Your heart is empty empty empty

Coup d'etat

As soon as he opened his eyes, the morning looked like any other...but then he remembered. Joonmuyn looked at his clock: 5.30 am. He sighed. He got up and kept his routine like always, he heard that having a routine sometimes helped to keep ypur sanity intact, in this case he needed his sanity.

He changed and started walking to the rooms of the other boys and woke them up until the last one, the one with whom he shared a room, Sehun. Then he went to prepare breakfast and heard walking around the dorm. Soon Kyungsoo was by his side helping him. They sat at the table like every morning, like a ing family. Pff. Now everything felt so fake. He doesnt want to adress this issue at this time in the morning but it seems that this is more urgent to his band mates than to himself.

"So...lasta night I send an email to all the managers to discuss this...and we are gonna meet today. I take it they will wan to talk to you all...I hope thats ok with you".

"Of course. It was our request after all", Baekhyun answers.

"Right", Joonmyun points out and keeps eating.

The breakfast is silent and awkward. But when Joonmyun is about to leave the table Kyungsoo spoke. "Hyung...this isnt against you...we just think this is better for the band".

"Yyes I undesrtand Kyungsoo. Dont worry", he offered a halfhearted smile and left to his room. In a moment he will see Yifan, he needs to tell him this.

__________

The thing with Exo K is the band is a collection of big...personalities (egos), wich is good for the public, good, strong stage presences, things like that. But the thing is with such personalities everyone already has their own opinions on the job, on their talent. An idea of where they want to go with the group so sometimes the nagging of good old hyung Suho is not what they need. To tell the truth, more often than not they out of control. Maybe after the first half of debut it all started, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol use to collide a lot and then Baekhyun would intervine. Then there was Kai who marched to his own drum most of the time, even now. Sehun kept to himself because he was the youngest but he was stubborn and also would fight with Kai a lot.

He doesnt know how, but in the last months they all seemed to have start to think that this issues were at Joonmyuns fault or at his lack of leadership. When they lashed at him he would let them because he rather that than them fighting with each other, he thought they needed to blow some steem. But last night something broke, something happend in their heads (and hearts?), they all ganged up on him, it was awfull, Suho had berkky time to deffend himself and then HE spoke. "If you cant even answer Sehun than you shouldnt be the leader of anything". They went silent and then Chanyeol said. "Yeah, I think its time for you to step down as leader", he sounded firmed. "This things are destroying us". At least he didnt say you are destroying us. "He is right", Kyungsoo said. "Its true hyung, we cant go on like this anymore", Jongin stated. He answered an angry "If thats what you want so be it!!", and stormed out.

When they arrieved into the dorm, a little more calmed, they talk to him again to ask the same thing, to confirm that they didnt want hin as leader anymore, that they didnt recognized his authority. So he accepted, he steped down.

______________

Now, yes, he was sad, he always knew that either him or Minseok should be leaders, so this was a blow in the guts. But he was sad over something else. He was sader because it was HIM the first to rise his voice and ask him to leave. He never wanted to appeared weak in front of him. When he first met him, not long ago, he thought of HIM as his rival, because with that much talent HE was meant to be the lead singer. The practices passes and he was already falling for the boy with a voice as strong as his personality and his determination. How could he not? At first, HE respected him because he was older and had been a trainee for longer, so yeah. But then HE roomed with Chanyeol and changed. No, he is not saying that Chanyeol is a bad influence, its just that it seemed that Chanyeol was more his kind of person, more than he was. He felt secretly jealous, he tried to show with little things that he cared, he told HIM and the others that he just wanted to make HIM feel welcomed, but he was actually dying to pemper the boy and he did so everytime he could, every time Baekhyun, the boy, allow him to.All his hopes died down last night: Baekhyun thougt he was useless, so how could he be boyfriend material?. Just no.

When he was told that he was gonna be the leader his life was in the moon. After not being the lead singer, nor the lead dancer, nor the lead rapper, that was like a gift. What about now? What was he gonna be? The useless member, the one who nobody knows what is doing there, SM charity project. He didnt like to think about this, but he was the Xiumin of Exo K.