Eleven

0.1

Today is the day.

 

The day Kai and Hyoyeon had been looking forward to.

 

Their first monthsary.

 

Kai had planned to bring Hyoyeon back to his house to meet his parents and also to have dinner there. Kai went to Hyoyeon’s house first because he wanted to give Hyoyeon the gift first before bringing her to have lunch at a restaurant.

 

“Happy first monthsary babe.” Kai hugged Hyoyeon as soon as she opens the door and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

 

“Thank you bb. Happy first monthsary too.” Hyoyeon led Kai to her room and they both sat in the middle of the bed.

 

“What have you prepared for me? Hehe.” Hyoyeon giggled while waiting for Kai to hand her the gift.

 

It was a plastic transparent box with 30 different colors envelopes in it. Since it is their first monthsary and there are 30 days in the month, Kai wrote 30 reasons as to why he loves Hyoyeon in 30 pieces of paper and put them into different colors of envelopes.

 

“I’ve wrote down 30 reasons why I love you.” Kai said while Hyoyeon poured out all the letters.

 

  1. I love you because I know you miss me every day.
  2. I love you because I love the way you smile.
  3. I love you because I know you’ll always be there for me.
  4. I love you because I miss you.
  5. I love you because you’re my princess.
  6. I love you because you are my everything.
  7. I love you because you inspire me.
  8. I love you because you made me notice I can do everything and anything just for you.
  9. I love you because you’re a lovely angel.
  10. I love you because you mean so much more to me.
  11. I love you because I’m with you now and you can always close your eyes, knowing that I’ll still be there for you.
  12. I love you because whenever I’m with you, I forget my sorrows and happiness tend to fills my soul.
  13. I love you because I can’t get enough of you.
  14. I love you because you’re the only one I will miss everyday.
  15. I love you because you make me happy.
  16. I love you because you made me feel loved.
  17. I love you because I know you’ll do anything for me.
  18. I love you because you made me realize why people do crazy things when they are in love.
  19. I love you because I don’t say ‘I love you’ to just anybody.
  20. I love you because I think you’re pretty even without any make up.
  21. I love you because you are beautiful inside out.
  22. I love you because you forgave me even when I lose my temper on you.
  23. I love you because we are perfectly compatible.
  24. I love you because loving you brings me to love life even more each and every day.
  25. I love you because I just do.
  26. I love you because you are perfect.
  27. I love you because you’re a lot more likable than most things.
  28. I love you because you’re one of a kind.
  29. I love you because you are everything that I ever wanted.
  30. I love you because you know I love you.

 

After reading all the reasons that Kai wrote down, Hyoyeon looked at Kai and pouted like a little girl which confused Kai. He thought Hyoyeon didn’t liked his gift and thought that it’s too invaluable.

 

“I’m sorry Hyo. If you don’t like this. I’ll prepare something else for you—” Hyoyeon cut Kai off with a kiss on his lips.

 

The real reason behind that pout was because Hyoyeon was too touched by Kai. He’s the ever first guy that passed all the tests that were given by Kris and now he put in so much effort just for their first monthsary.

 

Hyoyeon broke the kiss and looked at Kai, “thank you so much, you have no idea how much I love you, Kai…”

 

Hyoyeon handed Kai his gift and Kai couldn’t keep his mouth closed. Hyoyeon got him a glass-made heartshape necklace with both their names crafted on it. It also wrote ‘Our first monthsary’. Kai felt that his gift was too cheap and insincere and felt sorry.

 

“You didn’t tell me you got me such an expensive gift.” Kai looked at Hyoyeon with his eyes full of sorrows.

 

“Wae?” Hyoyeon asked curiously.

 

“Ahh give me my gift back! I’ll buy you another one.” Kai tried to snatch all the envelopes back but Hyoyeon refused to give him.

 

“Why! Do you think your gift is too cheap? Kai, in my heart, your gift is the most expensive one because it is priceless. There are only 30 of these in this whole world!” Hyoyeon cupped Kai’s cheeks.

 

“I don’t care about the price, I care about sincerity. You get me?” Hyoyeon squished Kai’s cheeks and Kai nodded cutely.

 

“Thank you, baby.” Kai thanked her again and kept the necklace safely back into the small box.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

They both reached Kai’s apartment and the girl has been complaining that she’s hungry ever since she left the amusement park that they were both in to play for the whole day. Kai was driving and Hyoyeon was tossing and turning at the back passenger seats. The whole car was shaking because of her.

