Seven

0.1

 

“Ugh what the ? Not another prank... This is like the 8th prank today? Seriously who’s that person!?” Kai just finished working out at the gym and went to his locker to get his bag. He took out his phone and found out that his phone language was changed to a foreign one.

He pulls out the card in the middle and found a small note by the person who pranks him.

Come to the field if you want to know who keeps on pulling pranks on you for the whole of today.

We dare to do it, we got the guts to admit.

We promise we’ll be there.

Kai was glad that he gets to know who had been pulling pranks on him. He just wants to know the reason. Kai bid goodbye to his senior, Yunho and went straight to the field to find out who is it.

When he reached the field, there were 3 girls who had a roll of kimbap each on their hands. They were squatting down while fanning themselves under the scorching hot sun.

Are they the one pulling pranks on me?

“Taeyeon, Yuri, Sunny?” Kai looked down at the 3 girls. They stood up and smirked at him.

“Yes, we are the one who did all the pranks to you.” Taeyeon said and she could see Kai’s eyes widened.

“Why? Did I offend anyone of you?” Kai asked.

“The one that you offended is not here.” Sunny said while taking another bite of her kimbap.

“Then who is it?” Kai carried his backpack.

“You still dare to ask who it is?!” Yuri stuffed her roll of kimbap into Kai’s mouth.

“Do you know how sad Hyoyeon was last night?! She told us everything! You’re a guy, how can you do this to a girl?” Taeyeon said and stuffed another kimbap into his mouth.

“Yeah! She kept on crying you know!” Sunny said but she took another bite instead of stuffing it into Kai’s mouth.

“Bunny, why are you not stuffing it into his mouth?!” Taeyeon nudged Sunny who was still chewing.

“Yah! I made this kimbap okay!” Sunny showed her aegyo and Kai just laughed at her.

“I—I’m really sorry okay... I wanted to apologise to her last night but she went out for dinner with Luhan instead.. and I was worried about her safety since she came home very late and I just... lose my temper on her again.” Kai looked down and felt really sorry.

“Don’t tell us this, tell those to Hyoyeon. You better not make her cry anymore, if not Tao and I will wushu your , okay?!” Yuri punched him on the shoulder.

“By the way, we wanna ask you something.” Sunny said, “do you like our Hyoyeon?” Kai blushed upon hearing that question.

“I—I guess I do..” Kai rubbed the back of his neck.

“Don’t guess. Do you like or not?” Taeyeon said with a serious face on.

“I like her.” Kai said and the 3 girls jumped up and down together. They were even holding their hands and run around in circles.

“Confess to her soon yo!” Sunny punched Kai in his chest.

“Can you please keep this a secret...?” Kai asked shyly. The 3 girls nodded and continue their ‘celebration’.

They went back to their own dorms, with the 3 girls not even feeling a little apologetic for the guy. It’s been a long time since they did all those crazy pranks to people. They even made a promise to each other that they will do it again next time, but with Hyoyeon too.

Hyoyeon was waiting for Taeyeon and Sunny at their dorm as they both gave Hyoyeon a spare key. The door was opened and Hyoyeon rushed to her 2 short friends.

“Hey guys! You haven’t tell me what did you do to Kai today..” Hyoyeon showed her cutest pout to her friends.

“Okay okay, sit down and we’ll let you see the list that we planned last night.” Sunny calmed Hyoyeon down and sat beside her on the couch.

“Here.” Taeyeon handed Hyoyeon the list.

 

  1. Spread melted chocolate onto his socks
  2. Cut the soles on his shoes
  3. Glue his headphones together
  4. Cut a hole in his bag
  5. Add food colourings in the water in his water bottle
  6. Paint the tips of his pens and paint his pencils with clear nail polish
  7. Hide strong scented air fresheners in his locker
  8. Take his phone and change the language to a foreign language

 

“What?! You guys really did all these to him!?!?!?” Hyoyeon looked at them shockingly.

“Yeah. His reactions were damn funny like oh my god!” Taeyeon laughed her ahjumma laugh.

“Omg. Okay girls that’s enough. Don’t do anymore pranks to him.” Hyoyeon said to them seriously. Her heart softens and starts to feel bad for Kai.

“Wae? Worrying for your soon-to-be boyfriend?” Taeyeon teased Hyoyeon and earned a slap on her arm.

Hyoyeon went back to her dorm to check on Kai. Although she is still mad at Kai for talking to her in that kind of tone but she still feels sorry for him.

When the girl opens the door, she saw Kai cooking in the kitchen. It smells of Hyoyeon’s favourite Bolognese and mushroom soup. Hyoyeon smiled but pretend to look mad when Kai turns around.

“Hyo you’re back!” Kai ran to her with his apron still on.

Hyoyeon took out a notepad and a pen from her bag and starts to write something on it.

Of course I’m back. Do you think I would shamelessly keep staying in Taeyeon’s dorm?

She passed the notepad to Kai and he immediately grabbed a notepad and a pen from his table and started writing too.

I’m really sorry Hyo. I deserve all those pranks. I shouldn’t lose my temper on you. Forgive me?

Kai passed it to Hyoyeon and the girl walked to her bed and sat down. Kai went to turn off the stove and went to in front of Hyoyeon.

My name is Hyoyeon. Not Hyo. Only people close with me can call me Hyo. And why should I forgive you?

Hyoyeon passed the note to Kai and the boy was disappointed because Hyoyeon wrote only people close with her can call her Hyo.

Does that mean that we are not close?? : ( I’m really sorry... Can you forgive me? I promise I won’t make you sad or angry again! Please……….

Kai passed the note to Hyoyeon and when she looks up, Kai showed his cutest pout. Hyoyeon giggled and start to write again.

I see that you’ve cooked something. Let me taste them and I’ll consider forgiving you.

Kai read the note and immediately rushed to the kitchen to get the food for Hyoyeon. The girl laughed at the cute guy and went to sit at the dining table.

They both sat at the dining table with Kai staring at Hyoyeon eating the food that he cooked for her. Hyoyeon looked up occasionally but look back down immediately. The blonde girl felt uncomfortable and decided to break the silence first.

“Don’t think that I will forgive you just because you’ve cooked me my favourite food.” Hyoyeon gave a cute glare and then ate another mouthful of her bolognese.

“Oh! You finally talked to me! I’m so happy Hyo! Yeon...” Hyoyeon glared at Kai again for calling her Hyo.

“Considering the effort that you’ve put in for these 2 dishes, you’re forgiven.” Hyoyeon flipped her hair dramatically.

“REALLY?!?!!? OMG!” Kai was so happy that he jumped up from his seat.

“Do you hate me?” Hyoyeon asked when Kai calmed down a bit from his excitement.

“For what? There’s no reason to hate a beautiful girl like you.” Kai said and blushed.

“Psh. Don’t need to keep telling me I’m pretty. I know it.” Hyoyeon flipped her hair again causing Kai to roll his eyes on her.

“Anyway, you’re cute when you’re angry but cuter when you are not.” Hyoyeon took it as a compliment and flipped her hair for the nth time today.

After eating, Kai was washing the plates while Hyoyeon sat at the table drinking a cup of chrysanthemum tea. Hyoyeon also took out a book that Kris bought for her a few weeks back.

Kai joined Hyoyeon at the table after doing the dishes and he stared at the girl while she reads her book. It became a daily routine for Kai, to daydream about Hyoyeon every day.

“Kai? KAI!” Hyoyeon waved her hand in front of Kai’s face.

“YES?!” Kai rubbed his ears and looked at Hyoyeon.

“Is there something on my face? You keep on staring at me!” Hyoyeon squished her face to feel if there’s anything on her cheeks.

Kai smiled when she saw Hyoyeon’s puffed cheeks, “Hyoyeon, I want to tell you something.” Kai said and didn’t dare to look up.

“Uhm.” Hyoyeon nodded and looked at Kai, telling him that she is listening.

There were a few minutes of silence before Kai decided to pluck up the courage and confess to Hyoyeon. He stretched his hand and looked for Hyoyeon’s. Kai held Hyoyeon’s right hand and the girl was shocked.

“W—what are you doing Kai?” Hyoyeon looked at Kai’s hand which was on top of hers.

“I like you, Hyoyeon. You’ve been on my mind for weeks now. I know I’m a coward for not confessing to you and keep on getting jealous at every guy you talked to. That also explains why I lose my temper on you.” Kai said and his eyes were filled with sincerity.

“Then why don’t you tell me? You can send a text to me, or write a letter to me! Even though handwritten letters are old fashioned, I do like them you know!” Hyoyeon pouted and looked away from Kai.

“I promise I will let you feel like a real princess. You don’t have to worry about anything; I’ll do everything for you. Really! W—will you be my girlfriend??” Kai held Hyoyeon’s hand even tighter.

“Yah, if every guy comes up to me and confess and I have to accept them, won’t I be very busy? I mean, I have a long queue of guys waiting for me from my house at America all the way to Busan you know. Why should I be your girlfriend?” Hyoyeon blushed but didn’t let Kai see it.

“Then what do you want me to do so that you’ll be my girlfriend? I promise I’ll never make you angry, sad or disappointed. I’ll only make you happy!” Kai ran beside Hyoyeon and sat next to her.

“Hm... From what I remember, you’re the 4562451st person on my “people who confessed to me” list. I have to consider the 4562450th person in front of you first. Oh my, I’m so busy.” Hyoyeon flipped her hair again.

“Won’t you consider me first?? I’ve cooked so many good foods for you, play with you, and bring you out to play.” Kai decided to play along and pouted.

“That will depend on how you treat me for the next 2 weeks!” Hyoyeon stood up and walked to her bed with Kai following her behind.

“Does that mean that you’ll be my girlfriend after 2 weeks???” Kai asked and a smile crept on his face.

“It depends! Now, I want to sleep. Do not disturb me.” Hyoyeon shot a glare at him and Kai playfully saluted her.

“Yes madam!”

 

 

 

 

 

The next day...

 

 

 

 

 

“What???!!? You didn’t accept him!?” Taeyeon cupped both of Hyoyeon’s cheeks and shook Hyoyeon’s head from left to right. They were having free periods in the classroom since the teacher was absent for that day.

“Yah! I need to know my feelings for him clearly first before accepting him!” Hyoyeon slapped Taeyeon’s hands away and rub her reddened cheeks.

“You clearly love him! What’s there to know about?!” Yuri sat next to Taeyeon and also grabbed Hyoyeon’s cheeks.

“Will you both stop grabbing my damn cheeks?!” Hyoyeon slapped Yuri’s hands away.

“Anyway, I need to double confirm if he really loves me or not. It’s just a test for him!” Hyoyeon said.

“Gosh, I think that’s the first time Kai got rejected by a girl.” Taeyeon said and shook her head.

“Yah, it’s every guy’s honour to get rejected by me.” Hyoyeon said and smirked.

“Yes yes, our dear princess.” Yuri fake laughed.

“Anyway, even if I accept Kai, I don’t know if my oppa will accept him or not. Remember Justin?” Hyoyeon asked.

Yuri and Taeyeon both nodded, “uhm, that guy who got put up on top of the water fountain in your school in America by Kris oppa?”

“Yeah. I’m afraid Kris oppa will do that after knowing I’m in a relationship with Kai.” Hyoyeon pouted.

“Don’t worry, there’s no water fountain here.” Taeyeon said earning a knock on her forehead.

“Are you a pabo? Did you forget Kris oppa always have his own ways of dealing with boys who tries to get close with Hyo?” Yuri said.

“Woah... Having an oppa like Kris oppa is so good...” Taeyeon acted like she’s in love with Kris. LOL

“Let’s just see~” As Hyoyeon replied, the bell rang and they went for their break before continuing with their lessons.

 

 

 

 

 

After school...

 

 

 

 

 

Kai ended his lesson five minutes earlier and now he found himself standing outside Hyoyeon’s classroom waiting for her soon-to-be girlfriend Hyoyeon. He got a slice of strawberry cake for her.

Again, he saw Hyoyeon paying full attention to her teacher and began to study her again. Kai smiled whenever he sees Hyoyeon nodding her head, telling the teacher that she understood that part and jot it down in her notebook.

Hardworking girl...

“Class, you’re dismissed!” Kai heard the teacher said and the students one by one went out of the classroom. Hyoyeon was of course the last one, she likes to pack her stuffs neatly into her bag without messing them up.

Kai saw Hyoyeon walking towards the door and he quickly went to her.

