Fifteen

0.1

It’s been a week since Hyoyeon worked in the office and although she didn’t liked it at first, she put her whole heart into the paperworks and the people with higher positions in the company treated her just like any other staffs in the office. Kris entrusted her with the position of a manager in the Finance Department.

 

When she makes a mistake, she gets scolded by the Senior Manager. She gets praised when she did the work correctly and neatly. Hyoyeon was glad that the staffs in the company didn’t treat her differently (nicer) from the others. This is what she didn’t expect.

 

Hyoyeon is having a meeting and it was already 2 hours plus, when she was about to continue to the other sections, her secretary, Miss Song came into the meeting room, “Miss Kim, there’s a girl outside saying she’s about to die and wants to see you before she’s dead…”

 

“HUH!? Alright let me go take a look. You guys continue the meeting first and give me a report after that.” Hyoyeon told the staffs that are under her. Must be that shorty.

 

“She insisted on resting on the couch inside your office. And said something weird like… If she’s going to die she rather dies in your office…” Miss Song gave her the weird look and was worried for Hyoyeon. The blonde girl nodded and then told her secretary to go back to the meeting.

 

Hyoyeon pushed open the glass door and saw a certain brunette lying on the couch lifelessly while trying to peek at who came in. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and then shook her head, immediately knowing who that brunette was.

 

“Stupid Taengoo. Why did you pull such pranks!?” Hyoyeon took a cushion and threw at Taeyeon.

 

 “Hehe. That’s the only way to get you out of the meeting! I’ve already waited for more than an hour already…” Taeyeon showed her cutest pout. Hyoyeon walked to her office table and glared at Taeyeon.

 

“Where’s Kwon Yuri and Lee Soonkyu?” Hyoyeon asked while taking out some files from the drawer.

 

“Yul found a job at the retail shop and she said she’s busy… Soonkyu said she’s out with her parents today. I can’t find anybody to play with so I came here.” Taeyeon took out some sandwich and threw it to Hyoyeon. “Let’s go shopping Hyo!”

 

“I have a lot of proposals and work to do… Tomorrow okay? I promise.” Hyoyeon showed her pout and the 2 best friends are pouting to each other.

 

“No!” Taeyeon said and frowned, making herself look like an angry bird.

 

“Tomorrow I need to buy a gift for Kai’s mom, it’s her birthday tomorrow, I know you will accompany me! Hehe…” Hyoyeon giggled and Taeyeon glared at her.

 

 

“I really feel like doing something to you now Hyo.” Taeyeon folded her arms and walked to Hyoyeon slowly. The blonde girl gave her a questioning look.

 

“What?”

 

“TO KILL YOU!!!!! HOW CAN YOU ONLY HAVE KAI IN YOUR HEART!? WHAT ABOUT ME!? AND YURI!? AND SUNNY!?” Taeyeon tried to flip the table but it was too heavy.

 

“Yah! Chill shorty! You guys are in my heart too okay! Now I promise tomorrow I will go out with you, go back home!” Hyoyeon pushed Taeyeon out of her office and made her go home. Taeyeon of course can’t do anything and just listened to her best friend.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Kai was sending Hyoyeon to the company and they are walking on the streets with their hands entwined and Kai carrying Hyoyeon’s handbag, being a 24/7 good boyfriend while Hyoyeon was eating a piece of bread.

 

“Baby, will you be coming tonight?” Kai asked, afraid that Hyoyeon won’t want to turn up for Mrs Kim’s birthday dinner tonight. She is Kai’s girlfriend and she have to be there.

 

“Yes! No matter how busy I am, I promise I will make it there tonight.” Hyoyeon promised Kai and the guy smiled brightly. He felt that Hyoyeon has gotten more mature after entering the working industry. She had become more understanding and no longer like the childish Hyoyeon who would always throw tantrums.

 

“Don’t overwork yourself and remember to always eat your meals regularly. Do you need me to fetch you to my house after knocking off?” Kai gave Hyoyeon her handbag as they stood in front of the company building.