 

“Remember your manners, okay?” Kai warned Hyoyeon before they go in because his mother cares a lot about first impressions and manners. Hyoyeon nodded her head violently and rubbed her stomach.

 

“Omo, you must be Kai’s girlfriend!” Mrs Kim went forward to hug Hyoyeon.

 

“Ah, yes.” Hyoyeon smiled. “Hello, auntie, uncle.”

 

“You can sit around first; the last dish will be ready soon.” She smiled and told Kai to follow her to the kitchen.

 

Kai is helping his mom to get ready the plates and wash the utensils.

 

“Yah, is your girlfriend a Korean?” She asked and Kai can feel that it isn’t something good. It’s either she doesn’t like Hyoyeon, or she has a bad first impression of Hyoyeon.

 

“She is, but she was born in America and came back just a few months back.” Kai answered.

 

“No wonder… She looks so playful. I think you need to teach her some manners, look at what she is doing right now.” Kai looked towards the living room and saw Hyoyeon lying on the couch with her legs spread out widely, like how she always does at the dorm.

 

Kai quickly run to the living room and told Hyoyeon to sit properly like a girl would. He looked towards the kitchen and found his mom shaking her head. Kai knew Hyoyeon didn’t leave a good impression for his mom anymore and was worried.

 

“Hyo… Sit properly… Umma is not happy already…” Kai sat beside Hyoyeon.

 

“Ah wae? Your house is my house.” Hyoyeon folded her arms.

 

“Please… Behave throughout the dinner, okay? Do it for me…” Kai showed his cutest pout and most innocent eyes.

 

“Pch.” Hyoyeon then sit upright and cross her left leg over her right leg. Kai planted a kiss on her forehead and then went to the kitchen.

 

“Why? She’s not happy?” Mrs Kim asked and Kai quickly shook his head.

 

“Don’t have to lie to me. I can see it. Which kind of girls behave like this when she’s at her boyfriend’s house?” Mrs Kim shook her head and took the last dish to the dining table.

 

Mrs Kim put the plate onto the table and called for Hyoyeon while smiling happily, like she never had that conversation with Kai back in the kitchen just now. Hyoyeon too, showed her angelic smile and walked towards Mrs Kim like she never had that conversation with Kai just now.

 

Women sure have 2 faces… Pch.

 

Hyoyeon and Kai are seated next to each other while Mr and Mrs Kim are seated opposite them.

 

“So, Hyoyeon-ssi, what do you plan to do after you graduate?” Mr Kim asked.

 

Hm… He seems nicer and less strict than auntie.

 

“Please call me Hyoyeon,” Hyoyeon smiled and then answered him, “I plan to play for a few months first before working. I don’t know what do my parents want me to do but I’d like to work as a pharmacist or a nurse.”

 

“May I ask what do your parents work as?” Mrs Kim asked politely.

 

“My dad is the CEO of Kim Co. and my mom work as AVP in the same company. We do have a few office branches around the world and in Korea as well. The one in Korea is currently handled by my brother.” Hyoyeon was focused on eating while answering Mrs Kim.

 

Mrs Kim considered that as a disrespectful act while Mr Kim finds her cute. He had never seen a girl that brave enough to do this to his wife. Mr Kim knew that Hyoyeon is kind of a tigress when she’s angry, just like his wife. The 2 are probably cursing each other in their hearts right now.

 

“Erm… don’t you think you should stop eating for awhile?” Mrs Kim said, telling her that she should respect her and look into her eyes while talking to her.

 

“Why? I’m hungry!” Kai kicked Hyoyeon’s leg softly, signalling her to listen to his mother but Hyoyeon didn’t get that.

 

“Eat more then.” She said and Hyoyeon really did eat more. A whole lot more. She almost finished all the food on the table.

 

Since Hyoyeon was born in America, she was more open minded and straight forward. She doesn’t know much of Korea’s cultures as well. Also, she wasn’t used to those strict cultures since she does what she wants back in America and nobody dares to stop her because she throws tantrums a lot and behaves like a real princess.

 

“Are you sure you don’t need me to send you home?” Kai asked again while opening the door for Hyoyeon.

 

“Yeah. I have a car remember? I’ll just call you when I’m back.” Kai looked at Hyoyeon while she gets into the car.

 

“Remember to call me.” Kai reminded her again and watch her car drove out of his sight before going back in.

 

Kai went in and was greeted by his mom’s angry and annoyed face. He knew it was about Hyoyeon. His mom wasn’t fond of Hyoyeon.

 

“I don’t like that girl.” Mrs Kim said and folded her arms.

 

“What girl? Umma… She’s Hyoyeon, my girlfriend…” Kai slumbered next to his mom.

 

“Are you going to listen to me?” Mrs Kim said in an annoyed tone.

 

“I am… But I want you to accept Hyoyeon for who she is. She’s really a nice girl, you just have to spend some time with her.” Kai tried to persuade his mom for approval to his and Hyoyeon’s relationship.

 

“No, we are not going to accept that kind of girl. She’s a spoilt child, she doesn’t know how to respect her elders and she don’t even listen to what I say.” Mrs Kim stood up wanting to go back to her room but got stopped by her son.

 

“Umma… Please. I really love Hyoyeon. You just seen her today, and you are going to find her guilty already? I object!” Kai grabbed his mom’s wrist and refused to let go.

 

“Object overruled.” Mrs Kim said and walked away.

 

“Umma! I will never leave Hyoyeon!” Kai shouted and was sad that his mom didn’t approve their relationship.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

They finished their first paper for the finals, Kai and Hyoyeon were thinking of having lunch together first before separating. The couple wanted to spend more time with each other especially during this period where they both need each other’s encouragement to study harder and get good grades.

 

“What do you wanna eat?” Kai asked while slipping his fingers into Hyoyeon’s.

 

“Let’s go to the cafeteria nearby. I feel like having grilled fish.” Hyoyeon rubbed her hands together and her lips.

 

Both Kai and Hyoyeon doesn’t like talking about how they think they’ve done for their paper because even if they did not do well, they can’t change anything since what’s done cannot be undone.

 

Hyoyeon’s food was being served first so the girl started digging in. Kai got a phone call while waiting and saw that the caller was his mom. Kai told Hyoyeon that he’ll be outside of the cafeteria.

 

“Umma?”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“I’m having lunch with Hyoyeon after our first paper.”

 

“Didn’t I tell you I dislike that Hyoyeon girl? Come home right now.”

 

“But Umma, I can’t just leave Hyoyeon at the cafeteria alone…”

 

“If you don’t come home right now, I’ll take that as a sign of rebellious.”

 

“Okay okay. I’ll come back now.”

 

Kai sighed and before he pushes the glass door, he saw Hyoyeon eating while smiling on her own. He guesses that she really likes the food and the fish was well grilled. Kai didn’t want to leave Hyoyeon alone here but he doesn’t want to make his mom angry too.

 

“Baby, I have to go first…” Hyoyeon’s eyes widened.

 

“Wae?” Hyoyeon frowned and stopped eating. Kai knew Hyoyeon was upset.

 

“M—my mom is sick… She needs me now…” Kai stuttered. He is always not a good liar.

 

“Okay. You can go then. I’ll finish your food.” Hyoyeon resumed eating. She was angry but she didn’t want to put Kai in a hard spot.

 

“I’m sorry. Are you angry?” Kai asked carefully. He thought Hyoyeon was about to explode.

 

“No… Just go.” Hyoyeon stood up from her seat and pushed Kai out of the cafeteria. Kai knows for sure Hyoyeon is upset and angry.

 

After Kai left, the waiter served Kai’s order and she ordered more food. Eating always helps her forget everything for a moment. Hyoyeon called Taeyeon to join her for lunch and coincidentally, Taeyeon was hungry and is looking for a place to lunch at.

 

[Kai: I know you are angry babe… I’ll come pick you up after ensuring that my umma is fine, is that okay?]

[Hyoyeon: It’s okay. I already called Taeyeon over. Just stay with her.]

[Kai: I’ll see you at night? Please baby. : ( ]

[Hyoyeon: I want to study at night. You should study too.]

[Kai: I don’t care. Hyo you are more important than my studies. Please can we meet? I promise I won’t take up too much of your time.]

[Hyoyeon: Okay.]

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

“HYOOOOO!” Taeyeon’s voice was being heard throughout the whole cafeteria as soon as she arrives.

 

“Yea?” Hyoyeon was all the while eating while waiting for Taeyeon to reach.

 

“Where’s Kai?” Taeyeon asked, Hyoyeon didn’t mention anything about Kai when she was on the phone with Taeyeon.

 

“Home. His mom is sick and he needs to take care of her.” Hyoyeon replied without any emotions.

 

“Sick? You mean his mom?” Taeyeon asked, looking shocked.

 

“B—but… I saw Kai and his mom going to the restaurant near here…” Taeyeon said and Hyoyeon still didn’t look up.

