The Roof

Crossing Parallels 「HIATUS」

 

Jonghyun's eyes were wandering around. He was looking everywhere but at Amber.

"This is how you treat your friend?! You're like any other girl then..." - Jonghyun said annoyed. Of course Amber would never be like any other girl. She was proud, clever... And of course, Amber would never confess first. It was clear as water that she didn't say anything about her feelings...

"Jonghyun do I look a bit like any other girl you know?" - She breathed out and became the balanced and serious Amber again.

"Then WHY the hell do you stalk me?!" - Jonghyun was one of those who wouldn't easily lose temper while talking to girls, but now some devil was trying to play with him.

"I never meant to stalk you..." - Amber's face was blank. These both had something to tell each other, Minho was almost sure in it. But one of them was proud and lacked in confidence, and the other was dumb and careless, though only on the outside. – "It's just... I was worried for you!"

"Let me go, Choi Minho..." - He heard the deep female voice from behind. Oh, Eun was still there... And he was holding her wrist tightly, causing the both sides of the grip to become white as blood wasn't circulating through the strangled arm. She still had blood in her body? Eun was looking carelessly into Minho's eyes, hitting straight the needed spot with her look, making him feel inconvenient. Amber and Jonghyun were still talking though he couldn't hear them. His eyes were pierced on the pale girl...

"You love me, don't you?!" - Jonghyun smirked. What was going on with him? - "I knew that you had something for m-”

"I hate you!" - Amber's voice was cold but quite loud. A moment later Jonghyun's face slightly turned to the side as Amber's palm left a dark red mark on his cheek. She pressed her lips together as if calming herself down and Minho felt the wrist in his hand trying to free itself out.

Minho loosened the grip and Eun pushed her hand out heading slowly to Amber and tugging on her arm. The latter refused to follow. Amber seemed a little shocked by her own action, and she thought it would be the last step in her existence. Eun sighed rolling her eyes and pulled Amber more finally being able to drag her away to the small park near the empty street they were standing at.

Minho was left looking at Jonghyun. Awkwardness was becoming more and more annoying to Minho

"What are you doing, hyung?" - He looked at Jonghyun's still shocked face.

"I'm standing, you brat, don't you see?" - Sure, biting like a frightened dog. But Minho didn't respond. The older male always continued his speech... - "She just... Did you see she just...”

"Slapped you. Like you don't know Amber! You dragged her to the edge with your dumbness!" - Minho ran his fingers through his long hair and looked away. - "She..Hyung she's not one of any other girls you know! Can you be more stupid?! Do you not see that she needs help?"

"Help?! Minho right now it's ME who needs help! I'm confused, I'm lost, I need someone to explain what is going on!! Right here!" - He smacked his own chest. So Minho knew he was right... Jonghyun had some feelings for Amber, but was too stupid and childish to accept it. Minho heard Jonghyun sigh heavily. - "Now she hates me... And I don't know what to do."

"Hyung I know it's the wrong time asking... But what is going on between you and Eun?" - Minho bit lip and glanced to the side where Eun had dragged Amber. Jonghyun shook his head.

"Nothing... I ran into her one day and a man was pushing her out of his store calling her a thief. She was with some guys, probably her friends... They pulled her out defending her from being hit by that shopkeeper. I followed them and soon she noticed me..-"

"Hyung tell my about it later ok?" - Minho saw Eun walking down the street on the other side. Where did she leave Amber? - "Hyung be a man... Please go find Amber! I must talk to this stupid girl." - With those words Minho ran cross the street and pulled Eun's arm.

"You again?!" - Eun turned and when she saw Minho she clicked her tongue.

"What? You were expecting Jonghyun?" - He asked with a light smile. She pulled her arm out and walked further. - "Eun where's Amber?"

"She's going home... Don't worry I don't bite that hard to let people die!"

Minho glanced at Eun's face. She was still so pale and funny. Short like a little girl.

"Eun, how old are you?" - He started walking next to her. She shrugged. – "You don't know your own age???"

"Stupid frog.. Who wouldn't know their age!? I don't have the wish to tell you, that's all." - She smirked and turned her head away to escape Minho's gaze. - "Ok, since that freak hurt Amber, I'm not going anywhere with him anymore... You will help me!"

Now it was her turn to pull Minho after her. He crawled behind the girl who quickly took his phone out of his pocket and dialled a number.

"HEY THAT'S MY PHONE!!" - Minho tried to snatch the phone out of Eun's hand but got punched in his firm chest lightly as the girl shook her head starting to talk quickly. Minho thought of the huge he would be in if his number spread through fans. Then he must tell the manager about the incident and change his number and...

"Here you go! Your phone is safe and sound!" - And the other moment Minho's phone appeared in his pocket again. Eun acted differently now. She was acting more content but still wasn't smiling. Minho noticed a few couple of eyes turning to look at him as they started walking down the crowded street.

"Uh... Eun it's... I didn't take sunglasses..." - He mumbled looking down and ignoring people's looks.

"So what?" - She walked with her hands in her pockets. She glanced at him taking him probably for a crazy person. Right, who would wear sunglasses on such a gray day? But soon she seemed to notice turning heads in his direction and she could tell how embarrassed and lost Minho looked.

The blue-banged girl rolled her eyes then walked to a building, where Minho followed her like a puppy, still keeping his face down, hiding it with his hood. Eun entered the building and started going up the stairs.

"Why don't we-”

"Shut up! If we get caught you're the one to blame..." - Eun hissed at him and went up the stairs acting super annoyed again.

They got to the roof of the not so tall building and Minho looked around. There were such beautiful places in Seoul. And his busy schedules and tired from cameras evenings never let him notice all that... Eun though didn't pay attention to the reddening from the sunset buildings.

"Eun, look..." - Minho's eyes were glued to the sun and he didn't notice the girl going on her knees and rolling up the dirty edges of her long pants. - "It's so...beautiful, right?"

Eun stood up and took a few steps back then ran past Minho with a crazy speed. Before Minho could realize what happened the girl was on the roof of the building in front. Minho snapped back to reality and looked at the distance she jumped.

"Come on you coward! I'm late!" - She yelled and shook her hair back which made the light breeze play with her black long bangs blocking the last rays of the setting sun. Minho caught her dark eyes... Now standing with her back to the round red ball of fire Eun looked even more mysterious and beautiful. Minho unconsciously smiled to himself and took a few steps back then started running to the edge of the roof jumping where the girl was standing and appearing in front if Eun... Right in front of her, in front of her face, her eyes... Her pale small lips...

 

_______   

Hey everyone sorry for such a late update... I'm a bit busy with school and tuition!! The chapter came out boring and stupid, so feel free to comment even about  that! I won't get offended, I will feel delighted! =D Love you all, please don't leave me and thanks for paying attention to my story/ies! <3