Chapter 4

Healing Task
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s POV:

 

“Taeyeon-ie wake up” I turned my head back and caught a glimpse of Sunny, who had a smile plastered on her face.

 

I looked at my surroundings and sat up.

 

“Morning Sunny-ah” I put my hand over my closed eyes to try to get rid of my sleepiness.

 

“Morning! Get up now breakfast is ready!“

 

“Arasso I’ll be out...”

 

“See you at the kitchen” Sunny left the room and I quickly stood up and walked to the bathroom.

 

After I finished, I came outside where the other members were at.

 

“Here’s a dish TaeTae” Fany handed me a plate  and flashed me her eye-smile before continuing her conversation with Yuri.

 

“Morning you guys”

 

“Morning!” The members greeted me.

 

I sat next to Sunny as I took some food for myself. Hyoyeon probably made breakfast for us since it looks edible.

 

Everyone was having a conversation and I looked around and found an empty seat.

 

I felt a nudge from Sunny and I turned my head towards her.

 

“Wake her up”

 

“Sunny-ah...”

 

“She won’t get to eat before our schedules if you don’t. “

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“I understand you want to take baby steps and you can’t start a-new all at once but take this as a start and wake her up...you don’t want her working on an empty stomach do you?”

 

“I guess…” Sunny can convince me to do almost anything.

 

I stood up and walked towards her room.

 

I opened the door and I see a sleeping figure on one of the beds.

 

I walked towards her silently and took a peek at her.

 

It was like watching an angel asleep.

 

I swept the strand of hair on her face and tucked it behind her ear.

 

“Wake up” I whispered to her ear.

 

She remained still.

 

“Jessica wake up” I shaked her by her shoulder a bit and she moved a little but remained asleep.

 

Who was I kidding thinking it would be easy waking her up?

 

“Sica wake up you need to eat” I leaned towards her staring at the side of her face.

 

I guess she finally woke up since she turned her head making her face me.

 

Our eyes met as she opened her eyes.

 

Her eyes widened realising how close our face was to eachothers.

 

I scanned her face carefully remembering each features of it. My eyes landed on her lips and barely fought the urge to reclaim it mine.

 

“Morning… Breakfast is ready” I stood up straight and scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

 

I smiled and walked away. When I was out of her room, I placed a hand over my chest trying to calm my heart that was beating rapidly.

 

“You okay midget?”Sooyoung grinned at me.

 

“Y-ya..”I managed to reply.

 

“Are you sure?”Yuri looked at me worriedly.

 

I nod my head in response.

 

“I don’t think she is...Her ears are really red” Hyo pointed at my ears and I quickly tried to cover them.

 

Jessica walked passed me and sat next to Yoona.

 

Sooyoung was giving me knowing looks and I warned her to stay quiet using eye contact.

 

Soo acted clueless and smirked at me again.

 

“Ya midget! I think I should tell manager oppa to call off practice for you today since your face is flushed red..I think you are sick”’Love sick’ She mouthed to me and I gave her a glare and then I thought of something…

 

“Don’t try to use me as an excuse to talk to manager oppa” I back.

 

“SINCE WHEN?!??!!!?! I’m not making excuses!” Sooyoung got defensive quickly and we laughed at her. Oh Sooyoung~ You can’t outwit the witty…No no no no no~ I am free from their interrogation! I started doing a victory dance in my head.

 

Realising I have been standing in the same position for a while,I returned to my seat to finish eating.

 

It didn’t help that Jessica was in front of me as I glance at her every now and then recalling what could have happened moments ago. It felt good stopping my barrier from her…but along with that I can’t help but remember the past and to think that it would repeat again if I continue doing this… I feel insecure again…Why? Why must I continue having these feelings for her?  Maybe I should just forgive her but get rid of this feeling...It’s better that way, right? But whether that is possible or not is another problem itself.

 

I looked at her again trying to find some type of answer. Can you answer all my questions?  What do I do? Can you help me? If I forgive you, can you forgive me? Did you feel the same thing I did earlier? Do I still have a chance? Was it you who sent the letter? Was it because of me?

 

As if she heard my thoughts, she looked at me. Either that or she noticed me staring at her…

 

Our eyes locked for the second time today and I felt my cheeks heating up so I looked down at my food again…

 

“Are you going to eat that?” Sooyoung looked at me. WHAT?!?!?!? My eyes widened hearing her accusation.

 

She pointed at my food and I realised what she was talking about.

 

She laughed at me and I mentally face palmed myself.

 

“You can eat this”I pushed my plate towards her. I lost my appetite from all my embarrassments this morning.

 

“Finish up your food and dress up. Manager oppa is coming  to pick us up soon. And change to your practice clothes already. We will start to work as soon as we are in the room.” I instructed them and headed back to my room to change to my practice attire.

 

“Hey TaeTae”

 

“Oh hey Fanny-ah~”

 

“You seem in a rather good mood today” She walked over to my bed and sat on it.

 

“Do I seem that way?” Aren’t I like this everyday?

 

“Yes”

 

I wore a sweater and grabbed my duffel bag.

 

“Well...I guess I am in a good mood” I smiled at her.

 

“You done?”

 

“Mhmm” I nod my head and walked towards her.

 

“Let’s go”I grabbed her hand and we went outside.

 

My phone vibrated and I answered the call.

 

“Hey Taeyeon , I’m here so bring the members with you downstairs.”

 

“Ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter