Chapter 11

I Love You, Bro

 

 

During lunch break,

 

“Thank you for the lunch!” Kyungsoo mumbled as he rubbed his tummy. A smile was painted on his heart shaped lips.

 

“Everything that’s free always tastes good.” Sehun nodded in agreement.

 

“Lose again next time so we could have free lunch okay?” Yejin told Jongin and Chanyeol who were currently sulking in front of them. Today was the day where they have to buy them free lunch since they lost to Yejin's team during their last game. “Where’s Baek?” Yejin asked them. It was her chance to make fun of him but unfortunately he wasn’t around. Where did that guy go?

 

“He said he’ll just wash his hands.” Jongin told her boredly as he took out his phone and started texting his girl 'friends'.

 

“Look what I found~” Baekhyun suddenly arrived waving a picture of a little girl dressed in a frilly white dress. The six of them immediately ducked at the picture to examine who it was. And Yejin was the first one to react.

 

“Throw it away.” She commented sourly as she was about to snatch it but Sehun was faster than her. Damn him and his long arms.Yejin mentally cursed him.

 

“Is this you?” He asked as he chuckled, his eyes were still fixed at the picture. He coldn't really believe that it was her. 

 

Yejin flatly denied as she crossed her arms over her chest. “No.”

 

“This is clearly you when you were little!” Kyungsoo pointed out. "Your eyes are the same!"

 

Jongin stopped texting and snatched the photo from Sehun. “Let’s take a picture of it.” He grinned as he immediately took a shot of Yejin’s childhood photo. "Let's use this to blackmail her next time."

 

“Just where did you get that picture?” Yejin growled at Baekhyun. She was beyond pissed because of what he did.

 

He smiled brightly at her. “I saw it at Chanyeol’s room yesterday.”

 

Yejin then turned to Chanyeol. Ready enough to hear his thorough explanation about what her childhood picture was doing in his room.

 

“I think my mom misplaced it.” Chanyeol immediately reasoned out. Why did Baek took it without my permission?! He screamed inside his head.

 

“You look pretty on the picture Yejin-ah.” Suho told her with a genuine smile.

 

“Not funny Joonmyeon.” Yejin mumbled under her breath. She thought Suho was making fun of her too.

 

Kai grinned as he looked at Baekhyun, giving him a signal that they should team up against her. It was time for them to take their revenge on Yejin. Baekhyun easily agreed.

 

“Suho hyung is right. Yejin looks pretty on the picture.” Kai said. He knew that her comment will irk her even more.

 

Baekhyun immediately sat beside Yejin. “But she looks prettier today.” He told her as he rested his chin on his arm which was propped to the table. He was examining her closely.

 

“Stop it.” Yejin eyed Baekhyun coldly.

 

Baekhyun innocently blinked at her. “I’m not even doing anything. What should I stop?” He grinned at her.

 

Yejin held his ear and pinched it as hard as she could. “I already told you to stop making fun of me didn’t I?” She told him with a sarcastic smile.

 

“It hurts! I’ll stop now! Let me go!” Baekhyun whined like a child. Yejin decided to let go of his ear three seconds after and then she patted his head. “Good dog.” Baek just glared at her.

 

“Yejin-ah, you look really girly in this photo. What happened?” Kyungsoo asked out of the blue.

 

Yejin was about to hit Baek but he ducked away. “Hey! It was Kyungsoo! Why are you going to hit me?” Baekhyun reasoned out. "It's because you're the one who brought the picture!"

 

“Answer us.” Sehun told her demandingly.

 

Yejin had no choice but to answer. Shifted her eyes from side to side as she fidgetted her fingers which were under the table. “I just… evolved.” She mumbled uncomfortably.

 

They laughed at her thinking that she was joking. And they all laughed  except for one person.

 

Chanyeol.

 

He wasn’t laughing because he knew what happened before and why she changed. And he knew that it was something personal. And it's something serious.

 

“There’s someone from our class who likes you Yejin-ah. And the last time we met, he asked me if he stands a chance on you.” Suho told her.

 

Chanyeol’s ears perked up as he heard what Joonmyeon said. There’s someone else who likes her? Who might that be? He thought as he silently eyed Yejin. And he saw how Yejin’s face contorted in disgust. She was clearly not amused with the idea of having suitors.

 

“Do you want to meet him?” Suho offered.

 

“NO.” She flatly answered. Chanyeol smiled happily. It means that his rival doesn't stand a chance on her heart.

 

Sehun turned to her. “Why not? You might actually like him.”

 

“I don’t like guys who like me.” She simply said.

 

Chanyeol felt his heart shattered at what he just heard. “Why?” he unconsciously asked her.

 

“I just hate them. As simple as that.”

 

She’ll automatically hate me if I confess to her. Chanyeol thought with a frown. I don’t want to lose her.

 

“What if it’s Chanyeollie?” Baekhyun asked as he pointed to Chanyeol.

 

Yejin’s brows furrowed in confusion. “What do you mean?”

 

“What if Chanyeol secretly likes you?” Baekhyun asked her. Chanyeol’s eyes widened. What is he saying?! “Yah Baekhyun---“

 

Yejin laughed as if it was the stupidest thing she heard. “That’s not possible. Chanyeol is my best friend. There’s no way he’ll possibly like me.” She said as she turned to Chanyeol with a smile. “Right?”

 

I don't want that bright smile to turn into a frown. Chanyeol had no other choice but to agree. He slowly nodded. “Right.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:3

 

tumblr_mrati8s1g51s18gzio1_500.gif