A book of your choice

THE UNFORGETTABLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

       His fingers running through a shelf of books while his eyes gazing, looking for any potential book that he could bring home for Naeun. Taemin knew Naeun so well, wherever he went to, he would buy a present for her. Thank god, Naeun wasn't a picky person. She's a girl who enjoys reading. It was so easy for Taemin too, since Naeun knew English, he could find English book just everywhere around the world. However, he was at the same spot in the bookstore for 30 minutes, wondering which book she would love to read.

Kai tapped Taemin's back lightly, "Still looking?" 

"Uh-oh" 

"What took you so long?" 

"I don't know which..." His eyes fixed on the shelf while scratching his head.

"You should look for art book, I'm sure she will like it." Kai said confidently.

Taemin frowned but still he didn't look at Kai.

          So now you want to teach me? Like seriously, I'm her boyfriend? 

Kai smacked his lips lightly, he knew he slipped. He shouldn't have crossed the line as though he knew Naeun better.

Taemin remained collected despite he thought he was being Mr Know At All at that time. 

"You just pick any. I'm gonna go there". He walked away from the scene.

Taemin then, unconciously following Kai's advice. He picked a book titled Panorama by Gerghard Richter. Then, he got an idea to buy Naeun a novel. He asked the shopkeeper which book is the best selling on the shelf. The person suggested a book from Kazuo Ishiguro which is Never Let Me Go. He was been told that the novel also won an award and several noted achievements. Taemin who only has basic English tried to search about it on Naver cuz he hopes the book going to be something meaningful to Naeun. 

 

       .........................................................

 

White plain maxi, jasmine fragrance and a black cap; Naeun getting ready to meet Taemin after he got back from Japan. Deep down, she was still angry but she missed him alot. This babo girl definitely going to forgive him as soon as she sees his face.

        "Naeun, it's 1:55 now. What took you so long?" Hyunsoo looking tired as he rushed  after picking Eunji from her schedule, now he had to do a private task. 

        Naeun kept on asking Hayoung, "How do I look?"

        "You've been asking that for thousand times already. You look smoking hot,  how is my answer? Okay?"

        She smiled from ear to ear, "Of course...." 

        "You better get going sis. Send my regards to brother in law. Oh don't sleep there!"

        Naeun smirked without giving an answer, to be honest she wanted to spend the night outside.

 

The place she was going to was actually 20 minutes from her dorm. As soon as she arrived there, she would feel a burden lifted off her shoulders. It was very pleasing. Her heart jumping fast too as if she could die from excitement. Hyunsoo the manager dropped her at the parking lot. A figure of a man approaching Naeun carefully. He escorted her to a studio apartment. Naeun was really familiar with that place but she couldn't just go around on her own. They were always cautious of paparazzi presence, tho they shouldn't have because the media  knew about them since last year. Which also means their pictures already been taken when they were not aware of them being near. The man who was actually Taemin's personal manager opened the door for her, he who likes to smile rather than talking left the floor. 

 

        "OPPA!" She ran to him and hugged him from behind. Taemin who that time had just running on the threadmill was taken aback. Naeun the 'homesick'  girl couldn't bother about Taemin drenched in sweat. Meanwhile Taemin kept telling himself in his mind to ask Naeun about Kai today. He deemed an answer. 

        She loosened her grip, "Come on, you aren't happy seeing me?"

        Taemin turned his back to face her, "O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter