Feelings, Stubbornness and Confession

Crossing Parallels 「HIATUS」

 

"It's quite a long time they're doing it, you know?" – Amber said while Minho was walking beside her through the empty street.

"Doing what?" – Minho still couldn't understand what was going on. All that he knew was that Jonghyun had some secrets, and they were connected with Eun.

"Jonghyun is going somewhere with Eun nearly every day…" – He thought it happened only twice… But Jonghyun was lying too much! – "And I followed them a couple of times, call me a stalker or whoever you want, but I took a few pictures… Jonghyun seems to be quite happy being her 'friend'… But I never saw them doing anything special! They're just meeting some people going into some stores and that's all."

Amber always had something for Jonghyun… Minho could feel it! But she was too proud to talk about her feelings with anyone. Minho didn't want to ask her anything about it, and especially not now: it wasn’t the right time for such questions …

"She's not even a human…" – He thought aloud and it caught Amber's attention.

"She is… At least now she is!" – Amber nodded a light frown making her forehead to change the structure. What did she know about Eun? What happened between them? But before he could ask anything, Amber pulled his arm to a small shop.

Minho thought they were hiding in some boutique. Why boutique? But actually they didn't hide there… That was where Jonghyun and Eun entered soon. Minho and Amber were standing with their hoods pulled on their heads and watching Jonghyun and Eun from the children's clothes side. Eun was still pale and with the same emotionless expression on her face as she looked around the store and started to talk to Jonghyun who didn't pay attention to her words. Minho just then noticed that Eun still wore her tank top and the bandage on her arm was still the same as Minho put… She didn't take it off. 'Silly girl, what if she catches infection?' – He thought biting his lips nervously.

Minho leaned to Amber and whispered. "Let's go closer to them, I can't hear anything…" – But she shook her head. Why not… They were too busy arguing about clothes anyway…

"Ah why, Eun!!!" – Jonghyun cried out when Eun turned he back at him and starting walking to the exit. The two stalkers turned their faces away trying not to be noticed as the blue fringed girl passed by them.

"Because some people think they're too smart…" – Minho felt cold sweat running down his spine.' She noticed us… She definitely noticed Amber and me! What should we do?' – His mind was working faster than an express train. Amber was biting her lips nervously and cursing under her breath.

"Who?" – Jonghyun said with a slightly high pitched voice.

"I mean you, idiot! You think I'm so stupid!? What can I buy here!? Show me just one detail for my plane! I can't see anything but ugly pieces of fabric here! I need METAL and PLASTIC for my biplane…" – She went out of the store, her hair being played by the cold air.

Minho sighed in relief, his heart racing wildly. Amber closed her eyes and exhaled.

"Her plane is broken?" – Minho turned to Amber. The latter shrugged and walked out of the store dragging Minho as well.

"Look at yourself!" – Jonghyun shouted at her pointing nervously at the girl's tank top. – "You look like one of those wild people, who have never heard of Calvin Klein or Armani!! You need a jacket or som-"

"What did I tell you I needed to buy!? Clothes!? NO, I said I needed this detail for my plane!" – She showed Jonghyun a piece of paper poking his nose with it. – "And why are you even following me everywhere like my guard! I never asked you to help me, you stupid monkey!" – Eun's voice could make a human, who was not used to her, in their pants. It was aggressive but so cold and deep…

Eun and Jonghyun were arguing for another 5 minutes while walking down the empty street and at the moment Jonghyun shouted 'FINE' and walked back unexpectedly, Minho and Amber stopped shocked and had no time to hide. Jonghyun froze staring at Amber. Minho was looking at Eun, who noticed him immediately and didn't move. Why did she make Minho's heart beat as if a Calibri was locked there? Why did she make him feel like he did something bad? He never had that feeling, the feeling when your mother punished you when you were 5 and said 'Now stay in your room and think about what you have done!'

"Minho what the hell are you doing here?" – Jonghyun spoke still looking at Amber, which made her breathe faster. Minho took his eyes off Eun freeing himself of the death glare she was sending him with those deep indifferent eyes.

"Jonghyun don't we need to talk?" – He said going closer to Jonghyun blocking Amber from his look.

"Something wrong?" – His short hyung was now looking at him like nothing happened.

"Forget it, hyung…" – Minho looked at Eun. – "Hey there, haven't seen you for a long time! Aren't you cold?"

He went closer to the tiny pale girl and put his jacket on her shoulders. Eun's eyes went bigger as she shrugged the warm cloth from her shoulders.

"Who gave you the right for that?" – She didn't look at Minho. But it was clear she didn't want to take the jacket off.

"Aish, you stubborn kitten…" – The tall man took the jacket from the dusty ground and after cleaning it made Eun put it on. As he touched her hand, he felt how cold it was. – "Dead people have such cold hands."

Eun smirked still avoiding eye contact with Minho. "Dead bodies are cold, but my hands are cold because I've been out since morning… You're a stalker! Didn't your mum teach you it's bad to stalk?"

"Stubborn brat! Will you ever stop acting cool?!" – Minho pulled her hand. WHY?! He decided to never have any contact with her, didn't he?

"Frog faced, ugly bastard! Let me go, you maniac!"

"Tch… Metal freak! Move!"

"Are you crazy!? I'm not going anywhere with such a bastard like you!" – Oh how strong she was. Minho pulled her again but Eun didn't move a millimeter… She was like a stone or a tree, her feet deeply dug in the ground.

"You're like a cat! Stubborn and stupid! Move already, I'm cold!"

"Then why the hell did you give me your coat, idiot!!??" – She pushed Minho away from her with a great force, which Minho couldn't think of being possible for someone with such a small body.

"Jonghyun! Help m-" – Minho turned to ask Jonghyun for help but all he saw was a tear rolling down Amber's cheek and Jonghyun's blank face. Was this how it usually happened? You start to cry after confessing?