chapter 14

My Bully, My Lover

Soojin's POV

"No, no, no!" Shinji huffed inside my home. "You can't be serious!"

"Well hello to you too." It was Saturday evening and the plan was for Shinji to meet at my house so that we could head over to Chanyeol's house together. She looked like she spent a little more time getting ready today than usual, which didn't really come as a shock to me. But I still found it unbelievable. These guys were supposed to be our friends. There was no need to try and impress them or whatever it was she was trying to do.

"Don't tell me that you're wearing that!" she pointed at what I was wearing horrified. I looked down at my dark wash jeans and oversized dark red/navy plaid shirt. I didn't think it was bad. I spent all morning going through my closet and decided to just wear what I normally would when I hang out with friends. I scolded myself for caring so much, eventually slapped myself mentally and just put on what I was comfortable in.

"What's wrong with this?" I asked offended. I sure wasn't in a skirt, blouse, sweater and boots like Shinji was - despite the cold weather outside, but I didn't think it was that bad.

"You can't wear a plaid shirt to Chanyeol oppa's birthday party!" she shrieked. "I won't let you!"

She started to head up the stairs hastily to get to my room.

"Yah! Park Shinji! It's just a bunch of friends getting together, I would hardly call it a party!" I shouted after her. Chanyeol said he wanted something relaxing and fun, but Shinji was acting as if we were going to go on a big night out or something.

She opened the door to my room and went straight into my closet, immediately flipping through my clothes. "You have so much cute stuff! Why don't you ever wear any of this!?" she screeched, pulling out sweaters and tops.

"I prefer to be comfortable," I told her nonchalantly. "You better be putting my closet back into order after you're done." I scolded her.

"Wear this!" she held up a dress in the air in victory. "You have to wear this!"

"Shinji!" I grabbed the dress from her hands. "I am not wearing this tonight!"

"But you would look so good!" she frowned. "Chanyeol oppa would totally go crazy if he saw you in that!"

"Shinji, I am not wearing this dress." I repeated. Was she serious?! Not only was it cold outside, but I have never even worn this thing since my cousin got it for me. It still had the tag on it for goodness sake. I don't even know why I packed it.

Shinji grunted. "You have to change! Please Soojin! Wear something else!" she grabbed onto my arm with both hands, practically pleading. Was what I'm wearing really that bad?

"If I could, I would wear sweatpants and a hoodie," I mumbled. She looked up at me hopefully, eyes gleaming as if the world depended on what I wore that night.

I threw my hands in the air and gave in. "Fine! I'll change!" I told her as she squealed in delight. "Stay away from my closet."

*****

Shinji and I were standing in front of Chanyeol's gate as it buzzed open. After I finished changing into a loose cream knit sweater and medium wash boyfriend jeans, Shinji was still not satisfied and made me put my hair down. It was a little wavy from the bun that I had it in, but I cut the line when she wanted me to put on makeup. We were running late and ran out to head over to Chanyeol's - I knew how much he hated it when I was "late".

"I'm so nervous!" Shinji whispered as we walked towards the front door.

"Why?" What was there to be nervous about?

"I still don't think you understand how big of a deal this is." Shinji stopped and looked at me. "Before you, I was a nobody, just another girl in the crowd. But now look at me - I'm friends with the most popular, most wanted boys in all of Seoul. And not only that, they actually like me and want to be friends...with me."

I laughed. Shinji was so silly sometimes. I put a hand on her shoulder. "That's just it Shinji. They like you, you're their friend. You need to stop worrying about what they think and start acting like a friend instead of some crazy fan girl. The sooner you accept that fact, the easier it will be for you..and for me!"

She nodded and gave me a small smile. "Thanks Soojin."

"Let's hurry up and head inside, it's starting to get reallly chilly!" I nudged her shoulder and we arrived at the front door, greeted by the head maid.

"Hello again Miss Soojin!" she gave me a wide smile. "Welcome back! It's been a while since I've seen you!"

"Yes, hello!" We walked through the door as Shinji's eyes were widened with amazement at the interior. "We've been studying at the school library this past week."

The head maid nodded, "Yes, that is what I hear. Young Master and his friends are downstairs, would you like me to you?"

"No, I think it'll be fine. We're probably going to be leaving soon anyways. Thank you!" I grabbed a wandering Shinji by the elbow and dragged her towards where the boys were.

"His house is huge!" she whispered, still absorbing it in. I laughed at her innocence as we headed downstairs to be greeted by six loud, excited boys.

"Yay! Soojin and Shinji are here!" Sehun exclaimed as everyone greeted us.

"You're late." Chanyeol said to me, as expected.

"Sorry birthday boy," I replied, trying to lighten the mood. I didn't want him to start off his birthday night annoyed. "But we're here now!"

"Soojin, you look quite nice today if I may say so myself," Baekhyun came up to me and put an arm around my shoulder. I realized that this was just his peronality and I still felt bad about rejecting him so rudely when we first met. I hate to admit it, but Baekhyun was a lot of fun to hang out with and his jokes always made me laugh. I just found it to really amusing when he tries his pick up lines. Interestingly enough, girls still swoon over his dorkiness.

"You're such a loser oppa," I laughed. I noticed Chanyeol giving us an angry look. "Lighten up, I said I was sorry for being late!"

"Can we go now? I'm starving!" Kai got up from the couch and put on his coat.

"Yeah, let's go!" D.O started to head up the stairs as the boys followed.

"Aren't you going to be cold Soojin?" Suho stopped in front of me looking concerned, fixing his own coat.

Oh crap, I forgot a jacket. "Um, I think I'll be alright. Thanks though!" I replied. Chanyeol already looked annoyed, I didn't want to make it worse because of my forgetfulness.

Suho wasn't convinced. "Are you sure? It's pretty cold outside tonight," he asked again.

"Don't worry about me oppa! Let's go!" I pushed him towards the stairs. It was just me and Chanyeol left behind. He still didn't look too happy.

"Come on, birthday boy," I smiled. "Let's have a good time."

*****

Chanyeol's POV

Dinner for the most part went pretty smoothly. We were all in our own conversations, having a great time. We bonded for the first time as a real group of friends and even I was enjoying myself, although I don't know why I thought I wouldn't. Soojin sat next to Baek again during dinner and it irked me again. Why does she keep sitting next to him?

"So we're going to head to the carnival after dinner right?" Sehun asked.

"Carnival?" Soojin and Shinji asked at the same time.

"Yeah, there's a carnival in town this weekend. We were planning on going after dinner." Kai told them.

"You didn't think that we were just going to have dinner for Chanyeol's birthday did you?" D.O smiled. Even he knew that dinner wasn't enough to call it a night.

"I don't know if I want to go," I told them, leaning back on my chair. It was only 7pm, but I was starting to get a little tired. And quite frankly, I just wasn't in the mood.

"Awh, come on man!" Baek exclaimed. "We are not going to end your 18th birthday party like this!"

"Yeah Chanyeol oppa, it'll be fun!" Shinji encouraged. She seemed to be getting a lot more comfortable with us, which I was happy to see. If she was just going to be another girl that fangirled over us, I wasn't sure if I was willing to have her stick around for long.

"I'm kind of tired," I told them. Like I said, I just wanted a relaxing dinner, nothing big.

"The night is still young and it's only Saturday," Soojin started. "Getting too old already?"

I noticed that Soojin was being extra friendly today, trying to avoid all bickering with me tonight. It was kind of annoying how she changed the topic of conversation so quickly when she would normally snap back at me. Why was she acting like this today?

"Don't tease me," I challenged Soojin.

She just laughed. God, why do I always get this weird feeling when I hear her laugh?

"Let's go, at least for a little bit. It should be fun," her eyes were bright and I found it hard to say no to her.

"Just for a little bit." My sister was right: who am I and where's the Park Chanyeol I used to be?

*****

"Whoo!" Kai shouted, running towards the ticket booth.

"Yehet!" Sehun cheered. "I'm going on all of these rides!"

"I'll buy the ride tickets in celebration of Chanyeol's birthday!" Suho offered.

"Hyung, you would pay for the tickets regardless," D.O joked, earning a look from Suho.

The carnival was bigger than last year, booths and rides filling the night with lights and cheerful noise. Everyone was in jackets and scarves, trying to keep warm from the chilling weather, eating popcorn, cotton candy and drinking hot cocoa. It looked like a lot of fun and I was starting to get excited to have some fun.

But then Baek swung his arm around Soojin again. Why does he keep doing that?!

"Wanna sit with me for some rides?" Baek asked Soojin. I suddenly regretted agreeing coming to this stupid carnival. I sensed that I was not going to have a good time after all.

"Um..." Soojin started to say nervously. "I'm actually...like...deathly afraid of heights."

"What?" I was surprised. Soojin was scared? Well that was something new.

"Yeah..." she looked down embarrassed. It was fricken cute. "I had a really bad experience when I was younger so I can't do heights."

Everyone started to laugh, including myself.

"You? Scared?!" Baek laughed. "That is unheard of!"

"I guess we really do learn something new every day," Suho added.

"Shut up!" Soojin snapped, cheeks flushing pink. "It's not funny!"

"I think we can all agree that it's funny," Sehun chuckled. "It's just so unlike you."

"Whatever," Soojin mumbled, pulling at the sleeves of her sweater to hide her hands.

Baek took his arm off Soojin and put it around Shinji's shoulders this time. "Guess it's just you and me then Shinji-ah."

She smiled widely and nodded. "You got it!"

Soon, Suho got all of our tickets and we started to walk around the carnival together. Kai and Sehun were leading the group, pointing out everything they were going to play, ride and eat. Suho and D.O were arguing what the best ride was at the carnival. Baek and Shinji were having their own conversation as well. So Soojin and I were left with each other, trailing behind everyone else.

"So..." Soojin tried to spark a conversation. "Are you glad you came?"

I shrugged. "I don't know yet."

She nudged my shoulder with her hand. "Awh come on! At least try to have some fun! The boys and I are really trying here!" she whined.

"You?" I raised an eyebrow. She was trying to get me to have fun?

"Well yeah!" she revealed. "You've been stressing out as much as I have this past week. This is your one night to let the stress go and have some fun!"

She was right. I was stressing out this week. Not because of school or my friends, but because of the whole Minji ordeal. My father would not speak to me and when he did, he would just get furious and start yelling. I couldn't talk about it with my sister either for she was on a business trip in China. As of right now, I was helpless in the situation. It was the first time in my life I have ever felt so hopeless about my future path. It wasn't what I wanted. I was alright with my father telling me what not to do, but now that he is telling me what to do, it was a whole different story. Marriage was a whole new level.

"Um, are you alright?" Soojin looked at me concerned. I snapped myself out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told her, still in thought. "You know what? Your'e right. I deserve to have a little fun tonight."

"Whoa, who are you?" Soojin laughed. "Did you just say that I was right? My mom must be right, 18th birthdays do change people!"

I nudged her back. "Shut up and help me have some fun."

"What? How am I supposed to do that?" she furrowed her eyebrows confused.

"Well, it looks like everyone else is paired up for the night, so it's your responsibility to make sure I have the best 18th birthday ever," I told her as-a-matter-of-factly.

She rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah, thanks. No pressure right?"

I laughed and swung an arm around her shoulder, shocking the both of us. "Let's go!"

*****

"OPPPAAA!!!"

No fricken way. I turned around to see my nightmare running towards me.

"Oppa, happy birthday!" Minji shouted, wrapping her arms around me. I pried her off quickly.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked her. There as no way she was going to ruin tonight for me, I was just starting to enjoy myself.

"I'm here to celebrate your birthday silly!" Minji smiled, eyes gleaming. She greeted the rest of the boys who half-heartedly greeted back. They weren't all that happy to see her either. Her expression got hard when her eyes landed on Soojin and Shinji. "Why are they here?!"

"I invited them," I told her sternly. "Why? Is that a problem?"

Minji cleared . "I guess it isn't." Yeah, it better not be. "But oppa! I have a present for you!" She took out a small box from her purse. "I hope you like it!"

"Thanks Minji, but I'm going on a no-gift birthday this year." I pushed the box back towards her.

"You have to take it! It's non-refundable!" she whined.

"Give it someone else," I told her. I didn't care what it was, I didn't want it.

"I can't, I got it made just for you!" she exclaimed and opened the box. It was two rings. Anyone with eyes could tell that they were couple rings.

I quickly grabbed the box out of her hands, shut it and dragged Minji away from my friends, praying to God that no one saw what was in the box. I roughly turned her around from the guys.

"Are you crazy?!" I shouted, waving the box in front of her face. "What the hell is this?!"

"They're for you! For us." Minji gloated. "I thought that maybe we should start wearing rings now to get used to them for later."

"Minji, I am not wearing this. Not now, not ever!" I said, putting the box back in her hands. "Take this back and don't ever do anything like this again!"

"You haven't told anyone yet have you?" Minji suspected, disappointed.

"Of course not! There is nothing to tell! We are not going to get married!" I scolded. It only took less than 5 minutes for my night to be ruined.

"Of course we are! The sooner you accept it, the better!" Minji whined. I swear, how in the world can someone be so ignorant? So selfish?

"Minji, I am going to say this once so listen well," I told her sternly, both hands on her shoulders. "Do not tell anyone about us. You got it? If you do, I swear Minji, I will make you regret it. You will never appear in front of my eyes again if you say a soul to anyone. Do you understand?" I threatened, unknowingly firming my grip on her shoulders.. I was not going to let her spread lies to my friends.

"But oppa..." Minji started, getting more sad.

"NO BUTS!" I shouted. "You are not to speak of this to anyone, do you understand me!!"

She slowly nodded, looking down at the small box in her hands. "Alright oppa, I understand. I'll give you time for it to sink in. But know this, you will accept us one way or another. It's going to happen eventually, you'll see."

I huffed in frustration. "I'm going to spend my birthday with my friends now. Have a good night." I turned to leave when she linked her arm around mine.

"Me too!" she said cheerfully. I pried her arm off me once more. What? Wasn't she sad just a second ago?

"Um, no you're not." I told her bluntly. I didn't care, I didn't want her here.

"Oppa!" she whined, clinging back onto me like a magnet. "I just want to spend some time with you!"

I felt bad, I did. But I really just wasn't in the mood for this right now - especially after the crap she just pulled with the rings.

"If I promise to have lunch with you tomorrow, will you leave?" I offered.

"Really?!" she gasped in delight and nodded. "Okay! I have to head home anyways! I'll call you later!" And with that she skipped off.

I let out a sigh of relief and headed back towards my friends who were now gathered at a cotton candy booth.

"What was that about?" D.O raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," I told him, hoping they wouldn't press any further about the subject.

"What did she get you?" Kai asked with cotton candy in his hand as Sehun put it in his mouth before Kai could. Kai gave him a glare.

"It was stupid," Please, stop asking.

I noticed that Suho and Baek were giving each other a look and then turn to look at me at the same time. Oh no, they saw. They were giving me the "we'll talk later" look. I was in for it.

Soojin didn't look happy either. I don't blame her after what Minji did to her. I still couldn't let it go myself.

"Let's start the rides!" Kai waved the tickets in the air, trying to break the awkward air.

"Ohorat!" Sehun cheered, linking arms with Kai, leading him towards the rides.

Everyone followed pursuit in their pairings, until it was just Soojin and me again.

"Well, that was an unexpected surprise." she said.

"Yeah, I know right?" we started to walk side by side behind the rest of our friends. "I swear, if I was hiding in an underground hole in another country, Minji would still somehow find me."

That earned a small chuckle from Soojin and I felt the air getting lighter again. "Let's hope it doesn't have to come to that."

"You never know." I laughed along.

*****

Soojin's POV

I couldn't believe that Minji had the nerve to get Chanyeol couple rings for his birthday. Did she honestly thing that he liked her? Did she believe that they were dating or something? Seeing those rings in that small box hit me hard in the chest. I wasn't jealous, it definitely wasn't jealousy. No way. It was anger that hit me. Anger that Minji would put Chanyeol in that kind of spot. Some people really don't get the meaning of no.

Unless...there really is something going on between them... My heart dropped at the thought.

I didn't get why of all people that were with us tonight, I was the one that got stuck spending the night side by side with Chanyeol. I thought that it was going to be a big group kind of hang out, but everyone paired themselves up and left Chanyeol and me with each other. I wasn't complaining really. This is probably the longest time we have gone without trying to kill each other. It was nice.

"Oppa, win me that doggie!" Shinji squealed, pointing at a cute stuffed animal hanging from a game booth we were passing by.

