`Guilt

My Two Guardian Angels & One Guardian Devil

 

`

Danson couldn’t take it anymore. Sure, he was a gentleman but with all the advances that Hebe had been making, it was too much to resist. He felt his gaze lock with Hebe’s, “Hebe..” He started off, leaning closer.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

The sound of the bell somewhat brought Danson back to his senses and he immediately backed off and looked away, sheepishly, “Um..I’ll go open the door.” He said and stood up, walking towards the door.

Hebe lay on the sofa, looking at Danson’s back view. Honestly, she felt a slight guilt sweep pass her when she saw the sheepish look on his face. ‘Hebe Tian..You shouldn’t be using Danson like this. He’s a good guy and he shouldn’t be your tool for revenge..’

Danson opened the door and to his surprise, Genie was there.

“Surprise!” She smiled, before looking into his house and spotting Hebe, “Umm..sorry. Am I interrupting something?”

Danson scratched his neck awkwardly, “Look..it isn’t exactly what you think it is.”

Genie chuckled, “Don’t be shy, ah zhe!” Although it hadn’t been long since the two of them met, Genie and Danson had gotten pretty close and they had shared secrets and even made nicknames for each other, “This kind of thing is normal, you’re after all a grown man now.” She winked.

“Seriously, it isn’t eactly..Hmm. I have something to tell you later, I’m not that sure about it but..anyways, can you do me a favour and..”

Just then, Hebe came from behind Danson, “Umm Danson?”

Danson turned around, and smiled a little “Yes Hebe?”

“I think I’ll go now..I’m sorry for the trouble tonight..”

“It’s no trouble really, you’re my girlfriend now. It’s my duty to take care of you.” Danson held Hebe’s hand, “You know..you can stay in my guest room tonight. I’m not going to let you go home when you’re half drunk.”

Hebe looked up at Danson, “Really? Thank Danson.” She said and pecked him on the cheek.

Danson smiled, “No need for thanks between us, right? Come on, I’ll show you to my guest room.” He said and led her in. Before he did though, he flashed Genie an apologetic look and signaled her into the house.

...

“Here it is,” Danson opened the door for Hebe, “Goodnight Hebe. Sleep well my princess.”

‘Princess..Ah bu used to call me that all the time..’ She thought, but before she could think more, she stopped herself, “Thanks Danson..”

He furrowed his brows and poked the bridge of her nose lightly, “What did I say about thanks back downstairs?”

Despite all that went on, she chuckled and nodded, “Alright alright. No more thanks.”

Danson smiled and patted her head, “Okay, go to sleep now silly girl. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said and left the room.

She sighed, “You’re the silly one..why are you so nice to me..”

“Hey cheery, sorry for neglecting you just now.”

Cheery was the nickname Danson had made for Genie, she had given him the nickname ‘Ah Zhe’ and he told her he found that too common and that he would come up with a more innovative nickname for her. Then he told her that his first impression of her was that she was a cheery girl, and therefore, the nickname was formed.

Genie looked up at Danson who was coming down the stairs, “It’s okay Ah Zhe. I wouldn’t blame you, that’s the girl of your dreams, I would have done the same if it was the guy of my dreams!” She laughed.

Danson chuckled, “Thanks for being so understanding.” He said as he took his seat beside her.

“So..what did you want to tell me just now?”

“Okay, just now Hebe came to my house drunk and all and we nearly…” He trailed off.

Genie coughed, “Am I thinking the right thing?”

Danson looked down, “Yeah.”

“You should be happy then right? I mean..you love her.”

“ I do. But that’s why I felt bad. She’s just broken up with her ex, and honestly, I don’t know much about what went on between them. The last time I saw him, I could tell he really loved her and the last time I saw her together with him, she was really happy. Me and her..we’ve just gotten together, and I don’t want to take advantage of her anytime soon. I just want her to be happy.”

“Aww Ah Zhe..that’s really sweet.”

“It is?” He asked, before smiling and patting Genie’s shoulder, “I nearly succumbed to the temptation though…I really have to thank you for coming in time.”

Genie chuckled slightly, “It’s only normal that you nearly did, but it’s abnormal that you’re thankful for me stopping it. Anyhow, we’re friends so you’re always welcome.”

From the corner of the second floor, Hebe stood behind the wall. She had heard their entire conversation. Guilt filled her heart upon hearing Danson’s words. A single tear streamed down her cheek and she said, “I’m sorry Danson..I really am..”

`

Arron lay against the wall and looked out of the window.

Staying in the hospital could be described in three words – boring, boring and boring. He had been sitting there and gazing out of the window for the past few hours with nothing to do. Well, not exactly nothing to do. He had been thinking of her the whole time.

A bitter smile escaped his lips. Thinking of her – that was what he used to do for the past twenty odd years. Ever since the first time he realized his feelings for her, thinking of her became a routine and even finally, when they had got together, he would think of her as long as she was out of sight. He had wanted to be with her forever, but then..

“How’s our Mr.Cutie doing today?” A teasing voice came from a distance away.

He turned to look, his train of thought disrupted. “Oh it’s you.”

“Hey, what’s with that reply? You should be glad to see me! Who else would visit you now?” Rainie entered the room with a pout, “Anyways, is that how you treat your only friend?”

Arron forced a slight smile before frowning at her last comment, “Right..and by the way, you are not my only friend.”

Rainie cocked her eyebrows before smirking a little, “Oh is that so? Then how come I don’t see anyone else coming to visit you huh? Not even that girl that you love so much?”

That sentence hit him hard and all he could do was look down. Silence filled the air and Rainie suddenly realized the folly of her words, “Um..look. I’m. sorry..Anyways..I brought food for you, have some?” She smiled and held up a plastic bag which contained porridge.

Arron kept silent but his stomach just could not follow suit – he hadn’t eaten anything since the previous night.

Upon hearing his stomach growl, Rainie laughed, “Alright I know I said the wrong words but don’t make your tummy suffer because of me.” She smacked his head lightly and swung the porridge in front of him, “Take it.”

Although hesitant, his hand took the plastic bag over.

“Thanks.”

`

I've finally updated again! I just got really guilty for not updating even though I said I would, especially since I got a comment today. Aigoo. I'm having exams soon so I'm probably going to leave my beloved computer for awhile but the comments that I've received in the recent times have made me decide to update this! In fact, I stayed up just to type this chapter so hopefully all of you like it! As you can see, my writing style has changed (since the previous chapters were written like 4-5 years back) so hope this chapter doesn't disappoint! And please do leave comments. Thankyouuuuu~ <3