Chapter 8

Ignorant Brat

“You’re in love?”

Yoona was still speechless and Taeyeon was desperate for a reaction.

“Yes I am! How many times do I have to answer to that? Aren’t you happy for me?”

“I’m sorry; I mean I’m happy for you but it was just so sudden. You didn’t mention anything about anyone.”

“It was love at the first sight.”

“Really? Wow, that’s amazing.”

Taeyeon was smiling widely. Yoona was about to ask who but Taeyeon’s phone was ringing. Her smile was even wider than before.

“I’ve got to go now.”

“Where are you going?”

“She’s calling.”

“SHE?!”

“Yes, Yoona. I’m in love with a girl.”

Taeyeon then stopped a cab and got in; leaving Yoona staring at her in disbelief.

“YA! AND YOU LEFT ME HERE?!”

Yoona started screaming but the taxi was already far off.

“Stupid  Taeyeon!”

She cursed under her breath. But she couldn’t do anything much. She decided to hang out for a bit before heading home. She went to the nearest shopping mall.

*

Sunny was walking aimlessly around the school campus. Soo Young was nowhere in sight and Tiffany gone off to meet her best friend earlier on. Bora had practice so Sunny decided to head to the library instead. Sunny made her way to the library when her stomach was growling. She was hungry. So she shifted her direction and headed to the cafeteria instead.

Suddenly a group of guys bumped into her. Sunny fell to the ground. The boys did it on purpose.

“Hi Sunny Noona~”

Ah, it was the irritating first year guy who confessed to Sunny before. He likes her.

“Yes Chanyeol?”

“I’m sorry.”

He took out his hand but Sunny swatted it away. She got up by herself.

“Aw, you’re feisty.”

“What do you want, Chanyeol?”

“I just wanted to date you. Why wouldn’t you give me a chance?”

His friends were already surrounding her.

“I’m not interested in you.”

“Are you kidding me? I’m one of the good looking guys in campus.”

“You’re younger than me.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

The boy wouldn’t give up and Sunny was getting annoyed. She tried to escape but his friends were ganging up on her. Chanyeol got bolder and grabbed her. He wanted to hug her but Sunny gave him a knee on his torso.

“What the.”

The guy was in pain.

“I told you I’m not interested in you and I’ll never be.”

She tried to run away but Chanyeol ordered his friends to grab Sunny. The boys quickly caught hold on Sunny and Chanyeol was ready to pounce on her. But his plans were thwarted. Someone came and punched him across the face. Sunny was stunned.

“Is this how you treat your Sunbae and worse still, a lady?”

It was Hyoyeon. She pulled Sunny towards her and hid the poor girl behind her back. She stood her ground as the boys surrounded them.

“Kim Hyoyeon, what’s your problem?”

“Just because your father is one of the directors of this school doesn’t mean you can go around and terrorize girls who hate you.”

“Girls who hate me?”

“You’re not really popular in school because of your scheming behaviour.”

“Wait, are you telling me you’re going to protect your Sunbae?”

“As a matter of fact, I’ll start right now.”

It was so sudden when the boys quickly attacked Hyoyeon but to Sunny’s amazement, the girl put them off. It happened so quickly and ended pretty fast too.

“What the..”

Sunny was blinking her eyes and Chanyeol was staring at his fallen friends in disbelief. Hyoyeon was unhurt.

“I thought...”

“You thought what?”

“YA! We took taekwondo lessons back in elementary school. I don’t remember you being this strong!”

“Practice makes perfect, idiot.”

Hyoyeon smirked before turning around. She pulled Sunny with her but before leaving, she turned to Chanyeol again.

“For your information, this Sunbae is mine. So you better leave her alone.”

Sunny’s jaw dropped to the floor.

*

Tiffany was sitting across Jessica and her new girlfriend, Taeyeon. She was amused at how comical Kim Taeyeon was. She was definitely not Jessica’s first choice but it was just amusing to watch their interactions. She smiled.

“Why are you smiling like that?”

Jessica saw it.

“Nothing, she’s really nice to you.”

“Of course she is!”

Jessica turned and kissed Taeyeon on her lips. The midget’s face turned red instantly.

“Aw, that’s so cute.”

“Baby, your friend’s right in front of us!”

“Now you’re shy?!”

“Hey, I’m still a lady with s.”

Tiffany almost choked on her cakes.

“Kim Taeyeon, what’s with that description?!”

“I’m sorry! It’s my style of talking!”

“Fany, are you alright?!”

“Yeah, I’m okay.”

Tiffany’s face was red but she tried to maintain her composure. Taeyeon was really one hell of a funny kid.

“I’m just glad you’ve found this lady with s. She’s funny.”

Taeyeon giggled and Tiffany was tempted to give her a high five but stopped herself. Jessica was staring at Taeyeon.

“Jessica, you really like her.”

“What?”

“You’re jealous.”

“Of course I am!”

“Taeyeon, good luck.”

“Yeah, good luck to me.”

“Shut up!”

Jessica then proceeded to lock Taeyeon’s neck around her arm. Taeyeon let her girlfriend abused her but retaliated by tickling Jessica on her sides. It worked. Jessica was squirming away. Tiffany looked on as the two girls battled with each other until they eventually stopped. Taeyeon was hugging Jessica by her waist and rested her chin on the latter’s shoulder. Jessica was holding on to her girlfriend’s arms and turned to kiss Taeyeon’s nose.

They looked perfect together.

And Tiffany didn’t have any complains. Taeyeon was caring and attentive enough. She was convinced that Jessica has found her happiness. And it came in the form of Kim Taeyeon aka Midget Kim.

“So Taeyeon, I heard from Jessica you’re jealous of me.”

Taeyeon straightened her back.

“Yeah, I was told that she liked you.”

“Ah, so you’re jealous because..?”

“I’m a jealous person by nature.”

“Seriously? You don’t seem like it.”

“It’s hidden. I only unleash it to someone I love.”

“Ah, so Jessica will get the brunt of it when you get jealous?”

Taeyeon nodded her head solemnly; Jessica rolled her eyes.

“But Jessica’s jealousy can be worse.”

“I know. That’s why we fit together.”

Tiffany cringed while Jessica’s face turned so red.

“Oh my god, that’s so cheesy!”

“Hee.”

“Jessica Jung, congratulations.”

“Huh? Why?”

“I think you’ll marry Taeyeon.”

“WHAT?!”

“Ah, thank you, Tiffany!”

“HEY! I didn’t agree to marry you!”

“Remember to invite me on your wedding day.”

“I will!”

“HEY!”

Jessica was appalled when her best friend and her girlfriend ganged up to .  They practically ignored her protestations. It was definitely a long day for Jessica.

*

Krystal Jung was minutes close to pull out her hair from her scalp. And her tutor wasn’t helping her much. She was tempted to pull the latter’s hair as well.

“Do you know your basics?”

“If I knew, I wouldn’t ask your help.”

“I cannot help you with the basics. It’s like going back to square one.”

“Then let’s go back to square one.”

“Are you kidding me? Your exams are next week!”

“That’s why my parents called you in to make miracles.”

“I’m a human, not God. I don’t make wonders.”

“Try me.”

Seohyun was going mental on her tuition kid but she wasn’t that easily burst into anger. She tried to hold it in. She counted to 10 mentally in her head while her eyes glared at her tuition kid. The girl just looked at her absent-mindedly. Seohyun tried another method.

“Let’s put our books aside.”

“And?”

“Let’s go out.”

“Are you going to ask me out for a date?”

“We’ll find things to do outside that is related to maths.”

The girl stared at Seohyun like as though she was crazy.

“I’m not insane.”

“You are. You’re the first tutor who asked me out on a date.”

“Shut up and just get ready.”

“You’re paying?”

Seohyun rolled her eyes.

“Yes I am. Can you just get ready now?”

“Okay!”

The girl ran into her room and Seohyun sighed loudly. She wondered why she was trying so hard. She was paid a lot and the girl’s parents had requested her personally to help their daughter. The girl’s parents are her parents’ old neighbours.  She just couldn’t let her down.

Just then, Krystal appeared in front of her. Seohyun’s eyes grew larger.

“What are you wearing?”

She was in shorts and t-shirt.

“Clothes?”

“It’s freezing cold outside.”

“I’ll wear a jacket.”

“Your legs will freeze to death.”

“I won’t. I love cold weather.”

Krystal quickly let herself out of the apartment; Seohyun didn’t have much choice.

What am I supposed to do with this girl?!

Seohyun screamed to nobody in her head.

*

 Yuri was walking back to her dorm when she felt someone pulled her hand. She was then hoisted into a car.

“HEY!”

“Please be quiet if you don’t want to make a scene.”

Yuri turned to find her kidnapper pulled out her cape. It was her nemesis.

“Are you insane?!”

“Hi Yuri.”

“Why did you kidnap me for?”

“I’m asking you out for dinner.”

Yuri looked at the cape on Soo Young’s lap.

“Where did you get that?”

“My dad owns a costume shop.”

“Ah, so you decided to dress up as “Darth Vader” and pulled random people into the car?”

“No, I only pull people I really like.”

“Can you stop with that?”

“Stop with what?”

“The liking me part.”

Soo Young suddenly grinned widely.

“Stop grinning!”

“My dear Yuri, why can’t you accept it?”

“Accept what?”

Soo Young turned to face Yuri. She sighed.

“Kwon Yuri, listen to what I’m going to say carefully.”

Yuri turned to face Soo Young. She noticed the seriousness in Soo Young’s voice.

“I like you. I really like you. Can you handle it?”

Yuri stared blankly at Soo Young. What did Soo Young expect her to say?

*

“So she’s Tiffany?”

Jessica turned to find Taeyeon looking at her.

“Why?”

“She’s pretty.”

“Of course she is.”

“Ok then.”

Jessica sensed jealousy in that last bit.

“Are you jealous, Taeyeon?”

“Well, I would be lying if I said no.”

Jessica wrapped her arms around Taeyeon. She kissed her girlfriend’s nose gently.

“I love you. You’re the only one for me now.”

“I know.”

“Then why are you still jealous?”

“She’s pretty!”

“You’re pretty too!”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“No, I’m not pretty. You’re prettier than her.”

Jessica’s cheeks turned red.

“Your point is, baby?”

“You’re pretty, she’s pretty. You two make a better match.”

Jessica giggled softly.

“But I prefer my lady with s.”

Taeyeon’s pout turned into a bright smile much to Jessica’s amusement.

*

Yoona was wondering what to get for her dinner when she saw someone familiar queuing up for food. She called out for her.

“Tiffany!”

Tiffany was taken aback to hear someone calling her. She was looking around when she saw Yoona waving at her. She smiled widely.

“Yoona!”

Yoona ran up to her.

“Hey, fancy meeting you here!”

“Yeah, what are you doing here?”

“I was dumped by my friend.”

“Oh?”

“She went off to meet her girlfriend and left me alone.”

“Ah, we’re in the same boat then.”

“Why?”

“My best friend decided to hang out with her girlfriend and left me behind.”

“Shall we have dinner together?”

“You don’t mind?”

“Why should I?”

“Okay!”

Then Yoona recalled something.

“Ah, my treat!”

“What?”

“You gave me the t-shirt, remember? I’m supposed to treat you for dinner. So, today is my treat. What do you want to eat?”

Tiffany was grinning from ear to ear. She was ecstatic to have some time alone with Yoona. Yoona took their orders and carried the tray to their table. Tiffany offered to carry but Yoona insisted she could do it by herself.

The two girls settled down and Tiffany had a hard time trying to look at Yoona into her eyes. Once the younger girl smiled at her, Tiffany could feel her heart was about to explode. Yoona noticed it.

“Are you alright?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Can I eat now?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Okay!”

Tiffany looked on as Yoona ate her meals heartily. She quietly observed how big eater Yoona could be. Her plate was filled with food. Yoona was talking but Tiffany couldn’t concentrate much.

Because right in front of her sat a girl whom she really adores so much.

“Tiffany, since we’re here, can we go to the amusement park later on?”

“Oh? You want to?”

“Yeah, I’ve always wanted to but couldn’t find a friend to go with me. Do you want to go with me?”

Yoona didn’t have to ask. Tiffany agreed instantly.

“I’d love to, Yoona.”

“Great!”

Yoona grinned like a happy little kid and Tiffany fell deeper.

You’re so cute, Yoona.

Tiffany smiled to herself.