One

0.1

 

A young man and a young lady were seen walking out from the immigration gate and towards the taxi stand. Kris and Hyoyeon whom just arrived at Korea from America, their parents were still doing business in America and let their 2 kids come back to Korea since their main office is at America.

Hyoyeon – The ideal type in many boys’ eyes. Even the girls wanted to be like her, perfect in every way and perfect in everything she does. She may be a little bit stupid but that surely makes her annoyingly cute. She dislikes aegyo but when she does it, it’s disgustingly cute.

Kris – Same goes for him, the ideal type in many girls’ eyes, to those who are not close with him, he is a cold, rude person. But to those who are close with him, he’s a cute, shy and sweet person, and definitely a fun person to be with.

“Oppa, where are we going to stay?” Hyoyeon asked Kris while waiting for the taxi.

“Daddy said he had a condo for us here.” Kris answered and after a few minutes there was a taxi and they both went in.

“This address.” Kris showed the driver his phone where the address was noted down.

-

They arrived at their condo and Hyoyeon went to explore the place while Kris brought in their luggage. Hyoyeon who was done exploring sat on the couch and told Kris to join her and have something to discuss with him.

“Oppa, I will be staying at the dorm in the university from tomorrow onwards. Yuri said she found me a room already.” Hyoyeon said to her brother.

“What? No.” Kris said, he is still worried about his muddleheaded sister.

“Please...I want to take care of myself. You need to work so in the end it’s still I alone in this house. Yuri and Taeyeon are also staying in the dorm..” Hyoyeon pouted and showed her innocent eyes.

“Even if I allow you, grandma won’t allow.” Kris said.

“Oppa~~~ Please~” Hyoyeon pouted again and cling onto Kris.

“No.” Kris answered and stood up.

“OPPA! I’M SERIOUSLY GOING TO CRY!” Hyoyeon had her arms across her chest and showed her angry face. Now she looks like an angry bird.

“It’s for you own good, Hyo. How will you take care of yourself if you live on your own? Do you know how to cook? Do you know how to iron your clothes? Do you know how to do laundry? Do you know to clean up your room?” Kris said while pouring a cup of water.

“If I don’t learn now, when will I get to learn on how to take care of myself?” Hyoyeon said.

“I can’t decide anything on this. Tell grandma when she comes. She should be reaching soon.” Kris went to his room to unpack his stuffs.

Hyoyeon really hoped that her grandma will agree to let her stay at the dorm. Her whole family pampers her a lot and don’t even let her enter the kitchen while they’re cooking, saying that there isn’t a need to for her to learn cooking yet. Everything was done by their maid for her. She doesn’t have to do anything. Hyoyeon only learned how to tie her shoelaces at the age of 15. And that’s only tying her shoelaces. Even though she is 22 now, she still doesn’t know how to iron her clothes or do laundry. Or even the most basic thing – to turn on the stove.

Hyoyeon always wanted to be independent and do things on her own but her family always says no. Say no to letting her work, say no to letting her learn how to cook, say no to letting her iron her clothes, say no to letting her take bus to school.

It was 5pm, Kris and Hyoyeon’s grandmother arrived at their house. Hyoyeon went to open the door and she was greeted by a hug from the elder.

“Grandma!!” Hyoyeon shouted and hugged her tightly.

“Aigo our Hyoyeon, how have you been? It’s been a long time since I saw you.” She kissed on Hyoyeon’s cheek and went to hug Kris, her grandson.

“Hey Kris, a big boy now. I always expect you to take care of your little sister okay?” She said and Kris nodded. Same thing, she planted a kiss on Kris’ cheek and they told her to take a seat at the couch.

Hyoyeon sat beside her grandmother and was nervous on asking her if she can stay at the dorm. Kris poured a cup of water for their grandmother and sat at the end of the couch. Hyoyeon looked at her grandma and somehow the elder noticed that her granddaughter has something to say, so she took the first move.

“Why? Have something to tell me? Not enough money to use?” She said and laughed. Their grandmother was ready to take out her wallet but Hyoyeon stopped her and shook her head.

“Grandma...Can I stay at the university’s dorm?” Hyoyeon finally popped the question.

“Dorm? That means you won’t be coming home?” She said and widened her eyes. Hyoyeon nodded.

“No, you can’t.” She shook her head.

“Please..I want to learn how to take care of myself!! I’m already 22 and I still don’t know how to turn on the stove!! My friends will laugh at me...” Hyoyeon pouted.

“What’s not good about being taken care of? At least you don’t have to worry about what your friends have to worry!” Their grandmother said.

“Please? I promise you can come whenever you want and I will still be okay!” Hyoyeon pleaded again, this time she can see her grandma’s gaze soften.

“You sure?” She asked and Hyoyeon kept nodding her head.

“Kris, are you okay with it?” She asked her grandson.

“Yep, as long as you agree to it. I’ll visit her regularly.” Kris reassured his grandmother.

“Okay then. I want you to be happy too. If you need any help, call me or your brother okay? If you need money, tell us too, okay?” Hyoyeon nodded and planted a kiss on her grandma’s cheek.

“I’ll be going first. Tomorrow is your first day of school; make sure you have enough rest. I’ll visit you soon. Be sure to tell me where is your dorm and your dorm number.” Hyoyeon nodded again and smiled happily.

 

-

“Hyobaby...wake up.” Kris nudged his sister and but the girl didn’t move at all.

“You’re gonna be late for school~” Kris nudged his sister again.

“Uhm...” Hyoyeon groaned and then got out of bed to wash up. Kris just laughed at his cute sister.

“Here, your breakfast.” Kris made western breakfast for himself and Hyoyeon, as usual.

“Eat slowly. I’ll bring your luggage to my car first.” Kris said and Hyoyeon pointed where her luggage was. He nodded and went down first.

After Hyoyeon finished her breakfast, she went down to her brother’s car and she received a phone call from her best friend, Yuri.

“My dear girl, where are you?!”

“I’m going to school now~ wait for me at the front gate.”

“Okay okay~ Taeyeon wanted to see you, ugh.”

“That midget hahaha. Have she grown taller?”

“Nope. You better be quick! I’m gonna die of her whininess.”

“Hahaha, see you.”

 

They reached Hyoyeon’s school and Yuri, Taeyeon and Tao were already waiting for her by the gate. Kris carried Hyoyeon’s bag and luggage to the gate and asked if he needs to bring them in for her, “need me to bring in for you?”

“Nope, I can carry them on my own.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“wow, your brother is still as cool as ever...” Taeyeon looked at Kris like an idiot.

“Hahaha Taeyeon, you’re still the same, am I still your idol?” Kris joked and asked Taeyeon.

“Omo, of course you are!!!” Taeyeon then hugged Kris like a fangirl who saw her oppar.

“I need to go now, call me when you finish tidying your room and I will bring grandma to visit you.” Hyoyeon nodded and bid Kris goodbye.

Hyoyeon then turned to Yuri and Tao, “you are kungfu xiongmao?” Hyoyeon looked at Tao and a huge smile appears on her face, “hi!!!! Omo, you do look like a xiongmao.” Hyoyeon joked.

“I get that a lot.” Tao smiled, knowing that Yuri might have told her about them being a couple.

“Hyo, did you forgot about me already? I’ve been here trying to get your attention since forever!!” Taeyeon pretended to cry and doesn’t want to face Hyoyeon.

“You stupid midget, still so dramatic.” Hyoyeon grabbed Taeyeon by her neck and hugged her.

“Let’s bring you to your dorm.” Yuri said and then told Tao to carry Hyoyeon’s luggage and bag for her since she knows how princess Hyoyeon is.

“I’m not staying with you guys?!” Hyoyeon asked when Yuri told her that her room is directly below hers.

“Nope, sorry Hyo. I’m staying with Tao and Tae’s staying with her dorm mate Sunny.” Yuri said.

“Then am I rooming with anyone? My brother and grandmother will kill me if they know I’m not staying with anyone of you!” Hyoyeon started to panic because she knows very well that she can’t live on her own for the time being.

“Yes, you’re rooming with Kai, a super handsome boy!” Yuri said excitedly and then Tao pretend to clear his throat, reminding her that her boyfriend is still there. They then continued to walk to Hyoyeon’s dorm.

“Don’t worry, Kai is a good guy, he’s my best friend!” Tao said and smiled his signature smile.

“Hyo, this is your dorm room. Tae and Sunny’s dorm room is just there.” Yuri pointed and Hyoyeon nodded, luckily it’s just 3 units away from hers.

“Thanks guys.” Hyoyeon thanked them and after Yuri handed her the keys, they parted to their respective dorms to get ready for school which is in about an hour’s time.

When Hyoyeon went into her dorm, there wasn’t anybody at home but there were stuffs on one of the study table. She supposed her roommate is still there. Hyoyeon put her luggage at a side and sat on the bed, testing its softness. She was lying on her bed with her legs spreaded widely and her shirt was lifted up, showing her stomach.

Hyoyeon was rolling on the bed and forgot that the bed wasn’t the one she had at home, in America, the kind size bed that she used to sleep in. She instantly forgot about how small the bed is as she rolled on the bed and fell down on the floor, kissing with the floor.

After getting up from the floor, a guy half , without clothes came out from the toilet and was wiping his wet body. Hyoyeon who was super shocked grabbed the pillow nearest to her.

“HYOMG! WHO ARE YOU?!” Hyoyeon grabbed a pillow and almost threw it at the guy.

