New home

Love Hate

I ran all the way home with D.O. and Yoogeun.

The police and fireman was outside the house. My aunt was not there yet. The police told me that they are currently investigating the source of fire so we were not allowed into the house yet. He also said that the first level was badly burned. Luckily, my room and my aunt's room were not that affected since its in the second floor.

Phew. Thats a relief. But where can we move now? We don't have enough money to rent an apartment.

My aunt arrived. She was in deep discussion with the police officers. It was strange to see her so panicked and shocked. She kept questioning the police officers if someone had set the fire.

D.O.'s mother allowed us to stay at her house until the situation had solved. I left for my work. (On weekends, Sae Hee worked as a cashier at a clothes store from 5pm to 10 pm)

-----

After work, I was so exhausted. I got a call from my aunt saying that we will be staying at her friends house from now on. She gave me the address to the house and told me to go there right after work. She had already moved all our belongings there. It was strange that she wanted to move immediately but I didn't want to ask her why.

I took a bus to the house. It was a ten minute walk from the bus stop to that house, so I stopped for a drink. I saw that there was a park so I decided to explore. The park had many people even though it was at night. I sat down on the park bench and drank my coke.

"Oh Sae Hee. What are you doing here?"

Kris asked and was walking towards me

Aish what luck. Why do I have to see him everywhere.I hated him just by looking at him.

"Its none of your business. Leave me alone", I told him coldly and left the park as soon as I can. Luckily, Kris did not follow me.

-------

The house was big and well furnished. My aunt's friend introduced herself as Mrs Wu and brought me to my room. I was happy with my room. It was spacious and had everything I need. There was even a balcony in the room. I thanked Mrs Wu and immediately threw my tired body onto the bed. It was so bouncy and comfortable. I soon fell asleep on the soft bed.

The next day, I unpacked my bags and arranged my room. Then I washed up and went down for breakfast. Mrs and Mr Wu were already in the kitchen with my aunt and brother.

"Good morning Sae Hee. I heard that you are a very hardworking and responsible girl. We are pleased to have you here as a family", Mr Wu said.

I was grateful for their warmness. I sat down and ate breakfast with them. Mrs Wu said that we can all be family and there was no need for us to look for an apartment as she owes my aunt a lot. So she is repaying the debt to my aunt by allowing us to stay.

"Good morning mum, dad",I heard a male voice say while dragging his feet into the kitchen.

I turned to the voice and saw.......Kris.