Chapter 10

I Love You, Bro

 

 

 

“So how did this happen again?” Chanyeol scowled as he eyed his ‘friends’ who were already eating happily at their dining table. He stood there giving them cold stares but they weren't even affected by it.

 

Baekhyun smiled as he chewed his food. “It’s simple. We just barged in and tadah~ now we’re eating.” He told Chanyeol to irritate him more.

 

“We thought the only dish you can cook is fried egg. But it turns out that we’re wrong.” Sehun grinned at Chanyeol.

 

Jongin handed Chanyeol the bowl. “Cook more.” He instructed his hyung.

 

Chanyeol frowned. It should only be him and Yejin right now but these three idiots decided to tag along when they heard that he’s going to cook for her. Great. I can’t even find alone time with her.

 

Chanyeol went to the stew pot with heavy footsteps. He was really annoyed to begin with and they’re even ordering him around. “Lucky.” He mumbled sarcastically as he was just about to scoop the soup, but suddenly,

 

“Chanyeol-ah.” Yejin walked towards him.

 

His frown vanished instantly. Her presence was more than enough to make him feel better. “Hm?” He asked, trying to hide away the smile that he’s been fighting to hide.

 

“Why don’t we make grilled beef? That’ll be delicious.” She suggested excitedly.

 

Chanyeol eyed her. Of course it’d be about food. She won’t come here for nothing. Typical Yejin. But no matter what this girl does, she can’t seem to make him feel bad or anything of the like just how those three idiots does. She was special to him. Too damn special indeed.

 

Yejin clasped her hands together loudly to get his attention. She thought he was spacing out. “So what do you think? Can you make grilled beef today?” She asked with a wide grin.

 

Who can say ‘no’ to that face? Chanyeol let out a smile as he nodded. “Of course.”

 

“Thanks! You’re the best Chanyeol-ah!” Yejin hugged him out of excitement and happiness. This is the effect of beef which she dearly loves.

 

Chanyeol’s face turned crimson. She was hugging him. She was hugging him. YEJIN IS HUGGING HIM.

 

It took time before he could finally take grasp of everything that’s happening.

 

“This is why I really love you.” She added.

 

He knows it was just an understatement. It was something she never meant. Something that’s just normal to her. It was plainly nothing to her. But it was ‘something’ for him. She just indirectly told him that she loves him. Well it’s not that kind of love but still, it’s like music to his ears. It was something that he could listen to for forever.

 

“Aren’t you going to tell me that you love me too?” She playfully asked him. Chanyeol blushed even more. The heck. She’s really making him the hardest things sometimes.”I… love you too.” He mumbled silently. His tone was sincere but he knew she wouldn’t notice for she was naïve. Too naïve.

 

“Okay.” Yejin finally let go of him and walked away as if nothing happened. “Chanyeol said he’s going to make grilled beef!” She exclaimed happily at Jongin, Sehun and Baek.

 

Chanyeol breathed deeply. He wasn’t able to breathe properly with her around him.

 

Why is Yejin so random? Should I always buy beef just for her to hug me? He thought hopelessly. His love story depends on the beef.

 

Great.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, Chanyeol-ah, it’s already late. Why are you here?” Yejin’s mom asked him the moment she saw him as she opened the door.

 

Chanyeol smiled sheepishly. “I have to give back something to her. She left her jacket on our sofa earlier. I’ll just give it to her.” He explained politely.

 

Her mom smiled as she nodded. “She’s in her room.”

 

Chanyeol bowed before going to her room. She didn’t have to tell him where her room was because he already know where it is. They’ve been friends since they were kids and he  already knows every corner of her house and so does she.

 

Chanyeol opened the door to her room and quickly barged in. “Yejin-ah, you left your favorite jacket at my house. Why di---“ As he turned to her bedside, he realized that she was fast asleep. His eyes softened as he watched her. She was slightly snoring and he sleeping position is kind of weird. Even the way she sleeps is very unlady-like. But still, he can’t help but fall for her even more.

 

“This is weird Yejin-ah. I seem to like everything about you.” Chanyeol mumbled problematically as he eyed her. “What are you going to do about it huh? Are you going to take responsibility for how I feel for you?” He asked even though he knew she wouldn’t answer.

 

Chanyeol stood up and brushed off the dust in his shirt. “I think I should go now. See you tomorrow Yejin-ah. Goodnight.” Chanyeol smiled as he arranged her blanket.

 

“Tomorrow, please don’t make me fall too hard for you. Don’t be too adorable. I might not be able to take it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guyyyyyyys. <333

 

exo-chanyeol-on-exo-showtime-episode-3.g