Baekhyun laughed sheepishly. "Are you sure you want me to do it?"

"Wrong person to ask Shinji," Suho laughed. "Baek is not the most athletic."

"Baek is the biggest klutz," Sehun agreed.

"I'll prove you all wrong!" Baekhyun laughed as he headed towards the booth, rolling up his sleeves. "3 tries please!" he told the tendor as he slapped money on the booth. It was one of those games where you have to shoot a baseball into a huge vase.

Baekhyun threw the first ball and it bounced off the rim of the vase.

"Ah!" he shouted as all of us laughed in amusement. He shot again and it bounced off the rim once more.

"You have to use the wall as a backboard!" Kai suggested, making his way next to Baekhyun.

"Good idea!" Baekhyun shot his last ball, but it was too strong and bounced right off the wall.

Everyone cheered and laughed together.

"Congratulations Shinji! You won the right to tease Baek about this forever!" Chanyeol laughed, ruffling Baekhyun's hair.

"Whatever!" Baekhyun smiled, being a good sport. "These games are impossible to win anyways."

"Wanna bet?" Chanyeol raised an eyebrow.

"Call!" Baekhyun pointed at him. "The usual?"

Chanyeol nodded as he took out his wallet to pay for the game.

"What's the usual?" I asked. They must make bets often to have a usual wager.

"A dare." Suho answered. "They make each other do stupid stuff."

"Oh," I laughed. I wish I knew these boys earlier to witness some of these dares.

"Last time Baekhyun hyung made Chanyeol hyung do gwiyomi!" Kai started to crack up, hitting Sehun's shoulder.

"Watch it." Chanyeol turned and gave him a hard glare. The boys didn't stop laughing.

"I'm going to make you do gwiyomi again, but in public this time!" Baek held onto his stomach as the boys cheered. I'm not going to lie, I would love to see that.

"You better win Chanyeol," I told him, trying to bite back my own giggles.

"Don't worry, I will." Chanyeol grabbed the first ball. "And when I do, you're going to be the one doing gwiyomi in front of everyone."

Chanyeol shot the first ball as it bounced off the rim. Everyone oohed and aahed, trying to mess up his focus. He shot again, as it rolled around the opening and flew out.

"Ooh! So close!!" D.O cheered.

"Last one Chanyeol!" Suho laughed.

"It's your lucky day ladies!" Sehun told us. "You get the right to tease Baekhyun and see Chanyeol hyung do gwiyomi all in the same day!"

Shinji and I laughed. Yeah, it must be our lucky day.

Chanyeol told everyone to shut up as he got ready to shoot his last ball. All seven of us held onto each other, holding our breaths. Chanyeol shot the last ball as it swiftly landed inside the vase with a satisfying thump.

"Yes!" Chanyeol pumped a fist in the air and turned to point at Baekhyun. "Gwiyomi time!"

"Awh man!" Baekhyun sulked as everyone cheered. "Can I do it later?"

"No way! A bet is a bet!" Chanyeol laughed. "Do it over there." He pointed towards the open area right in the middle of the carnival.

"That's just mean!" Baekhyun laughed as he awkwardly walked towards the center of the crowd.

"We can't hear you!" Suho shouted.

"1+1, GWIYOMI!" Baekhyun shouted. 

tumblr_mnnr2191Cm1rmi15fo1_400.giftumblr_mnnr2191Cm1rmi15fo2_400.giftumblr_mnnr2191Cm1rmi15fo3_400.giftumblr_mnnr2191Cm1rmi15fo4_400.giftumblr_mnnr2191Cm1rmi15fo5_250.giftumblr_mnnr2191Cm1rmi15fo6_250.gif

"WHOO!" I cheered. We were all laughing uncontrollably as we watched Baekhyun make a fool out of himself. A small group of girls who seemed to recognize him and stuck around in awe to fangirl.
 
"Baekhyun oppa! You're so cute!" the girls shouted when he finished.
 
"I hate you." Baekhyun grumbled to Chanyeol when he walked back to us.
 
"You can't hate the birthday boy!" Chanyeol laughed, swinging an arm around Baekhyun.
 
"I'm posting this online!" Sehun announced as he and Suho were watching the video he took on his phone.
 
