Chapter 4

I Love You, Bro

 

 

 

 

“Stop pushing me!” Chanyeol hissed at Yejin.

 

She rolled his eyes at him as she placed her hands on her waist. “Are you going to talk to her or not?”

 

Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck. “Now that I think of it, it’s weird. I don’t even know her.. and then I’ll be asking her to be my girlfriend. She’ll just reject me.” He reasoned out. For some reasons, he just doesn’t want to talk to that girl.

 

He just can’t imagine himself talking to a girl which is not his mom or Yejin. That’s just weird and something which is completely new.

 

“Then just ask her to go out with you.” Yejin mumbled in irritation. They’ve been following Chorong around so that he could finally talk to her. But he’s always shying away. And that’s what makes her irritated. It makes her feel like their efforts will be wasted. So she kept on pushing him to her.

 

“Go out?” Chanyeol blinked at her. “Where will we go?” He asked.

 

Yejin sighed in annoyance. Why is this tall creature so damn innocent? “Ask her out on a date! You stupid!”

 

“Okay.” Chanyeol pouted. He knew Yejin is already reaching her limits. “I’ll ask her out on a date.” He mumbled as he slowly made his way to the person named Park Chorong. Too bad she was surrounded with her girl friends. Double humiliation if she rejects his offer. But since he’s already here, it’ll be a waste not to try right? Besides, Yejin is watching him. He should not fail. Because if he did, he knew she’ll be the first person to laugh at him. Even though they were best friend, Yejin loves seeing him in misery.

 

He stopped in front of Chorong and stared at her. And he proved to himself that she wasn’t really that pretty. He gave her an awkward smile. And he wished it looked natural. But it didn’t. “Chorong-ssi, please go out with me.” He mumbled silently. His cheeks turned crimson under the stares of Chorong and her friends who were squealing loudly.

 

*This is embarrassing.* He thought as he eyed Chorong. He was wordlessly wishing for her to say no. He just thought that it was a bad idea to just ask someone whom he doesn’t even like out on a date. That’s quite unfair on Chorong’s part. “If you don’t want to, it’s okay with me. I totally---“

 

“Yes.” She replied shyly as she gnawed on her lower lip. Her friends squealed even more.

 

“Huh?” Chanyeol’s face fell. She just agreed. Didn’t she?

 

“I’m agreeing to go out on a date with you.” She finally said as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

 

Chanyeol nodded, not knowing what to say to her. “Okay. Then. I’ll see you after class. Bye.” He mumbled as he quickly walked out of her sight and went back to Yejin who was hiding at a corner.

 

The moment she saw Chanyeol, “What did she say? Did she agree?” She asked in excitement.

 

He nodded. “She ..did.”

 

Yejin smiled. “That’s great. You did great Chanyeol-ah.” She told him as she patted him on the back.

 

He couldn’t say anything. And for the first time he disagreed with her thoughts, he felt like he didn’t do great. And he doesn’t feel good about it.

 

 

 

 

“Chorong agreed to date him!” Yejin happily announced to their friends. Chanyeol glared at her. He vividly remembers that he told her to keep quiet about it. Yejin ignored him and continued on talking.

 

“That’s good!” Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol.

 

Kai patted Chanyeol’s back. “Congrats Yeol.”

 

“When are you goig to have your first date?” Kyungsoo asked him.

 

“They’re going to meet up after class.” Yejin answered for Chanyeol.

 

His friends cheered for him.

 

“As expected of hyung.” Sehun clapped proudly.

 

“If the two of you will be together, your couple name will be ChanRong.” Suho concluded with a grin. “Not bad huh?”

 

Chanyeol frowned. “What’s with that? It sounds weird.”

 

“How about ChoYeol?” Baekhyun asked. “That’s better right?”

 

“They’re double park. Park Chanyeol. Park Chorong.” Yejin mumbled. She looked at Chanyeol. “This means the two of you are really suited for each other.”

 

His friends, especially Yejin are happy for him. Very happy in fact. But why doesn’t he feel the same? He tried to, but he just can’t feel happy. It was just like a normal day to him. Nothing special. Why are they so happy? And why can’t he be happy as well?

 

Chanyeol forced a smile as he nodded.

 

“..Yeah.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LOVELY DERP. PARK CHANYEOL. <3

 

Chanyeol Gif