Chapter 7

I Love You, Bro

 

 

 

Few days later,

 

“Chorong this is the thing I’ve been talking about.” Chanyeol told her as he excitedly handed her a small blue box with a few holes.

 

Her eyes brightened. Could it be his gift for her? She thought as she took the box and opened it. But instead of a necklace or a bracelet, it was nothing but an insect.

 

A praying mantis.

 

She squealed in fear as she threw the box away. “What is this?!” Chorong exclaimed at him.

 

Chanyeol’s smiled faded and turned into a frown. “I’m sorry. I thought you’d like it. It was my favorite pet.” He mumbled as he saw the praying mantis jump from one grass to another. And in just a few seconds, it was gone. He sulked. That was his pet after all.

 

Chorong sighed. “Who would like to see an insect?” She snapped at him.

 

“Yejin would.” He pouted. “She was the one who caught it and then she gave it to me as a gift.”

 

Yejin again. Chorong thought with a sigh. There has not been a day wherein he never mentioned her name.

 

Chanyeol looked really sad. And she suddenly felt guilty. But who would have an insect as their pet? And what kind of guy would show it to a girl?

 

Oh yeah. Park Chanyeol would.

 

Chorong closed her eyes and tried to relax. “I’m sorry too. I’m afraid of insects so I was startled. I didn’t really mean to do that.” Chorong apologized.

 

Chanyeol shook his head and tried to smile. “It’s okay. Maybe I’ll just ask Yejin to catch one for me again. Or we should catch one next time. Would you like to join us?” He asked her. 

 

Chorong turned to look at him. “You always talk about Yejin.”

 

He innocently blinked. “I do?”

 

“You always do.” Chorong answered him straight forwardly.

 

Chanyeol let out a slight smile. “Yejin is my best friend. It’s normal that we talk about her.”

 

“But is it still normal to talk about her every time?”

 

He nodded. “I think it is.”

 

“I think it’s not.”

 

“But we’re best friends.” Chanyeol tried to defend himself. “That’s just normal.” He added.

 

Chorong bit her lower lip. There he goes again with his ‘we’re best friends’ alibi.

 

“Maybe we should ask her to accompany us today. That’ll be fun.” Chanyeol grinned.

 

She didn’t reply.

 

Chanyeol took her silence as a ‘yes’ and quickly took out his phone from his pocket and he quickly dialed Yejin’s number.

 

“Let’s stop dating.”

 

He blinked twice as he looked at her. “Huh?”

 

“I said let’s stop seeing each other.” Chorong told him.

 

Chanyeol slowly absorbed her words. She was asking him to stop seeing her. This what he had been wishing for from the start. For this thing to end. He knew he was the one who asked her out but he was also the one who wanted this to stop. And now, it's going to happen.

 

“Okay.” He shortly answered her as he walked away.

 

Chorong frowned as she held his arm to stop him. “Aren’t you even going to ask me why?”  Aish. This guy is so… can’t he even try to stop me?

 

Chanyeol turned to her. “Okay. Why do you want to stop?”

 

Chorong stared at him. He's even forced to ask me why. “Do you like me?”

 

He stiffened. “Uh… what?”

 

“I’m asking you if you ever liked me.” Chorong patiently asked him. She just wanted to know the truth. Even though his actions shows it, she wants to hear it directly from him.

 

Chanyeol grew pale. How is he supposed to tell her that he doesn’t like her even just for a bit? She’ll get mad at him for sure. “Well… I…”

 

“Nevermind. I already know the answer.” Chorong answered for him. Chanyeol sighed in relief. “You don’t like me because you’re in love with someone else.” She told him.

 

Chanyeol turned to her in confusion. “Huh? I’m in love with someone else? How did that happen without me knowing?” She asked her as if it was the most absurd thing he has heard. He’s not in love with anyone.

 

“Your actions show it. You’re in love with Kim Yejin.” She said.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Not funny.” He told her with a look. What she’s trying to tell him is something that won’t happen. Like ever. Kim Yejin being his girlfriend? NO. Just no.

 

Chorong frowned. “But it’s true! You’re just not aware of it! You’re really in love with her.” She tried to explain to the thick headed guy in front of her.

 

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his head with a slight hint of irritation. He really hated this topic. “I think you misinterpreted our friendship. Yejin’s like my best-est friend. We’re like dumb and dumber when we’re together. And we’re just reaaaaally close. That’s it. No romantic feelings or whatsoever.” Chanyeol explained to her thoroughly.

 

“Have you ever considered Yejin as your girlfriend?”

 

His eyes widened. “NO WAY! Yejin’s not even a girl! She even snores louder than me. And she always wears a cap. She hates skirts and frilly things. And she’s not into makeup. She likes loose shirts and jeans. Heels are not her thing. And she hates suitors okay?” he told her.

 

Chorong smiled. This guy sure is clueless. “Yejin is still a girl. And a guy and a girl can be friends. But at one point, there’s always someone who falls for the other. And I think that’s you.” She mumbled as she pointed at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol sighed. This girl is too hard headed. Why can’t she get anything that I’m trying to tell her? ”Whatever. Believe what you want to believe in. No matter what, those won’t happen.”

 

Chorong glanced at her watch. “I have class now. I have to go.” She bade goodbye to him.

 

He just nodded at her.

 

“Chanyeol-ah, don’t forget! Yejin is a girl.” Chorong grinned at him to more.

 

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at her. “I know that. Does she think I’m stupid?” He muttered under his breath. Good thing I’m not going to date her anymore. Now that she said those to me, she has become 10,000 times more annoying than ever. He thought as he watched her walk away.

 

 

Yes. He knows that she’s biologically a girl. But he doesn’t consider her as one. And that’s the problem.

 

 

That day, since Chorong talked to Chanyeol, he couldn’t think straight. He was out of focus. And he didn’t pay attention to class. “What did she mean by saying that Yejin is a girl?” He mumbled to himself in confusion.

 

That’s when he saw Yejin approaching him. *Yejin’s here!* he thought in alarm as he tried to walk away but she already saw him.

 

.

 

“Chanyeol-ah!” She exclaimed as she waved her arm.

 

He eyed her as she walked towards him. Yejin was with Baekhyun and Kai. He frowned. *What’s she doing with those two?* He thought in disapproval.

 

“What?” He asked her in a low tone.

 

“We’re going to Baek’s today.” Kai announced as he sipped on his cola.

 

Baekhyun nodded. “Yes. My mom baked cookies. Those are delicious.” He boasted off.

 

“My mom bakes delicious cookies too. And I---“ He was about to say ‘no’ but suddenly, Yejin slung her arms around his neck playfully. “You’re coming with us right?” She asked him.

 

Chanyeol turned to her direction. Since her arms were around his neck, their faces were just a few inches apart. And Yejin was smiling at him happily, not minding how near her face was to his. *What’s with that smile?* He suddenly felt uncomfortable and he slowly moved his head away. “Uh.. yeah.” He stuttered at the contact.

 

Her smile widened even more. “Great!”

 

Chanyeol silently watched her. *Did I just stutter because of her earlier?*

 

 

NO WAY.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have you guys watched the 4th episode of EXO's Showtime? They were crying in the end because of the movie right? I got curious and I decided to watch it too. It's 'Miracle in Cell No.7'

 

It was a great movie. Watch it. :) But be sure to prepare a box of tissue beside you. I swear. The movie was really.... asdfghjkl. I don't know how to describe it. But one thing's for sure, you won't regret watching it. ^^

 

Here's a link to the movie in case you feel like watching it. Enjoyyyy~!

 

http://www.movie4k.to/Miracle-in-Cell-No-7-watch-movie-3818050.html

 

Merry Christmas in advance!

 

<333