“Oh! Why are you here?” Hyoyeon asked, she was actually happy that Kai waited for her outside her classroom.

“Let me carry your bag for you.” Kai offered and Hyoyeon handed her bag over to Kai. The boy carried it in front of him and now he have his bag behind and Hyoyeon’s bag in front.

“Aigo, look at them, behaving like a couple already. Hehehe.” Taeyeon and Yuri who was walking behind them chuckled.

Kai had his arm over Hyoyeon’s shoulders and the girl would poke Kai’s ribs which the both of them assume that Hyoyeon was shy and embarrassed. Hyoyeon was also eating the cake that Kai bought for her.

“Wanna go to the amusement park?” Hyoyeon nodded and asked Taeyeon and Yuri if they wanna join but they both had their own plans. More like they don’t want to be extras. The four of them bid goodbye and went separate ways.

 

 

Kai and Hyoyeon reached the amusement park; Hyoyeon was patiently standing by the gate, waiting for Kai to buy the tickets. She was also deciding which ride to go to first, and which the last is. She mentally noted down in her mind and smiled to herself.

“Let’s go!” Kai held Hyoyeon’s hand and led her into the amusement park. Hyoyeon was blushing at their skinship.

After all the rides that Hyoyeon wanted to ride, this is the last ride that is on Hyoyeon’s mind. The ‘Gigantic Swing’ which only allows 2 people to ride at a time. Of course, it will be like a swing that will swing back and forth like a normal swing at the park but this will be above the grounds.

“Ready, let’s launch!” That signals the start of the ride and of course the both of them wasn’t scared at all since they both adore rides like this.

During the middle of the ride, Kai shouted held Hyoyeon’s hand and shouted, “KIM HYOYEON! I LOVE YOU! FOREVER AND EVER!” After Kai shouted that, he looks at Hyoyeon to find the girl’s eyes teary.

The both of them got down from their seats and several people in charge both said that they heard what Kai yelled on top just now and the both of them blushed. Surprisingly, none of them corrected the people that they’re not a couple.

“Yah, did you bring me to the amusement park just to yell that?!” Hyoyeon blushed remembering when they were on the Gigantic Swing.

“Do you want that to be the reason why I bring you here?” Kai winked at the girl.

“Do I look like I care? Hehe let’s go home~!” This time, Hyoyeon held Kai’s hand and they both walked home together, hand in hand.

“You do look like you care. So tell me, do you actually care?” Kai kept on teasing the girl.

“I said I don’t care!” Hyoyeon stuck out her tongue and ran away from Kai. They both chased each other until they reached their dorm.

 

 

Hyoyeon was seated on the single couch fanning herself because they really did ran from the amusement park back to their dorm. Kai got her a cup of iced water.

“Can I call you Hyo?” Kai asked as he sat on his bed in front of Hyoyeon.

“Well...” Hyoyeon pretended to be thinking hard.

“Pleaseeeee...” Kai pleaded and pouted.

“Show me your aegyo and I’ll let you call me Hyo.” Hyoyeon giggled and imagined Kai doing aegyo.

“Ugh. You really do know my weakness huh?!” Kai stretched out his hand and pinched Hyoyeon’s cheek.

“Here I go, don’t melt.” Kai straightened his shirt and cleared his throat.

“Bbuing Bbuing~~~~” Kai put his fists to his cheeks and made a cute pout. After doing that, he immediately covered his face from embarrassment.

“Woah! That’s cute but too bad I didn’t melt!” Hyoyeon stuck out her tongue again.

“That’s good, you shouldn’t be melting now because there’ll be more chances for you to melt at my cuteness.” Kai said and Hyoyeon pretended to be vomiting.

“Yay! I can call you Hyo now! Hyo Hyo Hyo Hyo Hyo!” Kai was jumping and rolling around his bed. Hyoyeon laughed at his cuteness.

Looks like I really have more chances to melt at your cuteness in the future.

“Hyo! 13 more days to go, and I can proudly call you my girlfriend!” Hyoyeon blushed at the sudden comment by Kai.

Will the dream come true? Will the dream that Kai confessed to me come true?


Pabo hyo, that's not a dream ㅋㅋㅋ

well, enjoy!

Let me know what you think of this story~

P/S: sorry for any grammar/mistakes!