chpater 36*

My Bully, My Lover

Chanyeol's POV

"It's a good thing I showed up," I whispered. My arm was still around Soojin as we laid side by side on her bed. She had been crying for who knows how long and finally stopped only to fall asleep. I looked at her pain-stricken face as she breathed deeply in her sleep. My heart went out to her, I couldn't imagine what she was going through. She moved, had to adjust to a whole new school, got bullied, found out her mom had cancer and lost her to it - all in less than a year.

As much as I wanted to make her and me official, it just wasn't the right time. Just knowing that we were unofficially together at the moment was good enough for me. I wanted Soojin to be stable and feel a lot better before we can start thinking about us. I sighed at how complicated things got so quickly and looked at her once more. Carefully, I reached my hand out and wiped a tear stain on her cheek with my thumb. She shuffled a little and slowly opened her eyes.

"Huh?" she said groggily, not fully conscious.

"Good morning sleepyhead," I slightly smiled, brushing some hair out of her face.

"What the!" she sat up quickly, widening the distance between us on her bed. "What just happened? Why are we in my bed?!"

I started to laugh, I hadn't expected this kind of reaction....okay, maybe I sort of did. "Oh my gosh, are you serious? You're the one that just fell asleep!" I told her.

"Did you sleep too?" Soojin asked, cheeks blazing red.

I shook my head. "Nope, I tried to, but I'm still jet laggy."

Soojin jumped off the bed and tied her hair back. "We speak of this to no one." she warned me.

I stood up from her bed and fixed her bed sheets. "Who cares? It's not a big deal, nothing happened." I smiled. She may be one tough chick, but her innocence was adorable. "It's not like we didn't sleep together before." I smirked, bringing up that night when we were on our ski trip.

Her eyes popped out of her head as she ran over to hit me in the arm.

"Ow!" I exclaimed. "What was that for?!" I almost forgot how strong Soojin could be. That's definitely one thing I didn't miss about her.

"You need to be quiet!" Soojin hissed. "What if someone hears you? They'll get the wrong idea!"

I shrugged and gave her my most innocent look. "Well it's the truth," I know I said that this wasn't the perfect time to be making moves on Soojin, but I couldn't help it. My body reacted in a way I couldn't control, it yearned for her.

I took slow steps towards her, closer and closer. Even I knew there must have been a glint in my eye. "You and I slept together that night on our ski trip." I reminded her teasingly. She started to get nervous, taking steps back to keep the distance between us.

"I-I thought I said we were never going to talk about that again," she stuttered, the color rising more in her cheeks.

"Yeah, but didn't you like it?" I asked with a smirk, taking more steps towards her. It was only a matter of time before she had no where else to go. "I kind of did."

"W-What?" Soojin continued to stutter. "N-No!"

"Well if you didn't, then why did you fall asleep so easily next to me again?" I questioned, finally pinning her. Her back hit her dresser and she looked back, starting to panic realizing that she couldn't step back any further.

"I-It just happened!" Soojin said, getting nervous.

I placed my arms on either side of her on the dresser and started to lean forward. Soojin, of course, leaned back as much she could too. "If you like sleeping with me, you can just say so. We can sleep together again tonight if you want."

"C-Can you choose different words?" Soojin's face was crimson red, she couldn't look at me in the eyes. "You're making it sound a lot worse than it is."

"What?" I asked innocently, enjoying this side of Soojin way too much. "There's nothing wrong about my wording. It's exactly what I'm talking about," I leaned in closer so that there were only centimeters between our faces. "You, me, sleeping together." I whispered.

This was it. I was going to kiss her and nothing was going to get in the way this time. I looked down at her soft lips and then back up at her expecting eyes. Millimeter by millimeter, I began to move closer and closer. Soon, our lips were going to--

"Soojin! Chanyeol!" Jina shouted from downstairs. No!!! I widened the distance the same time Soojin pushed me with two hands on my chest. No!! The disappointment was all too familiar. Jina noona, whyyyyy?!

"Y-Yeah?" Soojin shouted back, biting her lip.

"Come downstairs for fruit!" she shouted back.

Soojin looked a little disappointed too when she turned to face me. I shook my head and ran both of my hands through my hair frustrated.

"I'm never going to win," I groaned annoyed.

Soojin laughed at this, her mood making a 180 turn from nervous and tense to light and cheerful. "One day," she teased as she patted my shoulder and opened her door. "Aren't you coming?" she smiled as if she won.

I rolled my eyes and followed. Who knew it was so hard to kiss a girl?

*****

Soojin's POV

Why was is to hard to kiss Chanyeol? Like seriously.

This is only the second time, but I realized that I wanted to kiss him as much as Chanyeol wanted to. I was always nervous and freaking out inside once I sensed what Chanyeol was trying to do. The closer he gets to me, the closer my heart gets to bursting out of my chest. But the more I realize that I want him to kiss me too. This is the second time it didn't happen, and the second time I find myself disappointed.

Soojin, get your mind out of the gutter. That's the least of your problems right now, I shook my head.

It was late in the afternoon. After lunch, Chanyeol and Kwonho went to the nearby park to play some basketball, Jina went grocery shopping while my dad was on a conference call. I was left alone, so I decided to do what I've been pushing back the past few weeks: clean out my mom's closet.

It had felt good to cry earlier today. I didn't realize how much I needed to let out all of my feelings until I actually did it. I felt a lot better - as good as things were going to get right now anyways. I knew that because Chanyeol was there, it was easier for me to let go. I was falling hard and Chanyeol was there to catch me, to prevent me from falling further. I said he was always there for me when I needed, and he truly proved me right. He had shown up when I needed him most, and I was so grateful.

Cautiously, I took slow steps towards my parent's room. I stopped in front of the closed door, taking in deep breaths. I haven't been in this room since about a year ago, when my mom and I decided to spend the night together before I left for Korea. I knew what pain entering this room would bring. But it had to be done. If anything, it was a way for me to remember all the great times we had.

Slowly, my hand reached for the door knob and I turned it.

As soon as the door opened, a wave of my mother's scent filled my senses and I immediately felt the stinging on the bridge of my nose.

Come on Soojin, you can do this. You can't be losing it already.

I continued my way towards my mother's small walk-in closet and proceeded to open that door, meeting another wave of her scent.

The walk-in closet was fairly small, but it looked really big. My mother was never too big of a fan of fancy clothes. She preferred being comfortable over looking good - it was where I got my wardrobe qualities from. My mom never liked expensive things, althought she always tried to get the best things for Kwonho and me.

My hand skimmed over the few items she had hung up on the racks of the closet. She had organized her closet by season and then my color - just like I had with my closet. I let out a slow breath and looked around the closet, trying to see where to start first. A large scrapbook caught my eye on the floor. My heart slowly started to break, as if someone grasped both ends of it and slowly tearing it apart. I bent over to grab the big book from underneath and opened it.

It was the scrapbook my mother has been working on ever since I was born. The pages were filled with all of her memories - all of our memories. There were wedding pictures of her and my dad, pictures of her holding me in the hospital, pictures of when I was just a baby, pictures of Kwonho in the hopsital, pictures of my childhood. Of course, my dad had stopped appearing in these pictures after a certain page. I continued to turn the pages of the scrapbook, as tears slowly streamed down my face.

My birthday party, Kwonho's first day of school, when we went on our first vacation some beach, my piano recitals, Kwonho's basketball games. It was all there. I hadn't realized how up to date it was as I turned to the later pages. There were pictures of our camping trip we went to last summer, a picture of our family at the New Year's get together. I turned the page again as my heart was torn further.

There were pictures of my last night in this house. There was a picture of mom and Kwonho at the airport before they left for Korea. A picture of my mom and dad appeared for the first time after numerous pages, they looked happy and in love. There were pictures of the family being reunited all through her visit over winter break. When had she taken these pictures? Where did she have the time to do this?

The tears continued to fall. It just hurt so bad. My mom had loved her family more than any of us were willing to show. It must have been so hard for her, having to deal with cancer and not letting any of her children know. Who knew when she was in pain and tried to hide it from us? Who knew how much she struggled with daily activities? And she said that I was the strong one...no one is as strong as my mother.

I closed the scrapbook and took it with me to my room. I'll continue with her closet another day, there was only so much I was able to take in one day...

*****

Chanyeol's POV

It had turned into night quicker than I thought. Kwonho and I spent the entire day at the park, talking about a lot of random stuff and catching up.

"We should probably head back man," I suggested, dribbling the basketball in place. "The ladies of your house are going to get worried."

"No way," Kwonho sulked. "They know I'm with you, they'll be fine."

"Come on, let's go," I laughed. "Aren't you tired?"

"With basketball?" Kwonho raised his eyebrow. "Never!"

"Yeah, your sister is pretty good too," I reminisced when Soojin and I played basketball together. She definitely was a worthy opponent.

Kwonho nodded with a smile. "She taught me how to play when I was a kid."

I smiled, picturing little Soojin teaching little Kwonho how to play basketball at this very court. It was a warm thought, probably when things were a lot easier for her and her family. "Let's go man, I'm hungry."

*****

"Oh, good, you two are home. I was just about to call you aksing where you were," Jina noona said as we walked through the back door. "You missed dinner."

"Told you," I nudged Kwonho lightly. "That's alright, we got some pizza on the way home. We were just having some man time, playing some ball."

Jina faked amusement and smiled. "Uh-huh, I'm sure. Anyways, as for sleeping arrangements while you're here, we can do one of two things."

I passed the ball to Kwonho, who took it and went to his room. I took a seat on the island in the kitchen, intrigued to hear the options for sleeping arrangments. Of course, I only had one person and one room in mind.

"There's 4 rooms in this house, Mr. Lee's, Kwonho's and Soojin's, the fourth obviously being the guest room. So I'll give you the choice. Either you can use the guest room and I can sleep with Soojin in her room, or I use the guest room and you can sleep with Kwonho in his room."

I pondered for at this for second. Neither was what I had in mind, but I wasn't going to tell her that. "You can take the guest room, I'll sleep in Kwonho's room."

"You sure?" Jina asked. "I don't know if you two are going to have enough room on his bed now that I think about it..."

"It's fine, I can sleep on the floor or something if I need to," I told her.

Jina told me to tell her if it gets uncomfortable so that we can switch, but it really wasn't a big deal. I hopped off the stool and made my way upstairs to look for Soojin. It was a long day for me, especially being jetlagged. It was only a little after 8pm and I was beat. I was ready to go to sleep, but I wasn't going to do that until I checked on Soojin.

I lightly knocked on her door and opened it without waiting for a reponse.

"Um, hello?!" she exclaimed. "What if I was changing or something?!"

"That's fine with me," I joked, plopping myself on her bed. She was sitting at her desk on the computer.

"Oh my gosh, is that Chanyeol oppa?" her screen shouted. I sat up and looked over Soojin's shoulder to see Shinji on her computer screen. "Oh my gosh, it is! Hi oppa!" she waved frantically.

"Hi Shinji," I laughed as I got up to stand over Soojin's shoulder. "How's everything back at home? Are the boys making any trouble?"

"The boys are being the boys," Shinji smiled. "You haven't called them yet?"

I shook my head. "Not yet,"

"Ooh, let's all video chat then! I'll call them to get online!" Shinji suggested excitedly.

Soojin looked as if to ask it was okay. I gave her a little shrug and nodded my head. It would be nice to have all of us together again, even if it was just over the computer. Shinji was already frantically texting everyone to get online anyway.

"So what were you ladies talking about before I got here?" I asked curiously, not really caring what they were talking about. I never cared about what girls talked about, but it seemed like a good filler before my boys joined in on the conversation.

"She was telling me how she finally turned into a big cry baby when you got there!" Shinji laughed.

"Oh my gosh, seriously Shinji?!" Soojin exclaimed horrified.

I laughed. Didn't expect that kind of response. "Yeah, did she tell you we slept together too?" I said. Shinji elbowed my gut as hard she could.

"WHATTT?!?!" Shinji screamed, jaw hitting the floor. "YOU TWO SLEPT TOGETHER?!"

Soojin waved her hands frantically and shook her head. "No, no, no! It's not like that!" she quickly defneded herself. "I fell asleep! Just me, not him!"

Shinji giggled. "You two are moving fast."

"Please. Shut. Up." Soojin's face turned bright pink once more. I should have gotten used to it since I've been seeing a lot of her blushing lately, but I don't think I ever will.

Soon all five boys came online and we went right into a full blown conversation about nothing. They boys updated us on what they've been up to and what we all have planned for the upcoming months. Not once did anyone bring up the fact that Soojin and I were in the States and everyone else was in Korea. I appreciated it. It was like they all knew it wasn't the right time to talk about, especially because Soojin and I still aren't really sure what to make of it. They knew that everything looked okay on our end and was happy with it for now.

"So when are you two coming back?" Baek sulked. "It feels so empty around here without you two."

The boys knew I had five days, but what about Soojin? I looked over at her, waiting for her to answer first.

"I'm not sure," Soojin bit her lip. "There's still some stuff I have to take care of here,"

"You guys already know when I'll be back," I told them. I hoped that Soojin and I would be heading back together. A part of me kind of worried if she was going to go back at all.

"Well hurry home! There are things we gotta do, school to attend, food to eat, places to go," Suho joked.

"No worries, I'll make sure she comes back with me," I told them. Soojin bit her lip again and looked down to fidget with her fingers. Hm..

"I thought that was the plan," Sehun laughed. "It can't be any other way or Chanyeol hyung is going to be emo until you come back to Korea"

"Dude, really?" I said flatly. I shook my head. Maknae Sehun was really going to throw me under the bus like that. Everyone laughed, even Soojin.

"Hyung is going to kill you when he comes back," Kai laughed.

