Chapter 10

Healing Task
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV:

 

I felt a sudden wave of heat on the right side of my face.I opened one eye and looked around. Light escaped from the open window. It was too bright, so I turned my head away from it. While doing so, I managed to catch a figure beside me that I had not noticed earlier. Her brown hair was swept to one side as she was still sleeping. I’ve never seen her so...calm. So serene. So peaceful… it’s hard to realise the stress and pain she keeps in.

 

I caressed her cheeks lightly, trying not to wake her up by doing so. My head rested on her collarbone and her lips were brushed on to my forehead. She had her arms wrapped around me securely as mine were around hers. My heart pounded loudly in my chest as if it were trying to escape it. Her light breathing was soothing and was helping me calm myself a little.

 

I couldn’t help but smile at our current position and the image of her carrying me here. I can still see the Kim Taeyeon I onced loved in her.

 

The smile I wore earlier left as thoughts made its way in my mind. The thoughts I’ve made when I spent countless of lonely nights thinking about her...

 

She grew prettier by the years and matured more, but the reason why I loved her faded with those years. She is no longer childish. She is no longer a dork. She is no longer MY Taengoo. And I have to accept that fact and move on no matter how hard it is.

 

I can’t and won’t deny my feelings for the girl, but I know for a fact it isn’t the same anymore. The understanding Kim Taeyeon was gone when we ended our relationship.

 

She was blinded by the pain that I gave her, that she couldn’t see my pain. The pain I made for myself, as well as the pain she gave me for the past three years.

 

We’re friends now so I guess it’s a good time to make a final closure with her. Or perhaps sometime soon. I need to draw a line between our profession, relationship and friendship.

 

Being in her arms again is enough for me. Communication after these three years is enough for me. For these things that I have longed for since is now back again, my thoughts are clear. Her being in my life, is enough for me. I can let my feelings for her go now. I can leave my guilt behind and start a-new.

 

“Sica~ Are you okay?” My thoughts were interrupted by the person with whom my thoughts involved.

 

I pulled away from her slightly and looked up at the girl. Our eyes met but her face was slightly blurred. My vision was covered by a wet substance.

 

“Ya I’m fine... did you sleep well?” I faked a smile doing my best not to let a single tear drop.

 

“You don’t look too well, are you sure? ”She ignored my question and wore a perplexed expression, eyes narrowing smaller to a playful questionative glare.

 

“Positive Ms. Kim.”

 

“Just trying to keep the mood up, but nothing is wrong right? Did my kind actions perhaps bring you to tears? Or do you feel bad that you cursed me to sleep when I only had this amazing plan in my head? Or is it tears of joy that you were lucky enough to sleep next to THE Kim Taeyeon, a member of Girls’ Generation, the powerful vocalist with milky white skin?”

 

I grabbed a pillow and covered her face with it.

 

“So full of yourself, ”I muttered.

 

“Can’t breathe… Ms. Jung … air... need... air...”

 

She was pushing the pillow back in defense. I pulled back the pillow and placed it to its original location. She started to cough and I felt guilty. But then again, she was exaggerating. Half of the small amount of time I spent “pillowing” her, she was speaking in her broken english asking for air.

 

I smirked and stood up walking towards the washroom.

 

Taeyeon, you’re such a dork.

 

“That’s a nice smile you carry there, Ms. Jung.”

 

“I’m not smiling!” I answered, fully aware that I was smiling to myself like an idiot.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter