the beginning

Love Hate

Lessons started and it was tedious. Listening to the teacher talking on and on made everyone restless and sleepy. Then my phone vibrated loudly which made me jump in my seat. The others around me laughed at me. Embarrassed, I looked down and took out my phone. We were not allowed to use handphone in class but its hard not to take a peek at it from time to time. I received a message and it was from Yoogeun's teacher. I was near to tears when I saw the message.

I ran out of class and out of school as fast as I can. As fast as my legs can carry me, I ran and went into the centre. They said that some strange man came and brought Yoogeun away. Strange man? Who could that be? Oh my god what will happen to him? Where will he be? I couldn't think right. I was so flustered and scared. I ran around the place searching for him. It began to rain, just like how my tears couldn't stop flowing. I received a call from Kris which I hastily picked up.

"Where are you?"

"Yoogeun...missing....help me", I said with a shaky voice.

I ran and ran all over the place but just couldn't find him. Within minutes, Kris came to me drenched.

"Kris I can't find him! What do I do? What do I do? They said a strange man came and took him...Is he kidnapped? Oh no that can't be right. Why would he be kidnapped? Then who is he? What if I can't find him?", I said panickly and paced.

"Relax. Relax. We will find him. Don't worry. Lets go", Kris said and took my hand. We ran around searching for him. And suddenly I got a call and I picked it up. The voice on the other end said,

"It is fun to see you suffer. Don't worry, the boy is safe here. He is at a playground. This is just the beginning."

"Hello? Hello? Who are you?", I asked but the person had already cut the line.

We ran to the playground and saw him there. I heaved a sigh of relief and hugged Yoogeun tightly.

"Who brought you here?", I asked.

"Some man said that you called me there. Then he gave me bread and asked me to play. Then he left."
_________________

Once we got home, my aunt was really nervous. She kept asking about the man and what he said.

"He said that 'this is the beginning'. What does that mean?", I asked.

"He had a scar on his left forehead and quite tall", Yoogeun said.

"Oh my god", my aunt said in panic. She quickly called the police.

When I asked who that man was, she just kept quiet. But I was glad to have Yoogeun back. I was so scared that I have lost him. Then the door bell rang.

It was Jihye, D.O., and Tao. Kris was not happy to see Tao there. We explained what happened to them.

"Wow thats kinda creepy...", Jihye said.

"Any idea who Mr Creeps is?", Tao asked.

"Haha Mr Creeps? Somehow my aunt knows but she won't tell me",I said.

"Actually, I know", D.O. said

We all turned and stared at him in confusion.

"That Mr Creeps guy. He was sent to jail but now he is out to get you", D.O. said.

"But why?", I asked.

"I don't know. But your aunt told me not to tell you. Once he was released from jail, he went to find your house and burn it down. Thats why your aunt made you shift houses immediately", D.O. said.

"What really? But why would me? I don't even know Mr Creeps. How did you know all about this?", I asked in disbelief.

"I overheard the police and your aunt talking. Then your aunt caught me eavesdropping. She told me not to tell you", D.O. said.

"Oh"

That was all I could say. It was all hard to believe. But why did aunt not want to tell me?
________________________

After chatting, the rest went to get some snacks. Tao and I was left in the room.

"Sae Hee ah, I want to tell you something. I know now is a bad timing but I don't want to delay it anymore", Tao said.

"What is it?"

"Ehmmm....I like you. Do you wanna go out with me?"