Seventeen

0.1

The next day Hyoyeon went to the office with a throbbing headache. Kris asked if she would like a day off but she refused because she doesn’t want to be alone at home, that would allow her to over think about Kai again so burying herself into the pile of work she has is the best way.

 

Immediately after Hyoyeon went into her office, Miss Song got her some documents and told her she needs to read them and do a proposal for the department meeting later. Hyoyeon nodded and told her to make some ginger tea to get rid of the hangover she’s having.

 

“Miss Kim, are you sure you’re okay? Your hangover seems pretty bad.” Miss Song asked while putting the cup of hot ginger tea on the table.

 

“I can handle it.” Hyoyeon smiled weakly and Miss Song said she would be there if she needs her.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Hyoyeon was still preparing some documents for a meeting later and she heard someone walking into her office. She thought it was Miss Song so she didn’t even bother to look who was it.

 

“Miss Song, you can leave the files on the coffee table. I’ll sign it when I finish these documents.” Hyoyeon said but she didn’t hear any response.

 

“My dear Miss Kim, can you please look up and see who is it?” Hyoyeon heard a cute manly voice and immediately knew who it was.

 

“I’m sorry~ I’m too busy…” Hyoyeon stood up and walked towards her boyfriend Luhan.

 

Luhan gave her a tight hug and Hyoyeon leaned on Luhan’s chest and refused to release Luhan. She was so tired that she needed someone to hug her tight and give her some comforting words.

 

“Babe, c’mon let me bring you to a place.” Luhan pulled Hyoyeon out of the office.

 

Along the way, staffs were staring at them. Hyoyeon told Luhan to stop playing and she have a lot of work to do but the guy didn’t say anything and just kept pulling her. Hyoyeon shouted to Miss Song that she’ll be back in a while and told her to prepare the documents instead.

 

Luhan brought Hyoyeon to a park to relax her mind. Although they call each other girlfriend and boyfriend now but Luhan felt that something was off and he felt that they haven’t reach that level yet and they never will for in Hyoyeon’s heart, there’ll only be Kai.

 

Luhan brought Hyoyeon out today was to tell her that he wants them to remain as best friends. He is not prepared and not willing to risk their friendship. It is too dangerous. One step wrong and everything will be gone.

 

“Luhan, why did you bring me here? I have a lot of work to do.” Hyoyeon still couldn’t let go of her paperworks.

 

“Hyoyeon, I want us to remain as best friends, not lovers.” Luhan said and looked up at the sky.

 

“What’s wrong?” Hyoyeon cupped Luhan’s cheeks.

 

“I just felt that we will never reach that level of girlfriend and boyfriend. I don’t want to risk our friendship. Do you get me?” Luhan said and removed Hyoyeon’s hands from his cheeks.

 

Hyoyeon began to sob and Luhan side hugged her quickly.

 

“I’m sorry…” Hyoyeon said in between her sobs.

 

“Don’t be. I’m happy that at least I get to be your substitution for some days.” They both burst out laughing although Hyoyeon still feels horrible.

 

“Friends forever?” Luhan stretched out his hand.

 

Best friends forever.” Hyoyeon shook his hand and the girl went back to Luhan’s embrace, as best friends.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Hyoyeon walked out of her room looking like she has made a decision. She sat beside Kris on the couch and took away Kris’ iPad.

 

“Hey! I’m doing something really important!” Kris tried to snatch his iPad back but Hyoyeon wouldn’t give it to him.

 

“So playing Flappy Bird is really important to you?” Hyoyeon said with sarcasm.

 

“Fine… What do you want?” Kris crossed his arms.

 

“I’ve decided… I want to go back to America.” Hyoyeon said and Kris’ eyes widened.

 

“What!? You want to leave!? Then what about Kai?” Kris pulled Hyoyeon to sit across him.

 

“As you can see, we’ve broken up and I don’t see the point of staying here anymore. At least I can go back and help mommy and daddy in the company.” Hyoyeon said like it wasn’t a big deal but actually deep inside her heart, she didn’t want to leave.

 

“Hyoyeon are you sure about this?” Kris asked her seriously.

 

“Yes. I’m booking the air ticket tonight and I’ll be going back the day after.” Hyoyeon said and walked back to her room.

 

[Kris: Hyo’s going back to America! If you still love her, go to the airport the day after to look for her you brat!]

 

 

Hyoyeon finished packing her luggage and she called Taeyeon, Yuri and Sunny out for some drinks.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

“You are what!?” Hyoyeon told the 3 girls about going back to America and the trio all have different reactions. With Taeyeon spitting out her drink, with Sunny’s mouth forming an ‘O’ shape, with Yuri scalding with the hot mushroom soup.

 

“Yah, it’s not like I’m not coming back. I’ve completed my studies here; it’s time for me to go back.” Hyoyeon said and told them to relax.

 

“I know you’re not going back just because of that, right?” Taeyeon asked carefully.

 

“I don’t know,” Hyoyeon answered truthfully. Part of her missed her family dearly, part of her wants to avoid Kai. Hyoyeon also told them about Luhan and they were glad because Luhan made the right choice not to risk their friendship.

 

“Hyoyeon don’t be stupid. You clearly know that Kai still loves you!” Yuri said loudly, trying to talk some sense into Hyoyeon.

 

“Okay girls, I asked you guys out not to discuss about this. Let’s go shopping for one last time before I leave.” Hyoyeon pulled them out of the café and the 3 girls walked out sulking, still not believing that their dearest friend is leaving them so soon.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

“Tao she is leaving. She’s really leaving.” Kai opened a can of beer and said blankly. Kai was at Tao’s place. He went there to find his drinking buddy upon receiving Kris’ message. “What should I do?” Kai asked again.

 

“Stop her of course, pabo.” Tao said and laughed.

 

“I hurt her so badly. There’s no way she will come back to me. She has Luhan now anyway.” Kai said sadly.

 

“Hey, Yuri told me Luhan and Hyoyeon are just best friends. They’ve decided not to date.” Kai’s eyes opened widely and were really happy, but he chose not to show it.

 

“If you guys can’t be lover, at least clear things up between the both of you and continue to be friends. Prepare for the worst Kai.” Tao pat on Kai’s shoulder.

 

“She doesn’t even—” Kai was being cut off by Tao even before he can speak his mind: “Go and ask her to stay and come back to you. Don’t go to the wrong direction this time. It’s your last chance.”

 

With that, Kai left and went home.

 

Hyoyeon wait for me. I won’t let you leave. I promised I’ll never leave you…

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Kris, Yuri, Taeyeon, Sunny, Tao, Luhan were at the airport sending Hyoyeon off. Kris had to stay in Korea to settle some things before he can go back to America. Hyoyeon was still trying to hold in her tears because she hated this kind of situation.

 

The 3 girls were already crying like there’s no tomorrow and acted like they couldn’t contact Hyoyeon anymore after she leaves. Hyoyeon hit their heads and scolded them for being crybabies.

 

“Take care of them for me.” Hyoyeon hugged Luhan and whispered to him.

 

“Take care of yourself Best.” Luhan kissed Hyoyeon’s cheek.

 

Hyoyeon turned back and start to look around; hoping she would see a certain figure but there was none.

 

Where’s that pabo!!

 

“This is the last call for passengers taking the American Express Airline.” A lady’s voice was being heard and Hyoyeon bid goodbye to her friends and walked towards the immigration gate.

 

“HYOYEON!”

 

Kai’s voice… Is he here? No, don’t turn back. It’s just your imaginations Hyo.

 

Hyoyeon ignored the calls for her and continue walking towards the gate. She stopped when someone runs in front of her and grabbed her shoulders, pulling her into a hug.

 

“Hyoyeon don’t go. I love you. I never stopped loving you.” Kai who ran all the way to Incheon Airport from his house was sweating like crazy but Hyoyeon didn’t mind.

 

The blonde girl broke into tears, finally. She dropped her luggage and bags, ignored the announcements for passengers taking the American Express Airline and hugged Kai tightly. The hugs they both missed so much. The scent of each other they both missed so much.

 

“I’m sorry baby. I promised I’ll never leave you and I’ll keep that promise. Come back to me, will you?” Kai broke the hug and wiped away Hyoyeon’s tears.

 

“I would have ignored you if I decided not to come back to you.” Hyoyeon laughed and wiped Kai’s sweat using her bare hands and Kai pulled Hyoyeon into a deep loving kiss.

 

“WOOOOO!! HYOKAI MOMENTS!!!!” Taeyeon shouted and the 3 of them was fangirling over the couple.

 

“We have fans now.” Kai pulled Hyoyeon closer to him by her waist and Hyoyeon had her arms wrapped around Kai’s waist.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

“Auntie.” Kai brought Hyoyeon to his house and ask for his parents’ blessings.

 

“You should call me umma now.” Hyoyeon was shocked at Mrs Kim’s sudden change in her behaviours. She was so fierce to her before.

 

“The moment Kai left to the airport for you, I knew I had to accept you as my daughter-in-law. Just so to let you know, you still have many things to improve on.” Mrs Kim said with a little bit of teasing.

 

Hyoyeon nodded shyly and went to greet Mr Kim. “Appa.” Hyoyeon bowed a little and the elder hugged her.

 

Kai led Hyoyeon to his room and the moment Hyoyeon stepped in; she was so shocked and moved to tears. The room was filled with pink balloons and red petals on the bed which forms a heart shape. In the middle were a ring and a bouquet of flowers.

 

Kai let go of Hyoyeon’s hand and grabbed the flowers and the diamond ring.

 

“Marry me, the charming fellow.”

 

Hyoyeon smiled shyly and accepted the flowers, “I do.”

~*~*~

I'm sorry this is a bit rushed!

Next is the last chapter and I promise you a good one!

Comments are appreciated ^_^