Picnic

Love Hate

We boarded the school bus to the beach. D.O. sat beside Jihye and I sat beside Tao. Kris sat beside crystal. Apparently, they already knew each other before and was dating. 
Tao and I were good friends now. I was happy to be friends with him. He was the funniest guy i have ever met.

"Why did you transfer schools?", Tao asked me.

"Errr...I had some reasons", I replied, shrugging the question off since Kris was at seat next to ours.

"Is something going on between D.O. and you?"

"We are best friends and neighbours. Thats all. He helped me a lot when my parents passed away when I was in middle school."

"Sorry to hear that"

Knowing what a sensitive issue this was, Tao lightened the mood by asking

"Soooo...do you find anyone attractive in our class?"

"Hahahaha yes. Its you!"

We laughed and talked all the way till the bus reached its destination.

 

Kris POV

I overheard Tao's and Sae Hee's conversation in the bus. I was shocked to hear that Sae Hee's parents have passed away when she was middle school. Which was when I offended her parents. I smacked myself mentally. I am so so sorry Sae Hee.

Once we reached the beach, the teacher asked the boys to pick a paper from the box she was holding. The box had names of our female classmates and we will be partnered with them. I drew out a paper and the name was..... Park Sae Hee.

Asa!! My chance. I am going to prove to her that I am nice. Hopefully she will forgive me.

I walked over to Sae Hee and smiled, waving the paper with her name on it. She immediately looked disappointed and annoyed. Seeing her reaction, it hurt me but i maintained my smile.

"Aish. Sae Hee I wanted to be paired with you", Tao pouted and gave a face. I can't help but smile at him. Tao ended up pairing with Krystal and D.O. was paired with Jihye. That latter pair seemed contented.

Why does she always smile at Tao but not at me?

We played running man. We had to solve all sorts of missions as quickly as possible and reach the other end of the beach. Sae Hee and I went through a few missions. I was smart so i solved the missions easily and quickly. Sae Hee did not talk to me but helped me solve the missions quietly. We went past many missions and finished in second place. Next was beach volleyball. It was a four vs four match. Tao, D.O., Jihye and Saehee were teamed and Crystal, Yoona, Luhan and I were teamed. We were playing against each other. Wow. SaeHee is good at volleyball. I was always passed on my ball to her. However, I passed the ball too hard and unfortunately it knocked Sae Hee down. Sae Hee fell over on her knees, which scrapped on the rock. I rushed over quickly but D.O. was already helping her out. Her right knee was bleeding badly and she was in pain.

"Oh my god Sae Hee I am sorry. It was an accident. Are you okay!" I said and offered to help Sae Hee. But D.O. brushed me off angrily and helped Sae Hee up. Bringing her to the teacher.

Oh no what have I done?

In the bus Sae Hee was quiet and Tao was cheering her up. 

 

SAE HEE POV

As we went through each station, Kris was patient and nice to me. Did he really change? But i wasn't ready to forgive him yet just by this. Maybe he is acting so that I will not tell others about his past. Yes. That must be it.

We were playing volleyball and Kris kept passing the ball to me. Why is he doing that? Right when I was thinking that, the ball flew hard at me and I injured my knees. Pffft. Right when I thought he was being nice he knocked me over.

In the bus Tao cheered me up and I felt better. 'Tao is a nice guy', I thought and smiled.