Chapter 6

I Love You, Bro

 

 

 

 

“I’m actually with someone.” Chanyeol finally smiled as he pointed to Yejin who was hiding beside a certain tree, making sure that Chanyeol properly apologized to her.

 

He immediately pulled Yejin towards them. “What the hell are you doing?!” Yejin hissed at him as she struggled to get out of his grasp. Unfortunately, she couldn’t. This giant is surprisingly stronger than he looks.

 

Chorong’s smile faded. It was Yejin. It was her. Again. *Why is she here?* She thought as she bit her lower lip and stared at her feet.

 

“You already know her right?” Chanyeol asked Chorong, his hands were still on Yejin’s wrist to make sure that she won’t run away.

 

She slowly nodded. “Yes. Why?”

 

He gave her a big grin. “She’s coming with us.” He announced.

 

Yejin’s eyes widened as she turned to him. *Just what is he thinking?!* She thought. Yejin waved her hands in front of her as a sign of ‘no’ “That’s not true! I’m really on my way home. I’m tired and I don-----“

 

Chanyeol clamped his free hand to , shutting her up in an instant. “She’s lying.” He mumbled awkwardly. Yejin quickly shook her head.

 

“Yejin doesn’t like being alone. And as her best friend, I think it’s best if she comes with us. Do you agree?” He asked Chorong.

 

She tried to smile. “It’s okay.”

 

“Thanks.” Chanyeol happily exclaimed as he finally let go of Yejin. “Don’t go anywhere and stay with me.” He whispered to her ear.

 

“And why would I?!” She hissed back.

 

“Because we’re best friends.” Chanyeol smiled as he slung his arm around her neck and pulled her closer to him. “And best friends are supposed to help each other during tough times right?”

 

Chorong eyed the two of them. Are best friends supposed to be this close? She asked herself as she bit her lower lip.

 

 

 

 

 

Inside the café,

 

“What do you want to order, Chanyeol?” Chorong asked him as she smiled sweetly.

 

He didn’t seem to be affected by her smile and he just continued scanning the menu list with his furrowed brows. He can’t seem to find something appetizing. Coffees are not his thing after all. He turned to Yejin who was forced to sit beside him since he doesn’t want to sit with Chorong. “Yejin-ah, what do you want to order?” he asked her.

 

“I’ll try Caramel Macchiato.” She mumbled.

 

“I’ll try that one too.” Chanyeol immediately said. “Let’s also order almond cookies and blueberry crepe.” he added with a big smile.

 

“Okay.” Yejin agreed.

 

“I’ll be ordering Choco Mint Tea and some cake.” Chorong tried to in their conversation. They’ve been talking as if she was not around. As if she wasn’t in front of them. She was being out of place. First Chanyeol sat beside Yejin. And now he’s not talking to her.

 

Chanyeol’s face soured as he heard her. “Choco Mint? You like those?” He asked her.

 

Chorong finally smiled. He finally talked to her. Her idea worked. They could finally start a conversation. “Yes. It’s my favorite.”

 

“I hate those. They don’t taste good to me.” Chanyeol said without thinking.

 

Chorong was at loss for words. How can he say that in front of my face? Are we really not that compatible? She thought with a small pout.

 

Yejin noticed that she looked sad. And she purposely stepped on Chanyeol’s foot out of the blue.

 

“Aww!” He yelped in pain as he turned to her. “Why did you step on my foot?” Chanyeol asked her innocently. He didn’t do anything to her and yet she’s stepping on his foot. What the hell is wrong with her?

 

“Be nice to her.” She whispered to him.

 

His brows pinched together as he spoke. “But I’m not doing anything bad to her.” He defended his self. He was right after all. He’s not even doing anything to her.

 

“Talk to her!”

 

Chanyeol glared at her before finally turning to Chorong. Oh gosh. He doesn’t really like talking with her. “Chorong,” He called her.

 

“Yes?”

 

“What time are we going to go home?” He asked her with a poker face on.

 

Yejin sighed as she shook her head. Chanyeol is such an idiot. How did we become best friends again? Why did I allow myself to hang out with this stupid guy?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The waitress finally arrived with a small tray in her hands. One by one she placed their orders on the table.

 

Yejin noticed that there was two  small heart cupcakes. She turned to the waitress. “We didn’t order heart shaped cupcakes. I think you got your orders mixed up.” She politely told her.

 

The waitress smiled as she shook her head. “No. It’s our giveaway for couples since it’s our first day of opening the shop. It’s for you and your boyfriend.” She told Yejin.

 

“Boyfriend? What boyfriend? I don’t have one.” Yejin quickly shook her head.

 

“Yes. She doesn’t have a boyfriend because she’s not even a girl.” Chanyeol teased.

 

“Shut up!”

 

The waitress chuckled. “The two of you are such a cute couple.” She said as she pointed at Chanyeol.

 

“COUPLE?!” Both of them exclaimed as they looked at each other with disgust.

 

“No freaking way. I’d rather date a slug than date this guy.” Yejin mumbled.

 

“The feeling is mutual. Don’t worry. I won’t ever date you.” Chanyeol answered back.

 

“Yes. Don’t ever ever ever ever try.”

 

“I really really really really won’t.”

 

The waitress left while shaking her head. For her, the two looked cute.

 

Chorong silently sipped her tea and watched the two interact. And she realized something. The situation she was in was awkward. Really awkward. It was as if she is the third wheel here. As if Yejin and Chanyeol were the ones who were supposed to be dating.

 

It was her and Chanyeol who’s supposed to have their date today.

 

But it turned out to be the complete opposite of it.

 

For the nth time, she glanced at Chanyeol. The way he speak, the way his face scrunch to the side whenever he snickers, the way he acts around her, and the way he looks at her.

 

It was different. Totally different than how she treats any other girls in school including her.

 

Is it only because they are best friends?

 

I don’t think so.

 

I think, Chanyeol likes her.

 

No. I think he’s in love with her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_m9401wfhXm1rdp2qyo1_500.gif

 

Christmas breaaaaaak~ :D

 

tumblr_m4qslsNpfW1qd34mno1_250.gif tumblr_m4qslsNpfW1qd34mno2_250.gif

tumblr_m4qslsNpfW1qd34mno3_250.gif tumblr_m4qslsNpfW1qd34mno4_250.gif