Chapter 17

Healing Task
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s POV:

 

The sun was setting. I knew well of it. Whether I were to look outside the window pane or not, I hopelessly convinced myself that the sun was to hide away in order to give its’ light and energy somewhere else, where it was dark and gloomy, where it was needed and wanted. It was on a rare occasion that I found myself watching as it did so, fleeting away from this side of the world, only to transfer itself to make the day of the other.

 

It was an astonishing sight. At once, it moved a little. The second, altogether. Just as quickly as it left, I found the oh-so familiar dark sky start to rise. This day was ending as a new one prepared itself to begin. It was always like that. I can’t recall myself staring at what it looked like in between these times. The sky had a routine much like my own. It wakes up, works, sleeps, then repeats the process. It was mind boggling to think of it like so. Why had it reached to a point when my life was a video stuck on replay?

 

I lazily lay down on my bed, staring at the ceiling with faint markings of memories. I had too much in my mind that I felt restless and unable to sleep. My mind was now making illusions of the thoughts I once carefully confined in it. It was another one of these nights when I hadn’t a clue whether I was living in the past or present. I was not sure whether this strange sleep schedule was now the norm and whether it was a good thing or not. I had always thought of sleep as my escape from the tiring ways of life and, now that I was lacking it, I felt as though I had gotten more time to live. The white ceiling faded away, turning to pitch-black and more prominent images of the markings.

 

The door of my room suddenly opened, revealing a certain blonde with an unsure expression. “Taeyeon…”

 

“Jessica, what are you doing here?” I quickly sat up and swept my bangs to the side, trying to fix myself a little.

 

“I...well...” she seemed hesitant to speak, oddly shocked at her presence just as well as I.

 

“You should have given me a heads up, so I wouldn’t look like such a mess.” I attempted in easing the atmosphere, even if I was still surprised at the sudden situation. It’s been a while since we last spoke and I wasn’t expecting her to see me anytime soon.

 

“Taengoo…Taeyeon”, she bit the bottom of her lip and averted her eyes away from my own. “ Something has been bothering me for a while and I feel like its been long overdue since.”

 

I gave a low nod, encouraging her to speak what she deemed was needed to be spoken.

 

“I’ll make it quick, so I wouldn’t waste more of your time. You’re a really amazing person. I just… don’t think I deserve you...” I knew it was coming to this, yet hearing her say i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter