Chapter 15

Healing Task
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s POV:


 

The feeling of her lips pressing against mine vanished slowly as the sensation was replaced by the cold air.

 

I suddenly became more aware of my surroundings, remembering where I was and the people I was with. She was gone, fading away right in front of my very eyes. The scene was heart wrenching; the memory of the past being what wrecked my future. And there it was, the invisible substance in front of everything. The girl who once occupied that very space and took away its filling in my lungs had a growing distance away from me. She was nowhere in sight no matter where I looked. The memory after my drunken state returned, my questions about it finally being answered. For some reason, however, I felt it was better off not knowing them.

 

How did a memory from a few days ago feel so distant? How was it fleeting out of mind in such a rapid rate? Was it the alcohol or was it the specific person who was with me when I was drinking it? I wasn’t sure. In fact, I wasn’t sure of anything concerning it. The reenactment of that day was something created from the fickle of my imagination, my memory. It seemed like a sign of hope balanced with the lost of it as well.

 

The sight of the worried looks apparent on my members’ faces pulled me away from my thoughts. I pushed myself to smile only to have it come out crooked. Faking a smile is something I thought I mastered being in this industry for all these years, but it suddenly became a challenge.

 

The well-known room, sisters, and the memory seemed to have broken a piece of my barrier. I couldn’t wear my facade when it was torn to pieces, when it was almost transparent to the viewer. I was vulnerable, the attack of my memories leaving me in a weak state: Kim Taeyeon.

 

I lowered my head to avoid their stares. It seemed like we were communicating without uttering a word. They knew and I became sure of it when I was pulled into a group hug. I was starting to feel at ease again. With the strength I had left, I pulled myself up.

 

“You have your way in making yourself like this, eonnie” Seohyun whispered weakly at me, and I could only give her an apologetic smile.

 

The door of our dorm swung open as three figures with shopping bags appeared.

 

“We’re home!” Hyoyeon screamed to the top of her lungs, ending in a stupid smile as she stared at us. formed an o-shape, and from the corner of my eyes I saw Sooyoung wink at her.

 

“Eonnie, I want to join the group hug.”

 

I heard Krystal talking to her sister and Jessica gave an uninterested nod, turning to meet my eyes as she probably felt me staring at her.

 

“Sica, I won my award,” Sooyoung bragged and Jessica turned to face the tall shikshin instead.

 

Krystal came running to join us in the living room, before we broke it off when we started to get damp from the heat emitted by our bodies.

 

The members’ and little Jung began conversing for a while. Various random topics were being thrown and laughter filled the room with the dance line creating the crazy mood. It was close to 3 in the morning and I started to feel my lids closing. I washed off my fatigue, continuing to join the laughter that wasn’t dying down in momentum.

 

My phone suddenly rang and I excused myself from the group to take the call.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Taeyeon-ie, it’s Jiwoong oppa.”

“Eo~oppa. “

“We just got back from the trip. I miss you~”

“I miss Ginger!”

“Yah!”

“I’m j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter