Chapter 9 - Confession

Ignorant Brat

“AH! YOONA!”

“WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

The two girls spent time at the amusement park. Tiffany was a little afraid of the rollercoaster but she couldn’t disappoint Yoona who was really eager to ride that. So she braced herself up and sat on it; only to regret it at the first plunge. Yoona could see Tiffany’s face turning paler by the minute.

“Tiffany?”

The girl didn’t look up. She was facing the floor as she leaned her forehead against the handle.

“Tiffany, are you alright?”

“I feel like puking.”

“Hang on.”

Yoona removed the belt that put them to safety while on the ride. She then scooped Tiffany in her arms and ran down to the ground level. Tiffany was looking really pale.

“You’re scared of the ride?”

Tiffany nodded shyly.

“You could have told me!”

“You were so excited about it.”

“Yeah, I might be but that doesn’t mean I have to put your life in danger.”

“I’m not in danger. I’m just pale.”

“Can you walk then?”

“Yes I could.”

“Sit down here.”

Yoona helped Tiffany to the bench. She took out her water bottle and Tiffany took a sip of her drink. Yoona was already fanning Tiffany with her newspapers. She even took out her hand towel and wiped off the sweat beads on Tiffany’s forehead. Tiffany’s face turned redder than usual. And Yoona took it as she was having fever.

“Oh my god! You’re turning red!”

“Huh?”

“We need to bring you to the doctor.”

“Yoona! No need to!”

But Yoona didn’t wait. She scooped Tiffany up and ran to the nearest doctor. Tiffany was trying to stop her but to no avail. The younger girl was too strong so Tiffany took the liberty to hold on to Yoona instead.

She felt so loved having Yoona worrying for her. She looked up to take a mental picture of Yoona’s side view. She was just amazingly beautiful.

“Hang in there, okay? I could see the clinic from here. I’ll go a little faster, okay?”

Tiffany could only nod as she wrapped her arms around Yoona’s neck. Yoona pulled her closer and held her tighter. Tiffany found herself at the nook of Yoona’s neck.

OH MY GOD! HER SCENT!

Tiffany was fighting with her inner self; she really wanted to bite Yoona’s neck.

*

“Yuri?”

Yuri was silent in Soo Young’s car. Soo Young has just confessed to her and Yuri was completely stumped.

“Yuri ah, can you please answer me?”

The girl could only stare blankly.

“You know, by staring at me is not going to help you in anything. Am I that beautiful that you have to keep staring?”

Yuri rolled her eyes and turned away.

“Hey, I just confessed to you. Aren’t you going to say anything?”

“What do you want me to say?”

“I don’t know. You can give me two clear answers – no, I don’t like you or yes, I like you too.”

“It’s too sudden. In my mind, there’s only one answer.”

“What is it?”

“This girl is insane.”

“That means you don’t like me.”

“I didn’t say that.”

“THEN YOU LIKE ME?!”

“Choi Soo Young, don’t flatter yourself.”

“You’re one complicated woman.”

“You’re one yourself.”

“This conversation is going nowhere.”

Yuri sighed.

“You know, I’m so confused right now. One moment, you’re mean to me and then the other moment you confessed that you like me. It’s too much to handle in one day.”

“I’m mean to you because I like you.”

“Seriously? That’s your definition of liking people?”

“Your reactions are just so cute and cuddly.”

Yuri rolled her eyes again. She couldn’t answer Soo Young because she was confused. What she was confused with; Yuri couldn’t understand. Something in her heart was telling her not to let Soo Young go easily.

“Do you need time?”

“Of course I do.”

“How long?”

“What?”

“Give me a period of time.”

“You think I’m buying a house or something?”

“I don’t like to wait.”

“Then you have to play this waiting game if you want me.”

Soo Young looked up. Yuri just issued her a challenge.

“Are you challenging me?”

“I’m giving you a chance to prove to me why I should be with you.”

“Do you have another person?”

“What?”

“You like someone else?”

“Why do you say that?”

Soo Young was slowly losing her courage and a little bit of her patience. Yuri was buying time to make a decision. She assumed Yuri still likes Boa.

“I saw you with another girl.”

“Why does it sound like I’m cheating on you?”

“Well, figuratively.”

“You’re insane.”

“I’m serious about you, Yuri. If you have someone else, please let me know.”

“And what are you planning to do?”

“I’ll win your heart over.”

“Excuse me?”

“Tell me.”

Soo Young was determined.

“Tell you what?”

“Do you like Boa unnie?”

Yuri was stunned. And Soo Young took it as a yes. She jumped into conclusions too easily.

“So you really like her, huh?”

“What?”

“I’m asking you. You really like Boa unnie?”

“Yes I do.”

“She’s my rival then.”

“What?!”

“We’re going for a proper date right now!”

“HEY!”

Yuri was screaming at Soo Young who sped off immediately. Soo Young jumped into the wagon thinking Yuri really likes Boa and Yuri was completely taken off guard by her confession.

“YA! STOP THE CAR!”

“We’re going to have a proper date!”

“Whatever for?!”

“I told you I’m going to win your heart!”

