Two

0.1

 

After a few days...

 

 

Hyoyeon is somehow used to her life now but sometimes she would forgot that she’s rooming with someone, moreover a guy and will start to behave like how a girl shouldn’t be. Yawning and opening widely, spread her arms and leg widely such that her body forms a “big” word in Chinese (大). Even till now, her space in the room is still very messy, clothes everywhere on the floor, her study materials everywhere on her table, her wallets, cards, money everywhere on her bed.

Even after days had passed, Hyoyeon and her roommate, Kai still didn’t talk a lot. Everyday Kai would reach the dorm earlier than her; Kai didn’t nag about Hyoyeon’s messiness so the girl didn’t care too much too. But Hyoyeon got to admit that Kai is very helpful. Although he doesn’t talk much, but he is really kind. Or maybe it’s just Hyoyeon since Kai always help her or remind her when she forgets something.

There was this time where Hyoyeon was going to do the laundry but no matter what she press on the washing machine, it just won’t work. Hyoyeon told Kai that the washing machine had spoiled but turned out it’s just that Hyoyeon forgot to turn on the switch. Hyoyeon was so embarrassed that she couldn’t lift up her head for the whole day.

 

 

8pm in the dorm...

 

 

Hyoyeon was studying well at her study table but her stomach starts to make noises. The girl heard the noises her stomach made and didn’t stop with the notes that she’s writing and as usual, the princess forgot that she’s living on her own and called for her maid.

“Mari! Can you please make me some salad? I’m so hungry that I’m going to faint soon!” Hyoyeon exaggerated and laughed on her own.

“Mari?” Hyoyeon noticed no one responded so she turned around and finally remembered that she’s living on her own and not living in her house at America where there’s Mari.

Hyoyeon saw Kai sitting on the single couch beside the window with his big headphones on. “Don’t he need to study?” Hyoyeon asked herself but then let it off.

She went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. There was salad, just what she was craving for. She took out the ready-to-eat salad and stared at it blankly.

“Damn, I didn’t see how Mari prepares the salad every time I asked for salad.. Now what should I do?” Hyoyeon asked herself and then she goes to Kai with the salad in her hand.

Hyoyeon touched Kai’s thigh softly and he looked up with a dazed face which Hyoyeon finds it cute. She quickly shrugged off. “Yes?” He asked.

“Oh, I just wanna ask... Do I need to cook this salad or something?” Hyoyeon asked and she could feel blood rushing to her cheeks. Wait—not because she is shy, it’s because she felt embarrassed.

“Huh?” Kai couldn’t help but laugh at Hyoyeon’s question.

“Are you a pabo? Give me.” Kai took the salad over and went to the kitchen.

He unwrapped the salad and added in the salad dressing and then mixed them together. He eat a bit to taste the salad before giving it to Hyoyeon.

“This is how you should COOK a salad.” He emphasized on the word ‘cook’ and laughed at the girl again. Hyoyeon thanked him and went back to her study table.

“Ah, so I don’t have to cook salad. Just mix the salad dressing. Great! Add salad to my list.” Hyoyeon took out her notebook and starts to scribble notes on it.

 

Salad

  1. Unwrap
  2. Add salad dressing
  3. Mix
  4. EAT! :D

 

Hyoyeon even drew tiny drawings beside each bullet point. She then eats her salad and then continues to study.

Kai had just done his laundry and now he’s going to pack his bag for the lessons tomorrow. The reason why he doesn’t always at home is that he believed if he had listen and pay attention to what the teacher taught that day, there’s no need for revisions when you get home.

 

 

He finished packing his bag and now sitting on the single couch, listening to some hip hop music and had nothing to do since the night is still young. He began to look at the hardworking PaboYeon studying. Well, that’s his nickname for her, Pabo Yeon. Kai still can’t believe Hyoyeon is that stupid and innocent. Or maybe ignorant.

 

Kai’s POV

 

I had nothing to do so I began to study Paboyeon’s facial features. As I look closely at her features, she does look beautiful. Even though she’s stupid, she’s still quite perfect. I wonder if she even has any haters outside. In my whole of 22 years of life, I had never heard someone asking a person if a salad needs to be cooked. Haha, finally, Paboyeon had popped the question.

I guess if someone were to hate on her, it would be hard because even though she don’t know a lot of things and tend to forget this and that, but she’s so annoyingly cute that you can’t hate on her. It’s the truth. It’s not like I have a crush on her or something but she’s just lovable.

As I was thinking, the doorbell rang and it broke my train of thoughts. If you’re wondering why I can still hear the doorbell with my headphones on, it’s because I’m not listening to any music, just wanna look cool in front of her hahaha.

 

I opened the door and saw a guy with dirty blonde hair, he’s definitely taller than me and he looks handsome. His eyes widened when he saw me but I tried to look normal instead of curious. He then began to talk.

“I’m looking for Hyoyeon.” He said and when I turned back, Hyoyeon was rushing over.

“Oppa! I’ve missed you!” Oppa? Oh he’s Hyoyeon’s brother. He walked in without looking at me and hugged his sister.

“Yah, is this how a girl’s bed should look like? Money, cards, bags everywhere.” He nagged while Hyoyeon was whining.

“I’ll vacuum the floor later~” This girl, don’t even know how to work the washing machine and how is she going to vacuum the floor?

I put on my headphones which is on my neck and now really listening to music.

 

End of Kai’s POV

 

“What brings you here, oppa?” Hyoyeon asked while eating a lollipop.

“To see how you’re doing. Is everything fine? And you didn’t tell me you’re rooming with a guy.” Kris said and looked at his sister sternly.

“Sorry~ But I assure you, he’s a good guy.” Hyoyeon reassured her brother.

“No guys, except for me, your dad, and your grandpa are good guys.” He said and then laughed.

“Eesh you arrogant giraffe!” Hyoyeon pinched Kris’ nose and laughed again.

“What’s his name?” Kris asked.

“Kai.” Kris then walked over to Kai’s direction and took off his headphones. Kai looked at him and almost scolded him for being rude.

“Little boy, you better not take any advantage of my baby sister. If not, we’ll see you at court.” Kris warned him and Kai took back his headphones.

“Yah oppa! Why are you saying such things?! Okay okay you better go back now! I need to study.” Hyoyeon couldn’t lift up her head due to embarrassment.

“Call me if he dares to bully you.” Kris said.

“Okay okay you’re so naggy!” Hyoyeon whined again and pushed her brother out of her dorm.

 

After Kris went back, Hyoyeon went to Kai and tapped on his thigh gently and wants to apologise to him on behalf of what Kris said.

“Erm..I’m sorry...Please don’t be angry at what my brother said.” Hyoyeon bowed a little but Kai just gave a small smile before putting on his headphone again.

Hyoyeon walked back to her study table and took her phone at her bed.

 

From: Hyoyeon                                                                                                                                                                                          

To: Yuri

Yul..I think Kai is angry at me..:(

 

From: Yuri                                                                                                                                                                                                      

To: Hyoyeon

Why? What happened?

 

From: Hyoyeon                                                                                                                                                                                                

To: Yuri

 My oppa came just now to see how I’m doing but he told Kai not to take any advantage of me if not he’ll sue Kai..I think Kai is angry because I apologised but he only gave me a small smile...

 

From: Yuri                                                                                                                                                                                                  

To: Hyoyeon

Don’t worry Hyo! I’ll tell Tao to ask if Kai is angry or not! :D

 

Hyoyeon could only wait for Yuri’s reply on whether Kai is angry or not. She didn’t know why she’s so afraid for Kai to be angry but she just doesn’t wanna make him angry.

Hyoyeon tried to study but she just couldn’t concentrate anymore because she’s so afraid to receive Yuri’s message that will most probably say “Kai’s a little angry” or something.

She knocked on her own head, blaming herself for not controlling Kris’ mouth and making Kai angry. Hyoyeon rested her head on the table and then she felt someone tapping on her shoulder.

Meh, of course it was Kai. Hyoyeon looked up and saw Kai’s smile. She couldn’t explain how she felt but she could definitely feel her heart skipped a beat. “I’m not angry; don’t need to be so worried.” He smiled again.

“Really?” Hyoyeon asked again just in case Kai’s just acting.

“Really. Nobody ever tells you that one can’t be angry at you for more than a minute?” Kai went back to his single couch and smiled for the nth time tonight.

Hyoyeon just shook her head because a pabo like her doesn’t know what Kai is talking about.

“You are so annoyingly cute that people can’t be angry at you for more than even a minute.” Kai puts on his headphone once again.

Outside, Hyoyeon didn’t smile but looked shock, but inside, she’s happy like crazy. This is the first time someone actually says she’s annoyingly cute. Her friends always say she’s a real pabo.

 

 

Next day, 7am..

 

 

“Hmm~ Hehe! Hehe~~ He-he!! Heeeee..” Hyoyeon was giggling to herself for God knows how long and she groaned when she felt someone poking her cheek lightly.

“Stop it..You thought I would actually clean your for you when you did some embarrassing thing?!” Hyoyeon was still in her dreams. Kai who was poking her cheek for the past 15 minutes almost couldn’t keep in his laughter but still manage to keep it in.

 

Kai’s POV

 

Seriously, is this girl dreaming about something weird?! One second she’s giggling, one second she’s angry, and now..she curves her lips into a duck-lip shape. Is she dreaming about kissing someone now!? It’s actually fun to see how a princess sleeps.

 

I heard from Tao about this girl quite a lot since his girlfriend is her best friend. And I find her interesting. A girl whom is being treated like a princess, instead of acting like a spoilt brat and being arrogant, she’s kind, A PABO, annoyingly cute, I bet she doesn’t know she’s cute.

 

But in my whole 22 years of life, I really never heard anyone asks if a salad needs to be cooked, and she’s the first one. Nope, I don’t have a crush on her. I just find her cute and funny. But I definitely like her as a roommate. Oh well, she made me laugh in her own funny ways.

 

Geez, it’s been 25 minutes since I tried to wake her up but she’s still in her dreamland. I don’t wanna wake her up but I have to. She’ll be late if she doesn’t wake up now.

 

I tried to poke her cheeks but she doesn’t wake up, so I poked her ribs. Ugh, how does this girl actually sleeps? Her stomach is always exposed, my poor eyes!! I may look cold but I’m actually very shy and I blush easily.

She groaned and finally opened her eyes after I poked her ribs for the millionth time, “hmmm~ Mari...5 more minutes..” And now she mistook me as her maid.

“I’m Kai. If you don’t wake up now you’ll be late for school.” She opened her eyes immediately when I said my name, wow.

“O—oh. G—goodmorning—g..” She stuttered, see, cute.

“T—thanks for waking me up..” She said again but hid under her blanket again.

“By the way, are you..dreaming about kissing someone just now?” I asked and I can see her eyes widened and her eyeballs almost dropped out.

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

Oh. . HOW DID HE KNOW?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

“You..Y—you saw me doing something??” I asked carefully. Damn you Kim Hyoyeon why don’t you just jump off from this room now. You will surely die if you jump down from here.

“Your lips formed into a duck-lip shape and you were giggling like crazy just now.” Kai said and I could see he’s trying to keep in his laughter.

 

I couldn’t even lift my head because I was so damn freaking embarrassed!!! KIM HYOYEON WHY THE FREAKING SALAD ARE YOU DREAMING THOSE KIND OF DREAMS?!

 

I ran into the toilet and looked into the mirror and started studying my just-woke-up face. Sigh. Mom...Why did you born me this way? You should have born me like Vanessa Hudgens. Wow, that beautiful face..

 

I was daydreaming but I got interrupted by someone who keeps banging the door. I then shouted, “WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!??!”

“I need to use the damn toilet!! HURRY UP!!!!” I heard Kai shouted back and I brushed my teeth; cleanse my face in like 5 minutes?? I quickly go out and smiled my awkward smile when I saw him standing outside waiting urgently.

 

I got hungry since I haven’t had my breakfast. I wanted to make western breakfast and so I opened  the fridge and amazingly all the ingredients I needed are all there.

 

I took out all the ingredients and put them on the kitchen table. I took the egg and stared at it. How am I supposed to crack the egg? With my fist? Against the table? Against the frying pan? Or..? I sighed and then took the sausage. Should I wash this? Or cut this into pieces?

 

I sighed again and put it back down. I took the frying pan and put it on the stove. I tried to turn the little thing beside the stove but there’s no fire. I started wondering how to on it. I turned to the left and then to the right but nothing came out.

 

 

End of Hyoyeon’s POV

 

 

“Let me help you. Move away, paboyeon.”  Kai said and shoved Hyoyeon aside.

“It’s okay; I can do it on my own.” Hyoyeon who felt bad tried to get the egg from Kai’s hand.

“If you’re gonna do it on your own, you don’t have to report to school today because you will use up the whole day just to figure out how to crack an egg.” Kai said and crack the egg into a bowl.

 

 

The breakfast was finally done and Kai put it on the dining table. He saw Hyoyeon tying her hair so he went to change into his uniform.

 

When Hyoyeon was done, she saw the western breakfast on the table and went to eat it. She was kinda touched by Kai who made breakfast for her. She felt that Kai had been changing a little bit since they’ve been staying together for a few days now.

 

She started to feel that actually Kai isn’t a cold guy and he’s a super kind guy. Hyoyeon started to change her opinion towards him. She has never thought of having a crush on him, she just wanna know about him more since they haven’t been talking, they just talked whenever Hyoyeon needs help.

 

She doesn’t even know which class is he in, what course he took, why he chose to stay here, what type of a person he is. Well, you can call her a busybody if you want.

 

Again, her train of thought was broken when she heard her phone’s alarm clock is ringing and it’s time for her to report to class. She has 5 minutes to run from her dorm room to her first class which is like 15 minutes away from her dorm building.

 

Hyoyeon took her bag and ran off to her class like she’s running for her dear life.


Two!

Like this chapter? ;)

Comment please!! They're like honey syrup on my 'pancakes and waffles' okay?!

Haha but please do comment! ;D

I will update soon~!