Left For Morning

Crossing Parallels 「HIATUS」

 

Minho felt uncomfortable in his seat all the way. Eun talked a little, just asked if he wants to listen to music, if he's cold. To every question Minho's answer was 'NO'. Then she stayed quiet. Minho stared into the deep darkeness of the highway, sometimes glancing at the clear starry sky.

 

 

*earlier that evening*

Jonghyun lay in his room feeling bad from all the things he said to Amber. She might be really hurt. But if he gets out of the room, Onew and others will ask stupid questions, and since Key is close to Amber, he will definitely ask more than it's nesessary.

He got up from the bed and sighed hevily as he looked at the door of his room. "What are you doing to me, Amber?" He asked himself in whisper and ran his wet from anxiety fingers through his hair.

Amber was sitting on the floor in the corridor. Right behind the wall against which she had her back pressed was the dorm of SHINee. She knew Jonghyun was there, she wanted to say sorry. Okay, maybe confess to him too, of course if she found enough courage in her. She got up from the floor and was about to knock at the white and large door, when it suddenly opened. Amber's eyes shifted up and looked at the figure in front of her, the figure she loved so much. Jonghyun was staring at her, as if fighting the urge to say everything he wanted at once. He closed the door and stood in front of Amber, quite close to her in fact. She even had to back up a bit.

"I wanted to talk to you-" – He started, but Amber interrupted him.

"I wanted to say sorry." – She blurted out quickly, and bit her tongue to shut up, as her head was yelling out so much, but voicing all that would spoil the situation.

"No, I should say sorry first." – Jonghyun looked around him and leaned on the wall. – "I never understand anything, and I don't show my real feelings for anything. Am, it's my fault you feel this way now."

Amber looked into his eyes. Now it was really him, the Jonghyun she always knew, honest, sincere, straightforward and somehow cute with all that sudden shyness. She smiled and leaned on the wall as well, next to him, hands in pockets, loose and casual as usual.

"So… everything is better now? No more anger and sadness?" – She smiled slightly and looked at Jonghyun. He nodded looking at his feet. – "Sorry for slapping you Jong."

Jonghyun burst into wild laughter, and Amber laughed with him. They kept laughing for more than 2 minutes, when they stopped suddenly and Jonghyun turned to face her. She blinked and a second later Jonghyun's face was just inches away from hers. She quickly became serious and blushed hard. 'Not now, not today" she thought. Jonghyun came closer, but Amber put her head down, blocking Jonghyun from the kiss that was about to happen.

"Why?" – He asked frowning a little.

"Friends.. let's stay friends, ok?" – She moved away and stood further from him. "We're not meant to love each other, not even we're allowed Jong."

"But.." – He wanted to say something but all that came out was a soundless sigh. Amber left.

***

Eun stopped the car suddenly. Minho woke up from his sleep, feeling the loud and old engine shutting.

"What's the matter?" – He asked as he sat up straight and looked at Eun's angry face.

", , !!!" – She yelled hitting the wheel. "Damn this ! Why the hell didn't I check if there's enough petrol?!"

"So we're stuck in the middle of nowhere?" – Minho opened the door and climbed out of the car blindly. It was dark and cold. He took his phone out to light up the territory a little. But that's when he cursed under his breath: battery low. The phone just turned off by itself.

Eun stayed in the car, doing her best to seek for some gas in the car, maybe uncle was smart enough to kepp it here for situations like this. Minho got back into the car as he felt his feet and hands freezing.

"We have no light, no warmth, no connection with anyone." – Eun sat in her seat again, trying to think of ways to send for help at least. Minho bit his lip and looked in front of him.

"I told you, you should have stayed there, I would be able to get home myself!" – He exhaled nervously and tried to warm up by hugging himself. Eun rolled her eyes, he could see it in the darkness. The backseat was at least comfortable to sleep on. – "We can't think of any way to get to Seoul now. So you better sleep."

Eun shook her head and lifted her feet up and hugged herself by the legs. "I can't sleep." – She kept looking into the darkness of the night, lit up only by billions of stars.

"Why?" – Minho looked at her, or at least tried to look at her. And what he noticed was quite true for not being able to sleep. Eun had nothing but her top on, and it was cold even for Minho, who wore a coat. - "Here," – He took his coat off and gave it to Eun. She ignored it and turned her face away. Minho just covered her with his large and warm coat and sat back on his place.

"Thank you." – She said coldly and pulled the coat more to warm up. Minho smiled and turned away, trying to fall asleep when he felt a slight poke on his shoulder. He turned and saw Eun looking at him.

"What?" – He asked after a minute of silence. Eun pointed at the backseat.

"There's definitely warmer, the seats are covered with bear fur." – She said quietly and handed Minho his coat, climbing to the backseat, which was much narrower than the front seats, but it was indeed warmer there, as Minho soon noticed himself. Eun curled up and sat keeping distance.

Minho felt that there was still somewhat coldness in his blood, his hands were still cold and he didn't feel his ears and nose. "You know, human warmth wouldn't harm even a bit." – His words made Eun blink and frown in disgust. - "No, seriously, in such cases, people try to stay closer to each other. I didn't mean anything bad!"

Eun didn't even let him finish and crawled to him, sitting shoulder to shoulder with him. Minho put his arm around her and hugged close. Eun leaned her head on his shoulder and closed her tired eyes. Minho felt how quickly she fell asleep. He wasn't that cold anymore, and he knew that any wrong move would wake her up, so he just covered them both with the coat and fell asleep as well. In the morning they will be able to do something with the car, and go straight to the studio, to meet his angry manager, who will block him from outer world for a month or maybe even more.

 

__________________________

Hey guuuuys!!! What's up? Missed me? Cuz I missed you~ 

Sorry for the mistakes I made, and maybe the chapter isn't that good, but HEY! I updated ^_^ 

Hope you like it <33333