Can't I Love You?

Wind Beneath My Wings

Chapter 13: Can't I Love You?

 

During the night, you used an amulet and started communicating with your umma.

 

You: Umma..

Umma: _____! I miss you! How is your job?

You: *bursts into tears* I miss you too, mom.. I can't handle this anymore..

Umma: What happened?

You: I want to go home, mom.. My master doesn't need me anyway.

Umma: Shh, don't cry. Gosh, I wish I could hold you right now. Don't give up just yet. Your dad used to be like that too. If you did, you would lose your chance. Who knows, your master right now could be your soulmate, or even the key for you to become a full pledged angel. Also, you're sad. Don't decide on temporary feelings, arraseo? I know you can do it.

You: *wipes tears* Umma.. I..

Umma: Shh, think about it first. 89 more days..

 

Your telepathy ended and Kyuhyun couldn't sleep that time, thinking about you.

 

Kyuhyun: Sheesh, I hate this feeling. I only said those words to her because I don't want Donghae hyung to get close to her. I'm jealous.. but.. this can't be. She's my sister, my guardian angel.

 

The next day, you two were still ignoring each other. You were very sad, not knowing what to do. You were there at the field, thinking deeply when someone offered a soda and placed it on one of your cheeks.

 

Donghae: Yo~

You: Ah! It's cold! Ah.. oppa.. *looks down*

Donghae: Why the long face? Do you have a problem?

You: N-nothing.. *frowns*

Donghae: Liar. You have one. I can see it in you, _____.

You: *bites lip* Oppa, can the impossible be possible?

Donghae: Wait, what? What's with the unexpected question.

You: Let me elaborate it. What if you want something so bad, which you can't determine if you can have it or not. Would you still continue pursuing it and never give up? Or.. would you accept the damn fact that it isn't meant to be at all?

 

Donghae: I will go on and wait until my heart voluntarily quits. What makes you happy? Choose it.

You: Even if it hurts so much?

Donghae: De. You can't just force yourself to stop, especially when you got used to it.

You: What do you follow? Mind, guts or heart?

Donghae: It depends. Why are you asking me this?

You: I really want to know your opinion. You have wise answers, oppa. Why is that so?

 

Donghae: Well.. to tell you the truth, I'm in love with someone right now. And I got inspired..

You: Shincha oppa?! Tell me about it!

Donghae: I fell in love at first sight. We went out once, and I know she's the one. I don't know if I should continue. She might only think of me as a friend, yet I can't force myself to stop loving her. My heart just can't.

 

Flashback:

 

Donghae: Hold on to me, ____. I'll never let you go.

You: Jeongmal.. gomawo.. *sobs*

Donghae: Stop crying, ____. Oppa is here.

 

Donghae: (Seeing her sleep, she reminds me of an angel. So pure and innocent. I think I'm falling for her. She's one of a kind. Her brown hair, brown eyes and milky skin, makes her attractive. Will Kyuhyun allow me to make a move on her? I hope so..)

 

End of Flashback.

 

You: *hugs him* You are a very nice person, oppa. That girl, whoever she is.. is lucky.

Donghae: She really is. *releases the hug* So, what are you going to do right now?

You: I'll think about it first. *smiles*

Donghae: *pats your head* You're young, yet you have problems like that of an adult. Goodluck. *kisses your forehead*

 

Donghae fake a smile, and started driving. He was sad, all along.

 

Donghae: I've experienced your dilemma, ____. I want you so bad, yet I don't know if you feel the same way about me. Even so, I just can't stop loving you. This is what makes me happy. I am such a coward for not telling her.

 

As the rain started to pour, that's when Donghae released his sadness so that no one can see him cry.