 

“Oh? He lied to me?” Although Hyoyeon didn’t show much emotion, deep in her heart, she was upset that Kai lied to her. She started wondering why Kai used his mom as an excuse to leave first.

 

“Hey, you okay?” Taeyeon looked at Hyoyeon carefully and she knew Hyoyeon was upset that her boyfriend lied and even left her alone. “You know I’m always here for you, Hyobaby.” Hyoyeon looked up and her eyes full of sadness.

 

“I’m good. I’ll just ask him when we meet tonight.” Hyoyeon tried to act cheerful in front of her best friend and pushed a plate of food to Taeyeon but that did not work at all.

 

“This is your own relationship; I will not interfere, okay? But if you need shoulders to lean on, mine and Yuri’s shoulders are always here for you. We are just a phone call away.” Taeyeon rubbed the back of Hyoyeon’s palm and showed one of her most angelic smile that is rarely seen by others.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

“Umma… At least let me text Hyoyeon first… I’m really worried about her…” Kai was pacing back and forth around the living room.

 

Mrs Kim confiscated his keys and phone and refused to return it to him. She told him to come back so that she can bring him to a restaurant to meet a girl that she likes and have early dinner with the girl and her mom. Mrs Kim knew that this isn’t the right way to make Kai leave Hyoyeon but she had to. Kai was so head over heels for her and she just dislikes Hyoyeon that much.

 

“Go and change out of your uniform and I promise I will give you your phone back.”

 

Kai dashed to his room and came out within 3 minutes with a new outfit. He stretched out his hand waiting for his mom to hand him back his phone but Mrs Kim stood up and walked towards the door, gesturing Kai to follow her.

 

They both got into the car and Mrs Kim forced Kai to buckle up his seatbelt. Kai did as he was told just so that he can get his phone back and then he can know how Hyoyeon is doing. He didn’t even know what he was doing and just listened to his mom.

 

“Umma, where are we going?” Kai asked while waiting for his phone to switch on.

 

“Dinner. I better not see you use your phone later over dinner, if not I’ll break your phone into pieces and send you to overseas.” She warned and Kai nodded his head vigorously.

 

The restaurant they were at was 4 blocks down the café that Hyoyeon and Kai were at during lunch. It’s been more than an hour but Hyoyeon haven’t text Kai yet. The thought of running away from Mrs Kim and go and find Hyoyeon has crossed Kai’s mind but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Hyoyeon and his mom are both equally important to him.

 

“Kai, see that short black haired girl there? Go join her first. I need to go to the ladies.” Kai’s eyes widened and then shook his head.

 

Damn it. Another matchmake.

 

Aish.

 

“Umma… Why are you doing this without my consent again? I told you I only like Hyoyeon…” Kai whined but got pushed by his mom.

 

“You better not do anything funny.” Mrs Kim warned and then headed to the direction of the ladies.

 

Kai smiled when he was in front of the girl. She does look pretty but she isn’t Kai’s type. She looked like those that are quite princess type and very girly type. While Hyoyeon is the total opposite. Hyoyeon’s a tigress and a pabo.

 

“Hi. You must be Kai.” She stood up and bowed a little.

 

“Yes, I am. Hi.” Kai also did the same and the both of them sat down.

 

“I am Nicole. Nice to meet you.” Nicole stretched her hand towards Kai.

 

“Hi Nicole.” Kai replied coldly, clearly showing zero interest in her.

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Both Kai and Nicole’s moms are chatting away happily. It was 11PM by then and Kai knew he couldn’t meet Hyoyeon anymore. It’s too late; he doesn’t want Hyoyeon to come out at such timing. Kris may not let Hyoyeon out at such late timing too.

 

Kai took out his phone and used it under the table secretly, not wanting Mrs Kim to find out that he’s going to text Hyoyeon. When he unlocked his phone, Hyoyeon had texted him first and he wasn’t too happy when he saw the context.

 

[Hyoyeon: Are you still coming? I’m going to sleep -_-]

 

Tears were going to stream out of his eyes but he couldn’t. He held it in and then replies the text.

 

[Kai: Baby I’m sorry. I can’t make it tonight… I’m terribly sorry. : ( ]

[Hyoyeon: Okay. Goodnight.]

[Kai: Don’t you want to know the reason?]

[Hyoyeon: Talk tomorrow.]

 

I’m sorry Hyo…

 

I’ll make it up to you tomorrow.

 

I'm sorry that I had to screw up our date.

 

 

 

~*~*~

school's a burden.