CREATING & RECORDING

Terms & Conditions

CHAPTER 12- Creating & Recording
 

The car ride to the TS building was pretty awkward to ay the least. Jaehoon was straight out staring at Daehyun, trying to figure out what the hell it was that made him like Daehyun so much. Meanwhile, Daehyun was squirming and fiddling in his seat, feeling extrememly self conscious under his Jaehoon's intense stare. Himchan had noticed the whole exchange and, being the 'love expert' he claimed to be, began plotting a way to encourage the two to confess; he did, after all, enjoy playing matchmaker.

The maknae line was confused as hell- they could sense the tension but had no idea what had caused it. Thus, the two decided to distract themselves by letting themselves be absorbed in the world's most annoying app: Flappy Bird. And when that game got boring the switched to something else, currently that happened to be Splashy Fish (Not similar at all...)

The leader of the band, Yongguk, had figured out the cause of the tense atmosphere was due to something between Jaehoon and Daehyun. Yet he couldn't tell what actually happened. He would ask Himchan later, he decided, who continiously throwing knowing looks at the pair. 'He must know what going on.'


 

As soon as the black SUV pulled up at the building, the boys hurriedly stumbled out to escape the tension.

"Jaehoon-ah, come here for a second." Yongguk ordered from a few metres ahead. Jaehoon smiled at Daehyun, who's cheeks pinked at the sight, and strutted after Yongguk. The exchange didn't go unnoticed by any of the boys. Himchan slowed took the oppurtunity to casually make his way next to Daehyun.
"So... Jaehoon, huh?" He hinted. Daehyun grunted and pulled up his mask, making Himchan smirk knowingly.
"What about him?" He mumbled. Himchan had hoped for Daehyun to just admit his crush already but it didn't seem like that would happen any time soon. The two reached the enterance to the TS building and followed after the rest of the boys.


"You like him."


Daehyun stumbled and nearly tripped over air at Himchan's statement. 'How did he know? Was I too obvious? Did I say something in my sleep? Did he tell Jaehoon?' Thousands of questions rose in his head. Himchan chuckled and pulled Daehyun's arm into the recording studio which the others had entered.
"N-no I don't." Daehyun had wanted to sound confident..yeah, he failed.
"Look, I'm just trying to help you and Jaehoon make some progress here, because let's face it: You guys are a couple of cowards." Himchan said strictly. Daehyun's face heated up at his bluntness.
"But I don't-"
"And you being in denial is not helping, at all." He interrupted. "The first step into making progress is to accept your feelings. Admit that you like Jaehoon. I'm not gonna tell anyone so just hurry and admit it."

Daehyun gulped and his lips nervously.
"Well, go on then." Himchan urged.

"..."

"I...I like.. J-Jaehoon." Himchan was right- Daehyun felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders and his fogged mind had cleared slightly. "I like Jaehoon. A lot." He stated with a distinct blush but more confidently this time. Himchan grinned madly at his achievement.

'And so it begins.'


At the same time, Yongguk was giving Jaehoon a mini tour of the recording studio: what all the buttons did and how everything worked. He'd even created a base, a main beat, for Jaehoon to develop into a full song within the week.

Yongguk's phone ringed and he pulled it out of his pocket.
"Yeoboseyo? Ok.. Where?....ah...Deh...I'll be there in five." he hung up and turned to Jaehoon. "Mianhae Jaehoon-ah but I really have to go. Manager hyung needs to dicuss something with me, he says it's important. Tell the others for me ok? Maybe ask Himchan to help you with the rest of the song."
"Ok sure. Good luck..." The two had gotten a lot more comfortable with each other in the past 15 minutes, yet Jeahoon was still a bit awkward.

Yongguk offered a gummy smile and a quick wave before he was off. Seconds later Himchan poked his head around the corner and glanced around the room.
"Where did Yongguk hyung go?" he asked.
"He had to meet with the manager." Jaehyun explained.
"Oh ok." Himchan shifted his gaze to the monitor screen which was connected to the sound mixer. "Watcha doing there?" Jaehoon followed his gaze,
"I'm supposed to be making a song.. help?" Jaehoon cluelessly requested. Himchan took a step forwards then realised this was a huge oppurtunity for some DaeJae action (yes, he'd even created a ship name. He was that fond of the soon-to-be couple.) Himchan held back a grin as an idea formulated in his head.
"I have some errands to run actually. How about you get Daehyun to help you instead? I'm sure he'd be more than willing to." He gestured his head in Daehyun's direction who could be seen slyly stealing glances at Jaehoon and giving Himchan his fair share of what-the-hell-are-you-doing? looks.

"Ok." within a blink of an eye Himchan had managed to drag Daehyun towards to them and pushed the younger onto Jaehoon, while yelling a quick goodbye. "I'm off. Have fun! But not too much." He winked at them and in return the two turned to each other and whereas Daehyun was blushing madly, Jaehoon was too busy laughing his head off to notice. "No guarentees!" He said between laughs, and Daehyun's shocked expression wasn't helping him either.

About 15 minutes later, all had calmed down and the two had mildly advanced on creating their song. However, Jaehoon seemed to be in a good mood, perhaps because he was alone with Daehyun, and decided to make an improv on what they had created so far. He pressed the play button and bobbed his head to the beat.
"Uh, yeah, Jaehoon and Daehyun we're riding on the beat, on the street where the cars go vrooom I can hear it from the recording room. Except it's more of a studio, rodeo, don't give me bull. This is improv, tell me if you can do better, rappin' words rappin' letters. Rappin' ABC counting one, two, three. Daehyun singing Do Re Mi." Jaehoon rapped. It was pretty ridiculous but seemingly good enough for Daehyun to have pulled out his long forgotten handcamera (which he'd been given by the camera crew the previous day) and film the whole performance.

Jaehoon was oblivious to the fact but as soon as he noticed he froze, then stopped the music. "Were you filming this whole time?" Daehyun ignored him and flipped the camera to himself. "Today, Jaehoon-ah has displayed his hidden rapping skills. Aren't they great?" He asked the camera.
"Yah!" Jaehoon let out a war cry then tackled Daehyun to the ground.
"Ugh...ouch.."
"Gimme the camera!" Jaehoon ordered.
"Why?"
"Just give it! Don't question the Jae." He answered with an over-dramatic hairflick.
"No." Daehyun answered back. He chuckled, his eyes playful.
"You asked for it!" Jaehoon made a grab for the camera but Daehyun managed to pull away just in time.
"Mehrong~" Daehyun stuck out his tongue and winked causing Jaehyun to pout.


 

A/N: Ok guys I made this chapter extra long 'cus I didn't update for such a long time but I had a good reason!

I had to re-organise the whole story because I need DaeJae to get together by chapter 15 so I had to cut out a whole segment so I can fit everyhting in 3 chapters. Next two chapters might also be quite long and perhaps take a bit longer to update because of that.
I take forever to update because I want my writing to be the best it could be so...yh

If you want more frequent updates subscribe and comment and upvote!!!