"Uh, you can take your time hyung," Sehun smiled.

For the next couple of hours, we continued to talk about nothing. I've only been gone for two days and I already missed my life back at home. I would have gone back right then, except I needed a very big part of my life to be with me too.

"Alright, we gotta go to school," D.O announced, checking the time. "We're already super late,"

"Oh crap," I looked at my watch. "I forgot we're in different time zones."

"Go, go!" Soojin hurried. "We can talk again later!"

"See you soon, Soojin," Suho greeted.

"Take care of hyung while you two are there," Kai said.

"Don't do anything stupid, you two," Baek said with a wink.

I shook my head again. The teasing is never going to stop until these boys find girls of their own. Soon, it was just Soojin and I in her room, as everyone logged off and went to start their day while ours was just ending.

*****

Soojin's POV

After everyone logged off, Chanyeol got up from his chair and went back to lying down on my bed.

"Really?" I said, shutting off my computer. "Don't you have your own room to sleep in?"

"Just one minute," he said with his eyes closed. I walked over to the edge of the bed with my hands crossed over my chest.

"Come on, get up," I told him seriously. It might just have been me, but it felt like he was trying to sleep here. I rather he didn't, but if he did, I was going to sleep elsewhere.

His eyes remained closed, hands behind his head.

"Are you seriously not going to get up? I gotta sleep too," I told him.

Chanyeol continued to lay there with his eyes shut, ignoring me. I let out a breath of frustration when suddenly he reached out, grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him on the bed. It all happened so fast, it took me a while to process what happened. I was centimenters away from his face, my body sprawled on top of his. His right hand gripping my wrist, his other wrapped around my waist.

"What the hell Park Chanyeol!" I exclaimed. I tried to struggle off him, but he held on too tightly and I couldn't move.

"Just stay still will you?" he said, eyes still closed. "You moving around like that on top of me isn't making this situation any better."

My body sudenly froze and the heat spiked in my cheeks. Oh. My. Gosh. He chuckled once he noticed how quickly I stopped moving. I was even holding my breath, scared as hell for what might happen next.

For a few seconds, we were just like that. Me lying on top of him, his hands gripping onto my body with eyes closed. My face was centimeters away from his and I involuntarily just stared at his. I've never been this close to him before, not like this anyways. With his eyes closed, I was able to freely stare at him and take in every feature of his face. My heart began to warm and my blush got deeper. Boy, he sure was good-looking.

Out of no where, he turned to his side, bringing me along to lay beside him.

"Um, we are not sleeping like this," I told him. Anyone could just walk in. Oh my gosh, if my dad walked in, he's going to KILL ME. And maybe even lock away Chanyeol until he goes back home.

"Just a minute," Chanyeol said sleepily. He must have been really tired. After traveling for hours and staying up all day to fix his body clock, I would expect him to be exhausted.

"Chanyeol," I said softly. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if we slept on the same bed together...on purpose this time. Both times I fell asleep with him by my side, I haven't woken up more comfortable. But all the wrong people were in this house. "You gotta sleep in your guest room. My dad is going to shoot you if he sees us like this."

He chuckled lightly, getting closer to falling asleep. "You ." he said, and slowly sat up. His hair was messy and his eye drooped sleepily. "Next time then." He slowly crawled off my bed and dragged his feet to my door.

I was a little disappointed. That's it? No good night? No inappropriate joke? Nothing?

As if he heard my thoughts, he turned around and walked back towards me. He stopped at the edge of my bed, cupped my neck with one hand, leaned over and kissed my forehead. My eyes widened in surprise.

"Good night Soojin," he said softly. "And get your lips ready for tomorrow, because I will kiss you before the day is over."

With that, he turned back around and walked out of my room. I sat there frozen for what seemed like forever, unable to believe what happened.

Get your lips ready for tomorrow.

Oh. My. Gosh.

 


 

A/N:

MY LOVELY READERS <3
how it feels good to be reunited with you every time i update hehe
i hope you like this one~

ALSO, first chapter of
Safeguard is up!
please check it out. support it like you support this story!
i'm working really hard on it, so i hope you enjoy it!

keep the final few comments on this fanfic!
i love to hear feedback and anything you have to say!
i'm beginnign to compile my favorite comments for the closing of this fanfic (AH SO SAD)

i love you all <3

subscribe, comment, upvote. i'll love you forever <3

well isn't EXO fancy with the mirrors hehe
tumblr_n3x07s42g91s4se20o1_500.gif
i like minseok's hair color, it looks better on him than i thought
but i serously can't stand luhan's samauri hair..please...don't..LOL

tumblr_n3wvhdDZJ81sm21zno6_r1_400.gif

much love, thatxmusic