Chapter 16

Healing Task
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap: Taeyeon was previously "interogated" by her members about her drinking habits. Things were settled just before Jessica and Hyoyeon got back. After much talk, Taeyeon receives a phonecall from her older brother that brings her to packing up and spending New Year's and New Year's Eve with her family.

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV:

 

With my subconsciousness awakening, I laid still, trying to enjoy the last bit of comfort the bed provided before fully waking up. My eyes dared not open, afraid of the blinding light the sun beamed early in the morning. I felt the soft breeze graze through my bare skin as I sat up, exposing my arms that were previously covered by the blankets.

 

Chasing away my remaining wishes of sleeping more, I opened my eyes, adjusting my vision as  I took in the sight of a familiar-yet-unfamiliar room. My eyes still felt tired, recalling when I’d seen this place before becoming a rather difficult task.

 

“Ahhh~ Right. I came home” I muttered to myself with a smile, realizing my location.

 

Having the tendency to be lonely, the thought of seeing my family after a while felt good. With schedules and their recent family trip, I hadn’t seen them for a good month or two.

 

I diverted my attention towards the door after hearing a faint knock.

 

“Come in”

 

I watched as the door knob turned ever so slowly, revealing the figure behind it. I cracked a smile seeing their eyes peek through the sides, scanning the room for my location, before entering.

 

“ Morning. Breakfast is ready downstairs.” My older brother smiled widely, his dimples creasing ever so deeply in his chin as our eye made contact.

 

“ I’ll be down as soon as I finish washing up, oppa.” I replied shortly, reflecting a similar smile to his own.

 

I quickly got out of my bed after seeing him make his way back downstairs.


 

-------------------------------------------


 

By the time I was done washing up, the others had already finished eating breakfast. With little planning, my surprise visit failed. Hayeon had apparently caught me while I was sleeping, after Ginger barked continuously when he sensed my presence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter