Promise

Magnet

" Naeun ? " Taemin called out to the familiar yet blurry figure infront of him. However, the figure just turns around, showing her back while walking away from him. 

" Naeun ? Is that you, Naeun ? Naeun ! " Taemin kept calling but to no avail. The more he shouts for her name, the faster the figure walks.

" Taemin, goodbye. " The figure turns around and waves her hands, bidding goodbye. It vanished...

 

" Naeun ? Naeun ? Come back ! " Taemin woke up from his dream and sees Naeun beside him with both of her wide-rounded teary eyes.

" Taemin ? Are you okay ? " Naeun asked frantically as she places her hand on Taemin's face, caressing his face while refraining herself from touching the bruises. 

" Yeah, I am okay. " Taemin simply nodded. Without further ado, Naeun withdraws her hand and rushes out to search for the doctor. 

" I am glad that you are still here with me... " Taemin mumbled. All of a sudden, he recalls everything that had happened the night before. 

He remembers that he found out that his parents are in the hospital, the identity of the culprits, how he banged onto the tree. All these things that happened the night before are too complicated and confusing at the same time for him yet it's so saddening as well. A lone tear made it's escape from his sore eye to his cheek as he clenches his fist, thinking of what to do.

' Shall I act like nothing happened and continues to have fun with Naeun while my parents are lying in the hospital ? No, I can't. I can't do that and I am unable to do that. How am I suppose to do that with all these things happening.. ? ' Another tear rolls over to Taemin's chin as he realised that the best way of handling this is to separate from Naeun for a period of time. It could be a week, a month, a year or maybe more. He doesn't know. 

He wants to scream on top of his lungs. He wants to throw something hard far. He wants to punch the wall but he can't do that because the girl will be receiving more pain and worry about him more. He told himself that he doesn't want to expose her father's dirty actions as he doesn't find a need to do that. He loves her too much that even if he is hurting so badly inside, he does not wish to hurt her as well. 

 

Soon after, Naeun comes in with doctor. The doctor instruct Taemin to be relax as he examine Taemin's state of health. Taemin can see Naeun's hands are trembling with a complex facial expression. 

' She must be so worried of me... How am I suppose to break the news to her.. ? How can I possibly break the heart of the girl who I love the most ? What if she really leaves me.. ? ' 

" He is alright now, he can be discharged tomorrow. " 

" Thanks, doctor. "

" You are welcome. "

 

" How are you feeling now ? Do you know how worried I am ? When I heard the news, I am so afraid that you will leave me. I am afraid that you will break all your promises. I am afraid that you will abandon me in this black and white world. " Naeun finally led out all her tears. 

" I am so sorry, to worry you... I am fine. " Taemin maintain his facial expressions, restricting it to poker face, showing that he is indifferent towards the girl. 

Naeun sense that there's something bad happened to Taemin and understands his actions. She wants to ask him what happened but decided that she should wait for him to tell her naturally without her asking. Little did she know that the scary fact that is awaiting her. 

" Naeun.. I have something to tell you. " Taemin muster his courage and his best to prevent the tears in his eyes to fall. 

" What is it ? " Naeun thought that he will be telling her what had happened but...

 

 

" I can't believe.. I can't believe.. " A girl is choking her own tears, can be seen from afar.

" How can he do this to me.. ? What about those promises and vow ? Are all those fake ? Why is he being so indifferent ? Why did he changed ? Or it's just that he has been hiding his true self ? Does he thinks that this is a game ? "

" Why... Why.... Why on earth ? What on earth ? How on earth ? God, please enlighten me. Someone please tell me what exactly had happened. I know he is doing this because something drastic must have happened to him.. "

The girl is now sitting down on the floor, on the verge of breaking down as her tears are running non-stop. 

" I shouldn't have add fuel to the fire.. "

 

" Let's not see each other for a period of time.  "

" Why ?! " The girl was so shocked.

" Sorry, I think I really need this period of time. " 

" No, I won't agree to it until you tell me what happened. You are making me so worried... May you please tell me what happened ? So I can help you ? " 

" Nope, you can't help.. Just do what I said. " 

" Don't tell me you are falling for someone else.. " The girl is visualising the "worst" scenario in her head.

' If I don't say yes, she will continue to ask.. I don't want her to know what her dad had done....I don't want their relationship to turn sour... I don't want her to stuck in between us.. '

" Tell me the truth ! " The girl continues.

" Yes. Hence please grant me this wish. " The guy grits his teeth. He is so frustrated about himself, being so helpless.

" I will, let's break up. " The girl stomped off . 

 

 

Author's Note : TADAH I AM BACK. I am so sorry for coming back late again. Erm so basically, my holidays have gone and so I am a bit busy but I am quite free today henceforth, I am back with this chapter.

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ERTED LEE TAE MIN.