"Yah!" Baekhyun shouted after Sehun.
 
"Will you claim your prize now?" the booth tendor asked Chanyeol, impatiently.
 
"Oh yeah, right." He pointed at the dog stuffed animal and the tendor retrieved it and handed it over. Chanyeol gave it to Shinji, whose eyes grew in surprise.
 
"What? Didn't you want it?" Chanyeol asked confused, still holding the animal towards her.
 
"Uh, yes...thank you!" Shinji exclaimed, gratefully taking her new pet.
 
Yeah, I'll admit it, I was a little jealous. I kind of hoped that he was going to give me the prize, but I knew I was just being silly. Shinji was the one to ask for it, so it only made sense for her to get it.
 
"Well now that we found something else to make fun of Baekhyun for," D.O said. "Let's go on with the night shall we?"
 
All of us cheered as we started to walk in a general direction. Once again, everyone paired up and Chanyeol was soon by my side.
 
"Are you having fun?" I asked him, rubbing my arms to create some friction. The night was starting to get even chillier and my body was starting to react. Why did I have to be so forgetful and forget my jacket?
 
"Are you cold?" Chanyeol observed and I quickly put my hands back to my sides.
 
"No." I told him confidently. I knew that if I said I was, he would just scold me and I was not in the mood to hear that. We were having such a great night getting along, I didn't want to ruin it.
 
"Why don't you just admit that you're cold?" Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows.
 
"I'm not cold!" I repeated.
 
"You're telling me that you're not cold in this weather?" He asked again. I have him a confident shrug.
 
Chanyeol rolled his eyes and took off his jacket. "Put this on."
 
I stared at his jacket that he was holding out to me, unsure of what to do. Chanyeol shook the jacket.
 
"Take it!" he told me.
 
"I don't want it! Besides, what about you?" I shouted back.
 
"Do you see what I'm wearing right now?" Chanyeol pointed to the thick hoodie that he was wearing. "I'm burning right now, so do me a favor and take this."
 
I shook my head. "I'm not cold!"
 
"Did I say I cared?" Chanyeol said. "I'm asking you to hold it!"
 
"I'm not your coat rack!" I responded. And to think that he was trying to be nice.
 
"Awh, come on guys. Don't start now, you two were doing so well today!" Suho called after us laughing.
 
"It was bound to happen." D.O added., shaking his head.
 
Chanyeol ignored the comments and put the jacket around my shoulders roughly. "I swear, you have got to be the most stubborn person in the world."
 
"I think that person is you," I retorted, slipping my arms through the jacket. It was warm and it smelled like him. I was really grateful that he gave me his jacket to wear, but there was no way I was going to tell him that. Damn, he smelled really good...
 
"And to answer your question from before," Chanyeol started, looking up at the sky then at me. "I am having fun."
 
*****
 
The rest of the night continued as everyone went on rides as I stayed behind. Luckily, not all of the rides were high so I was still able to go on some with everyone else. The eight of us had fun with bumper cars, teacups and all of the other close-to-the-ground rides and even played more booth games. I thought it was safe to say that we all had a successful stress-free night. I know for me at least I haven't had a more enjoyable night since I came to Seoul.
 
"Attention to all attendees of the carnival. We will be closing in 30 minutes. Please wrap up your visit for the night. We will be open for our final day tomorrow at 11am. Have a good night." A man announced over the speakers.
 
"30 minutes?!" Kai frowned, looking at his watch. "Is it 11:30 already?!"
 
"We have enough time to ride one more thing!" Sehun frantically turned in a circle to look for the ferris wheel and pointed at it once it came to view. "Come on!" Sehun grabbed Kai and started to jog towards the ferris wheel.
 
The rest of us followed pursuit. I was ready to take everyone's things like I did for the other rides, but this time, Suho grabbed my shoulders.
 
"Come on Soojin," he encouraged me forward. "It's the last ride!"
 
"No way!" I released his grip and took a few steps back. "I am not riding that thing!"
 
"Awh, come one Soojin!" Baek walked over. "It's the last ride and it isn't even that bad!"
 
"I can't ride the ferris wheel, I'm going to throw up!" I proclaimed, starting to get nauseous. Out of everything, the ferris wheel was the one thing I will not ride.
 
Kai and Sehun gave each other a michevious look and nodded. "Grab her!" Kai shouted.
 
Before I knew it, I had hands lifting me from the ground and carrying me towards the entrance of the ferris wheel.
 
"No! You guys don't understand! I can't ride this!" I shouted as the boys and Shinji laughed. Suho handed the tickets to the worker and the boys placed me in a seat with Chanyeol and locked me in before I could do anything.
 
"You'll be fine Soojin!" Baek laughed as he went to sit with Shinji.
 
"You guys don't understand! The ferris wheel--" I shut myself up as the ferris wheel started to move. "Oh. My. Gosh."
 
Chanyeol was laughing hysterically next to me, unable to catch his breath.
 
"Shut up." I shouted, frozen. I shut my eyes and tried to imagine that I wasn't on a ferris wheel right now. Think of a happy place, think of a happy place...
 
"This is too funny!" Chanyeol laughed some more, clapping his hands in enjoyment. "I don't understand what could have possibly happened to you when you were younger for you to be so scared of heights."
 
"The ferris wheel happened!" I shouted through tightly closed eyes. I was start to feel light headed now. "The ferris wheel is why I'm scared of heights!"
 
Chanyeol's laughter stopped almost immediately. "What?""
 
"When I was younger, my family and I were at a carnival and I really wanted to ride the ferris wheel. My parents wouldn't let me so I ran off to ride it on my own. The ferris wheel got stuck with me all the way on top by myself and I couldn't get down for 4 hours." I told him, reminiscing that awful day. I had never run away from my parents again, that is until one of them ran away from us...
 
"Oh gosh," Chanyeol said. My eyes were still shut, but I heard concern in his voice. "This was a bad idea."
 
"You think?!" I told him, earning a nervous chuckle.
 
"At least you're still you when you're scared to death," he said, still amused.
 
"Shut up! I feel like I'm going to throw up and if I do, I'm going to aim it at you." I told him, making sure my eyes were still shut tight.
 
"Whoa, whoa!" he panicked. "Just take deep breaths. Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale."
 
"I'm not having a baby you idiot!" I shouted, snapping my eyes open to yell at him. Bad idea. I saw that we were making our way to the very top and the air caught in my throat. "Crap."
 
Chanyeol looked worried and didn't know what to do.
 
"Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap," I repeated, shaking my feet. Now that my eyes were open, I couldn't close them in fear of what might happen if I did. I looked down to see how high were were. Why do I do this to myself? I let out a small yelp and looked up, taking deep breaths.
 
Suddenly, something big, warm and comforting took my hand. I looked down to see that Chanyeol took my hand in his.
 
"Just keep your eyes on me." he told me softly. "We'll be back down soon."
 
I stopped breathing and I felt dizzy. Chanyeol was staring at me so intently, so gently - the feeling of uncomfortableness was added to my list of current emotions. The nausea from the ferris wheel and the sudden strike of feelings from Chanyeol made me lose all of remaining energy.
 
"Whoa! Don't faint of me!" Chanyeol shouted, grabbing onto my shoulders to keep me up. "Here, lean on me." He gently pushed my head onto his shoulder, still not letting go of my hand. "Just keep taking deep breaths, we'll be back down soon."
 
Park Chanyeol, why do you make me feel this way?
 
 

 

A/N:

ah! i think i lost more subscribers! NOOO T_T
but i'm over 1300+ views! yay!
don't leave me subscribers, it breaks my heart to see you go~

anyways, i hope you liked this chapter! some romantical stuff going on hehe

just to clarify, i want to make sure that you guys know that some of the stuff Soojin says is out of denial. Chanyeol too.
i think you can pick out which parts are out of denial lol

i have so many idea for future fanfics and writing them all down! i just have to pick the right main character...any suggestions?

until next time...
subscribe, comment and upvote. i'll love you forever <3

 

happy birthday to kaisoo! i'm personally a kaihun fan but hese two are mad cute too :)
tumblr_inline_mz930zwrer1s848z8.gif

i have never noticed kyungsoo's autograph before until yesterday...
it's GENIUS! so clever!
and then there's kai...

tumblr_mzeuk743D61sk3a8go1_250.pngtumblr_mzeuk743D61sk3a8go2_500.png

much love, thatxmusic