Six

0.1

 

From: Unknown Number

To: Hyoyeon

Hi Hyoyeon-ssi. This is Luhan.

I think if I text you might be easier so you won’t have to see my tomato-like face hehe.

Would you like to have dinner with me tonight? : )

 

From: Hyoyeon

To: Luhan

Oh hello Luhan! Please call me Hyoyeon ^^

You’re so cute! Sure let’s have dinner together!

 

From: Luhan

To: Hyoyeon

Should I come and pick you up at your dorm? : )

 

From: Hyoyeon

To: Luhan

It’s fine Luhan, save the trouble ^^ Shall we meet at the gate at 7PM? : )

 

From: Luhan

To: Hyoyeon

Okay. I’ll see you there ^_^

 

“Hey, who are you texting with?” Taeyeon peeked at Hyoyeon’s phone.

“Luhan. He asked me out for dinner tonight.” Hyoyeon replied and drank a sip of her orange juice.

“Huh... But Yuri and I both think that you and Kai suit each other more.” Taeyeon pouted, as if Hyoyeon and Kai broke up when they never started.

Hyoyeon knocked on Taeyeon’s forehead, “Tae! I’m going to get angry if you keep talking about me and Kai. I already said we both have no feelings for each other.”

“You don’t have feelings, but how do you know he doesn’t have feelings for you?” Taeyeon said as she rubbed her forehead.

“Yeah, you never know since you’re stupid. HAHA.” Yuri added also earning a knock on her forehead.

“Seriously, I’m done with talking to the both of you.” Hyoyeon stood up and walked away while her 2 best friends chase after her.

“Okay okay! We’re sorry! But I can see Kai really likes you.” Taeyeon said seriously and Hyoyeon actually believed that for a second but waived that idea off her mind.

The 3 of them went back to their own dorm after a day’s lesson. Kai was not being seen in the dorm so Hyoyeon assumed that he’s having extra lessons or dance classes. She sat on the single couch and began to think about what Taeyeon said to her.

“9:57PM, I’m in love with Kim Hyoyeon aka Kim Paboyeon”

“Pabo! That’s only a dream do you actually think that it’ll come true?!” Hyoyeon talked to herself.

She dreamt that Kai confessed to her when she was sleeping last night but when she woke up everything was still the same.

 

 

 

 

 

 

6PM...

 

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon came out of the toilet with a DC T Star light yellow tank top and a denim shorts and was tying her hair into a bun since Luhan told her to wear something cooling and it’ll be a surprise as to where they are going for dinner.

When Hyoyeon was putting the things that she needed into her handbag, the door opened and it was a restless Kai in a sleeveless top and dancing pants.

 

 

Kai’s POV

 

 

I saw Hyoyeon standing in front of the mirror tidying up her hair and I could smell the shampoo scent on her body. Is she going out with someone?

“You’re going out??” I plucked up the courage to ask her.

“Yeah.” Short reply.

She even tried to look busy so that she won’t have to look at me. I know I’m wrong and I’m supposed to apologise to her for losing my temper on her.

“Where?” Kai! Why would you even care?!

“Erm... I’m going to have dinner with Luhan.” The . It’s only the second day they knew each other and now they’re going on a dinner date?!

Kai stop her!

Stop her from going to dinner with that Luhan guy!

She’s heading towards the door Kai stop her!!!

Damn it Kai open your damn mouth and speak!

she’s opening the door NOW SPEAK UP BEFORE IT’S TOOK LATE!!!

“HYO!” Oh yes. I grabbed her arm.

“Hm?” Hyoyeon looked at me with a curious face.

“C—can you... not have dinner with that Luhan guy?”

 

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

 

Is he telling me not to go and have dinner with Luhan?

I almost wanted to nod and say okay but I remembered I promised Luhan that I’ll have a meal with him.

I can’t break my promise.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because... I want to have dinner with you.” He said and looked shocked at his own answer. He opened his mouth again to add something. “I want to apologise to you for losing my temper on you yesterday.”

Oh... So it’s because of that..

Of course it’s because of that! Why do you think he wants to have dinner with you?!

Kim Hyoyeon don’t be crazy! There’s no way you’ll like him!

“Kai I’m sorry. I promised Luhan to have dinner with him. I don’t like to break my promise.”

“Please.. Can you break your promise for once, for me?” He held my hand and I felt something going through my body. I wasn’t sure what it was and I wasn’t sure if Kai felt it too.

“I’m sorry. I’ll come back as soon as possible okay?” I didn’t know why I promised him that, my heart just chose those words.

He let go of my hands reluctantly and opened the door for me. I wanted to apologise to him but he spoke even before I can say anything.

“I’ll wait for you to come back. H—have a nice dinner then.” Kai said.

He didn’t lift his head since I told him I don’t break my promises.

Is he upset?

Is he gonna cry?

Why did things become so awkward after the incident last night? I—I don’t get it. I just don’t. It’s like he’s not happy that I’m going to have dinner with Luhan.

That feeling that went through me when our hands touch is bothering me so much, I can’t stop thinking about it.

Is it actually possible that I like him? Or, he likes me? Or we both like each other?

NO! It’s impossible!

 

 

End of Hyoyeon’s POV

 

 

When Kai closed the door, he starts thinking about the things that could possibly happen to Hyoyeon and Luhan over their dinner. He got to admit that Luhan is actually a very good guy. He’s kind, he got the looks, he got the money, and he got everything that a girl wants.

Kai doesn’t want to lose to Luhan. Hyoyeon is actually the first girl that made Kai go head over heels for her. He wants to dote on a girl he loves too. But Luhan is a step ahead of him. Sometimes he hates himself for being such a coward and doesn’t dare to ask a girl out.

 

 

 

 

“Luhan, I didn’t know you have car!” Hyoyeon said as she looked at Luhan’s newly imported Chrysler gray car from Europe.

“C’mon get into the car so I can drive you around with my wife.” Luhan opened the passenger car for Hyoyeon.

 

 

Luhan’s POV

 

 

She’s really beautiful when I see her up close. She does look like an American, I can’t believe she’s a pure Korean.

Her brown eyes

Her blonde hair

Her cute eyesmiles

Her cute ears

Her beautiful lips

She is just perfect!

“Luhan, you have really pretty eyes!” She said and when I turned to her, she was looking at me straight into the eyes.

“T—thanks. Please don’t compliment me like this, I need to focus on my driving! Apparently there’s already a distraction for me.” I smiled.

“Hm? Where? What distraction?” She asked and looked around the road, cute.

“You. You’re the distraction. How can one not be distracted when a perfect girl is sitting beside that person?” I answered.

I can see her blush at my comment.

We’ve reached the place that I wanted to bring her to.

The park.

 

 

End of Luhan’s POV

 

 

The night breeze was a bit strong that night and Hyoyeon was shivering slightly due to the cold wind. Luhan noticed and felt sorry since it was him who asked her to wear something cooling.

“Sorry Hyoyeon, are you cold?” Luhan asked while getting out of the car.

“Just a little. It’s fine.” Hyoyeon smiled as she rubs her hands to keep them warm.

“Here, you can use my hoodie.” Luhan passed Hyoyeon his hoodie that he always has it in his car.

“Thank you.” Hyoyeon smiled while taking the hoodie from Luhan’s hands.

“Are we gonna have a picnic here?” Hyoyeon pointed at an empty spot under the tree.

“Yeah, do you like it?” Luhan asked, worrying that Hyoyeon might not like the idea of having a picnic.

“I do! It’s been a long time since I had a picnic.” Hyoyeon smiled and jumped a little. Luhan was relieved.

They both walked side by side to the empty spot that Hyoyeon pointed just now. There’s some family having a picnic as well since the weather is good.

Luhan told Hyoyeon to stand at a side while he does the setting. Hyoyeon wanted to help but Luhan insisted on her standing at the side first.

They both sat on the comfy green mat with some sandwiches, tomatoes, mango juice, gogumas, and salads. Luhan gave Hyoyeon a sandwich before getting one for himself. He always puts Hyoyeon first before himself.

“Do you like picnic?” Luhan started a conversation with Hyoyeon.

“I do. My family and I always had a picnic on Sunday back in America.” Hyoyeon smiled and ate a bit of the salad.

“I see.” Luhan nodded and soon silence was observed again.

“Luhan, is it true that you like me?” Hyoyeon asked all of a sudden. Luhan looked at her with his big eyes.

“I... I—I do.” Luhan was blushing and didn’t dare to look at Hyoyeon.

“Why?” Hyoyeon stopped eating and now they are looking at each other.

“You’re beautiful, talented, kind, and smart. You have everything a guy wants. I bet a lot of people like you too so I don’t think I stand a chance, right?” Luhan asked and his eyes showed a tinge of sadness.

“That’s not it, Luhan. You are actually very good looking too. Why not continue to look out for other girls? I’m sure there are girls who are better than me.” Hyoyeon said carefully, not wanting him to be sad.

“Hyoyeon, is there someone you like now?” Luhan asked.

“I’m not sure if I like that person or not... I’m still observing myself and him.” Hyoyeon answered.

“Well, I’ve been friend zoned haven’t I? If you can’t find someone, come back to me! I’ll be there for you 24/7.” Luhan raised his fist into the air.

“You’re really a cute boy, Luhan. Let’s be friends forever. I foresee a cute friendship ahead of us.” Hyoyeon held out her hand waiting for Luhan to shake. Luhan shook her hand and they both chatted for practically the whole night.

Just like that, they are closer with each other maybe because of their similar personalities and Hyoyeon find that Luhan is actually a very gentle and patient boy. A friend that is worth to make.

 

 

Luhan sent Hyoyeon back to her dorm and now they are standing outside the door to Hyoyeon’s dorm, ready to bid each other goodbye. Luhan told Hyoyeon that he’ll always be protecting Hyoyeon in silence and he hope to be Hyoyeon’s guy best friend in the future.

Hyoyeon nodded shyly and agreed that they will get closer with each other and there’s a chance of them being best friends. Luhan asked for a hug and Hyoyeon gave it to him. Luhan watched Hyoyeon into her dorm, Hyoyeon told Luhan to go first because she doesn’t like to close the door at people.

 

“You’re back. Do you have any idea how dangerous is it for a girl to be out until this timing?” Kai looked at Hyoyeon angrily.

“Luhan sent me back. Why are you worrying anyway? It’s not like you are my family or boyfriend.” Hyoyeon who was in a good mood didn’t want to quarrel with him.

“Will you stop saying that? I’m worried because I care for you.” Kai stood up and walked to Hyoyeon.

“Thanks then.” Hyoyeon answered coldly.

“Are you dating with Luhan already?” Kai asked as he followed Hyoyeon to the kitchen.

“Why do you care? So what if we are?” Hyoyeon answered without looking at him until Kai grabs her arm and turn her around to face him.

“Hyoyeon! Why are you being like this? Where’s the paboyeon that I know?!” Kai shook Hyoyeon and the girl was struggling to free herself from Kai’s grips.

“Let go of me Kai! My arms are hurting!” Hyoyeon hit Kai’s arms and the boy noticed that he was grabbing Hyoyeon’s arms too hard and let go immediately.

“I—I’m sorry. I just hate it when you give me sarcastic answers...” Kai apologised but Hyoyeon started to cry.

“You want to know why I’m being like this?” Hyoyeon looked at him as those salty liquids started forming in her eyes. “Then where’s the old Kai that I know? This new Kai isn’t the Kai that I know! You start to treat me coldly after you lose your temper on me that night. I seriously don’t know what to do with you! And why do you care if I’m dating Luhan? Aren’t you going to be the happiest? You don’t have to take care of everything for me anymore! So why do you care?” Tears start to roll down Hyoyeon cheeks and Kai was shocked that he made Hyoyeon cry.

“I—I’m sorry Hyo. I don’t mean to treat you this way. It’s just—“ Hyoyeon cut Kai off, “it’s okay. I’ll be at Taeyeon and Sunny’s dorm tonight.” Hyoyeon wiped her tears and took her handbag and went to Taeyeon and Sunny’s dorm.

 

 

Hyoyeon pressed the doorbell to Taeyeon’s dorm and the shorter girl was shocked that Hyoyeon came to her dorm and her eyes were bloodshot red and puffy.

Taeyeon knew that something big must have upset Hyoyeon because she had never seen Hyoyeon cry like this for more than 3 times. Hyoyeon’s a happy-go-lucky girl and usually nothing can upset her.

Taeyeon told Sunny to get a cup of water for Hyoyeon while she comforts the blonde girl.

.

.

.

“How dare him! Nobody ever dares to talk to our Kim Hyoyeon in this kind of tone! Don’t worry Hyoyeon! I’ll teach him a lesson tomorrow.” Hyoyeon told everything to Taeyeon in details without missing out anything. The brunette stood up and shouted. She was shocked that Kai treated Hyoyeon in that way.

“Taengoo... I’m so sad.” Hyoyeon pouted.

“Don’t be sad Hyo! Psh. That guy. He better watch out tomorrow.” Taeyeon hugged Hyoyeon. “Sunny!” Taeyeon called for her short friend.

“Let’s give Kai a lesson tomorrow for making our Hyobaby cry!” Taeyeon did a fighting sign to Sunny and Hyoyeon laughed at her best friend.

“I’m in! I’m the best at pranking people for Nintendo’s sake. Tae! Write the plan down and we’ll tell Yul tomorrow!” Just like that, Sunny also joined the ‘Prank Team’ for tomorrow.

Hyoyeon knew Yuri will have the same reactions as Taeyeon and was more than grateful that she has such best friends that will protect her and be by her side 24/7.

She smiled to sleep that night, although she is still feeling horrible because of the quarrel she had with Kai.


Just wanted to post this up before I die go rest because my head is killing me

have a nice weekend

P/S: comments are appreciated!