Pilots, Her Story, His Feelings

Crossing Parallels 「HIATUS」

 

Eun gazed at him for a few seconds that seemed to last a whole infinity. When Minho smirked lightly and moved his face closer, Eun pushed him away with her fist and walked away. Minho chuckled and followed her with a grin on his face.

"Why are you so untouchable?" – He asked her as she jumped to another building that was a bit higher than the one they were standing on. The girl rolled her eyes and waited for him to jump to her. – "No, seriously, Eun!" He shouted for her to hear.

"I never gave you the right to touch my private area." – She crossed her arms on her chest and gave him the sign to quickly jump. Minho sighed and mumbled to himself something about Eun's stubbornness. He was almost on the roof when his hand slipped from the edge and he started struggling with the air.

"Oh !" – It was the only thing he was able to say before Eun's arm stretched down and caught his hand. She tried to pull him up but she wasn't strong enough to pull the sporty man up. – "Eun what are you doing? You can't pull me up!"

"What do you offer me to do huh? Let your hand go and wish you a soft landing?" – She said coldly and pulled him up with all her strength. His hand was wet and slippery, which made it harder to hold it. Eun shut her eyes tightly begging to become just a little stronger. "Please, please, please… I can't handle another failure."

She pulled Minho up and cried in pain as she felt her shoulder burn. Minho helped her trying his best to hold on something that was the closest. "Minho I can do this on my own, just don't move!!" She shouted at him and with one final pull she dragged him up onto the roof. Minho lay there and Eun sat on the warm ground of the roof holding her arm with her hand.

"You ok?" - Minho asked as he came to senses finally and sat up. The girl nodded and stood up. – "Eun, thanks a lot." He said after her while he walked behind her.

"It's nothing." – She jumped onto the roof of another building and shut her eyes tightly in pain. As she stood up she put on her straight face. Minho's brows furrowed as his eyes fell on Eun's after he joined the girl on the roof.

"Are you ok?" – He asked as he watched Eun walk proudly. He noticed the bandage on her arm reddening and pulled her healthy arm. – "What's this?" He stared at her and made a serious and angry face. "Your arm… It hasn't healed yet. Didn't I tell you to-"

Eun pulled her arm out of his grip. "Mind your own business. It's just a wound, I will not die..again." – She made a teasing face and walked away. Minho looked at the ground as small drops of blood on the hard surface of the roof darkened with the sky. He sighed and followed Eun.

When they finally reached their destination, which turned out to be the small flying area Minho found Eun with the help of Amber, the girl walked to a small wooden house and knocked on the door. The small jets and biplanes were still there, standing as they did before, in rows and unique.

"He should have told you about that, uncle. He must have brought it, but you don't remember, or someone else put it somewhere." – Minho heard Eun's voice as he stood outside, examining the territory.

The boyish and harsh girl was soon outside, carrying a backpack. Minho immediately took it from her hand and put it over his shoulder. He puffed his cheeks and exhaled glancing at Eun as they walked to Eun's plane.

"How the hell were you going to carry this huh?"

"Easy."

"Are you kidding?"

"No, I'm Eun."

Minho stood there dumbfounded and stared at her. "What?" – He asked trying to catch her words.

"I'm not Kidding, I'm Eun!" – She looked at him waiting for the tall man to catch the joke. Minho blinked and kept staring at her. "Ugh, forget it.." – She rolled her eyes at him and climbed on the purple plane.

Minho threw the heavy backpack on the wing and also climbed up skillfully. "Careful, you Gorilla!" Eun shouted. 'Whoa.. That's how much she loves her plane?' Minho thought and waited for the girl's commands.

"Give me the hammer." – She said stretching out her wounded hand. Minho sighed and pulled a heavy hammer out of the backpack.

"Can I help you somehow?"

"No."

"Fine then what should I do?"

"Obey me."

"Great.." - Minho raised his brows and sighed.

"There's a small black heavy square thing in the bag, give me that and 4 nut bolts."

"Give you what?" – Minho pulled out the black thing and stared at her for explanation.

Eun sighed. "Give me 4 six angled metal things with a hole in each and also 4 thick nail like things!"

"So that's how it's called?"

"Whatever it's called, give me what I said, I don't have much time."

"Where do you always hurry?" – Minho handed her what she said and waited for further commands.

"Secret."

Minho chuckled and watched Eun in the dark. She was like a night herself.

"I need light." – She said wiping her nose with her hand. Minho was about to pull out his pocket flash light when Eun threw him a cable.

"What's this for?"

"Uncle!" – She shouted and soon an old man came out of the small house. Eun pointed at the cable in Minho's hand and shouted again. "Light. I need to see what I'm doing, last time I screwed up because of the lack of light."

The man walked up to Minho and grabbed the cable from his hands casually. He connected one end with the plane's engine and the other pushed into the socket and huge flash hit Minho's face from above. It was seriously something new for him. The more he admired all that, the more he looked like a little child. His eyes finally turned to Eun, who was doing something on her biplane and didn't even bother to pay attention to Minho. His phone suddenly rang and he quickly answered. It was Jonghyun.

"Neh, hyung?"

"Where the hell are you? I had to tell manager that you were showering! Gladly he went to sleep and you're safe until he wakes up to check on us!" – Jonghyun spoke in whisper and Minho looked at his watch. It was almost midnight.

