Friend

Wind Beneath My Wings

Chapter 10: Friend

 

Donghae: So, how was your first day?

You: It was overwhelming~ Back when I was an.. ang.. I mean, elementary student.. people would barely notice me. Almost everyone complimented me.. But oppa, honestly, I'm not used to it.

Donghae: (She mesmerizes people even without trying) Haha, well you're pretty and nice. Who wouldn't want to be friends with you?

You: But.. I'm just afraid that some girls might hate me.

Donghae: Why would they? You're beautiful inside and out. And if they will, they're just jealous. Smile, okay?

You: Arraseo.. *smiles* It was my first time being treated this way..

 

The way Donghae smiles is contagious. It's like you forget all your worries whenever you are with him.

 

Donghae: You'll get used to it. *smiles back* Where's your brother?

You: *pouts* I don't know.. and I don't care.

Donghae: Waeyo? Did you two have a fight?

You: It's not like that, oppa.. Well he's too overprotective. I love being taken care of.. but he has gone way overboard that he doesn't trust me anymore. I can do things on my own, you know.

Donghae: Ah, your brother just loves you, ____. Even Yoo Mi noona is like that. Remember last time? It's their way of showing their love for us. And you've been separated for years, right?

You: De, a decade to be exact.

Donghae: Whoa, a decade? Waeyo? That's too long.

You: I'm his long lost sister.. I don't know.. I am confused as well. Mianhae.

Donghae: Sorry for asking, _____. Don't worry too much about that. Understood. You are his sister.

You: I am.. now what oppa? (If only you knew what he did. But I can't tell you.) I'm not a kid anymore, but thanks for listening, oppa. That felt great. ^^

Donghae: You're welcome, _____. Anything for a FRIEND.

 

Just by hearing that word, your eyes lighted up, wanting him to repeat it again.

 

You: What did you said a while ago? Please say it again! *begs*

Donghae: Eh? I said I'm your friend, and I would do everything I can for you..

You: Shinchaaaaaaa??? *hugs him* FRIEND? Omo.. Hae oppa.. I've never really had a friend before.. I'm so happy!

 

Donghae hugged you back.

 

Donghae: From now on, you're my friend. :>

 

Kyuhyun was there, looking at the two of you. And he was mad once again.

 

Kyuhyun: *clenches first* Heechul and Shindong hyung?

Heechul: What? *looks at you and Hae* ISN'T THAT LEE DONGHAE HUGGING _____?! DAMN IT. HE'S GOING DOWN!!

Shindong: Are they dating?!

Kyuhyun: Lets go and have a drink. I'll pay.

 

Kyuhyun was back to his old habits. But is it because of jealousy?