“YOU’RE SERIOUSLY INSANE, CHOI SOO YOUNG!”

Soo Young didn’t really care just as long as she was given a chance to prove to Yuri that she’s for real.

*

“Thanks Hyoyeon.”

“Don’t mention. Chanyeol is a prick. We all hate him.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, he thinks he owns the school. So don’t bother about him.”

“You seem to know him well?”

“My cousins are friends with him. We used to take taekwondo lessons together.”

“I see. But seriously, thanks.”

“It’s okay. But you might want to stick with me.”

“Huh? Why?”

“I told him you’re my girl. He wouldn’t believe.”

“So you’re suggesting we should pretend?”

“Yeah, for the time being until he finds someone else. He will never give up if he sees a glimmer of hope.”

“So what do you think we should do?”

Hyoyeon looked at Sunny before coming closer. Sunny’s heart was pumping when she realized Hyoyeon was looking at her.

“What..what are you looking at?”

“Do you like girls?”

“Huh?”

“I didn’t think about you earlier on. You might be straight.”

“Oh, don’t worry. I won’t take it to offence.”

“Serious? I’m into girls.”

Sunny smiled.

“I know that.”

“You know?”

“I can sense that.”

“Really?”

“I’m like you too.”

“AH! So I was right!”

“What?”

“I know you’re not straight!”

Hyoyeon was screaming at the top of her lungs. Sunny lunged forward and covered .

“You don’t have to announce to the school!”

Hyoyeon’s eyes were apologetic. She was saying something but it was too muffled. Sunny’s hand was covering .

“What did you say?”

Hyoyeon removed her hand and smiled at Sunny.

“I said you’re so cute.”

Sunny’s heart skipped a beat.

“So girlfriend, let’s have dinner together.”

“Wh..at..?”

“From today onwards, you’re my girlfriend and I’m your girlfriend. Let’s make Chanyeol eat our dust!”

Sunny didn’t mind that arrangement. She wasn’t too sure if she really likes Hyoyeon to a certain extent. This pretentious relationship could help her somehow.

“Let’s go?”

Hyoyeon stuck her arm out and Sunny took it gladly. Hyoyeon was quick to wrap her arm around Sunny’s and went off together. She prayed hard that she wouldn’t fall so hard. It might difficult for her to get out of it if she did.

Hyoyeon, let’s see if we’re meant to be together.

Sunny whispered softly in her heart.

*

“How could you possibly link everything to Mathematics and Sciences? We have these happening in our lives every day!”

Krystal was amazed at how Seohyun could teach without textbooks. She just used the things around them to make Krystal understand the basic concepts.

“We could always link it back to our lives for easier referencing.”

“You do that all the time?”

“Yeah, especially if the topic is difficult.”

“You’re crazily smart.”

“I’m not. We are born with brains.”

“Don’t go on me for that.”

“You’re smart too, Krystal. You’re just plain lazy.”

Krystal rolled her eyes and took a sip of her chocolate shake.

“I’m not plain lazy. I just refuse to study.”

“Why is that so?”

“I don’t feel like it. My parents are never around. I used to study hard in everything – my studies, my piano, my violin and even my ballet dance lesons. I excel in all these but they have never attended any of my performances or even when I won a prize for being a top student, they were not there to watch me. My sister was there instead.”

Seohyun felt sorry for Krystal. She was deprived of her family’s attention.

“So you purposely failed all your subjects so that they could take an interest on you again?”

“Yeah, they finally did. Of course with a lot of scolding and reprimanding, but I didn’t care much. I just like their attention on me.”

“It must have been tough for you.”

Krystal shrugged her shoulders. Seohyun was still walking beside her.

“The only person who really cares for me is my sister. But she’s studying in a university so I was very much being left alone. But she changed too. She gave up on her love and life altogether.”

“She got her heart broken?”

“Yeah but mostly because our parents didn’t care. So we were left to fend for ourselves.”

“That’s called rebellion.”

“Whatever. They still don’t care.”

“What makes you think they don’t?”

Krystal kept quiet and focused her eyes on the ground floor. Seohyun stood beside her. She looked up to find the first snowflakes falling. She smiled widely and then took Krystal’s hand. She tenderly wrapped Krystal’s two hands into hers and she gently massaged them to keep warm.

Krystal was taken aback at Seohyun’s reactions but just kept still. Her eyes focused on their hands.

“Look, it’s snowing. We caught the first snow together.”

“Uh huh.”

“So I want you to remember today.”

“What’s with today?”

Seohyun smiled widely and pulled Krystal closer. She then wrapped her arms around Krystal.

“You have another person who will care for you too.”

Krystal looked up immediately. Seohyun’s face was radiating with light.

“You can always look for me if you need someone.”

Krystal just stared at her with wide open. She was stunned.

*

“Are you staying over tonight?”

Jessica was playing with Taeyeon’s fingers as they made their way back to the dorm together.

“I don’t think so. Yoona is still unaware.”

“You didn’t get to tell her?”

“You called me to hurry and meet you. So I just left her there.”

“What a friend you are, baby.”

“I’m sure she’s going to be mad at me too.”

Jessica shifted her body and leaned against Taeyeon’s chest. The smaller girl wrapped her girlfriend tightly in her embrace. They didn’t really care about the taxi ride. The uncle couldn’t be bothered either.

“When are you going to tell her?”

“Tomorrow. I’m planning to break the news to all of them at the same time.”

“Do you need to be there?”

“Of course! I have to introduce you to them somehow.”

“Okay, so let’s have dinner and then we head over to the lounge.”

“You just want to prolong your moments with me, aren’t you?”

“What do you think?”

“Okay but today is a school night. We will sleep at 10pm.”

“Do we really have to follow the rules?”

“We’re in school, Jessica.”

“I didn’t know my girlfriend is rule-abiding citizen?”

“Hey, we’re all living happily because we follow the rules. I’ll bring you somewhere on the weekends. We can have the time to ourselves then.”

Jessica was ecstatic about that idea.

“REALLY?!”

“Yes, really. But you must behave. Let’s sleep at 10pm okay?”

“Fine, I’ll just listen to you.”

“That’s my good girl.”

Taeyeon gave her a soft kiss on her forehead. The couple was just too much in love.

*

Yoona sent Tiffany home. With a twist of fate, Tiffany really had fever. Her phobia developed into a fever instead. Yoona was feeling guilty. Once at Tiffany’s dorm, Yoona put her to bed. She even made some porridge so that Tiffany could eat it before her medicine.

“Hey, it’s okay. I can cook for myself.”

“Nah, you’re sick.  You just have to rest in bed. I’ll do the rest for you.”

Yoona cooked porridge using Tiffany’s portable stove. Tiffany was watching her. Yoona stopped by at the supermarket to grab some ingredients for Tiffany.  Tiffany’s heart just kept falling further. She wasn’t too sure if she should confess.

“Fany, are you staying alone?”

Yoona saw the empty bed on the other side of the room.

“Yeah, my roommate decided to return home. So I’m basically alone.”

“Oh? Is it dangerous being on your own?”

“Not really. It’s pretty safe here.”

“Okay, but you still have to be cautious. Close your windows at night.”

“I will, Yoona.”

Tiffany loved the way Yoona took care of her. She noticed those little things even without Tiffany mentioning anything. She adores Yoona for taking notice of the little details.

“Okay, porridge is done. I’ll bring it up to you.”

“It’s okay, we can eat together. I can sit on the floor.”

“Oh? Okay, be careful.”

Tiffany joined Yoona on the floor. She was already pouring out the contents into small bowls. Tiffany took a deep breath.

“Wow, this smells good.”

“Yeah, it’s abalone.”

“What?”

“It’s good for you. Here, eat it.”

Tiffany’s heart was in danger.

She was seriously in love with Yoona.

God help me. I’m in love with her.

Tiffany’s heart whispered softly.

*

Yoona went back to her room with a smile on her face. She had a wonderful time with Tiffany although she was the one who made Tiffany fell ill. She promised Tiffany that she would make breakfast for her tomorrow.

Yoona was walking along the corridor when she saw Taeyeon with a girl. She couldn’t see the other girl properly but they were holding hands. Yoona smiled.

“She’s really seeing someone.”

Yoona decided to leave her friend and her girlfriend alone. She went straight back to her room and missed the chance to know who the other girl was.

But Taeyeon saw her instead and called out for her.

“Yoona!”

Yoona turned. Taeyeon was approaching her with the girl in question but Yoona was shocked when she knew the girl.

“Taeyeon? Jessica?”

She saw their intertwined hands.

“Yoona, you’re my closest buddy so I thought I should confess to you.”

Yoona wasn’t too sure if she wanted to hear this.

“Jessica’s my new girlfriend now.”

Yoona’s world just turned upside down instantly.

*

“What’s with you?”

Hyoyeon was puzzled to find Seohyun smiling widely as she returned the room.

“I made someone really happy today.”

“Oh?”

“She’s so happy today.”

“Who’s so happy?”

“My tuition kid.”

Hyoyeon was still staring at Seohyun.

“What did you do?”

Seohyun didn’t answer her but grabbed her towel to shower.

“Crazy girl.”

Hyoyeon mumbled to herself. Suddenly her door was kicked wide open. Hyoyeon jumped on the bed while Yuri dragged herself in and slumped beside Hyoyeon.

“And what’s wrong with you?”

“That crazy woman is driving me insane!”

“Who? Soo Young sunbae?”

“Who else.”

“What did she do to you now?”

Again, Hyoyeon was ignored. Yuri didn’t answer. She just took Hyoyeon’s console and plucked into her television. She started slaying the zombies in the game; she was venting anger on them. Hyoyeon looked on.

“What’s wrong with my friends? One returned with a big wide smile and smiling nonstop; and the other returned to slay zombies on my television. The world is really insane.”

Hyoyeon shook her head.

Just then her phone beeped. Sunny sent her a message.

“Ah, this one is better. I rather entertain Sunny than to entertain my stupid friends.”

Hyoyeon grinned to herself as she spent the whole night messaging Sunny.

*