Twelve

Perks of being alive

 

 

 Chapter Twelve - Hope 

 

 
I was just able to zip my mouth and not say anything on our way home from the museum. The rain had stopped but the streets were far from dry.  
 
Sunggyu and Myungsoo, you might be wondering, was okay. Well, okay as in better but still awkward and it was pretty cute, unless Sunggyu decided to give Myungsoo his deadly glare and Myungsoo replying it with his freezing tone. 
 
The weather was quite chilly, but not as chilly as Myungsoo's face towards Sunggyu, that was. We walked carefully on the damp path and I, myself, personally made sure that every step I took was steady before continuing to the next. Really, the last thing I wanted was another bandage sticking on my body. I, as usual, was walking at the back of the line, with Dongwoo and Ailee.  "What's wrong with Sunggyu hyung and Myungsoo?" Dongwoo leaned closer to me. I looked at the two, walking side by side at the front.
 
"What do you think?" I asked Dongwoo back.
 
"They seem to be way awkward than before," Ailee whispered with a giggle.
 
"Really?" I laughed silently and the both of them nodded. 
 
I examined Sunggyu and Myungsoo, and shook my head. "The both of them has such high pride," I commented.
 
"I know. Like everything would be better if they talked it out," Dongwoo said.
 
"They did," 
 
"They did?" 
 
I nodded. "But it had null result," I chuckled, "If I remember correctly Myungsoo took Sunggyu away and left me for quite some time. Then, the both of them came back, not saying anything to each other," 
 
"But they seemed to be more friendlier though, you see, they had decrease their scoffing and well, at least they tried to speak to each other without mocking," Ailee shrugged her shoulders. 
 
Dongwoo and I nodded in agreement with her. "Hey, hey, hey! Look at them," Ailee tried to keep herself from shouting while pointing to Hoya and Raina, who were...
 
Lacing their fingers. 
 
 
I widened my eyes and frowned. 
 
What? 
 
My mind immediately remembered Sungjong saying Hoya didn't like her. I shook my head. 
 
"Are they really holding hands?" I asked, my voice barely heard.
 
"See! I told you they will be together," Dongwoo said with a laugh.
 
"Okay, but I need to hear the official news before treating you," Ailee hit Dongwoo's arm playfully.
 
I then looked at Ailee and Dongwoo who were looking... Fine.
 
 
Then what was Sungjong talking about? 
 
I decided to catch up with Sungjong who was walking behind Sunggyu and Myungsoo, with Minjae beside him.
 
"Hey," I panted. 
 
He looked at me with a questoning face. 
 
"Look," I said quietly and pointed to Hoya and Raina. 
 
"Oh, they're holding hands," he nodded and I frowned. He didn't seem disturbed at all with that fact.
 
 
"But you said-"
 
"I never said I was someone who could see the future," he smiled gently, "It's just the way I believe things would turn out,"
 
"Are they mostly correct?" I was starting to question him.
 
He shrugged his shoulders, still looking forward, "Most of them," 
 
"Really?" 
 
"You're not believing me," 
 
I kept quiet. 
 
"That's fine Nara," he chuckled and tapped my shoulders. "But, let me tell you, I always see the final outcome, not the process," he nodded his head and in a moment we arrived at the villa.  
 
***
 
I  laid down on the damp grass, not caring it would dirty my clothes, as the humid wind blew against my face. I looked up to the dark sky, a few stars shining here and there. 
 
 
I sighed.
 
 
Why should I care about everyone? Why should I always try so hard on becoming the 'hero'?
 
 
My mind would always be thinking of finding a way to prevent Ailee and Dongwoo from breaking up or to prevent Raina from getting hurt. Maybe it was because it felt good to be able to help others. Maybe I wanted people to see me and say, "Oh, you can trust Nara, she will solve your problem." It's just nice how you can gain trust from others. Or maybe I was just someone who wanted people to only see the good things on me. Someone who has too much faults inside her and tries to cover it by doing services for others. 
 
 
I closed my eyes and opened it again, only looking at the same dim night sky. I dropped my eyelids again, admiring the various abstract pattern in the darkness. I was just about to open it when I heard the grass rustling and felt a motion on my right side. I sighed, still keeping my eyes closed, not wanting to see who it was. 
 
 
 
"Nara,"
 
 
 
It was Myungsoo. I could picture him laying down with his head beside my feet. I opened my eyes slowly, and as I had expected, his black shoes, with tied white laces, was beside me. 
 
"Hm?" 
 
"The stars up there," he paused, "What do they represent?" 
 
 
 
I frowned. What did they represent? 
 
 
 
"Hope," I finally answered with a smile. 
 
 
"Hope?" 
 
 
"Um." I nodded, "There are night times in our lives. Times when everything seemed to be dark and black. But the truth is, when there's this light from the star, when there's hope, you realize the sky isn't black..."
 
 
"It's blue," 
 
I smiled. "Yeah... It's blue," 
 
 
Click!
 
I turned and I could see his camera up. He sat up and laid down beside me again, only this time his face was in line with mine. I was contemplating to just continue to look up or turn my head to admire his face when I heard a click as a blitz flashed. Then it was immediately decided, I looked at him. 
 
 
"You look good here, see," he showed me his camera screen, with my side profile in front of the blue sky background. 
 
My heart leaped. Kim Myungsoo just told me I look good! 
 
"Oh, relax Myung, I always look good," I joked to hide my nervousness.
 
"Ah, then you won't mind being my model right?" He chuckled and turned his head to me.
 
 
Our eyes met. I took my time to admire his beautiful face. Never had I seen him this close. He blinked rapidly with a blank gaze. 
 
 
"Eh... Nara... I don't mean that type of model, I-"
 
 
 
I opened my mouth before laughing. 
 
 
 
"Myungsoo! Why are you saying things like this!" I exclaimed.
 
 
"Because you were looking at me like I have three heads or something," 
 
 
"I'm just..." Looking at your extremely handsome face, damn it Myung! 
 
"Just what?" He raised his left eyebrows.
 
 
"Forget it," I rolled my eyes.
 
 
"Yah! Just what? I know I'm good looking so you don't have to be ashamed to admit it," 
 
 
"Dream on Myung, dream on!" I stuck my tongue out on him. 
 
 
He shrugged his shoulders. "It's true," 
 
 
He brought his camera up again, its lens facing down on us, and leaned closer to me. I even wondered if my heartbeat could be heard by him.
 
 
"Smile..." 
 
 
The camera clicked and the blitz flashed once mored. In the midst of our selca moment, I wondered, if his heart was also beating rapidly like mine. If he was also happy when being around me. If he really valued the time he had spent with me as much as I did. 
 
 
I had no idea what all of this meant to him. 
 
 
And it actually scratched my heart a bit.
 
 
 

Helloo ^^

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Hope 2014 will be a good one for all of us yes? ;) 

Thank you so so much for those who've been reading, commenting and subscribing

comment more oh? XD