Five

0.1

Gad I don't know how the hell do I have the face to post this chapter

but well here you go ;)


 

“You must be Hyoyeon’s roommate, Kai.”  Mrs Kim looked over at Kai and smiled at him.

“Ah, ne. I am.” Kai nodded and went to her side.

“So by any chance do you know why Hyoyeon cried?” Mrs Kim asked and gestured Kai to sit down as well.

“Oh, she lost the ring you gave it to her and she was really scared and cried.” Kai answered carefully.

“So I assume you found the ring back for her?” Mrs Kim smiled at the boy again.

“Yes.” Kai nodded as he answered.

“Thanks for taking care of my muddleheaded daughter.” Mrs Kim knocked on Hyoyeon’s forehead and the blonde girl was embarrassed.

“Umma! Why are you saying things like that?!” Hyoyeon pouted and rubbed her forehead while Kris was laughing at her.

“Kris! Apologise to him! Look at what you’ve done on his face.” Mrs Kim looked at her son sternly and pulled him to the front.

“Sorry.” Kris apologised coolly.

 

“Umma, why are you here?” Hyoyeon asked while eating a cup of jelly.

“I came back for a meeting; your dad is still at America. And also to see how you’re doing.” She replied and was getting ready to go.

“You’re going already??” Hyoyeon saw her mom getting up and was sad that she has to leave so soon.

“Yes, my flight is at night. Come back home when it’s the school holidays, okay?” Mrs Kim hugged her daughter and headed towards the door with Kris following her behind.

“Okay..” Hyoyeon replied and a pout was visible on her face.

“Be good baby. We will visit again when we are free from work.” Mrs Kim gave Hyoyeon a kiss on her cheek.

“I’ll come again soon.” Kris said and wanted to hug Hyoyeon but the girl refused.

“Eesh! Who wants to see you again?! Go away!” Hyoyeon joked and Kris could control Hyoyeon in just one hand, the younger one now struggling to free herself.

“Hahaha. Bye Hyobaby.” Kris laughed at his sister and went off.

 

After Kris and Mrs Kim left, there was an awkward silence between the both of them and the both of them refused to talk. When they are finally going to speak, they spoke together and here comes the awkward silence again.

 

“Erm... Thank you for finding the ring for me..” Hyoyeon thanked him awkwardly.

“No problem. It’s my job to take care of you.” Kai didn’t realise what he said just made the whole atmosphere even more awkward.

“I—I mean... We are friends, right? Friends are supposed to take care of each other..” Kai smiled shyly and went to the kitchen.

“Y—yeah. I’ll go shower first.” Hyoyeon went to the toilet without getting a set of new clothes and Kai just laughed at the girl waiting for her to come out and get her fresh clothes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Monday...

 

 

 

Monday has arrived, the day Hyoyeon hates the most because it’s the start of a new week and it means another 5 days of hell in school. Hyoyeon was still rolling on her bed, her alarm clock had been ringing for the past 30 minutes but she has no intention of getting up yet.

 

Kai got used to this and he will always go and wake her up. He was cooking up breakfast for her and when Kai heard the alarm clock, he turned around and saw the girl still snoring away. Kai laughed and turned off the stove after putting the sunny side up onto the plate.

 

“Hey, wake up. You’re gonna be late for school.” Kai nudged Hyoyeon but got no reactions from the sleepy head.

“5 minutes, okay? 5 minutes.” Hyoyeon said without opening her eyes.

“No. If you don’t get up then no breakfast for you.” Hyoyeon opened her eyes right after hearing what Kai said and glared at him.

“W—woah, okay okay. I won’t eat your breakfast but you need to wake up now.” Kai was shocked by Hyoyeon’s glare and immediately reassured her.

 

Hyoyeon finally got her out of the bed and to the toilet to wash up.

 

After finishing their breakfast, Hyoyeon got her bag and was ready to head out for her first class of the day.

 

“Ah... Monday blues. Wait, not only blue, there are pink, red, yellow, orange and many many more. Ugh.” Hyoyeon talked to herself because she really hates Monday. Kai who had never seen someone hate Mondays so much before laughed.

“Will you shut up and go to your class already?!” Kai joked and knocked on Hyoyeon’s forehead.

“KIM JONG IN! DO NOT ANNOY ME TODAY. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED.” Hyoyeon showed her death glare and went out. Kai just laughed at the silly girl and locked the door to their dorm.

 

 

 

 

“OMO! Kai! What happened to your face?!” Chanyeol was shocked when he saw Kai’s face full of bruises.

“Small injuries, I’m okay.” Kai answered and got seated at his seat.

“I bet it bled a lot...” Chanyeol touched the bruise near Kai’s mouth and winked at him, trying to again.

“Yah! Why are you behaving like a gay?!” Kai smacked his head and he pouted.

“I’m gay for you...” Chanyeol gave him another wink and Kai decided to play along.

“Aww, my Yeollie. Wanna... hang out with me after school?” Kai winked and touched Chanyeol’s chest.

“Seoul Grand Hotel?” Chanyeol his lip and grabbed Kai’s head wanting to give him a kiss.

“Stop it you stupid monkey!!!!! The teacher is here!” Kai smacked Chanyeol’s head again and kicked Chanyeol back to his seat.

 

Kai was actually paying attention to what the teacher was talking about but when the teacher told them to do their own work since she finished teaching the topic, Kai starts to daydream about Hyoyeon again. He smile whenever he think of how Hyoyeon would talk to herself every morning the moment she opens her eyes.

 

He really wants to hang out with Hyoyeon again. Kai thinks that being with Hyoyeon is fun. She can make anyone smile, anyone. Kai was shocked how Hyoyeon can make him smile so easily. It’s like he’s really attracted to Hyoyeon to the extent that everything she does makes Kai’s heart flutter.

 

Those lips that turn into a unique V-shape sometimes when she smiles...

Those eyes turn into crescent moon shapes with she laughs heartily...

Her smooth gold blonde locks... She’s even ier when her hair is messy...

Her collarbones that are so defined that made her look y...

Her horsey voice...

 

“KIM JONG IN!” Xiumin shouted into Kai’s ears to stop him from daydreaming.

“WHAT?!” Kai shouted and rubbed his ears.

“The bell rang, time for baozi!” Xiumin skipped out of the classroom like a little boy.

“Such a kid.” Kai murmured and followed Xiumin out of the classroom.

 

When they were heading towards the café, Kai automatically looked at the building that Hyoyeon is at. Since their buildings are side by side. Kai told Xiumin and Chanyeol to go to the café first and he’ll join them shortly. After parting, Kai went to Hyoyeon’s building to look for her.

 

Kai was walking by classes and he spotted Hyoyeon in the class. She was listening to the teacher but Sooyoung kept on poking her temple. Hyoyeon was annoyed and almost stab Sooyoung with the pen on her hand. It was because Sooyoung is hungry and the bell rang already but the teacher just won’t release them.

 

Some girls were squealing because they saw Kai standing outside their classroom. It is of course rare when you see a kingka not in your building but comes to your building all of a sudden. Kai smiled at some of the girls looking at him causing them to squeal even more. But he didn’t get Hyoyeon’s attention at all.

 

Finally, the teacher released them and Sooyoung glared at the teacher who released them late. Sooyoung was the first to run out of the classroom with her wallet without even greeting the teacher. Hyoyeon went to the teacher and asked her some questions. Hyoyeon told Taeyeon and Yuri to go off first but they insisted on accompanying her.

 

“Annyeong!” A girl said to Kai when she walked out of the room.

“Hello.” Kai waved and smiled. The girl almost fainted.

“H—hi. C—can I take a picture with you??” A girl asked shyly. Kai nodded and took a photo with her.

“Hey Kai, are you looking for Tao? He’s packing his bag.” A girl told Kai since most of them knew Tao, Kai, Chanyeol and Xiumin is in a clique.

“A—ah, no, I’m not waiting for him. I’m waiting for somebody else.” Kai rubbed the back of his neck and the girl just shrugged and went off.

