Chapter 5

I Love You, Bro

 

 

 

“Omma! I’m already dating someone!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he ran towards his mother who is cooking in the kitchen.

 

This was one of the reasons why he forced himself to ask Chorong out on a date. To brag to his mom the he can find himself a girlfriend too. To prove to her that he’s not gay. And to prove to her that he doesn’t like Kim Yejin.

 

His mother smiled as she turned to him. “Is it Yejin? Did you finally ask her out?” She asked him in excitement. She was thinking that atlast, his son has finally come down to his senses.

 

His smile automatically faded as he heard her name. “What are you talking about? It’s not her of course!” He looked disgusted as he quickly shook his head.

 

“If it’s not Yejin, then who is it?” His mother asked in disappointment.

 

“Her name’s Park Chorong.” Chanyeol told her with a big grin.

 

Her eyebrows furrowed as she heard him spoke. “Chorong? Who’s that? How come I’ve never heard about her before?” Her tone was upset. How come Chanyeol dated someone whom she doesn’t even know?

 

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck. “She’s.. she’s from another class.” Other than that, he doesn’t know anything about her. So he had no choice but to say those.

 

His mother narrowed her eyes on him. “Do you love her?”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened. *Love?* He gulped. That’s such a big word. “Chorong’s.. she.. uh.. she’s okay.” He stuttered, not knowing what to say.

 

“See? You don’t even like her!”

 

“No matter what, we’re dating. So that proves that I’m not gay and that Yejin and I will never be together. Okay? I’ll go to sleep now.” He said before leaving.

 

"If you continue being like that, you'll be in big trouble!" His mother told him. But he didn't care. What's important is he was dating someone now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol slumped on his bed. *Maybe I should give Yejin a call, we didn’t have the chance to talk earlier because of Chorong.* He thought as he reached for his phone but before he could even dial Yejin’s number, it already rang.

 

It was an unregistered number. But still, he answered it. It might be someone he knew after all.

 

“Hello?” The unfamiliar voice spoke. And it sounded like a girl.

 

Chanyeol’s brows furrowed. *Who might this person be? Is this a prank call?* He thought as he answered back. “Who’s this?”

 

“It’s me Oppa.” She said. Chanyeol raised his right brow. *Oppa? No one calls me an Oppa.* He thought as he eyed the phone. *I think it’s really a prank call.*

 

“Who are you?” he asked.

 

“It’s Chorong.” She sounded a bit disappointed.

 

*Why is she calling me?* His eyes widened. “Where did you get my number?” He asked her straight to the point. He found it somewhat annoying talking to her. Why? She sounded girly and all. What’s more is she calls him ‘Oppa’

 

He’d prefer talking with Yejin.

 

“I got it from Yejin.” That was her short reply.

 

Chanyeol bit his lower lip. *That girl really… Why did she give Chorong my number!* He thought furiously.

 

“Why did you call me?” He asked her.

 

“Would you like to go out tomorrow? There’s a new coffee shop near the university. Let’s go there.”

 

“Tomorrow? It’s Saturday tomorrow. We don’t have classes---“

 

“See you at 9am tomorrow!”

 

“But we have bas---“

 

The line went off. She already hung up. Chanyeol frowned as he eyed his phone. “I never said yes though.” He mumbled to himself as he just shrugged it off. Saturday is his play day. He can’t just with her to a coffee shop and abandon his friends.

 

No way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Saturday. 10:30

 

They were playing the basket court as their usual Saturday routine. Yejin walked towards the bleachers and drank from the water jug to quench her thirst. And that’s when she heard Chanyeol’s phone ringing.

 

She grabbed his phone. It was an unregistered number. “Chanyeol-ah, someone’s calling!” She shouted at him who was busy blocking Jongin from scoring.

 

“Hey! Your phone is ringing! You already got 14 missed calls!” Yejin told him as she waved his phone to catch his attention.

 

Chanyeol turned to her in irritation. He doesn’t really like disturbance when he’s playing basketball. “Just answer it.”

 

Yejin pressed the answer button and placed his phone in her ears.

 

“Oppa, where are you? I told you to meet me at the café at 9 right? Did you forget?”

 

Yejin’s eyes widened. It was Park Chorong. And they’re supposed to have their date.

 

*Aish. He’s really stupid.* She thought as she slapped her forehead with her hand. “Chorong-ah, it’s me Yejin. Chanyeol’s already on his way there. Please wait for him for a little while.” Yejin lied. She knew that Chorong will be furious if she found out that Chanyeol totally forgot about their date.

 

“Okay.”Disappointment resonated in her voice. But who wouldn’t be disappointed right? First Chanyeol was late. And now, Yejin was the one who answered his phone. Are they really that close? Chorong thought as she ended the call and sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Just how stupid can you get? How can you forget your date with her?” Yejin scolded him as they were going to the café house where they were supposed to meet.

 

“I didn’t say yes to her! It’s true! I really didn’t!” He tried to explain to her. He didn’t want her to think that he was a bad guy or anything. But he never really said yes to her. And one more thing is, he doesn’t like to be alone with her.

 

Yejin just shook her head at him in disappointment. “You should apologize to her.”

 

“I’ll try.” He mumbled soullessly.

 

Yejin stopped and turned to him. “I have an idea.” She told him with a big grin as she eyed the flower shop near them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Few minutes later, they arrived at the café where Chorong is waiting outside.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late.” Chanyeol immediately apologized as he walked up to her with a bouquet of roses in his hand. “Did you wait long?” He asked her.

 

Chorong shook her head and gave him a small smile as she received the flowers. “It’s okay. What’s important is you’re here.”

 

“I’m actually with someone else.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the late updatee.  TT.TT

 

 

<3