Chapter - 15

One-sided love afterall [ Discontinued ]

 

The school day went by slowly for Chaerin. She had no one to talk to during her free periods. When the bell rang, she got her stuff and went to her next class. When she settled in her sit, Ki Kwang sat next to her.

“Hi.” Ki Kwang said awkwardly.

Chaerin just nod slightly

“We’re gonna be sitting next  to each other for the rest of the year. If you want  awkward class hours don’t talk to me. But if you to feel comfortable, you can talk to me like you usually do. And I’m not on Jun Hyung’s side.”

That last sentence made Chaerin laugh.

“You always know what to say.”

“ Because I’m LEE KI KWANG! But, have you seen the two new guys?”

“Huh? New guys?”

“Everyone settle down! I’ve got an announcement!” The teacher came in yelling.

Chaerin and Ki Kwang just kept quiet and looked at the teacher.

“Today, we have a new student. He’s going to study with us. So, treat him well! Come here and introduce yourself.” Said Mr Kim.

“Annyeonghasaeyo! My name is Kim Myungsoo! Please treat me well.” The new student said.

Girls were swooning when he flashed his killer smile. Guys were looking really jealous. Ki Kwang and Chaerin just shrugged.

“I’m better looking than he is right, Chaerin?” Ki Kwang asked giving his killer smile. Chaerin playfully hit his muscled arm.

“You can sit behind Ms Lee and Mr Lee.” Mr Kim said pointing to Chaerin and Ki Kwang.

Chaerin and Ki Kwang raised their hand and smiled sweetly at him. Myungsoo smiled back and sat down.

“Yah, you said there were two?” Chaerin whispered to Ki Kwang.

“I don’t know! Do I look like I run the school? Ask Myungsoo, he knows the other guy.” Ki Kwang whispered.

[Chaerin’s POV]

“Ask for me, please?” I said cutely to Ki Kwang.

“ Why are you so interested? Doesn’t mean you’re a queenka you need to know everything about people!” Ki Kwang half yelled half whispered.

“Well, I’m sorry that I want to make friends with new students! Fine, I’ll ask!”

Ki Kwang just gave me the do-whatever-you-want look. Well… this is awkward.

I turned around to face him. He was just looking at the board.

“Umm, hi!” I whispered and gave him a sweet smile.

“Oh! Hi!” he gave a little wave and smiled. He looked so cute!

“umm… My friend here told me there were two new students. I was wondering , where’s the other one?”

“Oh! Woohyun? He’s in another class!” He said.

“Oh.. Thanks…” I turned back to the front.

“What did he say?” Ki Kwang asked.

I gave him the what-the-hell look. “Go ask him yourself!”

That left him pouting. Haha. Serves him right!

*RING*

YAY! Class is over. Break time! Crap, I’m gonna be sitting alone. The disadvantages of leaving the group. Whatever. I walked to the cafeteria.

“Omg, she’s flawless!”

“I’d date her any day.”

“She’s so cute!”

“Hey!”

I’m already used to this. I just smiled and said a few “Hey!” and “Hi!” here and there. I don’t even know how I became a queenka! Maybe cause of my wealth? Whatever. I hate being one…

[End of POV]

When Chaerin arrived at the cafeteria, she queued up and grabbed her food quickly. She saw Nicole, Jinwoon, Jun Hyung, Hara and Ki Kwang sitting on their usual table with a few other guys and girls. She felt a little sad that she wasn’t gonna sit there anymore. She looked somewhere else to find an empty table. She finally spot one.

She put her food on the table and sat and ate it deliciously. She heard a few people asking why she wasn’t sitting at the usual place. Others wanted to sit with her but she kindly made them leave the table. Even though she made people leave the table, everyone still likes her. She’s polite, kind, thoughtful and generous.

“May I sit here?”

She didn’t recognize the voice but didn’t look up from her food.

“Yeah, sure.” She gave up.

The person sat in front of her. She looked up and looked at the person. It was Myungsoo!

“Oh! Hi!” Chaerin said happily.

“Hi!” Myungsoo smiled.

“Myungsoo right? I’m Chaerin!”

“Oh! You’re the girl the whole school’s talking about!”

“Really? What were they saying?”

“I heard a few guys saying they would date you and a few girls saying they were jealous of you…”

“Oh…”

“Is something wrong?”

“Aniyo. Just eat.”

They were eating in silence for a while.

“Um.. can I ask you a favour?” Myungsoo ask nervously.

“Sure, what is it? Are you getting bullied? Who are the guys?” Chaerin asked worriedly.

Myungsoo chuckled. “ Aniyo, can you tour me around the school and maybe tell me abit about this school? I’m still new.”

“Ah… Sure… Can I see your time table?” Chaerin said awkwardly, embarrassed.

Myungsoo gave her his time table.

“Omo. You, me and Ki Kwang have all the classes together! We can be buddies!” Chaerin said excitedly.

“Wah! I have friends!” Myungsoo said relieved. Chaerin giggled.

After they eat, Chaerin showed Myungsoo around the school since they had 2 free periods.

“What do you wanna do next?” Chaerin asked.

“Well, we still have 40 minutes to spare. Can we go out and eat ice-cream?” Myungsoo asked.

“We can’t go out during school hours. But our cafeteria sells ice-cream and we can talk at the front yard under my big tree while eating our ice-cream.”

“Sure,that sounds nice.”

Chaerin smiled.

After buying their ice-creams, they head towards Chaerin’s tree.

“So, why do you call this tree yours?” Myungsoo asked confused.

“Because I carved my name on it with my brother. We were sitting here together. It was when I first entered and he was on his last year. He was always there protecting me. Of course I had friends. It’s just that he talks to me when he has time and we found this shady tree. One day, I told him this is my tree and the next day, my brother carved my name on it.”

“Oh, But, where is it?” Myungsoo ask looking around it. Chaerin grabbed his wrist and brought him around the tree and pointed at a spot quite high up the tree.

“Wah! You’re brother must’ve been tall!”

“Nah, he’s your height!”

Then, they sat down leaning on the tree. Suddenly, they heard Ki Kwang calling Chaerin’s name.

“What do you want?” Chaerin asked annoyed.

“Why are you getting annoyed at me? I was looking for you!”

“I’m trying to be friends with Myungsoo! You’re gonna scare him away! Besides, you were with the group anyways..”

“Oh! Annyeong! I’m Ki Kwang!”

“Neh, annyeong! I’m Myungsoo.”

“Can I hang out with you guys?” Ki Kwang pleaded looking at Myungsoo. Chaerin just shrugged. Myungsoo nodded.

“What do you wanna know about this school?” Chaerin asked Myungsoo.

“Don’t all schools have Kingkas and queenkas? Who are those here?”

“Well, one thing’s for sure, you’re with two of them!” Ki Kwang said.

“Oh! Chinca? Chaerin is a queenka?” Myungsoo asked.

“Yah! Why do you have to tell him that!” Chaerin scolded Ki Kwang.

“Why not? I mean, he asked about it.”

“Well, now he’s gonna look at me in a different perspective! I want him to think I’m a normal student!”

“No wonder guys were checking you out when we were walking around the school! Even girls are jealous of you!” Myungsoo said.

“SEE?!?!” Chaerin exclaimed.

“No! I’ll think of you as a normal friend! I promise!” Myungsoo pleaded.

“Okay.. Besides, you’re gonna be one anyways!” Chaerin said as-a-matter-of-factly.

“WHAT?!”

“Well, duh! Dude, girls go crazy when they see you!” Ki Kwang said.

“No they don’t!” Myungsoo protested.

“They practically drool when they see you! You’re so totally gonna be one of us!”

“Well, actually it’s no surprise. I was actually a kingka in my old school..”

Ki Kwang and Chaerin looked at each other shocked.

“Anyways, who are they?”

“There are a bunch. This is like a weird school. It has many kingkas and queenkas.”

“Among the kingkas, I have to say that probably the Super Junior and DBSK sunbaes are the most popular.” Ki Kwang stated.

“Well, you can’t forget Shinee. Well, maybe Beast too!” Ki Kwang snickered.

“Please. Among the queenkas, we have SNSD and Jina unnie.” Chaerin rolled her eyes.

“What’s wrong with them?” Myungsoo asked curiously.

“Nothing’s wrong with Jina.”

“What about SNSD?”

“Well, if you like girls who wear really short shorts and tight fitting clothes, nothing’s  wrong. But, if you think otherwise, you’re gonna think they hit on every guy alive.” Chaerin stated.

“Wow. You guys have those in this school too? How many members are there?”

“Nine.  I’m fine with Sooyoung and Seohyun. I just don’t really like the rest that much.”

 Right then, the bell rang. Signaling them to go to their next class. The three of them walk to class. When they were walking down the hall way, people were whispering while pointing to Chaerin.

“Aren’t you bothered by it? I always get annoyed when I was a kingka.” Myungsoo asked Chaerin cutely.

“A little. But I’m used to it. But I wonder what they’re talking about.” Just then, Jina passed by. Chaerin swiftly grabbed her by the arm and made her walk with her to her next class.

“I’m gonna stall you. Tell me what they’re talking about unnie.” Chaerin said.

“Yah! Is that how you talk to a sunbae?” Chaerin just shrugged.

“Anyways, I heard Thunder, my classmate, has a crush on you and that he’s gonna confess soon!” Jina squealed.

“Unnie, don’t be ridiculous! Why would a sunbae like a hoobae like me? Has he ever seen SNSD and their ever so perfect make-up skins? And he’s ideal type can’t be me!” Chaerin protest.

“Well, whatever you say. I’m gonna think what I like.. Oh! Who’s this handsome fellow?” Jina asked.

“Oh! Noona, this is Myungsoo, the new kid everyone’s talking about!” Ki Kwang showed off his eye smile.

“Oh! Annyeong! I’m Jina. I’m a sunbae!”

“Annyeonghasaeyo sunbae-nim. I’m Myungsoo. Please take good care of me. I’m in the same class as Ki Kwang and Chaerin!” Myungsoo smiled.

Chaerin didn’t know why but she felt warmth when she saw Myungsoo smile.

When they arrived to class, the three of them were talking and joking around. Little did they know someone with piercing eyes were looking at them. It was Jun Hyung.

Why is she always with Ki Kwang? Do they like each other? What’s up with Chaerin anyways? I thought she was out of the group. Unanswered questions were popping up in Jun Hyung’s head. Suddenly, he felt soft hand touch his hands.

“Junnie, are you okay? You look weird.” Hara said worried.

“I’m fine. Just take care of yourself.”

Then Jun Hyung saw tears forming in Hara’s eyes. He felt guilty.

“Oh no. Don’t cry, don’t cry,” Jun Hyung said soothingly. But Hara’s tear dropped.

“I’m sorry. It won’t happen again. I’ll buy you ice-cream after school when I send you home, okay?”

Hara looked at Jun Hyung and saw his sincerity. She finally nodded. Then, the teacher came in and class started.

After school, Myungsoo and Chaerin were walking to their locker which was side-by-side.

“Oh! Can I have your number? So I can contact you and stuff…” Myungsoo asked shyly.

“Yeah sure.” And with that, they exchanged numbers.

“Where are you going after this?” Chaerin asked.

“I don’t know. Probably home. But it’s so boring.” Myungsoo sighed.

“Hey, wanna come over my house! We can play there!” Chaerin asked excitedly.

“Can I?”

Chaerin nodded eagerly and pulled him towards the front gate.

“Wait! I have to meet my friend first.”

“Okay. Where are you meeting him?” Chaerin asked.

Myungsoo peeked behind Chaerin and pointed at a guy coming their way.

“Yah! Myungsoo-ah! I waited for you at your locker for almost 10 minutes! I wanted to leave you!” The guy nagged.

“Mian-hae. Woohyun, this is Chaerin. Chaerin, this is Woohyun, my childhood friend!”

“Hi! Nice to meet you and welcome to our… um.. weird school? Hehe,” Chaerin giggled.

“Hi! I’m Woohyun! This jerk’s friend!”

“Woohyun, I’m actually heading over to Chaerin’s house, mind going home alone?” Myungsoo asked.

“Oh no! he can come!” Chaerin said.

“Actually, I have to go home and do… stuff… See ya buddy!” Woohyun winked at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo mentally faced-palmed himself.

Note to self: Be around Woohyun lesser. He’s embarrassing! Thought Myungsoo.

============

HELLO GUYS! I know two weeks is not over yet and i still have one more test to go through  I can't help but want to update! This chappy is for you guys who has been waiting forever! ;)  Oh and you guys know my current obsession is INFINITE right? So, I just HAD to put MYUNGSOO/L and WOOHYUN in it! hehe..

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED IT! SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPPY! :D