 

Hyoyeon was done with clearing her doubts with the teacher and went out of the classroom with Taeyeon and Yuri to find Kai outside her classroom.

 

“Oh? Kai? Why are you here?” Hyoyeon asked, looking shocked.

“I—I’m waiting for you.” Kai said shyly. Taeyeon and Yuri were giggling.

“Wanna join us for lunch? We can join tables with your clique.” Yuri suggested and he could see Kai smile brightly.

“REALLY?! I—I mean, will it be okay for you girls?” Kai tried to contain his happiness.

“Why not, since I can see someone really wants to eat lunch with someone~~” Yuri teased and poked Hyoyeon’s cheek.

“Pabo, can you just go straight to the point?!” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes.

“You want me to go straight to the point? Sure~” Yuri laughed and then continued, “Why not, since I can see Kai really wants to eat lunch with Hyo.”

“KWON YUL YOU ARE SO DEAD!” Hyoyeon slapped Yuri’s arm and chased her all the way to the café.

“Let’s go, they won’t come back here because it will probably be too far for them. Their stamina is no joke.” Taeyeon joked and they both walked to the café together since they were left behind by the 2 chodings.

 

When Taeyeon and Kai reached, they saw both of their cliques joined tables already. As soon as Kai reached there, his blood starts to boil when he saw Xiumin flirting with Hyoyeon and Chanyeol sitting really close to Hyoyeon. Tao got his own girlfriend so he sat with Yuri.

 

Kai went to them and pretended to clear his throat when he saw Xiumin and Chanyeol not giving Hyoyeon any space. He eye signalled them to move away and let him sit next to Hyoyeon.

 

They bought their own foods and now seated at their table busy eating. Kai stole glances of Hyoyeon occasionally and thought that she looked pretty cute when she’s concentrated on eating. Hyoyeon was too slow to notice that Kai was looking at her from time to time. She just concentrated on eating her food.

 

“H—Hyoyeon-ssi.” A boy was standing in front of Hyoyeon. He was holding a box of chocolate with a card on it. He smiled shyly when Hyoyeon looked at him straight in the way.

Trying to flirt with Hyo huh?

“Hm? I don’t think I know you, right?” Hyoyeon asked carefully because the boy’s face doesn’t look familiar to him.

“Err, yeah. We don’t know each other but I hope we can be friends in the future!” Hyoyeon smiled at his cuteness and shyness.

“Sure, what’s your name?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I—I’m Luhan.” He handed the box of chocolate to Hyoyeon and the girl accepted it shyly.

“Hi Luhan. You look really cute. Here’s my number, call me when you are free.” Hyoyeon took out a pen and wrote it down on a piece of paper before handing it to Luhan.

The ? She just gave it to him like this?!?!?!

“I’m full.” Kai said coldly and went off. Chanyeol, Xiumin, Tao and Hyoyeon felt weird while Yuri and Taeyeon already figured out why.

“Tao, is there something wrong with Kai today? He left so fast.” Hyoyeon asked but Tao shook his head.

“Pabo, can’t you see that he is fond of you? He’s angry because he saw that Luhan guy flirting with you and you even gave him your number.” Taeyeon nudged Hyoyeon.

“Huh? Are you crazy? We are just best friends. Not what you think. And we always do this back in America... Almost half the school have my phone number.” Hyoyeon shrugged.

“That’s why you’re a pabo. Kai’s not an American!!” It was Yuri this time and she knocked Hyoyeon’s forehead.

“Guys, I already told you Kai and I are just best friends, okay?! He doesn’t have those feelings for me neither do I have for him! Ugh.” Hyoyeon showed her annoyed face and went back to the dorm to check on Kai.

 

Hyoyeon opened the door to her dorm and found Kai sitting on his favourite single couch on his headphones and watching the TV. She could see Kai’s annoyed face and he keep changing the channel and in the end tossed the remote control onto the floor.

 

Hyoyeon couldn’t stand there and watch anymore so she went to pick up the remote control and walked over to Kai and blocked his view. She took off his headphones and stood in front of him. Kai tried to take the remote control back but Hyoyeon kept in her back pocket.

 

He wore his headphones again but Hyoyeon took it down again. They both stared at each other for a good minute before Hyoyeon decided to speak up and break the silence.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Can you move your big away? You’re blocking my view.” Kai said without looking at Hyoyeon.

“I AM NOT BLOCKING THE VIEW. I AM THE VIEW!” Hyoyeon turned off the TV and looked at Kai again.

“Why did you throw the remote control onto the floor and why are you so annoyed?” Hyoyeon asked again.

“Then why did you give your number to that mushroom hair Luhan guy? Do you know him? Are you close with him?” Kai hang the headphones around his neck and looked at Hyoyeon sternly.

“Kai can you not be so rude! I can see that Luhan is a nice guy. And why do you care if I give him my number? You’re not my boyfriend so you don’t have any rights to get angry!” Kai was shocked by Hyoyeon’s words. She was right. He’s not Hyoyeon’s boyfriend so why is he angry?

 

Kai took his jacket and headed towards the door. He figured out that he needs to be separated from Hyoyeon for awhile because seeing her makes him think of Hyoyeon giving Luhan her number. Hyoyeon saw Kai walking towards the door and asked him where he was going but Kai ignored and slammed the door hard.

 

Hyoyeon was shocked because it’s the first time she saw Kai getting angry and it’s the first time Kai gave Hyoyeon attitude. She was sad as she really don’t know what made Kai angry and Hyoyeon doesn’t know what to do. She lie on her bed and buried her face into the pillow and took a nap.

 

 

 

 

 

7pm...

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah, I’m hungry.” Hyoyeon woke up to the noises made by her stomach.

 

Hyoyeon looked around the room and didn’t saw Kai’s belongings. She figured out Kai hasn’t came back yet and she didn’t know how to cook. Hyoyeon tapped on the contacts icon in her phone and searched for Kai’s contact number. She called him a few times but no one picked up the call.

 

“Fine. Just don’t ever come back anymore! I don’t believe I can’t cook my own dinner!” Hyoyeon stomped to the kitchen and trying to figure out how to turn on the stove.

 

After 15 minutes, Hyoyeon finally got the stove and she crack the raw egg into the frying pan but half of the egg dropped beside the frying pan and when Hyoyeon was cleaning it, half the egg in the pan was burnt. Hyoyeon took the frying pan and put it in the sink.

 

“AHHHH!!!” Instead of cutting up the carrot, she cut her own finger instead. Hyoyeon put her injured finger under the running water and winced because of the pain.

 

The kitchen was in a mess and almost all the ingredients in the fridge were spoilt because of Hyoyeon very very very poor cooking skills. She was so tired and didn’t bother to clean up the kitchen and she was so hungry. Hyoyeon’s phone rung when she was walking around the room and she thanked God because the caller was her oppa.

 

“OPPA!!!!!!”

“Hyonie, are you at your dorm? I’m gonna visit you.”

“Oppa you’re my savior, you’re really my savior!!!! Buy me a large pizza on your way here!!!! I’m so hungry I’m gonna faint soon!”

“YAH! OKAY I’LL GO GET THE PIZZA NOW STAY AT YOUR DORM.”

 

 

 

 

 

#ding dong#

 

 

“Oppa!” Hyoyeon hugged her brother once she saw him.

“Here,” he handed Hyoyeon the pizza and Hyoyeon gobbled down the food.

“Eat slowly.” Kris laughed at his baby sister and looked around the room and found the messed up kitchen.

“Yah, why’s the kitchen so messy? Where is Kai by the way?” Kris asked and Hyoyeon stopped eating for awhile.

“He... He was angry at me and went out since afternoon.” Hyoyeon pouted and continued to eat her pizza.

“What? You mean he left you alone since afternoon? Don’t tell me you tried cooking on your own that’s why the kitchen was so messy?” As expected of genius Kris.

“Yeah. I was so hungry you don’t even know!”