“I’m the student that lives here, obviously.” He said coldly and put on his uniform.

“That means...he is my roommate?! OMG..” Hyoyeon talked to herself and she was thinking of how her grandmother and Kris’ reactions would be that she’s rooming with a guy.

“You are Kai?” Hyoyeon boldly asks, although she is scared by his cold appearance.

A nod.

“Oh..Hi. I am Hyoyeon.” Hyoyeon introduced herself but Kai just nodded and continue to eat his breakfast and back faced Hyoyeon.

“Oh, time to change into my uniform!” Hyoyeon talked to herself excitedly and searches for her uniform in her luggage.

Hyoyeon looked at the mirror and tidied up her pony tail, “all done. Time to find Yuri and the others and report to class!” Hyoyeon encouraged herself and took her keys, wore her sneakers and opened the door but forgot to take her school bag, the most important thing for school.

Hyoyeon opened the door and was ready to go out but she heard Kai called her name, “Hyopaboyeon” Kai said.

“Huh?” Hyoyeon was confused.

“Do you go to school without your bag?” He asked and pointed at the green backpack lying on the bed.

“Oh geez! I forgot about it, normally it was Mari who will help me with it.” Hyoyeon said and thanked Kai before heading out again.

“Lol, someone can even forget to bring her bag to class?” Kai laughed and continue to eat his noodles.

 

-

 

In class

“Hey Hyo!” Taeyeon went to her friend, Hyoyeon saw a girl around their height with a beautiful smile beside Taeyeon.

“I’m Sunny!” Sunny introduced herself and smiled brightly.

“Hi, I am Hyoyeon.” Hyoyeon also smiled and bowed a little.

“Taeyeon talked to me about you a lot.” Sunny said while Hyoyeon glared at Taeyeon.

“Eesh, I’m not afraid of that stupid glare. Anyway, how’s your room mate?” Taeyeon asked.

“I’m a little bit scared of him since he doesn’t smile and he’s a little bit cold to me. I swear my brother and grandmother will kill me if they know I’m rooming with a guy.” Hyoyeon said.

“Anyway, I think he’s quite kind-hearted...He reminded me to bring my bag when I forgot to take my bag with me this morning.” Hyoyeon was embarrassed just by thinking back about this morning.

“WHAT?! How can someone forget to take her bag to school?” Sunny asked and was laughing really hard.

“Aye, you don’t know her. She’s a real princess. She doesn’t even carry her own school bag.” Taeyeon said.

“Wow, so cool...I bet you’re rich, then why are you staying in the dorm?” Sunny asked again.

“She really doesn’t know how to enjoy but she just came back from America and she likes to be independent.” Taeyeon explained on behalf of Hyoyeon.

“Being independent is good; at least I don’t have to always depend on somebody.” Hyoyeon said and was happy that she can live on her own.

“We all will wish we are like her, born in such great family and being treated like a princess but we are not...sigh.” Taeyeon the dramatic queen sighed again.

The teacher came in and they have to stop chatting and wait for lunch time. Hyoyeon was concentrating in class well but she can hear Taeyeon’s babbling every time and have to tell her to keep quiet. Taeyeon was scared of Hyoyeon who was being serious and immediately stopped whining whenever Hyoyeon turns and glare at her.

Finally, it was lunch time. Yuri, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were at the café and they already decided what to eat except for Hyoyeon. She didn’t know what to eat neither does she knows how to order, she had never ordered any food by herself since young.

“What do you wanna eat? Let me buy for you~ I know you don’t know how to order yet.” Yuri said and showed Hyoyeon the menu.

Hyoyeon nodded, she was grateful to have her best friends by her side every time, “I’ll eat what you eat.”

Yuri nodded and went ahead to order their foods.

“Man, I can’t believe you still don’t know how to order your own food yet, you’re freaking 22!” Taeyeon mocked Hyoyeon again. No way will she waste this chance of teasing her.

Hyoyeon threw the napkin at her but someone caught her attention, and it was Kai. Kai was eating with Tao, and 2 other guys. They look like they are good friends so Hyoyeon decided to ask Yuri about them since Tao’s Yuri’s boyfriend.

“Yul, who’s the other 2 guys sitting with them?” Hyoyeon asked.

“The one eating a steamed bun is called Xiumin. They always and call him baozi since he likes buns a lot. The other guy is called Chanyeol. He’s always the prank victim among them. They like to bully him and pull his ears and said he looks like a monkey.” Yuri told Hyoyeon and the blonde girl only nodded and found them interesting.

The usual gossiping between the 3 of them continues. From which guy is hot in this school to handsome teachers to how stupid Hyoyeon is to how short Taeyeon is to how tanned Yuri is and so on and so forth. The 3 girls really have endless stuffs to gossip about.


First chapter!

I hope you like it ;)

Please comment to let me know how is it ya?

bya bya~