"I have invitations for you!" Minji fanned out big white envelopes in her hands and started handing them out. "My dad is hosting his annual holiday party again. I hope you all can make it!"

"When is it?" D.O asked opening his envelope.

"It's the last weekend of winter break!" Minji squealed. "I'm so excited! I already got the perfect dress and everything! It's going to be awesome this year, especially since you'll be there with me oppa!"

"Um, what?" Why does Minji keep insisting that there is something going on between me and her?

"Didn't you parents tell you? We're kind of hosting that party together this year." Minji frowned a little, catching on that she might have said something that she shouldn't ahve.

"No," I told her annoyed. "I wasn't told of such thing."

The boys could tell something was up. Soojin and Shinji sat there quietly, trying to make much of a presence.

"Well, now you know." Minji finished. "We're making the party extra big this year, so you're all allowed a plus one."

"How about Soojin and Shinji?" Sehun asked, noticing that they weren't given an invitation.

Minji gave him a sour look. "They weren't on the list, so I don't have invitations for them. Only for close family friends." She told them flatly.

"No worries," D.O said unfazed. "You can be my plus one Soojin."

"And Shinji can me my plus one!" Suho offered.

They both gratefully smiled at the two boys, but even I could tell that they didn't want to intrude on a party that they weren't welcome.

Minji cleared displeased. "Well...I guess that's settled then. See you guys later."

The table was still quiet, unsure of what just happened. Everyone felt the tension between Minji and me, they all knew that there was something that I was hiding from them. I was thankful that no one said anything about it at the moment.

"Don't worry about Minji and the party," I told the girls. "If you want to come, you should. Don't feel unwelcome. It's my party too apparently."

Soojin nodded slowly, giving me another grateful smile.

If I have to go through with this stupid holiday party, the only way I'll get through it is if you're there Soojin.

*****

Soojin's POV

"Is is just me or is there something fishy going on between Chanyeol oppa and Minji?" Shinji asked after school.

"What do you mean?" I knew exactly what she was talking about but I didn't want to say anything. I saw those rings that Minji gave Chanyeol for his birthday. I knew that there was something going on and it gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Doesn't it seem like Minji is getting more attached to Chanyeol oppa than before?" Shinji observed. "Like nothing fazes her anymore."

I shrugged. "Who knows."

"You should care!" Shinji raised her voice. "It's supposed to be you and Chanyeol oppa, not Minji. Destiny, remember?!"

I let out a laugh. "Not this again."

"Oh come on, there is no way you can deny this any longer!" Shinji started. "You and Chanyeol oppa are practically the same person! You two were made for each other! I'm almost positive Chanyeol oppa likes you!"

"Shinji, please," A part of me felt a small ounce of hope, but I dismissed it immediately. Chanyeol? Liking me? Impossible. "I asked you to stop this destiny fate magic voodoo stuff."

"I will never!" Shinji exclaimed as we entered the empty committee classroom. "He gave you his jacket Saturday, you spent all day with him yesterday, he offers you things and takes care of you. If you don't see his feelings then you are the most oblivious, most stubborn person I have ever met."

I set my things on a table. "I've been told that before." I told her nonchalantly.

"And you like him too." Shinji told me.

Me? Like Chanyeol? No way. He may make me feel unfamiliar things and make my body react in mysterious ways, but that doesn't mean I like him. I'm pretty sure I don't like him. He's mean and rude. How could I like someone like that? "You're crazy."

"Ugh!" Shinji threw her arms in frustration. "You are impossible!"

I laughed and put a hand on her shoulder. "Can we talk about something else please?"

"Whatever," Shinji slid my hand ofer shoulder. "Just so you know, you need to get a killer dress to blow the socks off Chanyeol oppa for Winter Fundraiser Formal."

"Why do I need to do that?" I asked her.

"I want to see his face when he sees the beauty of his fate." Shinji smiled.

I rolled my eyes and nudged her lightly on the shoulder. "You need to stop it with the kdramas, life isn't actually like that."

Shinji laughed, "A girl can only dream."

*****

The rest of the first semester went by without too may more surprises. The boys, Shinji and I continued to hang out comfortably and the school seemed to be getting used to the eight of us, which was a relief. I got a B+ on my history test and an A- on the second. I was so happy and even Chanyeol gave me a big hug when I told him the news. It was the best congratulatory present anyone could give me. It felt nice being in his arms, safe. But of course we broke the embrace in a matter of seconds, clearing our throats to get rid of the awkward silence that inevitably soon followed.

Minji was behaving well towards Shinji and I, which only caused me to get suspicious. She had something up her sleeve and I had to be careful of when she was going to unleash it.

The week before Winter Fundrasier Formal, Shinji forced me to go dress shopping with her, I had no choice but to go along. After the first hour, I was suddenly just as engrossed as Shinji was in finding the perfect dress. I don't know what came over me, but something told me that I had to look amazing that night.

"We have to find two dresses!" Shinji said, ruffling through the racks.

"What? Why?" I asked, shooting a look her way.

"We need one for the Winter Fundraiser and anther for Chanyeol oppa's holiday party!" she mentioned.

"Oh..." Did I really need two new dresses just for these events? "Can't I just wear the same one?"

Shinji immediately stopped moving and stared at me. "Dont you dare wear the same dress to the two biggest events of the year."

I started to get scared of Shinji. Sure, I said I cared about how I looked that night, but not this much. I raised my hands in defense. "Alright then. I'll just start off with one for now, I'm not really finding anything great."

Shinji sighed. "Yeah, I think I'll do the same. let's go to the next store."

The next store was where we both found jackpot. The dress that I found was simple and elegant. It was a light cream short strapless dress with a tule like finish for the bottom skirt the hit mid-calf. It was really plain, but I still really liked it. With the right accessories and shoes, I'm sure I could make it work.

"Try it on!" Shinji saw the dress in my hands and pushed me towards the dressing room. "With these!" She threw a pair of heels at me and shut the curtains before I could say anything.

I put the dress on with the shoes she threw at me and even I had to admit I liked what I saw. It wasn't short but still accentuated my length and the neckline wasn't too deep. I stepped out of the dressing room to get Shinji's opinion.

"YES!!!!" she squealed clapping her hands together. "This is it!"

I noticed that she was also in a dress of her own. It was light pink and the entire bust was covered in rhinestones. It was definitely something Shinji would pick and it had looked great on her.

"Get that dress immediately," I responded. Oh my goodnesss, what are these words coming out of my mouth?! Quick, where are my pants and sneakers!

We purchased the dresses and lef the store in victory.

"Chanyeol oppa is going to die when he sees you in that dress." Shinji smiled evilly.

 


 

A/N:

hello my lovely readers!
i'm sorry i haven't updated in a few days, things have been getting really busy for me
but i'm still trying to make time for this, so don't worry!
welcome new readers, i hope you like my story <3

now, i know this chapter was sort of lame, but just you wait! things will heat up again very soon!
i love you all, truly, truly, truly!!

subscribe, comment, upvote. i'll love you forever <3

 

this week's showtime was too funny, if i put all the gifs of my favorite parts then you would be overwhelmed! hehe
but here are a few:

sehun was mad funny this episode LOL
tumblr_mzhrctQyTS1saq0axo1_250.gif

i'll be a , let us appreciate the view for a second...
my lovely troll <3
tumblr_mzkowhpzGh1sqxmy5o1_250.gif   tumblr_mzhtt1mMBd1sawj2lo1_250.gif 

everything about this part of the episode can be summarized with this one gif..
tao's crazy skill, suho being the hardworking leader he is, chanyeol being kind of impressive and a derp at the same time and then there's kris...ultimate fail LOL
tumblr_mzhs7swGxD1t4bzcgo1_400.gif

stay with me until the end my lovely readers, i promise this story is going to get good :)
much love, thatxmusic