 

“Nope… I can there myself! Now go home and rest! It’s only 7.30am now, you must be tired… I told you not to tire yourself out! Go home and sleep.” Hyoyeon cupped Kai’s cheeks and kissed him.

 

“I’m not tired at all! I just want to spend more time with you and isn’t it my job to send my baby girl to work every morning? Hehe. Now go in!” Kai gave Hyoyeon a forehead kiss and told her to go in before she’s late.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Sunny was wandering around in the mall while waiting for Hyoyeon. They agreed to meet at 3PM but Hyoyeon still haven’t showed up. They thought Hyoyeon must be settling some stuffs right now so they decided to wait for a while more.

 

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock.

 

4PM.

 

Hyoyeon still haven’t turn up.

 

Taeyeon and Sunny began to worry about what might happen to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon is one that won’t be late when it’s about shopping. She will show up earlier instead of being late. Taeyeon called Hyoyeon’s phone but nobody picked up and she remembered having Hyoyeon’s office phone number.

 

Meanwhile Hyoyeon…

 

4.15PM.

 

Hyoyeon totally forgot about meeting Sunny and Taeyeon. She buried herself into the pile of paperworks and working her off. The office phone rung and it was Miss Song.

 

“Miss Kim, aren’t you supposed to meet Taeyeon-ssi and Sunny-ssi right now? You’re 1 hour and 15 minutes late.” Miss Song said and Hyoyeon’s eyeballs almost dropped out.

 

“Crap. I forgot about it. I’ll finish up the proposal when I come back later. Thanks for reminding me, Miss Song!” Hyoyeon smiled to Miss Song through the transparent glass panel since Miss Song’s table is just outside her office.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

“Soonkyu, nobody is picking up. Will something happen to her?” Taeyeon asked worriedly. Sunny reassured her that nothing will happen to their blonde friend.

 

“Let’s wait at for her at the entrance.”

 

4.45PM.

 

Sunny and Taeyeon are still waiting for Hyoyeon outside the mall next to the entrance. They would not go until they see Hyoyeon.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

“Taengoo, Soonkyu!!” The 2 short girls heard a familiar voice and immediately recognised that voice. Hyoyeon of course.

 

“HYO! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?” Taeyeon hugged Hyoyeon tightly and cried because she was too worried and finally saw Hyoyeon being fine still.

 

“Taengoo, don’t worry. I was writing a proposal until I forgot about the timing and all thanks to Miss Song for reminding me.” Hyoyeon wiped away the tears on Taeyeon’s face and laughed at the crybaby.

 

“We called to your office phone but no one picked up.” Sunny said and pouted as well.

 

“I think I was on my way here by then. So sorry to keep you waiting, shorties!” Hyoyeon ruffled her 2 short friends’ hair and flashed her famous v-smile.

 

“High-tea is on yours!” Taeyeon and Sunny both pouted angrily. Hyoyeon just nodded and pulled them into the mall.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

“Thank you guys, for shopping with me. I need to rush back to continue writing my proposals. Come to visit me if you are free BUT no pulling pranks anymore, okay?” Hyoyeon warned them and they nodded their heads lazily.

 

Hyoyeon didn’t know what Mrs Kim loves but she remembered seeing a shelf full of different kinds of branded bags in the living room in the house so Hyoyeon assumed that she likes handbags so she bought a Limited Edition Prada handbag for her and a bottle of wine that her dad recommended her yesterday night when she whatsapped him. She figured they could drink the wine after having dinner or during the dinner.

 

So now Hyoyeon is back into her office burying herself into the proposals again. She always switches off her phone and places it in the drawer beside her office table. Hyoyeon’s a master at multi-tasking so she can’t afford to see her phone when she’s doing work.

 

Knock Knock.

 

“Come in.” Hyoyeon looked up and saw Miss Song walking to her with some files.

 

“These documents need your signature.”

 

Hyoyeon signed them and then return it to Miss Song.

 

“Miss Song, this is the proposal that Kris oppa wants and this is the one that the Advertising Department wanted. The other one I’m still working on it, I’ll pass it to you by 8PM.” Hyoyeon handed the files to Miss song and smiled at her, assuring her it would be done by the time she told her.

 

“Alright, no problem. Miss Kim, I swear you’re the best staff here. Everyone loves you! Because of your kindness and your friendliness.” Miss Song smiled and they chatted for awhile.

 

“Wow! Is that a compliment? Hehe. Thank you so much, Miss Song!” Hyoyeon smiled genuinely at Miss Song.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Hyoyeon finished the last proposal and everyone has knocked off including Kris and Miss Song. She walked to Miss Song’s table and put the proposal on her table. Hyoyeon poured a cup of water and sat on the couch to rest for awhile. She massaged her temples and realised she haven’t switched on her phone.

 

Her phone was starting up and immediately when it was started up, messages notifications, missed calls notifications all flooded her notifications under the ‘Missed’ section in her phone.

 

[15 missed calls from ‘Kai’]

 

[Kai: Hyo, where are you? We are going to have dinner soon.]

[Kai: Are you reaching?]

[Kai: We’re waiting for you!]

[Kai: If you’re not coming, you should have informed me earlier…]

[Kai: I guess it’s okay. Just come another time then.]

 

Crap. I forgot about the birthday dinner. Damn it!

 

Hyoyeon ran out of the office and locked the door safely with her handbag and gifts on her hands before rushing over to Kai’s house. Damn it, I am so sorry Kai.

 

[Hyoyeon: I am so sorry Kai, I forgot about the dinner. I’m rushing over now.]

[Kai: It’s okay, we’re done with dinner anyway.]

[Hyoyeon: Kai please, I am really sorry and I didn’t forget about it on purpose. I was too busy with my work.]

[Kai: Never mind Hyo. I understand.]

[Hyoyeon: Wait for me outside your house doorstep? I’ll be reaching in 10. I love you baby.]

 

Hyoyeon knew Kai is angry with her. How can one not be angry when a person he loved so much broke her promise? She knew Kai is really upset and disappointed with her although he said he understands. Of course he is just lying to her so she doesn’t have to feel bad.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Hyoyeon saw Kai sitting on the floor at the doorstep. She ran to him and hugged him tightly. Kai didn’t hug her back but instead he broke the hug.

 

“Kai let’s go in. I wanna wish Mrs Kim a happy birthday.” Hyoyeon grabbed Kai’s arm but the guy refused to move.

 

“Hyo, go back home and rest. I’ll pass the gifts to umma.” Kai said coldly and took the gifts from Hyoyeon’s hamds.

 

“Kai, I understand you’re angry. I’m really sorry about it. Can you please give me a chance to mend my mistake?” Hyoyeon said to him in a nice tone but Kai just doesn’t want to listen to her excuses right now.

 

“Hyoyeon forget it. Just go home.” Kai said and pulled Hyoyeon to the main road.

 

“Kai! Why are you being like this? Can’t you just give me another chance?” Hyoyeon flared up at Kai who seem to not believe that she really forgot about the birthday dinner.

 

“What chance do you want? Another chance for you to break your promise? Umma is just starting to change her opinion towards you and then now something like this happened. I’m really tired. I thought you changed Hyo!” Kai put his hands on his waist and closed his eyes.

 

“I changed?” Hyoyeon looked at him with teary eyes.

 

“I thought you’re more understanding, more mature, more responsible towards the promises you made and that’s why I told umma to give you another chance and she did because she trusted me. I thought you’re not the irresponsible girl, immature girl anymore but you still are!” Kai shouted at Hyoyeon and the latter was shocked. She thought Kai must be really angry and disappointed this time. But how can he say she is irresponsible and immature?

 

“Kai… I never imagined you saying I’m irresponsible and immature…” Hyoyeon cried.

 

“Let’s take a break from each other.”

 

 

 

~*~*~

Hi! Happy Chinese New Year Eve!

So here’s an update hehe. My Hyoyeon feels are overflowing today!

Comment and I’ll buy you pancakes and waffles.