“What happened to your finger? Did you cut your finger?” Kris asked as he saw Hyoyeon’s finger with a plaster. Hyoyeon didn’t answer and eventually took it as a yes.

 

 

 

 

 

Kai and Tao were in a park near their dorm building with a few cans of beer. Kai called Tao out since he was feeling lousy and maybe only Tao would know how he felt.

 

“So what’s up?” Tao asked as he took a big gulp of the beer.

“I was angry at Hyoyeon for giving that Luhan guy her number. I went out in the afternoon till now. Just don’t feel like going back.” Kai laughed and opened a new can of beer.

“Woah, slow down on your drinking. And why are you angry?” Tao asked.

“That’s the problem, I don’t even know.”

“Hey, did you ever think that you might develop feelings for her?” Tao asked again. Kai thought for awhile before answering him.

“I thought about that before but I don’t think me and her are possible.” Kai fake laughed.

“How do you know? I mean, you don’t look for love but love looks for you.”

“You’re right.” Kai looked at him and began asking him questions, “Tao, let me ask you. How do you feel when you see Yuri crying even before you get together with her? Like, when you just started having a crush on her.”

“I felt like my heart broke, literally. And from that moment when I saw her cry, I told myself I have to protect her from then on, even if she doesn’t accept me.” Kai looked at the sky while listening to Tao talk.

That’s exactly how I felt when I see her cry...

“Then... What about when you saw her being happy?”

“I just smiled unknowingly too. I guess seeing Yuri happy makes me happy too.”

That’s exactly how I felt when I saw her being happy... I’m happy too..

“If you like her, go ahead and woo her. Hyoyeon’s a cute girl.” Tao said when he saw Kai thinking about something.

“How do you know I’m thinking of Hyoyeon?” Kai asked him.

“Your eyes and your actions.”

“Hm?”

“During lunch, you kept looking at Hyoyeon and smiled. When you saw Luhan flirting with her, your eyes were on fire and you’re angry. If you don’t like her, why would you be angry when someone flirts with her? If you don’t like her, why would you keep looking at her and then smile on your own?” Tao patted his shoulder.

“You know, I was actually doubting myself. I kept asking myself if I like her. After hearing what you said, I’m actually not accepting the fact that I like her and kept finding excuses. Now, I think I can tell you that I like Hyoyeon. Kim Hyoyeon.” Kai said and smiled.

“The Kai that I know won’t get rejected by girls from what I know. Go for it.” Tao punched Kai’s chest lightly and they knocked their cans lightly.

 

 

 

 

 

Kai ran back to his dorm after parting with Tao. He opened the door and opened the light only to see Kris sitting at Hyoyeon’s bed side and the girl sleeping peacefully. Kris dragged Kai out of the dorm quietly just in case he wakes Hyoyeon up.

 

When they were outside, even before Kai can ask Kris what happened, Kris grabbed him by his collar and looked at him with fires in his eyes.

 

“Hyung, what happened to her?” Kai asked while still perspiring from running too much.

“You can actually ask me what happened to her? You left her all alone in the dorm and left since afternoon. I’m 100% sure you know she doesn’t know how to cook or anything. Do you know she cut her finger when she was cutting up the carrots just now? She called you several times but you just don’t want to pick up the call. You call yourself as her best friend?” Kris scolded him harshly because since young no one ever dared to lose their temper on a sweet girl like Hyoyeon.

“I—I’m sorry hyung. I promise this will never happen again.” Kai promised Kris and he let go of his collar.

“If this happens again, I’ll bring Hyoyeon back to our apartment.” Kris said and Kai nodded.

 

After Kris left, Kai went beside Hyoyeon and looked at her closely. He felt sorry that because of his mixed feelings, he left her all alone without letting her know where he’s going. Kai smiled when he saw Hyoyeon groaning in her sleep and keep tossing and turning around. He removed a few strands of hair on Hyoyeon face and keep on smiling at her.

 

“9:57pm, I’m in love with Kim Hyoyeon aka Kim Paboyeon.” 


Negative comments are welcomed. ;)

((Sorry in advance if you found any grammar/mistakes because too cool lazy to check back.))