"Hyung, I'm with Eun, I will be home as soon as we finish our business."

"What are you doing with her, you erted frog!?"

"NOTHI- Hyung she's fixing her plane and I'm helping her." – Minho said calming himself down. Eun finally finished with all her work and closed the metal top of the engine block. Lights immediately went out and everything became dark again.

"Call me when you're on your way home, I will open the door for you, so you don't wake everyone up."

Minho smiled to himself for having such a good roommate and hyung.

"Where is Amber?" – Minho asked before Jonghyun could hang up on him.

"Talk to you later, bye." – Jonghyun hung up.

Eun stood at the door and waited for Minho. "Are you coming?" – She asked when Minho looked at her. The only lighted part around them was that small wooden house. Minho walked up to Eun and she entered the hut where the old man had 3 cups prepared for the tea.

"Eun, I think I should go now." – Minho said standing in front of the door.

"Young man, you can't get anywhere at this time without a car. Why don't you have tea with us, and then Eun will take you to your house." – The grey haired man, whom Eun called 'uncle' earlier, with just slightly visible wrinkles on his forehead, smiled at Minho while pouring tea into big cups.

Minho watched as Eun took off her boots and sat on the soft rug, leaning on the wooden wall. Minho glanced at her and rubbed his nape. He took off his shoes and walked further into the house. Eun's eyes were closed and the man handed Minho a cup. Minho bowed politely and sat next to Eun.

He shook the girl's shoulder gently and when she opened her eyes he handed her the cup. Eun ignored the offer and looked at Minho.

"Stop being nice to me okay? I'm not a lady to take care of." – She blew her front bang back and closed her eyes again. Minho looked at her face and chuckled. "You have something black on your nose." – He said and moved his hand to her face. She smacked his big hand off with one light push and wiped the black stain from her nose herself before she went on resting. Minho bit his lip and took a sip from the hot tea with bergamot. He looked at her arm and put the cup away.

"Yah… Get up, we need to take care of this wound. Or you will get infected." – He said pushing her gently to wake up. Eun opened her eyes casually and sighed.

"I'm not sleeping, neither I need to refresh this bandage. I can't fix it, ok? My skin and everything else aren't real, I'm just living in my dead body." – She got up and walked up to the corner of the house where a bed was. She pulled out a box from under it and took out some pictures and documents. – "Now look, this is me before death." – She pointed at a photo, where she was standing with a handsome man of about 45. Minho looked at the younger girl in the photo. Her skin wasn't much different from now, but one thing was really making her different – her eyes were shining in the picture, and there was a bright smile on her small and cherry pink lips.

"Your father?" – Minho asked pointing at the man, who was also smiling in the picture and Eun was dfinitely the copy of him. The man was wearing an army suit and his peaked cap was on the girl's head.

She nodded and bit her lip. "Yeah, it's him.. He's the reason I broke the rules of parallel worlds."

Minho looked at her with a questioning gaze. She felt it and showed Minho the document of her death. He read it carefully.

"Hey, you're.. I mean, were just 18…" – He said with a slightly shocked voice. Eun shrugged.

"I am. So what?" – She looked at Minho and grinned. "Wae? Too young for you?" – An evil laugh came from her and she took the document from Minho's hand. – "But that's not the important thing, dumb alien! This is what we need for finding my dad." She pointed at coordinates of where the plane crashed.

"Who's that WE? And anyway, who gave you license? That person is definitely irresponsible and absent minded.."

"Young man, I'm not absent minded… I actually used to be an international lines' pilot and I'm responsible for giving licenses to new pilots. Careful with your words." – The man who was quiet all this time spoke finally. – "And I know what is the best for Eun. She needed the license, and I made sure she got it. Just like her father, she deserves the best. Or at least would deserve, if she survived."

Minho looked at the floor. His brows furrowed and thoughts hit his head with hard nailing pain to the cells of his tired brain. So many good people and why had he never met ones like them. "Eun so, what was it about your father?" – He asked and looked at the girl after giving a polite glance at the former pilot.

"He's alive, no, I hope he's alive." – She said looking at the picture. – "He was an air force pilot, a strict and busy man. But he always found time for me. And he wanted me to become a pilot, just like him. When I was on a training flight with him, our plane started to make weird noises and we lost control over the jet. It crashed in the mountains and what I last saw before I was taken away from this world, was that my father survived. And he tried to revive me with any possible way, but all in vain. I was already dead. A heavy piece of metal had pricked me right through my chest. He called for help and 2 days later only help came. They couldn't find my dad. He was too tired and weak to ask them for help, so they just took my dead body and buried it with people that cared for me."

"And now you broke an important rule, that might bring dangers to our world, only to find your father, who might not be alive anymore?" – Minho finished her speech and looked at his knees. – "What about your mother?"

"It's a tale for another night. You have to go now while it's not too late and I can drive you back."

"Ou no!" – Minho got up shaking his head. – "You're not gonna drive, I will just catch a taxi. Where is the highway?"

"You have to walk about 7km." – The man said and got up with a smile. While Minho was trying to convince the old man to show him the way to the highway, Eun was already out and started the engine in the old car, waiting for him.

"Why do I even care if you will get home or not…" – She said through a heavy sigh. Minho chuckled at that and shook his head.

"If only I had any idea about that, mystery girl."