Chapter 2

I Love You, Bro


 

 

Chanyeol quickly ran to the table and immediately drank his coffee in one gulp, not caring if his tongue might burn or what. His priority right now is to leave the house as soon as he could.

 

“Why’re you in such a hurry?” His mother asked him. She checked her watch. It’s just 6:03. And Chanyeol’s class starts at 7:30. There’s no way he’d be late. It only takes him 30 minutes to go to school. So why is he hurrying?

 

Chanyeol placed his cup on the table and wiped off the residue at the corners of his mouth as he spoke.“Yejin told me that we’ll go to school early today. I forgot about it and woke up late. So I really need to hurry. I don’t want her to wait long.” He quickly explained as he grabbed a piece of toasted bread with melted butter. He was about to go but he noticed the expression displayed on his mother’s face.

 

She was smiling mischievously. And obviously she’s thinking about the possibility of having Yejin as her daughter-in-law. She has always always been rooting for her after all.

 

Chanyeol sighed in irritation. “Omma!”

 

“What? I didn’t say anything.” She defended herself.

 

Chanyeol scowled. “Eventhough you don’t say anything, I already know what you’re thinking.” He told his mother.

 

“Why do you not like her? Yejin is so kind and she’s polite. She’s the same age as yours and the two of you are pretty close. I’ll be happy if she became your wife.” His mother told him in response.

 

She has always liked Yejin for Chanyeol despite the fact that she was boyish and such, she knew that Chanyeol and her makes a good match.

 

“This is the last time I’m going to say it Omma. Yejin and I are best friends. And there’s no way that I’ll like her. So please, stop thinking about her being my girlfriend, wife and such.” Chanyeol mumbled with a displeased look. He’s been so tired of explaining these things to her. It’s just that she won’t listen.

 

To him, Kim Yejin was his closest friend. Nothing more. Nothing less. And there's nothing romantic going on between the two of them. And that will never happen. Ever.

 

Just the mere thought of having her as his girlfriend is a complete disaster. It's a big NO.

 

And she's not even a girl. How would she be his girlfriend right?

 

“If you don’t like her, then who do you like? You’re already in your teens. Why don’t you have a girlfriend?” His mother started bombarding him with questions.

 

Chanyeol opened his mouth to defend himself but surprisingly, no words came out of him. And he also wondered why he doesn’t have a girlfriend. His mother was right.

 

*How come I don’t have a girlfriend?* He suddenly asked himself.

 

His mom gave him a suspecting look. “Are you gay?”

 

“Omma!” Chanyeol frowned. “I don’t have a girlfriend because I don’t have anyone that I like.” He mumbled before stomping his way out of the house.

 

 

….

 

 

 

Chanyeol arrived at their room at exactly 6:37. And they decided to meet each other at exactly 6:15. He whipped his head around the place, searching for Yejin. She was nowhere to be found.

 

“Could she possibly be late too?” He wondered. A small hint of hope sparked inside his chest.

 

But those hopes shattered when the door opened and Yejin came inside.

 

“You’re late!” She exclaimed at him as she went to her seat with a small box in her hand.

 

Chanyeol excitedly walked up to her. “Did you manage to catch it?” He asked as he peeked on what’s inside the box.

 

Yejin smiled triumphantly. “Of course!” She boasted off as she opened the box and showed Chanyeol the praying mantis that she just caught earlier.

 

They agreed to go to school earlier and catch the praying mantis they’ve been eyeing a few weeks ago. Why would they do that? It's boy stuff. Let's just say they love the sight of those insects and they actually thought of having those as a pet. It maybe creepy for others, but for them, it was fun.

 

"Cool." Chanyeol’s eyes glimmered in delight as he watched the praying mantis inside the box. "What should we name him?"

 

"Isn't 'praying mantis' enough?" Yejin asked as she wrinkled her nose. She was too lazy to even think of a name. Besides why would she name someone or something that already has a name right?

 

Chanyeol immediately shook his head. "No! We should give him a name." He mumbled as he opened the box again to see the mantis for the second time. "I've only seen this is books before. It looks really coo in personl."

 

"Careful." Yejin hissed at him as she safely covered the box. "It might come out. It took me hours before I could finally catch it." 

 

"Mian." Chanyeol smiled goofily. "How are we going to take care of him? Whose going to bring him home? What does it eat?" He asked her a question after another.

 

Yejin pushed the box towards him. "It's yours now."

 

His eyes widened in delight. "You're giving it to me?!" He asked, not believing what he just heard.

 

"My mom doesn't like insects and she'll throw that out immediately if she sees it. And just think of it as my peace offering to you." She told him in a bored tone.

 

Chanyeol's brows furrowed. "Peace offering? Did we fight?"

 

"I stepped on your foot remember?"

 

"Ahh." He nodded. Now he gets her point. "Thank you Yejin-ah! You're really the best!" He exclaimed as he hugged her. Yejin quickly pushed him away. "Disgusting." She mumbled with a sour face.

 

"Why am I disgusting huh? I took a bath! And I sprayed perfume too!" Chanyeol exclaimed like a kid.

 

"Find yourself a girlfriend and hug her. Not me. Okay?" 

 

And with those words, Chanyeol was reminded of his conversation with his mother just this morning.  He was again reminded of something that suddenly bugged the hell out of him. 

 

Yejin noticed his sudden silence. She studied his expression. Was he offended by what she told him earlier? "Yah. Are you okay?" She asked him as she nudged his arm.

 

He looked up at her. "We're best friends right?" 

 

Yejin nodded. "Sadly. Yes." She mumbled sarcastically.

 

 

 

 

"Help me find a girlfriend."

 

 

 

 

 

 

2nd Chapter! I hope you like it.

tumblr_ms0ko7syOS1spoawio1_500.gif

 

Congratulations to EXO for winning the album of the year award. They deserve it. And congratulations to INFINITE as well! So proud of them. <33

 

tumblr_mwijcnrFQo1syep3jo1_250.gif

 

That's it~ Byeeee! ^^

tumblr_monpy9GRnX1rgnyq9o1_500.gif