Ten

0.1

The next day, after school…

 

 

 

“Hyoyeon!” A manly voice was being heard as Hyoyeon was talking to Taeyeon. She saw that it was Kris and bid goodbye to Taeyeon and walked to her brother.

 

“Gosh, are you that free?! Don’t you need to work?!” Hyoyeon facepalmed herself while Kris opened the passenger door for her.

 

“Before Kai pass the tests you shouldn’t be meeting him.” Kris started the engine.

 

“What the? This is unfair!” Hyoyeon pouted like a little girl.

 

“I can’t do anything about it.” Kris shrugged.

 

“Anyway, I saw a book that suits you totally at the book store today!” Hyoyeon excitedly searches for the book in her bag.

 

“Really? Is it some kind of How to Become a Successful Businessman or something?” Kris stopped at the traffic light and waited for his sister to show him the book.

 

“Here you go.” Hyoyeon passed the book to Kris at the front.

 

“Wait. What. Drawing for Dummies?!” Kris tossed the book back to Hyoyeon.

 

“As your sister, I would really wanna say that your drawings are good. But it’s hard for me to lie.” Hyoyeon climbed to the front seat and put it into the small drawer in front of her. Kris couldn’t do anything because he’s driving.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Hyoyeon was on the couch, refusing to study because she was so lazy and she only wants to see Kai at that time. She was lying lifelessly on the couch while Kris was standing near the window with his eyes glued to the phone.

 

“Oppa, what are you doing?” Hyoyeon stood up and walked to him.

 

“Shut up, don’t disturb me.” Kris covered .

 

After Hyoyeon managed to free herself from Kris, she went back to the couch while Kris made a phone call.

 

“I suppose you know the Café just 3 blocks down from my house.” Kris said coolly.

 

“Ah, yes. I know.”

 

“Meet me there in 15 minutes. I don’t care where you are right now.”

 

“B—But I just got out of school and our school is quite far away from the café!”

 

“I don’t care.”

 

“O—okay then, I will try to reach there on time…”

 

Kris got a binocular and waited for 5 minutes before looking through it. Hyoyeon who was curious saw her brother put his phone on the coffee table beside him. She took it silently and checked who he called awhile ago.

 

After checking it, Hyoyeon almost strangled Kris. She shouted into his ears for pulling a prank like this on Kai.

 

“YAHHHHHH!!” Hyoyeon pulled Kris’ ears and shouted into his ears.

 

“Yah! What was that for?!” Kris rubbed his ears.

 

“Why are you pulling a prank like this on Kai?!” Hyoyeon pouted.

 

“This is his third test. This test is nothing hard.” Kris smirked. “And what are you still doing here? Aren’t you supposed to study?”

 

“Not until Kai is done with this test.”  Hyoyeon said stubbornly.

 

“Hyoyeon.” Kris said in his strict voice, telling Hyoyeon to go study instead of wasting her time.

 

Hyoyeon heard Kris’ strict voice and obediently stomped to the dining table and took out her study materials. She looked at Kris occasionally to see what he is doing.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Gosh, 15 minutes. I only have 15 minutes!

 

Is this a test for my stamina? Or my running speed? But it should be done already at the running track that time…

 

Hyo’s house is already far from the school… Now I even have to run 3 blocks down after reaching her house…

 

Kai! You promised Hyo you will pull through the tests for her! No matter how hard it is!

 

After bidding goodbye with Chanyeol, Kai ran nonstop to Hyoyeon’s house first. He rested awhile and checked the timing. 3 minutes left. Kai was prepared to run again. As he was going to jaywalk and cross over to the other side, he spotted an old lady not far away from him. Kai figured out she’s going to cross the road as well but she was holding onto a lot of bags.

 

Damn it.

 

Kai ran over to the old lady and helped her with the bags. He brought her across the road safely and then bid goodbye to her before running down the blocks. 2 minutes. Kai saw a little girl sitting in the middle of the pathway crying. There was a cup of ice cream smudged onto the ground. He went over and carried the little girl up.

 

it.

 

“Sweetie, why are you crying?” Kai pinched the little girl’s cheek softly.

 

“M—My… Ice C—Cream…” She pointed onto the floor. Kai saw it and started looking around the surroundings. He spotted an Ice Cream Parlour near them.

 

Kai brought the little girl to the Ice Cream Parlour and bought her a double scoop strawberry ice cream cone. The little girl went off happily while her ice cream. 45 seconds. Kai looked around left and right at the road before crossing to the other side.

 

God, please… Let me reach there on time…

 

There were a lot of cars on the road by then and it was impossible for Kai to jaywalk anymore. He waited patiently for some cars to pass by before jaywalking at the traffic light. 25 seconds.

 

Please… Please…

 

“B—Boy…” Kai heard someone calling, he wasn’t sure if it was him or somebody else but just in case, he turns and saw a pregnant lady gesturing him to go over to her.

 

5 seconds. Aish whatever. I’ll try explaining to Kris hyung. I’ll help her first.

 


“Yes? How can I help you?” Kai asked and hold the lady’s hand so that she have enough support.

 

“My necklace dropped into the drain… Mind helping me to get it back?” She pleaded and Kai nodded. He went down the drain and carefully picked it up.

 

“Here.” He handed the lady her necklace.

 

“Thank you, you’re so kind.” She said and Kai smiled and picked up his bag on the floor.

 

“Please be careful, don’t walk around in the streets alone. It’s dangerous since you’re pregnant.” Kai said before bidding her goodbye.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Kris was standing outside the café that he told Kai to go. He was smiling a bit, knowing that Kai is late. While Kris is fixing his hair, from the corner of his eyes he could see someone running to him in a really fast pace. He knew it was Kai.

 

“H…Hyung… I—I’m sorry that I’m late but I—” Before Kai could finish his explanation, Kris cut him off: “Passed.”

 

Passed?

 

Hyung meant I passed the test?!

 

But why? I’m late.

 

Is he pulling a prank?

 

“H—Hyung wait! Why did I pass the test? I’m late…” Kai asked, feeling weird as to why he passed even though he was late.

 

“This is a test of kindness.” Kris smiled at him for the first time since the both of them met.

 

“Kindness?” Kai took awhile to think but he still doesn’t get it. “I don’t get it, still.”

 

“Don’t you feel weird that you keep on meeting people that are having troubles and need help?” Kris smirked and then left Kai to think on his own.

 

Hyung meant… He set all those up?! To see whether I’m kind and to see whether I’ll stop by to help those people that needs help even though I’m gonna be late?

 

Wow…

 

“Hyung! Thank you!” Kai shouted. Kris heard but he only waved his hand without turning back.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

After that test, Kai found himself standing outside a mall. Yes, forget about those studying. He wants to see what gift he can make for Hyoyeon for their first month anniversary. He breathed a huge breath before entering the mall.

 

There are 30 days in month…

 

What can I make for her…

 

I should do a custom necklace for her? No… There won’t be enough time…

 

AH!

 

Kai’s expression lit up after having an idea of what to make for Hyoyeon. He went to a DIY shop to shop for the materials that he needed. Although he knows Hyoyeon will want him to focus on his studies instead of focusing on the gift, he can’t help it. He won’t concentrate even if she forces him to study now anyway.

 

Kai walked out of the mall with 2 full bags and with a satisfied smile. He was that Hyoyeon will like the gift. Speaking of Hyoyeon, Kai remembered he hasn’t told Hyoyeon that he passed his third test yet. Kai took  out his phone in his back pocket and texted Hyoyeon.

 

[Kai: Hyohyo! I passed the third test!]

[Hyoyeon: You are so awesome! I want to give you a kiss now ><]

[Kai: Should I go to your house now?]

[Hyoyeon: For what?]

[Kai: So that you can give me a kiss! : D]

[Hyoyeon: .]

 

Kai laughed at Hyoyeon’s response. Nevertheless, he went home since he doesn’t want to disturb Hyoyeon from studying. He will make the gift first and then study. Of course, when it comes to girlfriend and study, Kai always put Hyoyeon first before anything else.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Kris had told Kai to go to his house; Kai assumed that he’s going to have his last test there. He sincerely hoped that the test would be easy. It’s the last one; he wants to do his best. Kai reached the doorstep and pressed on the doorbell and patiently waited for Kris to open the door.

 

“Well, I’m sure you know why you are here.” Kris smirked and then walked towards the dining table.

 

Kai followed behind him and saw Hyoyeon poking her head out of her room and smiled at Kai. He saw Hyoyeon and did a flying kiss to her. Hyoyeon did a fighting sign to Kai as he walked to the dining table too.

 

“Kim Hyoyeon. Get your back into your room.” Kris said clearly without turning his back. He sure knows what his sister is up to.

 

“Stupid Krisala.” Hyoyeon mumbled loud enough for Kris to hear. The older one pretended that he didn’t hear anything.

 

“So, I’ll give you five minutes to figure out the answer to a riddle.” Kris took out a piece of paper and Kai saw some alphabets on it.

 

Riddles.

 

I’m not really good at it neither am I bad at it.

 

I’ll just try my best!

 

“Start.” Kris started the timer on his phone and Kai started wrecking his brain on the riddle.

 

“What does this message say?

G T Y O R J O T E O U I A B G T”

 

Ah… This is hard… Calm down and think properly, Kai… Don’t rush…

 

There is still 10 seconds left before the 5 minutes are up. Kai started writing down some things on the paper below the riddle. Kai figured out an answer and he is confident about it.

 

Great Job You Got It

 

Yes, that’s the answer.

 

“Time’s up.” Kris said as the alarm set off.

 

Kris took the paper from the table and looked at the answer he wrote down on the paper.

 

This boy is amazing…

 

“Great job you got it.” Kris smiled and raised his fist.

 

He is not going to punch me; he’s going to do a bro fist with me!

 

“Thanks, Hyung. I’ll protect Hyoyeon with my life and never make her sad.” Kai said and Kris gave him a light hug.

 

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! OPPA JJANG! KAI JJANG!” Here comes Kai’s hyperactive girlfriend; Kris’ hyperactive sister.

 

“Kai, what test did he gave you?” Hyoyeon asked while hugging Kai.

 

“It’s not—” Before Kris could finish his sentence; Kai gave the paper to Hyoyeon and let her see.

 

Ahhh … This idiot will surely reveal my secret!

 

“AHAHAAHAHAHAH HE REALLY GAVE YOU THIS RIDDLE?!” Hyoyeon laughed so hard that she fell onto the floor.

 

“Mmm. Why?” The clueless Kai asked.

 

“Oh it’s actually—” Kris got cut off again by Hyoyeon before he could finish saying his sentence: “this was a riddle that was given to him by his teacher when he was in middle school. He came home and wrecked his brain for almost a week but he still couldn’t get the riddle right! HAHAHHAAHA”

 

Who would imagine a smart guy like Kris would take so long to figure out the riddle?

 

Hyoyeon had laughed so hard that her laughter became silent.

 

“Ah just shut your big mouth Hyo!” Kris carried Hyoyeon in bridal style and threatened that he will drop her onto the floor if she doesn’t shut up.

 

These 2 have really cute relationships…

 

“MERONG!” Hyoyeon was still laughing hard; Kris had no choice but to put Hyoyeon onto the couch, knowing that she will probably for the next 2 weeks.

 

Kai went home and he decided to tell his mother about Hyoyeon. Also, the gift that he is making for Hyoyeon is still only halfway done. Kai promised to call Hyoyeon at night before she sleeps.

 

Hyoyeon and Kris are still having a fight. Kris grabbed Hyoyeon’s head and refused to let go because Hyoyeon will hit him if he does. Hyoyeon threatened that she will tell Taeyeon, his ‘fangirl’ about the riddle thinge, not wanting to be embarrassed, he let go and Hyoyeon grabbed his arms together on his back and hit the floor 3 times.

 

“Kim Hyoyeon, WIN!”

 

 

 

~*~*~

Sorry for any mistakes you spot!