Awkward Anger

Crossing Parallels 「HIATUS」

 

Minho felt chills as thick morning air hit his face. Eun was seeking for a cigarette in her pockets and in the car. When she finally found the pack she lit one of the ciggarettes and took a deep inahle of the smoke, as if finally finding peace. Minho stood next to her and watched her satisfied face. She offered him the white ashing stick and he shook his head.

"I'm a singer, I can't." – He stated while looking at the road. He noticed a car coming towards them. He grinned and waved, making Eun look at him surprised for a second before she also noticed Jonghyun's car speeding down the highway.

"Dammit, finally.." – She threw the cigarette to the ground and tied her long black hair into a ponytail. Jonghyun's car stopped immediately and he got out of the car.

"How do I understand this man! We have recording in a couple of hours!" – He walked up to Minho and looked at him angrily. Minho saw another person getting out of the car. So they made up at last, he thought, seeing Amber walk up to them.

"Eun!" – She ran up to the girl and wanted to hug her but Eun showed no interest in being social.

"Give me your phone for a second." – Eun held her hand out and waited for Amber to put the phone into it. Amber frowned a little, looking slightly offended, but soon she smiled and gave Eun the phone. The other kept her straight and cold face and walked away dialing a number.

"Minho what happened? How did you guys appear here?" – Asked Amber when she turned to the guys. Jonghyun was talking sonstop about how angry and worried he was when he couldn't find Minho in the morning, but Minho seemed to be indifferent to him, he was looking at Eun, who was on phone. – "Yah, Minho." Amber pushed his arm slightly and it felt as if he snapped back to reality. He looked at the short haired girl.

"What? What's wrong?" – He asked Amber, who was examining his face.

"You tell me, what's wrong with you?" – She said snapping her fingers in front of his face. – "I can't understand what's going on, why are you even here?"

"Yeah, dude. We've been worying you know? I have no idea what to do with you anymore." – Jonghyun said standing beside Amber.

Minho ignored both of them and walked to Eun. He grabbed the phone from her hands – she was trying to explain her friends where she was – and ended the call. Eun looked at him angrily and tried to snatch the phone back, but Minho put the phone in his pocket.

"You're coming with us." – He pulled her arm to Jonghyun's car, sat her inside it and went to lock Eun's car and put the keys in the pocket of his jeans. Then he gave Jonghyun and Amber a sign to get in the car and sat on the front passenger seat. He didn't want to sit next to Eun. Amber sat with her and Jonghyun started the engine, not saying anything. He knew, that no one should bother Minho when the latter is angry. But Eun didn't know that.

"You can't take me to Seoul, the car is here and I already told the guys to come after me." – She said sitting with folded arms.

"You couldn't even realize where you were standing. You just kept saying something about south and we're not even in the south. We're north-west from Seoul. So keep quiet, Eun and try to obey me just for once." – Minho stated coldly and the radio. Jonghyun noticed Eun's expression in the mirror. She was shocked and had no reply to what Minho said. Amber started laughing loundlessly and Jonghyun couldn't hold back the laughter too. In the end they were both laughing hysterically unlike Minho and Eun, who were staring out of their windows with sour and angry faces. Jonghyun cuaght Amber's eyes in the mirror and smiled. She smiled back at him calming down from the laughter, her eyes shining a little. He thought to himself that it was the right time to say what he thought of. There was no awkwardness anymore, he felt that. He mouthed a quiet "I love you, Am" and winked at her. She lowered her head smiling and blushing just slightly, before looking back at his reflection and saying aloud: "Me too." Jonghyun grinned and looked back at the empty highway.

They drove to a small fast food spot on the road. He took his wallet and phone and looked at the others. "So what do you want?" – He asked Minho, Amber and Eun but they all shrugged.

"Just something to eat and coffee." – Said Minho. Eun repeated after him, which made Minho look at her with a face, that probably meant 'have your own opinion, parrot!', but Eun ignored him. Jonghyun looked at Amber, waiting for an order.

"I'm coming with you." She got out of the car and Jonghyun followed her cheerfully.

They entered the eating spot and looked around. It was empty. Jonghyun looked at the sandwiches and scratched his head not knowing what to take. They made the order soon and stood there waiting for it, feeling slightly uncomfortable after the confession. None of them knew what to do.

 

Minho turned down the volume of the radio and turned to Eun. She was staring at him coldly. He opened and closed his moutha  few times, not knowing how to start the conversation.

"Do you want to say something or you're just being an teasing me?" – She squinted her eyes and turned her face to the window. Minho blinked and then laughed.

"Why didn't you fight with me when I told you that you were coming with us?" – He asked finally.

Eun smirked and looked at him lazily. "Because my friends didn't want to come after me?" – She shrugged. Minho frowned a little and turned back to the window.

"Are they really your friends then?" – He asked calmly.

"I don't have real friends. So they're what I could get here to help me. Some of them really do care for me, the others just have nothing else to do." – Eun spoke carelessly, as if nothing actually happened. But Minho on the other hand felt bad for her. She was so lonely.

He coughed and looked at her through the rear view mirror. "Uhm, you know, I can be your friend." – He really did mean it, and he needed a friend too, aside from his life as an artist.

Eun kept silent and then spoke in a minute. "Food! Finally, aish…"

Minho finally felt his stomach making sick whale's agony sounds. Jonghyun spread the scent of food in the car and they all started to eat actively except for Eun. She was eating slowly and without any desire. Jonghyun kept offering Amber his salad and Minho wouldn't stop  trying to guess what's the matter, since it was all becoming a little strange. Eun also noticed that and in a second she just looked at Amber squinting her eyes. She wanted to say something but Minho interrupted her.

"So how did you guys come here together? Did Jonghyun hyung wake you up Amber?" – He asked while stuffing his mouth with chicken sandwiches.

Amber looked at Jonghyun for a moment and he stared back at her with his mouth filled with salad. She smiled and shook her head. "No, I was awake, I was practising." – She looked at Minho and then at Eun. - "What about you guys? What happened?"

Eun's eyes turned the gaze at Minho and he shrugged, muttering a low "her fault" and going on with the food.

"Great," – Eun sighed heavily and put down her sandwich. – "Now it's all my fault? Yeah? Awesome, coward! You're just the worst jerk I've ever met in my existence."

"Who got the car stuck in nowhere? Whose fault would it be if I got eaten by that bear?" – Minho's face turned red in anger, and Jonghyun knew what comes after that…he just turns into a really dangerous animal. – "Call me a , but nothing would happen to you, and instead, I would suffer. You are already dead!"

Jonghyun and Amber stopped eating and looked at Minho, who realized he said something wrong in the epic moment of anger. For over a minute there was a deep dead silence in the car.

______________

Well... thank you for still reading me, I'm going through a lot + homework, be understanding please? ^___^ I LOVE YOU ALLLLLL!!