Chapter 12

I Love You, Bro

 

 

 

Chanyeol ran his hand through his messy hair as he sighed problematically. What Yejin said earlier really bothered him up to the moon and back. He can still hear her voice as she spoke those harsh words.

 

 

 

“I don’t like guys who like me.”

 

 

 

I know that she’s boyish, but what’s the reason of hating guys who like her? Is it my fault that she so adorable and all?

 

I don’t really get her.

 

But that’s not the main problem here. The problem is, if she finds out that I’m in love with her, she’ll hate me for it. I won’t be able to see her. She won’t hug me anymore. She’ll avoid me for the rest of her life. I don’t want that to happen. That’s something that I’m scared of. I don’t want to lose Yejin. Chanyeol sat up from his bed. He has to think of a solution to his problem. And there’s only one solution that he could think of.

 

I have to shut my feelings away. That way, I can still be by her side. There’ll be no problems. It’s better that way. Right?

 

He asked himself even though he clearly knows the answer. For him it was clearly not okay. After finding out that he is in love with his best friend, now he has to pretend as if he doesn’t.  

 

How hard could this get?

 

Chanyeol covered his face with his palms. “I’ll do it. I’ll shut my feelings away.” He mumbled quietly. It’s for the best. For her to be still by her side. And for him to be able to stand by her side.

 

“My feelings would somehow fade away right?” He asked himself quietly. His heart was already shouting the answer to his question. And he chose to pretend not to hear it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The following day,

 

Yejin went inside their classroom and as she scanned the students in the room, she immediately found Chanyeol staring into space. “Yah! Chanyeol-ah!’ She shouted at him.

 

As soon as he heard her voice calling out for him, Chanyeol panicked. What do I do now? He asked himself as he looked around trying to find something which he can use as an excuse for not dropping off at her house.

 

“We’re supposed to go to school together right? Why did you go ahead of me?” Yejin pouted as she crossed her arms over her chest, wanting a valid reason from him. They’ve always went to school together. That went on for years. And she was wondering why he didn’t bother to tell her that he can’t accompany her today.

 

Chanyeol gulped as he fixated his eyes on his hands. “I was …on a hurry. I thought I was late. My watch kinda.. died. It’s malfunctioning. Sorry.” Beads of sweat formed in his forehead as he spoke. He has never once lied to her. And he was afraid that she would know that he is lying since she knows him too well.

 

Yejin glanced at his watch. “But it looks okay.”

 

“I already bought new batteries.” he added with a forced smile.

 

Yejin eyed him. And he grew worried. Please don’t find out that I’m lying.

 

Yejin nodded, fully convinced with her best friend’s lie. “Okay.” She responded glumly as she headed towards her chair. Chanyeol watched as she walked away. “Mianhe Yejin-ah.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“When are we going to have another basketball match? I’m really itching to eat lunch bought by Yejin.” Baekhyun asked them as he glared at Yejin.

 

Yejin smacked Baekhyun’s head in return. “There’s no way that’d happen. Sehun, Kyungsoo and I are the Dream Team.” She boasted off with a big grin.

 

Baekhyun shook his head disapprovingly. “Dream Team? That’s us.”

 

Chanyeol eyed her. If we’re going to play basketball, chances are, I’m going to play with Yejin. And what happened before might just happen again. Chanyeol thought as he munched on his sandwich. I can’t let that happen.

 

“We should go play right after our classes today!” Jongin exclaimed. He’s really eager to win this time.

 

“I’m okay with it. What about you Baek? Is your wallet still okay?” Yejin smirked at him as she placed her arm around his shoulder.

 

Chanyeol suddenly stood up and got in between them as fast as he could, causing Yejin to remove her hand from Baekhyun’s shoulder. This was something he doesn’t want to see. “Excuse me. I’ll just get the soy sauce.” He murmured as he grabbed the small plastic container containing soy sauce.

 

Sehun frowned at him. “Hyung are you going to put that in your sandwich?” He asked, as his face turned sour.

 

Chanyeol realized that it was a bad combination. Soy sauce was never meant to be put in sandwiches. What the hell was he thinking?

 

“I wonder what the taste will be like.” Suho mumbled in disgust. Just the thought of it is making him cringe.

 

“It’s delicious for sure.” Chanyeol had no other choice but to pour the soy sauce on his sandwich. This is what he get for being too jealous with Baek. Just why did it have to be soy sauce?

 

“Are you sure that’s edible?” Kyungsoo asked him worriedly.

 

Chanyeol munched on his sandwich as he nodded. “Yes. It’s edible.” He mumbled with a forced smile. “It’s delicious too. Wanna try?” He offered.

 

His friends just looked at him weirdly as they all shook their heads. Sandwiches with soy sauce was not their thing. “Don’t worry. Our Chanyeol is just weird like this.” Yejin patted his head playfully.

 

Chanyeol slightly blushed at the contact. Even just a simple touch yet it has a big effect on him. So to prevent unnecessary things from happening, he chose to walk towards his seat in silence. Chanyeol cleared his throat as he spoke. “We should not play today, tomorrow and the day after.”

 

“WHY?!” They all asked.

 

“Give us a good reason why not.” Baekhyun challenged him.

 

Damn you Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol thought as he eyed his friend.

 

“Exams are coming up. We need to study guys.” He blurted out. And for once he was happy that exams are coming their way.

 

“That’s kind of true.” Suho nodded in approval.

 

Kai frowned. “So we’ll cancel the game?”

 

“We have no other choice.” Sehun answered him. “We don’t want to get bad grades like you.”

 

Kai just made a face at him in response. He never cared about his grades anyways.

 

“Chanyeol-ah, let’s go to the mart later. My mom asked me to buy something.” Yejin suddenly told him.

 

“I-I can’t.” He lied.

 

She frowned. “Why?”

 

He stared at her face. She was frowning cutely without her noticing it. Don’t make that face in front of me Yejin-ah. I might just hug you out of nowhere. “I have something else to do.” He lied again as he looked away.

 

“I’ll come with you instead!” Baekhyun smiled at her.

 

Yejin nodded slowly. “Okay. So the two of us----“

 

“Three of us.” Chanyeol corrected her.

 

Yejin blinked at him in confusion. “Didn’t you just say that you have something to do?”

 

“I remembered that I have to buy something too. So I’ll come with you guys.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! Sorry for the late update~ *_*

 

I actually published a Chen story. Mind checking it out? Thanks. ^^

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/634000/87-steps-to-kim-jongdae-romance-you-chen-jongdae

 

See you next time. 

tumblr_n0ej77ed7X1t7llb2o1_500.gif

<3

 

Your fan number one is bothering you?

lol.