Get out

Coup d'etat

The email that the main manager sent him said that it had to be a decission made by the whole of Exo, theyll ask everyone, if the decission was unanimes they will follow suit and see what new strategy they would take.

This simple yet devastating message was the one Joonmyun had to deliver to the soon to be leader and the rest of K. So he walked to Chanyeols room to tell him. Since he saw the door a little open he didnt bother knocking (why?! oh! why?!). As soon as he made his voice heard Baekhyun flew out of Chanyeols lap and landed in the fluffly bed they were sitting in. Everybodies eyes wided. He delivered the words and left. He had to call Yifan again.

__________________

Yifan had been of great help. He once caught Suho staring at Baekhyuns back as if he was a fangirl and but he couldnt hide it, so Yifan knew. Ever since he had become the sole guardian of his biggest secret.

Some minutes after he called, Kris was already sitting on Joonmyuns bed listening and watching his friend walk back and forth on the room while tears were streaming down his cheeks. He stood up to stop the other from freaking out. Joonmuyns back facing the door and Yifan in front trying to figure out what to do. Should he hug him? He wasnt good at this things, but he was trying. So he reached a hand on his friends shoulder,  the other just cried more with his head hanging low, so he putted his other hand on the Suhos arm.

They were at the distance of the length of Yifans arms, not close, but if you look from behind Suho, it looked like they were hugging, thats what Kyungsoo saw when he entered the room unanounced.

"Hy...Im sorry...", he was about to turn and leave, both leaders frozen. "Wait a second...", Joonmyun turned violently at the sound of D.Os tone. "Are you two...?"

"Wha? Nn...no!", Suho said but it really sounded like lie and Yifan was at lost for words.

"NO, really Kyung...". Ms leader started to say but...

"Omg, why hide it??!!", he smiled, "Baekhyun hyung!!!!!", he finally turned around to get his friend.

"What are we gonna do?", Suho was panicking.

"Nothing? Tell the truth? Geez Joounmyun we are not dating", he shrugged.

"Omg!! is it rue??!" Baekhyun entered the room and hugged Suho really tight, this was crazy.

"No, Baek...", Kris said as he was hugged too.

"No need to deny", he smiled at them.

"But really...", he tried again.

"Oh my God...I feel so...", he Baekhyun started. "Its just...hahaha. Here I was fearing that you liked me while you were hahahaha", he said to Suho, who almost burst into tears there and then, if it wasnt for...

"...while he was with me", Kris suddenly said putting a protective arm around Joonmyun, who was surprised and thakfull at the same time cause he could hide on Yifans chest and dry his tears. He then turned around and smiled at the two boys in front of him.

They giggled and chuckled and left.

"Wtf?!", Yifan said.

"He knew...all the time...he knew", Suho panicked again.

"Breath", he shook him a little.

"I feel like a fool. No, I ve been a fool. Oh My God!!"

"Dont freak...stop freaking out", he made a face at Kris, a pout and more tears were coming. "No, dont cry. Stop. Kim Joonmyun, stop". He stoped. "Im sorry for shaking you, you are making me nervous. Also sorry for that...thing. Is just that Baekhyun can be an sometimes and he was... anyway tomorrow we tell them it was a joke..."

"Can...can we not?"

"Ah?"

"I mean...I dont want him to pity me...Can we...pretend, I dont know, for a week or something?". Joonmyun looks like he is about to died of sadness so Yifan sais yes.

"I just...want to have an excuse to not be here, hyung"

"Its ok, dont worry"

"Are you gonna ask them to support Chanyeol?"

"Yes, Ill do that. I dont know if they will, Luhan and Minseok wont like this...but yeah he will have the majority of the votes...stop worring"

________________________

"What?!", Luhan couldnt believe it.

"Yeah"

"And you agreed to this?", Minseok asked.

"Yes, its what Joonmyun wanted"

"And what is the reason for this?", Luhan was pissed.

"They think he is not doing well as team leader, they told him he is hurting the band"

"The nerve...", Minseok whisppered angry.

"They have been complainting for a long time now", Jongdae added.

"Really?", Yixing asked his friend nodded.

"Why you never told me?", Yifan said.

"I didnt know I had to, I mean, it was just friends talk with Baek and Kyung...I never thought they would do something like this..."

"Poor Junmahao", Tao said in a very emotional tone.

"Dont worry, he will be fine", Yifan said as with an arm around Taos shoulder with out noticing the attentive look that Chen was giving them. "He will need a lot of our support. So do this, give your vote and support him...and Chanyeol whenever you are ready".

To say that the meeting was awkward was an understatment. Luhan was so angry at Sehun and Jongin that he was burning them with his look. How they, specially, Sehun, did not tell him about this. He couldve talk to Joonmyun then, help him, something. But no, they gang up and do this? Those brats. Minseok was particulary dissapointed on Kyungsoo, he was the one he talked the most to and never voiced any consern towards his leader. This was a really big lack of respect and he couldnt tolarate it, he was angry.

So all of them sat in the living room of Ks dorm, Joonmyun by Yifans side, Baekhyun couldnt help a smirk. Tao sat at the other side of the former leader and lean a little, as if saying "I feel you bro".

_____________________

So it went on, the managers asked the reasons, that was the ugly part. "Whenever we have a schedule he messes up instead of putting order, we usually are on point". "His orders dont make any sense sometimes". "We get confused and upset". "You cant really tell him that he is wrong". It was painfull for Joonmyun, the sadest thing was that his bandmates werent using an insulting tone of voice, they didnt want to make it hard, it was the certenty in their voices. They were so sure of what they were saying. Had he really been that bad of a leader? Taozi never stoped hugging him, it made him feel good, he was thankfull. He remembered one time that he asked Minseok why he accepted to be in M, he said that , beside the fact that they had Luhan, it felt like a family, maybe he was right. Before it ended people rised their hands and voilá he wasnt the leader anymore.

The managers went to talk to Chanyeol and he left with M to their dorm. He didnt want to listen to apologise nor he wanted to think badly of his (ex) friends if they didnt apologized, he had to leave for a moment. Of course before leaving he told Chanyeol.

As soon as the door of the dorm closed he broke in tears and Tao was the first to hug him then Jongdae. Minseok and Luhans anger was increasing. 

"Look, we have your back. You can stay here for as long as you want. Right?", Luhan asked Kris who nodded.

"Thank you, but I know Ill have to face them eventually, I dont want to drag this. Its already done"

"To be honest, what they said about you, I dont think they were right. In fact I just think that they want to do as they pleased", Yixing spoke.

"You are to kind", Suho said while sobbing.

_______________________

The plan was to not let the fans know that they changed leaders, Chanyeols presence was already big so he was gonna continue to be that much present, talking for Exo as he already does, the only change is that he was gonna be in charge at home as well, and would be working with Kris and the managers. He was gonna be responsable for the teams ups and downs, to call them to practice, to be sure that they were fine. So now that he had what he always really wanted, whats he gonna do?