Chapter 14

I Love You, Bro

 

 

At that time he didn’t know what came to his mind for him to do that. Maybe it was because he missed her too much. Damn too much. Earlier he was still arguing with her and asking her to get out of his room for he fears that he might do something he’d end up regretting. And the next thing he knew, his lips were on hers.

 

And he doesn’t regret it at all. He even wished that he had done this before.

 

Chanyeol slowly closed his eyes and tried his best to relish the moment. Today he realized something. Yejin’s lips were as soft as marshmallows. As much as he wanted to prolong the once in a lifetime moment that he has right now, Chanyeol pulled back from the kiss as he placed his hand over her right cheek and it with his thumb.

 

Today was definitely the happiest moment in his life.

 

He smiled at her. Yejin grew more confused of his actions. Her brows pinched together as she stared at him in perplexity. “What the hell’s wrong with you?” She managed to ask even though her heart was racing in her chest. She never expected Chanyeol to do something like that. Never. And she also never thought that her heart would react this way.

 

Chanyeol chuckled at her expression. She really seemed confused. And she looked adorable. “Are you drunk?!” He heard her ask. Chanyeol gently shook his head. “I’m not.”

 

“Why did you kiss me?”

 

“I love you.” Those three words that he’d been dying to tell her were finally voiced out. “Yejin-ah, I love you.” He repeated with a big smile. “I love you so much.” Now that he has the courage to tell her how he really feels, he can’t stop telling her how much she means to him.

 

And he swore when she heard him say those words, the look in her eyes changed from curiosity to disgust. “Do you know what you’re saying?” Hatred resounded in her voice.

 

Chanyeol gulped as he held her arm. The thing that he’s been afraid of is happening before his eyes. Yejin is going to hate him. “I ..can explain.” His eyes were pleading.

 

Yejin pushed his hand away . She stared at him with abhorrence as she took a few steps back. Even though she doesn’t say anything Chanyeol knew that she wasn’t pleased what what she heard from him.

 

“You’re in love with me?” She asked him as she shook her head in criticism. “I’ll leave now. You’re getting weirder. Maybe tomorrow you’ll be back to normal.” Yejin deeply sighed as she grabbed the doorknob, getting ready to leave his room.

 

Chanyeol gently held her arm, stopping the love of his life from leaving him. He can’t just let her leave like this. He was terrified that if he let her go today, he won’t be able to talk to her again. Ever. “I can explain. Yejin-ah. Please listen to me.” His tears were already forming in the corners of his eyes. “Don’t ..leave.” His deep voice cracked. “Please don’t be like this.”

 

Yejin stared at him as if he was the most horrible thing she has seen. She never imagined that they would have this kind of conversation. Chanyeol is her best friend. He’s supposed to be there for her and not to fall in love with her. She can’t explain how she feels but right now, the only thing that she can think of is it’s not right. Chanyeol falling in love with her would never be right. And that’s what she wanted him to know. “What are you going to explain to me? How you fell in love with me? Huh? Is that it? I have no time for this. I’ll leave no---”

 

“I couldn’t help it. I’m sorry.” He tried his best to fight his tears from falling as he spoke. “I really love you. Yejin-ah, please give me a chance. Yejin----”

 

“Stop it.” Yejin problematically massaged her temples with a groan. “I’ll give you two choices.”

 

He eyes sparkled with hope as he looked up to her.

 

Yejin took out one finger. “The first choice is, I’ll let you do whatever you want. You said you love me right? And you’re asking for a chance. I’ll give you that chance. You can do anything you want. Flowers, chocolates or whatever.” Chanyeol smiled happily as he heard her. Everything she said was what he actually wanted. “Really?”

 

“But, in the end, my answer will be ‘No’ That won’t be changed.” And just like that, the smile from his lips slowly vanished.

 

“You may court me but then, we won’t be like what we used to be. I don’t even know if we can talk like this again. So in other words, you can tell me how much you love me. But I’ll just treat you like air. I’ll avoid you.”

 

“I don’t want that!” he protests with a deep frown. Of all of things, that was what he hated the most. The thought of him losing her.

 

Yejin ignored him and put out 2 fingers. “Your second choice is.. everything that happened today. Everything that you just said, even the kiss, I’ll forget it all. I’ll just pretend that I didn’t know anything about your feelings. And we’ll still be best friends.” she mumbled as she looked up to him, slightly meeting his eyes. “Just best friends.” she clarifies.

 

His eyes widened in alarm. He confessed to her today because he wanted to be more than just ‘best friends’ He wants to get out of the best friend label that he got since they were young. He wanted her as his girlfriend. And now she’s telling him that he’d be just a best friend? NO. “But—“

 

Yejin immediately stops him. “You don’t have to answer right now. Think of it.”

 

“Listen to me.” He pleads as he held her arm. Yejin flinched at the contact and backed away. “Don’t… touch me.” she mumbled anxiously as she pushed his hand away, not wanting to meet his eye.

 

Everything became awkward and uncomfortable. They stood there tongue-tied, not knowing what to say to each other.

 

Chanyeol was saddened even more. They never became this awkward before. Before, she even hugs him thanks to her favorite beef. But now, he can’t even touch her. He bit his lower lip, thinking of the choices she gave him.

 

She practically rejected him with those two choices. The first one was he can express his love to her but she’ll say no. And the second is to stay friends. Either way, he won’t be able to win her heart.

 

“I really need to go now. Bye. Chanyeollie…” she was surprised by what she just mumbled and quickly arranged it. “No. I mean Chanyeol.”

 

He forced a small smile. “Can’t we talk a little longer? We really need to talk. I---“

 

She immediately shook her head. “I have to go. Bye.” She said before walking away as fast as she could. And Chanyeol knew very well that she was lying. He sighed as he sat on the edge of his bed. Just a few minutes ago, he was kissing her. And now she was gone. And he was terrified if she’ll be gone forever.

 

“Just why did I confess so suddenly?” He regretted confessing without practicing. Without thinking twice. He wasn’t even wearing nice clothes. His hair looked terrible. But still he knew that if he looked decent and confessed in a much better way, her answer will still be the same.

 

No.

 

He groaned as he fell back on the bed. The mere thought of losing Kim Yejin suffocates him. And so, without having any option, he made a choice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol nervously fidgeted his fingers which were resting on his armchair. Today they have their Chemistry Class. And unfortunately, Yejin was his lab partner. And he wonders how awkward this one hour and thirty minutes would be. He sighed as he leaned his back on his chair.

 

And that’s when Kim Yejin stepped inside the room wearing her lab gown. Her hair was tied into a messy ponytail. Chanyeol slightly frowns as he focused his eyes on his notebook. Every girl inside this room wears a lab gown. And they also tie their hair, not as messy as Yejin’s hair but why does she stand out among them all?

 

To him it was completely unfair how he sees her as someone who’s so stunningly attractive despite of her being so simple.

 

Yejin silently made her way to him for he was her lab partner. And that’s where everything started getting awkward.  For the first time in forever they were uncomfortable with each other’s presence.

 

They started the experiment with an ear breaking silence. No one dared to talk. Yejin was extra distant to him. She wouldn’t even spare him a single glance. His heart twisted in pain. They used to be happy. And now they couldn’t even talk to each other.

 

He silently clears his throat as he poured the chemicals they mixed into the small beaker. “You seem to be distant today. Are you avoiding me?” He mumbled, trying to sound as normal as possible.

 

She cautiously turned to him before speaking up. “What happened yesterday was unexpected. I’m still not sure how to---“

 

“Yesterday?” he asked her with his deep voice, not even sparing a glance at her for he was mixing another chemical in the small beaker.

 

Yejin nodded. “Yesterday… at your room…” she mumbled uncomfortably.

 

“We met yesterday?” he sounded surprised as he turned to her.

 

Yejin gave him a confused look. “We did! You even told me that you…” she suddenly stopped when she was about to say that he told her that he loves her. She eyed him. What happened? How come he forgot about those?

 

“What are you talking about?” he asked as he placed the beaker down and turned to her. “I don’t ever remember talking to you yesterday.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the late updateeee. ._____.

tumblr_n1gdxl2aEX1rbbgu3o1_500.gif

tumblr_n1nvzgtGh41tp4q0bo1_250.gif

 

 

<33