The Prediction

Charms and Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Suzy dragged Krystal along at a fortune-teller.

“Palli,” Suzy excitedly said while dragging Krystal.

“Wait, wait. You’re too excited.”

Suzy and Krystal wandered inside the store which looks mystical. There were old books placed on the bookshelves, antique decorations and furniture, and a dream catcher hanged on the doorway. The windows were covered with dark curtains pasted with luminous starry stickers. The place looks like the school of witchcraft and wizardry. Krystal rubbed her arms and whispered, “Suji-yah, this place scares me.”

Suzy tightly grasped in Krystal’s arm. “Nado. Do you think there are live snakes and frogs in here?”

Krystal hit Suzy’s arm lightly. “You’re overreacting! They may be dead in a jar already. Let’s just go home.”

“No, we will not go home yet! I just want to try this.”

Krystal rolled her eyes. “Whatever. How about I’ll wait for you outside?”

“How about a no?”

Suddenly, someone at their back placed her hands on the girls’ shoulder, which made them scream and turn their backs. A long black-haired woman wearing big spikey necklace, beaded bracelets, and long orange dress welcomed them with a poker face. She asked, “Welcome to the Charms and Wishes Store.”

Krystal and Suzy looked at each other. Suzy nervously smiled, “Ah, thank you…uhm…ahjumma.”

“Eonnie. Call me, eonnie. Do I look like an old woman to you?”

Krystal chuckled.

Suzy elbowed Krystal. “Ah, Eonnie. We are here to ask for our fortunes.”

Krystal shook her head. “Not me. Only her.”

 “Well, then. Follow me.”

The woman guided Krystal and Suzy to a table and asked Suzy to shuffle the Tarot cards and divide them into three piles. After that, Suzy and Krystal nervously sat on the chair. The tarot reader asked Suzy to choose among the piles. Then, the tarot reader scattered the cards and let Suzy picked one card. Before she took a peek on the card, she asked, “What’s your name and birthday?”

“Bae Suji. October 10, 1994.”

The tarot reader nodded. She gazed at Suzy and said, “You were born with a good heart. You don’t want to lose people that you love. You feel alone but you try to enjoy things on your own. You are playful and hard-headed. You do believe in charms and wishes.”

Krystal’s mouth widened. “Wah~ seriously, how did you know that Suji believes in those things?”

Suzy’s eyes were wide in astonishment. “Daebak!”

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter