Mastermind Part 1

Magnet

Author's Note : I am so sorry, this chapter does not have Taeun moments but you have to read this if not the next few chapters, you wont really understand . This part, is to focus on the storyline as well as keyxeunji. Part 2 will have more Taeun moments ~

 

Noise of the door slightly banged can be heard. Relying on his instinct, the black-haired guy comes out from his room as he is dressed properly already. He tip-toed all the way from the entrance of his room to the main door of the huge apartment as he doesn't want excess attention and questions coming from his peers. He slightly turned the door knob in clock-wise attention and pull the door back as he turned to his left and right, making sure his target is just at the right distance away from him and he is correct. Jonghyun is just a few meters away from him. He can see that Jonghyun walks in a manner that you know he is going to do something big just by looking.

" Where is he going ? " Key asked himself in his head as he just shrugged it off, thinking that the blonde-haired guy may just buy some items or something. Little did he know that, Jonghyun is going to meet his goddess.


Key followed Jonghyun's just like how a stalker fan is stalking his or her idol but scared of excess attention. He himself even finds that its amazing for him to follow someone without any form of getting caught, like a veteran. However, that doesn't last long as he nearly got caught and he can feel that his heartbeat is racing as fast as a sportcar. As he barely recovers from the sudden heartattack, he continues to follow his target as his hand is still on his chest, trying to calm himself down.

After around a long 10 minutes of afraid of getting caught , he finally stops as his target stops as well. Both of his eyebrows arched as his mouth opens unawarely. He realised who Jonghyun is meeting with. It's Jung Eun Ji, the girl who messes his heart. Key wanted to stop hiding behind the bush and confront them instead but he thinks that, that will only worsen the whole situation plus giving Eunji a bad impression that he is actually a stalker. Indeed, it will. Thank goodness.

" Hello Jonghyun Oppa. " " Hello, Eunji. "

' They seems to be close.. ? ' Key hissed. Luckily, they didn't hear anything.

" Is there anything that I can help you ? " Eunji said out her practiced-line that she practised before coming, scared of giving herself away. She didn't expect that Jonghyun has already know.

" Erm... " The sight of the girl makes Jonghyun feels that he is comitting a crime but the girl just finds it cute.

" Ac-Actually.. I feel that you have something for me and I want to tell you that.. I don't feel that way - " Jonghyun said in a way that the girl won't be suspicious of how did he know. At the same time, the expression of anticipating something has turned into a big frown. Still, she manages her emotions well.

" I think you made a mistake... I only treats you as a good friend. " Eunji's mind is full of only Jonghyun's speech but to save her dignity, she denied.

" That's good to hear. My instincts has been bugging me for a while and it's just glad to know that you don't feel that way. " Jonghyun smiled as he managed to tell the girl but he is surprised that the answer is different.

" Of course I don't feel that way. Is there anything else that you asked me to come out ? "

" Nothing, I think I shall leave now. Thanks for the time. " Jonghyun bowed politely as he really thinks that what he heard is the truth, leaving only Eunji and Key.

' Did he just told me that he didn't feel the same way as me ? Why not ? Am I not good enough for him ? Did he likes someone else ? How can he just asked me to come out , just to break my heart and leaves like nothing happened ? He is just glad to know that I don't feel that way as I mentioned ? Not even being sorry ? The worst is, he really thinks that I am speaking the truth ? Seriously ? I don't understand why. He doesn't even bother to explain much to me. He doesn't even care about me. Why do I even like him ? No, correction. Like with the letter 'd' behind it. Liked him? Since he have already stated clearly, I don't find any reason why am I clinging on this hopeless and heartless guy. I am going to make a transformation. I will let him know that I won't die because of him. I will be a better person without him. Jerk. ' Eunji decided with a strong piece of mind.

Suddenly, the girl can hear a noise coming from her right. It's a noise that indicates that is someone behind the bush. Now, she is really scared that the person behind the bush is actually someone that is harmful towards her. Maybe, a robber. The girl clenched her fist hard, ready to strike once she can see the mysterious person behind the bush.

" BBAM ! " As soon as Key started to stand up, Eunji throw a punch directly at his nose, causing the guy to bleed profusely.

" Oh my god ! Key ?! I am so sorry ! " Eunji was shocked that the person is actually, Key.

On the other hand, Key was so embarassed that he got caught and afraid of the girl shooting questions like, " Why are you here ? " . With a strong goal of mind, to escape, Key starts to run away but he stopped as he feels a bit dizzy.

" Don't go. I will bring you to my house to heal you. " With that, Key really faints as that is one of the sweetest thing he ever heard.

" Oh god. What now ? " Eunji stares at the unconscious guy infront of her eyes.

" Shall i bring you to the hospital ? " Eunji asked to herself but Key is suddenly semi-conscious as he keeps shaking his head.

" Alright alright, hang in there. " Eunji then carry Key with all of her might.

 

Eunji runs to the bathroom to rinse the towel in her hand after putting Key lightly on the sofa. Maybe it's just her or the water that is coming from the tap is really very slow as she curses at the water for being as slow as a snail. After it seems like an eternity, Eunji rushes out from the bathroom with the rinsed towel to the spot where Key is. She carefully put the wet towel on Key's forehead and goes to the storage room, taking out the first aid box and medical oil. Actually, she doesn't know if the the towel is useful or not, she just followed like how the character she watches in the drama.

After gathering her items, Eunji applied some medical oil onto Key's temple and almost immediately, Key wakes up.

" Are you okay ? " Eunji asked while she makes her way to the kitchen and pour some warm water for Key but Key just grabbed her wrist, asking her not to go which Eunji obliged.

" Yeah I am alright. Thank you. "  Key slowly sits up.

" Glad to hear that. No no, you shouldn't be thanking me. I should be apologising to you. I am sorry that I caused you in this state. "

" Nah, it's not anything major so you don't have to blame yourself. Plus, I am fine. "

" Are you sure ? You don't need to go to the hospital ? "

" Yeah, I am sure. Save the trouble. " Key smiled warmly as he is too delighted to spend this moment with Eunji and of course afraid that the girl may ask that question.

Well, Eunji really ask the question. " By the way, may I know why are you there.. ? "

" Ohh ermm...I will just be frank with you. " Key fidgets with his fingers as Eunji just nodded.

" Jonghyun and I quarrelled last night and I feel sorry and bad for him so I wanted to apologise to him outside the house so the rest won't teasing me or something so I followed him but I didn't know that he is going to meet you. I am so sorry. "

" Nope, it's nothing. We just have a childish conversation and that's it. You like me right ? "

" Huh ?  What do you mean ? " Key is startled by the sudden question.

" Since there is someone who better appreciates me than that jerk, why don't I stop wasting my time on that person ? Don't get me wrong, I am not using you to forget about him but I am hoping that you can be by my side and help me to forget about him. At the same time, we can know each other more better and see if we are really suit each other. " Eunji explained as she is scared that Key may get the wrong idea.

" Of course, I am more than glad to be able to earn this chance, to be with you. I will be by your side. Trust me, Eunji. A single drop of tears from you will never ever happen. " Key then move himself more closer to the girl and give her a warm heart, while patting on her back, reassuring that everything will be alright. Even though this is not really a big gesture, Eunji can feel the sincerity in him. She even thought of why didnt she likes Key in the first place so that she can save her heart from hurting. The girl's eyes are slightly sore as she is glad that she is able to meet a guy like, Key.

 

 

 

" You like Naeun right ? " These four words have been repeating itself in L's head.

' Do I really like her ? It can't be. ' L tried to deny but he just can't. The memories of both of them have spent together has reappeared in his mind again. The way how the girl treats him so friendly. The way how the girl smiles so warmly and brightly towards him. The way how the girl acts so cutely and gorgeous without even trying. All of these are driving him crazy.

The worst is that, he kept dreaming of Naeun ever since the first day he got enrolled into his current school. In his dreams, there are nobody else other than both of them. Both of them going to shopping malls, eating, shopping, watching movies and many more.

Of course, he knows that he can't likes Naeun. The whole confession that he gave towards Naeun is suppose to be only a part of their plot, to repay his life saviour. But then, he remembers how his beloved life saviour, Siwon treated him cruely. There he is sitting down on his chair, thinking if is it right to help Siwon. Actually, the guy has no intention of hurting someone from the start. He just wants to repay to his life saviour.

He still remembers how he met Siwon. L was swimming near the seabed but suddenly his leg cramped. Nobody was at his sight. He feels so helpless but he still keeps trying hard to at least float and yelled for help. However, the more he struggles, the more deep he got in. His vision starts to get blur as he thinks that, it must be the end of him.

Then, he heard a loud voice coming from his side. A guy's voice. A very strong voice, calling him to wake up, calling him not to give up. He then slowly regains his consciousness as he starts to vomit out the seawater. Although his vision is still a bit blur as he is tired, he still manage to see the guy's warm smile. From then, both of them starts to know each other more better. In L's heart, he is not just a life saviour to him but also a big brother.

" It's too late. I am already in this operation. If I don't obliged, I may die.. " L sighed.

All of a sudden, his phone starts to ring.

" Yes, Hyung ? "

" The mastermind wants to meet you. " It's Siwon.

" Alright. "

 

 

" Good evening, Mr Son and Siwon Hyung. " L bows politely.

" Sit down. " Mr Son gestured the youngest guy to sit down. In the hotel dinning room, there are only three of them.

" I heard from Siwon that, you are in this operation too right ? "

" Yes, sir. "

" You do know that you are not suppose to hurt the girl, right ? Only the guy. The main purpose is to break up both of them. "

" Yes I know. I will be careful. "

" Very well. I am sure you do know that, if this succeeds, you will get what you deserve. But if it fails.. "

" Yes, sir. I know it very well. "

" Good. Come let's have a toast. " Mr Son laughed evily as he recalled how he becomes this rich. It's how scary that a guy can change that fast.