Krystal Jung

Eternal
Naeun eagerly got dressed that morning. She was going to meet Jessica's little sister Krystal in school that day. Hurriedly, Naeun ran out the door waving goodbye to her parents and Eunji. She turned left and stopped at Taemin's house. They agreed to walk to and from school together every day. Naeun, as a result, looked forward to these walks. 
 
~~~
 
As Naeun and Taemin reached the school, they saw Jessica and a pretty girl, strikingly similar to Jessica, chatting with Onew at the front of the school.
 
"Annyeong haseyo." Naeun greeted.
 
"Naeun! You're finally here! Meet my little sister, Krystal. Krys, meet Naeun, my best friend. She's only a few months younger than you. And,you're the same age as Taemin as well, who's standing  right next to her." Jessica pronounced.
 
"Annyeong Krystal! Jessica unnie has told me a lot about you." Naeun smiled.
 
"Hi, Naeun. Sica unnie has told me a lot about you, too." Krystal said, not really focusing on Naeun,but staring at Taemin.
 
"Hi,Krystal. I'm Lee Taemin. Nice to meet you. I hope we can become friends." Taemin winked at Krystal and smiled brightly.
 
Krystal giggled and said, "Ne. I hope we become great friends."
 
Naeun frowned and turned away from the group, focusing her mind on the material she learned in piano class instead.
 
Jessica quietly tiptoed to Naeun and whispered, "Naeun, how do you think Krys and Taemin look together?"
 
No, I like Taemin though. Don't you know that Unnie? Naeun thought. Pushing that thought behind, Naeun replied, "I think they look pretty good together."
 
"Naeun, don't tell this to Krystal or Taemin, but I'm setting the two of them up. Can you help me?" Jessica asked eagerly.
 
Naeun looked at the ground and widened her eyes. I guess I'll say yes. I mean, I don't want to confess to Taemin and he doesn't even like me. So why even stop him from being with a girl with all these excuses? Anyway, Krystal and Taemin seem to get along really well. Look at me and Taemin. We're so awkward together. Taemin would be happier with Krystal.
 
"Sure." Naeun answered reluctantly. 
 
~~~
 
"Students, we have a new student today. Please introduce yourself." Sooyoung said, smiling at Krystal. Krystal grinned and stood next to Sooyoung.
 
"Annyeong haseyo, my name is Krystal Jung. I came from the States and my sister Jessica is in this class right now." Krystal introduced. 
 
"Thank you, Krystal. Now, please take a seat next to Sun over there." Sooyoung pointed to Sun. 
 
Krystal frowned and said, "May I sit over here? I'll be able to concentrate more, sitting here." 
 
Sooyoung thought for a moment and slowly agreed to Krystal's suggestion. "Naeun, are you okay with this?." 
 
Naeun nodded, unable to speak for herself. What was happening? Krystal just replaced Naeun and now, separated her and Taemin. Naeun stood up and dragged herself, next to Sun and Kikwang. She closed her eyes and tried to think positively. 
 
Naeun-ah, don't be sad! At least, you'll still be walking home with Taemin. And, you are still sitting near him. And you promised Jessica you would help her set up Krystal and Taemin. 
 
As she was thinking, she went into a coughing fit. 
Kikwang immediately turned to her and asked worriedly, "Naeun-ssi, are you okay?" 
 
Naeun, turning red from coughing, nodded and began to pay attention to the class. 
 
~~~
 
After school, Naeun stood at the usual spot where she would meet Taemin and once in a while, Jessica, waiting for Taemin and Jessica. After 10 minutes, she saw Krystal walking with Taemin, her arm tightly wrapped around Taemin's arm. Naeun bit her lip at the sight and looked away. 
 
"Naeun, Annyeong." Taemin greeted, removing Krystal's arm from his. 
 
"Annyeong haseyo, Taemin. Ready to go?" Naeun asked. 
 
Taemin was about to respond, but Krystal interrupted Taemin. "Naeun-ssi, can me and Taemin walk together today?" 
 
"Sure." Naeun mumbled, but Krystal had already left with Taemin. Naeun sighed and sat down on the bench, looking opposite from Taemin. 
 
Taemin looked back, hoping that Naeun was looking back, but frowned when she wasn't. 
 
"So, Taemin, where do you live?" Krystal questioned casually.
 
"Uh, I live in 3rd street, House 6." Taemin replied uneasily. 
 
"Jinjja? I live in 3rd street, House 1. You should come over sometimes." 
 
"Ne. Thanks, but I'm usually busy. I like to compose musical pieces and listen to music." 
 
"I love to compose music and listen to it as we'll! Wow, we're so alike!" Krystal lied. 
 
Taemin instantly smiled when Krystal said she loved to compose music and listen to music. 
 
"What groups or singers do you like to listen to?" 
 
"Umm....." Krystal thought about names her sister had mentioned before. "I like S.E.A." 
 
"Do you mean S.E.S.?" Taemin corrected, disappointed that Krystal was probably lying. 
 
"Oh, right. I keep forgetting. I don't really pay attention to names." Taemin nodded, uninterested. 
 
"Bye, Krystal. See you tomorrow." Taemin waved. 
 
"Bye Taemin!" Krystal smiled widely and lingered for a few seconds in front of Taemin's house, hoping he would invite her inside. However, Taemin had already closed the door.
 
Author's Note: 
 
Annyeong haseyo for the last time this year!
Thank you to all of you who subscribed, commented, and read the story! You are amazing! I love you guys! <3
Please continue commenting and up voting! It would mean so much to me! 
If you have time, please visit my blog, where I have written a post titled "Goodbye 2013!" Please read it! Thank you and Happy New Year!!!!