Chapter 15

I Love You, Bro

 

 

“What are you talking about?” he asked as he placed the beaker down and turned to her. “I don’t ever remember talking to you yesterday.”

 

Yejin froze on her spot as she stared at him, trying to analyze his actions and words. Her brows furrowed as she remembers how he begged for her to listen to him. And she clearly remembers that he told her he loves her. He told her that several times.

 

So why was he acting like this today?

 

Yesterday he was telling her how much he is in love with her and now he’s saying he doesn’t remember anything of it? The frown on her face deepened as she looked at him who looked as innocent as possible.

 

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol’s deep voice filled her ears. He could clearly see that her mind’s a mess right now. But this is what she wanted. But on the deepest part of his heart, what he really wanted was for Yejin to be guilty. He wanted her to know that she was wrong for pushing him away and not even listening to him.

 

And bit by bit Yejin was able to finally realize why he pretended not know what happened yesterday. She asked him to pick one from the two choices she made. “Is that your choice?” she asked a bit too loudly.

 

Chanyeol didn’t say anything. He just silently watched her, as if he’s waiting for her next move. Just tell me that you don’t like me acting like this and I’ll stop. He thought as he locked gazes with her.  

 

Yejin slowly nodded, understanding his silence. Now she gets everything. “So that was your choice. It’s not one of the choices though… But I guess that’s okay.” she mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

 

Chanyeol breathes heavily trying his best to conceal his exasperated sigh. She didn’t even question him why he chose to this this and all.

 

“We’re okay now right?”

 

Chanyeol nodded twice with a small smile. “Why wouldn’t we be okay? We’re best friends remember?” he grinned like an idiot.

 

Remember?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai turned to Sehun with a curious look. He’s mentally asking his friend why it’s so awkward without saying a word. Sehun casually shrugs back at him, not really understanding the situationg they're in. He doesn’t know why and he doesn’t really care. Sehun just came here to eat. And that's what he's going to do.

 

The mood has been awfully down when Chanyeol and Yejin came. It started with the two of them. When they came, they weren’t talking to each other and both look dazed. But it was obvious how they both kept on glancing at each other. Something happened between the two of them.

 

“What happened with the two of you?” Kyungsoo innocently asked them, he cannot stand eating in the awkwardness anymore.

 

“Nothing happened.” Chanyeol decided to speak up. He knew that if they stayed silent, they would be asking more questions.

 

“Did you two fight?” Junmyeon pouted. Yejin and Chanyeol were always in good terms. It was really really unusual that they’re behaving like this. So he concluded that it must be something serious.

 

“We didn’t fight.” Yejin tried to smile.

 

Baekhyun rubbed the back of his head. “Something really wrong with the two of you.” he mumbled in irritation.

 

Chanyeol shook his head disapprovingly and bumped his shoulders with Yejin’s. “We’re best friends. Nothing could possibly go wrong.” Chanyeol mumbled, emphasizing the word ‘best friends’ “Right Yejin?” he added, waiting for her answer.

 

Is he guilt tripping me? Yejin thought as she stared at him. She couldn’t tell what was going on inside his mind. “…Yes.” She managed to answer despite the fact that she doesn’t feel good about it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So what exactly happened?” Junmyeon asked as he sat beside Chanyeol inside an empty room. He couldn’t stand watching the two of them slowly drifting apart from each other like this. And so he decided that he has to do something.

 

“Nothing really happened hyung.” Chanyeol lied.

 

Junmyeon frowned. “You should practice more Yeol. Your lies are still not convincing.”

 

He sighed as he leaned back on his chair. Telling his hyung what happened will just make him remember how he was rejected yesterday. “Well, I confessed to Yejin yesterday. And she rejected me right away.” he told him dejectedly.

 

Suho nodded. “And then?”

 

Chanyeol turned to him with widened eyes. “That’s just it? Aren’t you even surprised by the fact that I’m in love with her?” he asked in disbelief. That wasn’t the reaction he was expecting.

 

“I’m more surprised that you only figured out that you love her this late.” Junmyeon mumbled. “Just like her, you’re so dense.” he added.

 

“If you knew from the start that I liked her, why didn’t you even tell me?” Chanyeol asked in frustration.

 

Suho innocently blinked at him. “That’s something that you should know yourself. Stop blaming me.” he pouted with a small frown.

 

Chanyeol just blew air into his fringe in annoyance. “I’m planning on making her realize that she’s wrong. But I don’t even know if it’ll work. Yejin seems unaffected of everything that I’m trying to do. Hyung help me. What should I do?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I missed you guys! TT.TT Did you miss me? XDD

I’m baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack~ Our classes officially ended today so yeah. ^^

I’m sorry it took so long. But I hope you guys liked it. :>

Huehuehue.

I hope you’re H-A-P-P-Y~